As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nintendo 3DS Thread: Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D awarded "best box art" so far

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tamin wrote: »
    I would be tempted into purchasing a version of Super Metroid IN 3D, but I doubt it'll happen.
    Don't get my hopes up like that.

SirToasty on
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6295026.html
    The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time isn't the only old game getting a 3D overhaul for Nintendo's new handheld. In an investor presentation today, company president Satoru Iwata revealed that Nintendo has a new 3D Classics line that it will make available through the system's eShop online storefront.

The downloadable titles will be given "a new 3D look," according to Iwata. He did not mention any specific games that would be included in the line.

Unfortunately, early adopters of the 3DS will need to wait some time before they can get their hands on the 3D Classics, or any downloadable titles, for that matter. Iwata said that the eShop and related features like the system's Web browser and DSi game transfers won't launch until Nintendo releases the first system update for the 3DS in late May.

This is awesome.

The only problem I can see myself having here is buying games that I've played the shit out of already, realizing that I've played the shit out of them, and having them rot on my 3DS until I can bring myself to delete them.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6295026.html
    The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time isn't the only old game getting a 3D overhaul for Nintendo's new handheld. In an investor presentation today, company president Satoru Iwata revealed that Nintendo has a new 3D Classics line that it will make available through the system's eShop online storefront.

The downloadable titles will be given "a new 3D look," according to Iwata. He did not mention any specific games that would be included in the line.

Unfortunately, early adopters of the 3DS will need to wait some time before they can get their hands on the 3D Classics, or any downloadable titles, for that matter. Iwata said that the eShop and related features like the system's Web browser and DSi game transfers won't launch until Nintendo releases the first system update for the 3DS in late May.

This is awesome.

The only problem I can see myself having here is buying games that I've played the shit out of already, realizing that I've played the shit out of them, and having them rot on my 3DS until I can bring myself to delete them.

Or just switch SD cards ?

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tamin wrote: »
    I would be tempted into purchasing a version of Super Metroid IN 3D, but I doubt it'll happen.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pictures from the Japan launch are starting to roll in.
    3ds_japan-1.jpg
    3ds_japan-3.jpg
    3ds_japan-5.jpg
    3ds_japan-6.jpg
    3ds_japan-7.jpg

I really hope they will have the same sort of demo-stands here i Denmark. I can't wait to see how good the 3D effect is.

EDIT: Wauw, the images load crazy slow!

EDIT COMBOx2: And a more detailed unboxing!

The Mantiz on
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I forgot how different retailers are in Japan.

Synthesis on
  • The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    And now a detailed video-unboxing.

They are also previewing Street Fighter 4 and Ridge Racer 3D

Part 1

PArt 2

Part3

The Mantiz on
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thank god the health and safety warning is gone.

Squirrel Rancher on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thank god the health and safety warning is gone.

This may in fact be the greatest change from the DS ever :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Unboxings always pump me up. 30 days.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MarioG wrote: »

Be sure not to lose an eye.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Apparently the 3DS boxes won't stay upright: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/32940
    Hardly a deal breaker, but you've think someone would have caught on during the design phase somewhere.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • MattieMattie Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Where's the cheapest place to get one in the UK right now?

Mattie on
    3DS Code 0001-3323-2884
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Suplex86
  • BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mattie wrote: »
    Where's the cheapest place to get one in the UK right now?

Amazon.co.uk and Play.com both have them for £196.99. Each has optional bundle offers where if you buy a (moderately crappy) game with the console, you get the game for £20. Amazon page is here. Play.com has them split into multiple distinct products, and charges £23 for the bundled game.

EDIT: And both places 1) won't charge you until just before they ship, and 2) will reduce the price of your pre-order if they drop the price of the product (has happened twice before for the 3DS).

Bioptic on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    klemming wrote: »
    Apparently the 3DS boxes won't stay upright: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/32940
    Hardly a deal breaker, but you've think someone would have caught on during the design phase somewhere.

The only game cases I have that stand up on their own are DS cases.. 360/PS3/etc all fall over. They've just omitted all the damn space that was needed for the GBA cart holder, so no more wide base.

FyreWulff on
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm just finding it funny that 1up decided this news was worth a video.
    Their other exclusive video? One showing that 3DS carts don't fit in the DS.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It doesn't open up here at work but I'm sure LewieP posted some decent UK pre-order deals over at savygamer:

http://savygamer.co.uk/category/deals/3ds/

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well today's the day for Japan. In a couple hours everybody will have one!

