As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC] Hall of Mirrors (M&M)

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    It looks like it was 12? Fuck yes!

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    So what was the save DC on that attack? 10? 12? Maga might have sealed the deal after all!

+8. It isn't a power just a normal, unarmed attack.

Would it be kosher at this point to try and fiddle with points to get my regeneration to how I want it, or at least a reasonable facsimile given I don't have many places I could cannibalize points from?

edit: remember, strength BONUS is (strength-10)/2, rounded down so +8 strength is only +4 bonus.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It looks like it was 12? Fuck yes!

His toughness is down to 12 with the bruises and the stagger. She's got a DV of 8. She hit him hard enough to bruise him, but not enough to put him down yet.

Thomamelas on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    So what was the save DC on that attack? 10? 12? Maga might have sealed the deal after all!

+8. It isn't a power just a normal, unarmed attack.

Would it be kosher at this point to try and fiddle with points to get my regeneration to how I want it, or at least a reasonable facsimile given I don't have many places I could cannibalize points from?

Send me the proposed changes and I'll look at them.

Thomamelas on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Speaking of this, Thom, I realized just now that the Mighty modifier on my Strike does absolutely nothing, since the strike is at my maximum save DC anyway. Would it be alright if I just made that Penetrating instead? It wouldn't be switching any points around, just changing the modifier.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited February 2011
    Speaking of this, Thom, I realized just now that the Mighty modifier on my Strike does absolutely nothing, since the strike is at my maximum save DC anyway. Would it be alright if I just made that Penetrating instead? It wouldn't be switching any points around, just changing the modifier.

That would be fine.

Thomamelas on
    edited February 2011
    Rad, thanks!

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    He's just trying to freak us out, isn't he.

Captain Carrot on
    edited February 2011
    Given his reputation, it is safe to assume that he may indeed be fucking with you.

Thomamelas on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    D:

concerned about this guy

desc on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yes, very concerned.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited February 2011
    He's a pretty serious level of villain. You've all seen him killing a hero on national television and he's had quite a few run ins with Justice Inc in the past.

Thomamelas on
    edited February 2011
    Is it my go then?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited February 2011
    Yes.

Thomamelas on
    edited February 2011
    Before I go Thom, I need to check with you since I didn't use magic as the descriptor but is my emotion control magic, thus he is immune or is it something else? This basically determines my action.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited February 2011
    It's a power granted by the gods?

Thomamelas on
    edited February 2011
    Innate through my divine blood since some stories Ares can mess with the emotions found on the battle field such as fear, anger and hate.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited February 2011
    You can try it. It's not magic, if it's from the gods then it's divine.

Thomamelas on
    edited February 2011
    That bastard. Combat is over for the time being?

Captain Carrot on
    edited February 2011
    That bastard. Combat is over for the time being?

We are out of combat mode.

Thomamelas on
    edited February 2011
    I think we're either going to be sworn in or get a mission, so we should head into the conference room, folks.

Captain Carrot on
    edited February 2011
    Are the voices for the rest of the party or me?

Captain Carrot on
    edited February 2011
    Are the voices for the rest of the party or me?

Everyone.

Thomamelas on
    edited February 2011
    Thom, there are so monsters here. The more you say not the more I believe otherwise. ;)

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited March 2011
    Desc are you alive? What's up?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited March 2011
    Oh weird, you just posted that.

Sorry, have been alternately partying/sleeping it off since I took off work on Friday. Had a cousin visiting from out of state. About to go get caught up.

desc on
    edited March 2011
    Are the Iron Legion doctors flying using visible means of propulsion?

Captain Carrot on
    edited March 2011
    Are the Iron Legion doctors flying using visible means of propulsion?

Not really. They aren't quite Iron Man suits where you see tiny bits of jet holding them up.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011
    So they're not vulnerable to Mountain King's Weaken? Hmm. Would a snowstorm block our vision of them, or just theirs of us? Obscure seems like it would do the latter, but my fluff sounds indiscriminate.

Captain Carrot on
    edited March 2011
    From a mechanics perspective, they are a point laden device rather then a series of devices. And they have traditionally used a variety of senses such as radar, lidar, sonar and other exotic senses.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011
    The Order screw up has been my bad. Jacob and Desc finish your turns then we'll use the correct one next turn.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011
    So a note about Snare. There are a number of powers that come very close to snare or overlap in odd ways. And in some ways I will allow this, but since the power isn't snare, expect that there will be heavy, heavy modifiers involved. And I may take a hero point if it works. I may also take one if it does work. Snare exists as a power for a reason, if you see your character using it, then feel free to take it as an alternate power. Simply post in the thread what you're spending the PP's you've been given on, and update your character sheets.

Continuing to attempt to use snare without actually having snare is going to be viewed by me as a chance to invoke "Dramatic Plot Twist". Now this is a bronze age game, so expect that "Dramatic Plot Twists" aren't going to involve happy picnics.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011
    So since I'm dazed, what do I post?

"Maga does nothing because she can't right now?"

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited March 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    So since I'm dazed, what do I post?

"Maga does nothing because she can't right now?"

Nothing. Just not 100% tonight and not quite firing on all cylinders.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011
    Thom, quick question since these are brains in a jar can I effect them emotionally or not?

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited March 2011
    You can try.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011
    making Germans feel emotion is going to be hard at the best of times, Mazzy :P

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited March 2011
    I can make them hate Jacob. I can cause so much hate with them. I should get bonuses to that.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited March 2011
    They are Nazi scientists still alive and kicking mostly because they hate Justice Inc. They've pretty much maxed out their hate scores.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011
    So many snares. Can I try to paralyze one of them by encasing them in diamond?

desc on