As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Google Map: Where Are You Coming From?

1235»

• Dave_8922Dave_8922 Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Driving From Brantford Ontario Canada. my First PAX can't wait.

Dave_8922 on
  • LelldorianxLelldorianx Registered User regular
    edited August 2021

Lelldorianx on
    Editor @ GamersNexus.net
  • TheMegTheMeg Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    added! coming from livonia michigan. it's gonna be a looooong drive. lol

TheMeg on
  • Slim30Slim30 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Taking the train up from Warwick, Rhode Island. Shooting for the 7:15 train so I can get there in time for the Microsoft tweetup

Slim30 on
  • BiggumsBiggums Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Driving from Charleston, WV. I thought that was a long drive until I looked on the map.

Biggums on
  • WeaponIIWeaponII Baltimore, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Added, coming from BWI the morning of 3/10. If anyone wants to meet/grab breakfast, or if there's one planned that could use an extra head let me know!

WeaponII on
    PAX East: My Second Coming - 2013
    ticket[x] flight[x] hotel/room share[x] time off[x]
  • TuftTuft Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am sure this is a total long-shot, but I suppose that it's worth asking.

Is there anyone from Georgia (or even the surrounding area) that is going to PAX East that might be looking to actually drive up to Boston? Yeah, I know, crazy. Right now a flight is sort of out of my budget, so I am hoping I find someone who is going that I can split the drive cost with. Right now, I have a hotel booked from Thursday the 10th and checking out Monday the 14th.

Just let me know!

There undoubtedly has to be some SCAD kids going if you're near or know anyone from Savannah. Maybe try Sav's craigslist? I don't know anyone still in that area or I'd try to be of more help.. :/

Tuft on
  • HarpuaScorpioHarpuaScorpio South JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Added. South Jersey will be well-represented up in Boston.

HarpuaScorpio on
    Podcast Producer/Host: PerpetualGeekMachine.net
  • psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Was driving, but car problems mean I'm flying up on Thrusday from Pittsburgh, PA, around noonish on Southwest, in fact. Any other 'Burghers gonna be in the airport around that time?

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • LelldorianxLelldorianx Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hmm, my mark keeps disappearing. Apparently I'm a total noob at editing maps :P Regardless -- good luck to the guy driving from GA; I hope you have some amazing gas mileage!

Lelldorianx on
    Editor @ GamersNexus.net
  • TuftTuft Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hmm, my mark keeps disappearing. Apparently I'm a total noob at editing maps :P Regardless -- good luck to the guy driving from GA; I hope you have some amazing gas mileage!

Mine does too, go team badatgooglemaps!

Tuft on
  • trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tuft wrote: »

Not sure if this was the problem (maybe because I was being an idiot, as always) but there are multiple pages with marks. It took me a few minutes to realize I wasn't on the first page.

trinistand on
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    trinistand wrote: »
    Tuft wrote: »

Not sure if this was the problem (maybe because I was being an idiot, as always) but there are multiple pages with marks. It took me a few minutes to realize I wasn't on the first page.

Yup, that "fixed" my problem at least. My "problem" being Silly Goosery. :P

cynthetic on
  • redshoepaulredshoepaul Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm coming from Boston, so depending on the weather, I'll probably bike with a friend. It's only 15 minutes away roughly from me.

redshoepaul on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    TheMeg wrote: »
    added! coming from livonia michigan. it's gonna be a looooong drive. lol

Ludington, MI. My drive is longer haha-- Aww now I'm sad.

UEAKCrash on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    Should've taken the PAX Train :D

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah I didn't know there was a line going up there when our original plans were made because the main map didn't have it. But oh well, ride secured.

UEAKCrash on
  • Demonia105Demonia105 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Added mine! (Was another person that didn't realize the pages thing. Haha.)

Coming from the middle of Long Island, grabbing an early train on the 10th to Penn and grabbing the 6:55 Acela over to South Station. I wanted to go on to the Pax line, but I wanted to get in early for a bit of a rest to wind down, or something. Just to prepare for the Pokecrawl that night.

Demonia105 on
  • reverend_tobiasreverend_tobias Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just now realized the pages on the map. Seems pretty dumb to me, but oh well. Anyway, training from Birmingham, Alabama. Hope to see you Metroid and Sonic riders in two weeks!

reverend_tobias on
  • Fetch26291Fetch26291 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    the marker for PAX East's location is WRONG! Why the BCEC isn't on that map is weird.