Andriasang is a pretty good site for coverage of the launch, if you're interested.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm going to a demo at a shopping centre tomorrow. Should be cool.

DaveTheWave on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystic TerrapinMystic Terrapin Shelled Sorcerer Dark LandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm hoping they eventually release the red/black version. I'm holding out for it, as tempting as just getting a black one is. I guess I'll start off with SFIV and later Ocarina of Time. Nothing else tickles my fancy.

Mystic Terrapin on
    Nintendo Network ID: Ghostosaurus
    3DS FC: 0774-4319-6018
    PSN:GallantJay
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I can't wait to see how this bad boy will end up selling. Japan is portable country after all.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    edited February 2011
    And finally we're going to learn how the battery life actually is.

Some guy on some forum said they had a demo 3DS available and he tested the battery life with AR Games, 3D, max brightness and all and got 7 hours. But of course that's meaningless.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Mystic TerrapinMystic Terrapin Shelled Sorcerer Dark LandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm awaiting the demo kiosks. I'd like to see the 3D for myself, but I can easily take countless people's great experiences as proof that its good.

Mystic Terrapin on
    Nintendo Network ID: Ghostosaurus
    3DS FC: 0774-4319-6018
    PSN:GallantJay
    edited February 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwqnb9RLwYI

Sad for the visualizations that we've apparently lost from the DSi version, like the chicks in eggshells, the cards, the ripple etc., but the new ones look neat.

EDIT: Also, screens and video of the AR graffiti program!

UncleSporky on
  • MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    agoaj wrote: »
    MarioG wrote: »

Be sure not to lose an eye.

Everything seems pointier now.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
    edited February 2011
    And now, a public service announcement, courtesy of Nintendo.

Tz3D6.jpgr9KeU.jpg

S9GIL.jpgMiqNG.jpg

WzKGb.jpgEyB4X.jpg

vh7Gj.jpg

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/26/3ds_manuals/

UncleSporky on
    edited February 2011
    Man, Nintendo always has the best "Don't do this" pictures.

I like the last one. I can only assume it means "Don't look at the 3DS or you may fall into an irreversable coma"

I also like the concept that someone would put their face right up to that little power light in the back of the unit. You would have to be pretty god damn stupid to blind yourself on that.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I cannot for the life of me figure out what the third and last ones are supposed to be. Also the melting picture is hilarious.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    I cannot for the life of me figure out what the third and last ones are supposed to be. Also the melting picture is hilarious.

I think the third is about not looking into an IR port of some type and the last is to not play too much.

Or perhaps the last is a 'Don't play angry!"?

Wraithverge on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Do not attempt to unlock 3DS region with key, as this will just damage the 3DS.

Last one is indicating "stop use if nauseous"

FyreWulff on
    edited February 2011
    Lorahalo wrote: »

I assume the third one is saying you can go blind staring at the little power light for too long - I guess kind of like shining a laser pointer in your eye?

The last one is probably a warning about prolonged exposure to the 3d effect causing headaches, but it's hilariously misleading.

Edit: Also, in before someone photoshops a toilet into the second to last picture :P

Warlock82 on
    edited February 2011
    nuoCT.jpg

UncleSporky on
  • WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also: I'm fairly certain the 2nd warning is "Keep ice cream replicas of 3DS cold lest they melt before you eat them."

Wraithverge on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Do we need to bring the photoshop thread back?

jothki on
  • ystaelystael Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Given the disclaimers about the 3D effect, I'd guess the last one is "don't play if you feel unsteady or nauseated".

ystael on
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MiqNG.jpg

Keep your 3DS away from rubber ducks. They may try to push it off the table and onto your child.

Taya on
    edited February 2011
    vK549.jpg

UncleSporky on
  • JaveJave Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Taya wrote: »
    MiqNG.jpg
    DONNY DON'T!

Jave on
    My Let's Play - Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Updated July 29, 2011!)
    (I appreciate all feedback, so take a few minutes to check it out)

Pokemon White: 5371-9705-4895
    3DS Friend Code: 2105-8646-1262
    edited February 2011
    vK549.jpg

Clearly a sneak preview of one of the 3DS AR games!

Warlock82 on
  • Lux782Lux782 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    And now, a public service announcement, courtesy of Nintendo.
    r9KeU.jpg

Are you sure that isn't a warning about microwaving your DS to get rid of any water or sweat that might fall on it?

Lux782 on