As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Flights and extended layovers...

EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles.Portland, ORRegistered User regular
edited February 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So, this Fall I'm going to Poitiers (France) to study for four months. I was looking at flights and there's one that has a connection in Iceland. Hey! I've always wanted to visit Iceland. I was thinking of instead of just making a connecting flight there, flying in, staying for a couple days, then continuing on to France.

So, my question is this: How do I go about doing this? I found the price for the ticket through Travelocity. Do I need to buy one ticket to Iceland, then one to Paris if I want to do the longer layover? Should I contact a Travel Agent? The airline? Is buying two tickets going to make this way more expensive?

EDIT: Booking multiple flights (1 to Iceland, 1 to Paris, then home) through Travelocity looks like it's going to cost about $400 more than just booking one round trip flight with no stop of any real time in Iceland.

Esh on

• TaGuelleTaGuelle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey man, call travelocity/expedia/wtvr directly and ask them to just make the layover flight three days later or whatever. I did that when flying from NY to Seoul via San Francisco and also from Seoul to Manila via Hong Kong.

TaGuelle on
  • mehmehmehmehmehmeh Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I believe you will want to fly with Icelandic air Not sure how they are on price now, many years ago they were comparable to NWA/Continental when I flew to europe.

mehmehmeh on
  • BlochWaveBlochWave Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Don't buy two one-way tickets, select the multiple destination option with Travelocity (or your travel website of choice) It may still be more expensive than just passing through. Ticket pricing is...hard to predict, to say the least.

Consume hakarl in Iceland. Film it.

BlochWave on
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mehmehmeh wrote: »
    I believe you will want to fly with Icelandic air Not sure how they are on price now, many years ago they were comparable to NWA/Continental when I flew to europe.

Ah! The stopover tool solved my problem. Thanks!

Lock it!

Esh on
This discussion has been closed.