As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

House of Flying DOODLES (Occasionally NSFW)

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I think the last few doodle threads have been tagged as NSFW in the title of the thread. So maybe that's why no one's doing it now.

Prospicience on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    rough before I color
    firega.jpg

Iruka on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Iruka wrote: »
    rough before I color
    firega

Iruka....

That is so bad ass

<3

lyrium on
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yes it is. And you should see what Fug drew as well. His scanner's fixed so he better crosspost in here too.

TheBog on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    TOTTIP.
    Iruka wrote: »
    rough before I color
    firega.jpg

Bog, Iruka has brought the sexy back all by herself.

But I will post Bog fanart because you're rad.
    Nikita.png

Fugitive on
  • tmccooltmccool Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    i dunno, what do you guys think? first day of practicing the figure... spent like 5-15 minutes on these individually.

IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0662.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg

tmccool on
  • KronKron Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    [delurk]
    IMG_0249_adj.JPG
    microns be kickin' my ass

btw, this guy is only half a pencil tall, hence the grainyness
    [undelurk]

Kron on
  • XALXAL Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Shiboe wrote: »
    Ehma, that's full of swankness.

WIP
    moodh8.jpg

Anything glaring before I give her clothes and ink? I think the palms came out a tad long, but I'm inclined to just leave em that way. And once again I'm working way too small (this is to scale...) but something better than nothing, and I needs to start drawing.

Damn.
    That looks pretty close to perfect - maybe alter the right arm a little bit.
    The curve going from the bicep to the forearm is a little weird.

XAL on
  • ShiboeShiboe Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well thanks for the response. =D
    I'll prolly post another update tonight when I finish a bit more of the pencils. That was really rough though before. Just trying to get something dynamic so I learn somethin'. The only bad thing about drawing a body then applying cloth is, I kinda just wanna leave her nude...

Anyways, will get significantly more nerdy as I convert it into a WoW mage. Supposed to be just after a blink, and just before someone get's lit aflame.

@Iruka: Kinda creepy that you're doing a mage at the same time I am... I have a feeling your colors will put mine to shame. =D Eager to see.

@Tmccool: Bewbs. I think broader smooth strokes would help, especially with time constraints. 3rd one is win for being clean.

Shiboe on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well, I thought I'd try some more complex poses tonight (completely from imagination). Here are the results.

figure21we6.jpg

Flay on
  • ENERjAKzeroENERjAKzero Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Kron wrote: »
    [delurk]
    IMG_0249_adj.JPG
    microns be kickin' my ass

btw, this guy is only half a pencil tall, hence the grainyness
    [undelurk]

Fuzzy Dice Balls... nice touch :^:

Oh and shiboe, the shoulder to the left (my left, not hers) looks a tad weird to me

ENERjAKzero on
    eZEROBanner.gif

Petey+Blanco.gif
  • the_red_pandathe_red_panda Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    tommyandloathinginlasvegas.jpg
    self portrait as Hunter S Thompson

vashVSgoku.jpg
    uuuuuuhhh...... nothing >_>

handOFglory.jpg
    pew pew pew

the_red_panda on
    im dumb as hell >_>
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    RubberAC wrote: »
    i dont see how this doesnt make sense
    the image loads
    so your boss/whoever can still see that you were looking at naked drawings
    most nsfw stuff should be linked to

Yes, that makes sense. The thing is no one is looking at my browser history or anything like that. I just have people walking past my computer all the time. That's all I meant.

NibCrom on
    edited June 2007
    tmccool on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Iruka's witch is awesome.

grenhound.jpg

Tam on
    edited June 2007
    Thanks guys. And now something totally unrelated:
    flowerdress.jpg

Iruka on
    edited June 2007
    does her one leg look broken? i had trouble with it.

IMG_0667.jpg

im going to have no time for this when i start working :(

tmccool on
    edited June 2007
    Progress:
    moo2tv1.png

Turns out I didn't give her much in the way of clothes... Still trying to think of a way to get it across that she just blinked foward, and not lovin' the flames yet, will see after inking some.

@Tmc: Ya.. Everything below the waist looks rushed/off, like you did the top half with reference and the bottom without. Also, I believe her hoots are lopsided, but that could be natural. =D

@Iruka: I think that get's too busy and convoluted down below. At the very least lacking a definate flow. The figure herself is lovely, though the hands look a bit off.

edit: Looking at it real quick, I'll probably soften up the lead hand. Right now it's demanding attention when really I just wanted it to be relaxed and doing "whatever."

Shiboe on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    pew pew pew

Hey your style is pretty cool.

Fugitive on
  • NatriNatri Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    marker2.jpg

Natri on
    www.instagram.com/ceneven
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You make me feel so alone :(
    everythingispossible.jpg

wakkawa on
  • GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Shiboe- the extended leg feels short to me.

Wak- It's that obligatory time of the year again when people suggest you branch out from females, im loving it, and I know you can do other stuff.

Greatnation on
  • Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Wak- It's that obligatory time of the year again when people suggest you branch out from females, im loving it, and I know you can do other stuff.

I agree. All your stuff is great, but it's starting to become the same and boring

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Guys are boring. I don't like drawing them
    backatyou.jpg
    whoiam.jpg
    and an unfinished birthday card
    birthdayhappy.jpg
    man, whatever

wakkawa on
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You guys really think so? I wouldn't mind seeing him branch out, but there's enough going on between pictures that isn't about the figure that's interesting to carry the same subject. They're all as much about color, value and composition as they are naked women, so I don't think it really matters what the gender of the figure is.

