As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gran Turismo 5 - Out Now - Race 5 Details OP & PG 77

1565758596062»

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So question on the B-Spec Formula GT at Indy...

Have any of you ever been in 1st place and had a relatively quiet drive barely getting pushed by the AI only to have YOUR car be the ONLY ONE IN THE WHOLE FUCKING RACE to RUN OUT OF FUEL halfway through the last lap while leading????

How is it that everybody has the same fucking cars, they're pushing harder than I am because they're trying to catch me, and yet I RUN OUT OF FUEL????

HOW IS THIS FUCKING POSSIBLE?????

HooverFan on
    BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    HooverFan wrote: »

Have any of you ever been in 1st place and had a relatively quiet drive barely getting pushed by the AI only to have YOUR car be the ONLY ONE IN THE WHOLE FUCKING RACE to RUN OUT OF FUEL halfway through the last lap while leading????

How is it that everybody has the same fucking cars, they're pushing harder than I am because they're trying to catch me, and yet I RUN OUT OF FUEL????

set your pits to 20% of driver strength. and use at least 3 drivers

deveric on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    deveric wrote: »

set your pits to 20% of driver strength. and use at least 3 drivers

it's one driver only, it's the Formula GT championship at Indy road course... not the endurance 500

HooverFan on
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

This is why I always add about 5 litres on the last pit stop; you can never be sure that your driver isn't going to push the revs a tiny bit higher than anticipated, meaning that the car drinks that extra bit of fuel needed to run out early.

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    edited February 2011

This is why I always add about 5 litres on the last pit stop; you can never be sure that your driver isn't going to push the revs a tiny bit higher than anticipated, meaning that the car drinks that extra bit of fuel needed to run out early.

BUT NOBODY EVER FUCKING PITTED... NOBODY!!!!!

It's BULLSHIT

HooverFan on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    How many laps is that one?

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    37 for b-spec... had to pit for fuji, figured here as well, forced pit with one lap left, canceled it and then ran out halfway while everybody else made it

HooverFan on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hrmm... That is a lot of laps... maybe you had a lot of downforce on your car? Did you check the other drivers to see how much fuel they had left?

I haven't personally tried this race B-Spec-style yet, so I can't really help much...

Icemopper on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Love the pics. Congrats on getting your X2010! The last pic should be titled, "Meeting of the minds."

I finally trudged through and got my S license yesterday. Never did get past the international level in any previous GT in my life. Feels weird having it now... but refuse to go and try and gold trophy all of them though.

Next stop. Top Gear...

Also got ticked that I had my B-Spec driver do the Lamborghini challenge race and the winning car was a 25th Anniversary Countach. Bastards... After I saved up and bought the one that was in the Online Store this past week. Fully modified it too. Oh well, not complaining too much since I can't have too many Lamborghinis in my collection.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    As we are drawing perilously close to 100 pages, here's the new thread, with a new OP.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So this is pretty much the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced in games.

I kept telling myself, things will get better, just grind to the highest level and I'll be immersed in some sort of gaming perfection that would justify the 6 year wait.

I sat through not having any cars with cockpit view

I sat through graphics that look like they belong on a PS2.5

I got excited when they brought back PP! I went into Online, clicked RECOMMEND. Thinking it would put me in a room against people comparable to my level, with cars of similar performance. Featuring a car I didn't have in my garage

It put me in a race where people were exploiting a bug to max out their money.

And now I'm mopping the Japanese Super GT Floor with an out-of-the-box (That means zero tuning or purchase of parts) Mine's Skyline. Super GT cars are supposed to be among the most advanced things without open-wheels, and they are like ants under my bulky R-34 boot.

The Special Events kept me going for a while, but they cannot justify this sort of pricetag.

Realistic damage, don't make me laugh.

I remember seeing a preview for this when PS3 was launched, it showed a Full Grid (some 30 cars) in a Super GT style race. I nearly shit myself. Every Super GT event has a 12 car grid and there isn't even a tournament to spice things up.

The way things are looking I could see this game being blown out of the water by Shift 2. And Shift 1 was like vomit in DVD form.

/rant

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    We have a new thread where we'd be glad to continue this enlightening discussion. It is linked in the post right above yours.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    And with that, somebody close this thread since Mr. Rantypants obviously can't see a new thread much less the post JUST BEFORE HIS WITH A LINK TO IT...

HooverFan on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oh sorry, I come from an area of the forum where dead threads get locked.

WHAT WAS I THINKING

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.