As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Going Without Things

TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonightHas stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Social Entropy++
Yeah, it isn't lent or anything like that, but I am taking the months of March and April off from drinking alcohol.

I'm not Catholic anyway.

So tonight is my last night of boozing it up since I work until midnight tomorrow and drinking then would be cheating. Yes I am drinking a bunch as I write this terrible OP.

But I am not giving up drinking for the sake of giving up drinking! Oh no! In the next two months I will attempt to quit smoking, start exercising for the first time in like... well it's been a long time since I actively did that.

I don't have to give this up for reasons put upon me by outside forces, but maybe some of you have had interventions or the like, medical or otherwise.

Give it up SE++

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
Tonkka on

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The last 5 or so Lents, I've given up meat. I considered alcohol this go around, but now I'm thinking about going on antidepressants instead.

Aneurhythmia on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've been thinking about going off them! But right now I'm giving up not exercising.

Meissnerd on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Meissnerd you should quit being so rad.

No wait, don't.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    One lent I gave up my bed and slept on the floor for 40 days.

Next year I gave up weed

After that I decided giving things up was not for me, also Catholicism was a piece of shit

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am trying to curb my spending a bit to save up for a new (second hand car).

Hopefully I will have 4k in the bank by the end of next month.

This will leave me with another 6k to borrow and I'll sell my current one for around 800-1000.

So I am going without rampant spending.

I'll be kinda sorry to see my car go to be honest. I've had him for ten years and he was my first ever car. All of my other friends are on their second, third or fourth cars.

Blake T on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Meissnerd you should quit being so rad.

No wait, don't.

:!!:

what a pleasant surprise! thanks pal

Meissnerd on
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm going to give up masturbation again. If I want to ejaculate during lent I'm gonna have to delegate.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fiz no.

That is so dangerous.

Tonkka on
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I need to give up procrastination

I've been working on it for a while.

George Fornby Grill on
  • GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    now that I know circumcision was designed to hinder masturbation I enjoy it much more

yeaaah fuck you guys it didn't work mlm (jerking off)

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    yes

I like this thread

AUSTERITY FOR EVERYONE

austerity-for-middle-class-meat-market.jpg

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Can't you just regrow the foreskin anyway?

Burning Organ on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I gave up Paxil last week

Wasn't expecting to go through withdrawal!

Stayed up 36 hours yesterday just to avoid the nightmares

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Been meaning to give up junk food for a while

I've done it a couple times

It's hard because I'm lazy

#pipe on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tonnka I think I'm gonna steal your idea

Gonna drink a few $2 drafts at Taco Tuesday tomorrow, and I think that'll be it for booze until, say, my birthday in April. Gotta tighten up my diet too and get more active!

Houk the Namebringer on
    edited February 2011

I have regrown mine like 18 times but I keep beating it off.

Tonkka on
  • redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

what

redfenix on
    edited February 2011

well then I guess i'm behind

GeoMitch on
  • FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sometimes I give up judging all the Catholics who drink (on St. Patrick's Day) or gamble (on march madness) during lent.

If you are stopping your drinking you should have a good habit ready to replace the bad one. A stack of books or work out routine has a better chance of getting read/done when you have extra energy and time.

Foolproof on
    edited February 2011
    NSFW

Seriously there's a dick right there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreskin_restoration

Burning Organ on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    BO, I dont know the poliete way to say this but...are you a lizard?

Bedlam on
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think I should give up sweets and junk food.
    I haven't been consuming a healthy or maintainable diet recently.
    I'm on the road of winding up fat- which isn't a terrible thing
    but I know it isn't what I am comfortable with having my body become.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Staleghoti wrote: »

Next year I gave up weed

After that I decided giving things up was not for me, also Catholicism was a piece of shit

This is basically the first thing I've heard of anyone giving up for lent that I actually respect. Usually it's something you nominally should give up anyway, like chocolate or soda or cursing. Fuck that, that's not a sacrifice. Give up something you shouldn't give up. Give up shoes or using your right hand, or not smoking.

Anyway, I've been working out more since Jordyn's football practice started back up. I felt dumb sitting around while she was working her ass off, so now I'm doing some arm and shoulder shit, and actually developing some muscle mass for the first time in my life.

I've also started a new diet I invented, it's called "the just don't eat so much" diet. I just don't eat so much; it's working pretty well.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
    edited February 2011
    Bedlam wrote: »
    BO, I dont know the poliete way to say this but...are you a lizard?

Fuck...

I mean no, no I'm not a lizard, definitely not a lizard of ANY kind AT ALL.

Burning Organ on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think I will go without sex this year

just like the last one

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited February 2011
    i wonder if there is a person who has their foreskin in a jar somewhere

GeoMitch on
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This lent I am giving up lent.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
    edited February 2011
    Fram you are already so thin what the fuck.

Tonkka on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Framling wrote: »
    Staleghoti wrote: »

Next year I gave up weed

This is basically the first thing I've heard of anyone giving up for lent that I actually respect. Usually it's something you nominally should give up anyway, like chocolate or soda or cursing. Fuck that, that's not a sacrifice. Give up something you shouldn't give up. Give up shoes or using your right hand, or not smoking.

Anyway, I've been working out more since Jordyn's football practice started back up. I felt dumb sitting around while she was working her ass off, so now I'm doing some arm and shoulder shit, and actually developing some muscle mass for the first time in my life.

I've also started a new diet I invented, it's called "the just don't eat so much" diet. I just don't eat so much; it's working pretty well.

I wanted to try giving up speaking, but then I decided that the whole lent thing was kinda bullshit

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    edited February 2011
    i'm so glad my catholic dad was too lazy to actually give me a religious lifestyle

lent sounds kinda shitty

GeoMitch on
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I've got a pretty substantial pouch going on, which has not been helped by Jordyn and I taking up drinking. I've actually lost a fair amount of it already, though, and actually can go to the second notch on my belt, which I'm excited about.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    GeoMitch wrote: »
    i wonder if there is a person who has their foreskin in a jar somewhere

I have a friend who's parents have his foreskin in a jar. He grew up in a weird household though.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    giving up lentils

Al_wat on
    edited February 2011
    Framling wrote: »

I've got a pretty substantial pouch going on, which has not been helped by Jordyn and I taking up drinking. I've actually lost a fair amount of it already, though, and actually can go to the second notch on my belt, which I'm excited about.

oh fram are you one of those people who only get fat in the belly

I'm

I'm so sorry

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited February 2011
    CRUNCHES FRAM CRUNCHES GO GO GO GOGO!

Tonkka on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited February 2011
    On the other side of the spectrum, about eight or ten months ago, I was addicted to and abusing xanax, so after a lot of doctor talking and soul-searching I straight up quit it

I still wish I had some. I would take it every day. If it wasn't a controlled substance, i'd definitely've picked it up again in one of my many weaker moments

Whippy on
    edited February 2011
    I'm addicted to diet pepsi

I drink 3 liters every day

that's about 0.80 of a gallon

every day

gonna die young

young and full of coke

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited February 2011
    Hey Whippy.

Hey.

<3

Tonkka on
    edited February 2011
    I'm addicted to diet pepsi

I drink 3 liters every day

that's about 0.80 of a gallon

every day

gonna die young

young and full of coke

You are confusing brands there.

Tonkka on