Fetch26291 on
  • TheRobotGuyTheRobotGuy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was just wondering where everybody that is attending PAX East would be coming from. I will be coming from Manchester, NH with another friend from Manch, and a friend from Maine who is going to meet up with us here, then we're going to the bus station at 5AM to arrive in Boston at 7:10ish.
    I read a lot of posts from people who are coming from overseas, so with all the sarcastic answers under location, it would be cool to see how far people are willing to travel to go to PAX East.

TheRobotGuy on
    Fuck You Bottle is the name of my Jonathan Coulton cover band.
  • neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This thread should answer your questions:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=130830

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • scottish steveoscottish steveo Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Coming all the way from Scotland! Look out for me in my kilt!

scottish steveo on
    Xbox.com Moderator. Xbox Live Ambassador. Xbox Xpert.
  • Demonia105Demonia105 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fetch26291 wrote: »
    the marker for PAX East's location is WRONG! Why the BCEC isn't on that map is weird.

Looked at it, and fixed the marker to where the convention center is. It was just placed a little ways north of where Pax East is.

Demonia105 on
  • StrikerObiStrikerObi Tallahassee, FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Coming from Tallahassee, FL. This is my 3rd PAX (I did Prime '08 and East '10). I can't wait.

StrikerObi on
  • neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just noticed that anyone can drag anyone else's placemark anywhere they want.
    This is probably why someone is driving from the west coast of Africa, and a bunch of people are apparently leaving from the middle of the Pacific ocean.

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • Cailler CountryCailler Country Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Coming from Nashua, NH. Yeah, nothing crazy.

Cailler Country on
    - Brett
    Founder of http://www.aunonline.com
    Gaming. Movies. Reviews. Stuff.
    Like the Facebook and spread it! ;-)
  • Koopa KremlinKoopa Kremlin Mandalorian Commander Los Angeles, CA & Concord DawnRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Los Angeles Represent!

Koopa Kremlin on
  • Parvulus1Parvulus1 Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    cadmia wrote: »
    It's great to see more people from Virginia filling in! Perhaps we could do a Richmond / DC / Baltimore get together arranged.

I'll be down for that. I also live in MD and am flying up from BWI with a friend on Wednesday. We're meeting a couple of friends from MD on Thursday for Pokecrawl (Team Snorlax probably). My friend and I are staying for a week so we can do some touristy things (Go CityPass!).

Parvulus1 on
  • arcadegamerarcadegamer longtime gamer and cartoon/anime watcher Westport ,MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hi anyone from southeastern MA /RI i like to know i am from westport/dartmouth area . just asking

arcadegamer on
  • cadmiacadmia Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Parvulus1 wrote: »
    cadmia wrote: »
    It's great to see more people from Virginia filling in! Perhaps we could do a Richmond / DC / Baltimore get together arranged.

I'll be down for that. I also live in MD and am flying up from BWI with a friend on Wednesday. We're meeting a couple of friends from MD on Thursday for Pokecrawl (Team Snorlax probably). My friend and I are staying for a week so we can do some touristy things (Go CityPass!).

We're also doing the crawl - We'll be on Pikachu, Group A - Maybe we can try to meet up at some point!

cadmia on
  • KnolandKnoland Hungry Hungry Hippo VermontRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Coming from Nashua, NH. Yeah, nothing crazy.

I'm coming from hollis! I didnt think there was anyone else from such a random place going.

Knoland on
    PAX EAST 2014: Ticket/Enforcing[x] Hotel [x] Travel [x]
  • D Versus AD Versus A Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Got the short drive from Rhode Island :)

D Versus A on
    Friend: Wow..what happened to him?
    Me: He dun goofed.
    Friend: .........What?
  • cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    D Versus A wrote: »

Holy fudge, another person from Rhode Island. I was starting to think I was the only gamer in the state.

While waiting in line for Prime last year the showed the board of numbers for attendees from which states. RI had a whooping 1. Me.

cocowoushi on
  • lillblillb Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hi anyone from southeastern MA /RI i like to know i am from westport/dartmouth area . just asking

dartmouth/new bedford area here.
    I'm heading up with 3 friends from dartmouth and other friends from new bedford are meeting us on saturday

lillb on
  • D Versus AD Versus A Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cocowoushi wrote: »
    D Versus A wrote: »

Holy fudge, another person from Rhode Island. I was starting to think I was the only gamer in the state.

While waiting in line for Prime last year the showed the board of numbers for attendees from which states. RI had a whooping 1. Me.
    Haha I was curious as to who put the symbol next to east providence. Looks like Rhode Islands attendees has doubled this year.

D Versus A on
    Friend: Wow..what happened to him?
    Me: He dun goofed.
    Friend: .........What?