---
    And since everyone else is posting their lifedrawings, here are some of mine from this quarter. Super large format + photography = skewed edges.

figuredraw2.jpg
    Second week. I had no idea how to use charcoal, so I just messed with it.

figuredraw3.jpg
    Uh, I think this was the third week.

figuredraw4.jpg
    Another week. I really should've written dates down.

figuredraw1.jpg
    Today. I should've worked a little faster. Massive hand courtesy of looking at way too much J.C. Leyendecker art lately.

Next week is the final, and we're doing a single 4 hour pose. Maybe I'll actually finish for once.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • RavenshadowRavenshadow Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I ain't bored yet.

His other stuff is just as cool too though. (Loves the dragons and monsters)

EDIT: The dress on the second one turned out really cool.

Ravenshadow on
    edited June 2007
    Toji: the thick black outline around the sitting figure makes it look more cartoonish and less realistic; i mean, good job on it, its well drawn... i'm especially drawn to the foot of her for some reason, maybe because its shaded and has some contrast. i like the body of the last standing figure the best, because it seems real and the least "stylized" with thick black lines.

wakka: I've hung around these boards for a while, so I've seen loads of your pictures. It's impressive what you can do on the computer, I mean I have to give you props for your brush control and your coloring, it's quite obvious you've got a ton of skill.

Now that that's said, and don't take this as a diss, but how many times are you going to draw the same girl? You've clearly mastered her, you can draw her in any pose, any clothing... but how many times can you draw her over and over again? I doubt you draw to impress other people, and I'm assuming that you just draw for the love of drawing. And if you love drawing that girl, then who am I to tell you to move on? Surely, artists during all periods in time have found muses, worked on specific themes, and have produced piece after piece on the basis of one subject, but never to my knowledge has an artist focused exclusively on one subject to the extent that it appears you have and continue to do. But if you have any aspiration or ambition to be a great artist, ask yourself this... why don't you go out and put the same amount of devotion into other subjects?

tmccool on
  • the_red_pandathe_red_panda Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Fugitive: thanks man, appreciate it

the_red_panda on
    im dumb as hell >_>
  • MufasaJoeMufasaJoe Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    tmccool: Sometimes, when you are a man. You draw naked ladies on your computer. Is for fun.

What Wakka does he does purely for your benefit. Yours, like mine, is clearly a life that is in need of the enrichment sublimely rendered boobs can provide. What the wakka giveth, the wakka can taketh away. Mayhaps we should be grateful these forums are not flooded with wakkas drawings of doods. Fuckin' sausage fest that would be.

MufasaJoe on
  • GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Im not going to try and tell Wak to stop drawing naked women. And im not going to argue with Toji about the upper levels of discussion going on in Wak's stuff, because he is right. All I'm saying is that I think Wak is an amazing artist.

I know he does alot of other stuff (like dragons and lovers n' shit), he may even dore more different stuff than he shows here. But there is so much more that he could do than a single figure with impactful colors and delibrate compisition. Take a look at artists like Joao Ruas, James Jean, or Frank Stockton. They have the same skill sets: knowledge of anatomy, compisition, color, rendering, graphic ideas- its all there. It just seems there is something more going on that Wak is totally capable of, but doesnt for whatever reasons.

/bumping

You guys really think so? I wouldn't mind seeing him branch out, but there's enough going on between pictures that isn't about the figure that's interesting to carry the same subject. They're all as much about color, value and composition as they are naked women, so I don't think it really matters what the gender of the figure is.

---
    And since everyone else is posting their lifedrawings, here are some of mine from this quarter. Super large format + photography = skewed edges.

figuredraw2.jpg
    Second week. I had no idea how to use charcoal, so I just messed with it.

figuredraw3.jpg
    Uh, I think this was the third week.

figuredraw4.jpg
    Another week. I really should've written dates down.

figuredraw1.jpg
    Today. I should've worked a little faster. Massive hand courtesy of looking at way too much J.C. Leyendecker art lately.

Next week is the final, and we're doing a single 4 hour pose. Maybe I'll actually finish for once.
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Guys are boring. I don't like drawing them
    backatyou.jpg
    whoiam.jpg
    and an unfinished birthday card
    birthdayhappy.jpg
    man, whatever

Greatnation on
    edited June 2007
    MufasaJoe wrote: »
    tmccool: Sometimes, when you are a man. You draw naked ladies on your computer. Is for fun.

What Wakka does he does purely for your benefit. Yours, like mine, is clearly a life that is in need of the enrichment sublimely rendered boobs can provide. What the wakka giveth, the wakka can taketh away. Mayhaps we should be grateful these forums are not flooded with wakkas drawings of doods. Fuckin' sausage fest that would be.

Mufasa: mebbe later we could have sexy time explosion? is nice?

tmccool on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    Say what you will, the moment Hollywood or the game industry decides to drop a couple mil on a 'Dragons and Topless Girls" project, Wakka will be laughing all the way to the bank. And the rest of us are just going to be like, "damn, why couldn't I get in on that", but, well. There's just no point in trying to compete there.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • CrackerpieCrackerpie Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I did this a while back out of boredom.

0000bs9y

Crackerpie on
    OMG I saw the greatest sig today! IT WAS TOTALLY SELF-REFERENTIAL.
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    A "Dragons and Topless Girls" project.

Well, I guess this thing isn't going to write itself, after all.

topless.jpg

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited June 2007
    I hope you're happy Mr. Bacon. My pants just exploded.

Shiboe on
    edited June 2007
    It is someones purpose in life to make that game a reality.

firega2.jpg

Iruka on
  • NatriNatri Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I like this sketch.

schetsboek7.jpg

From now on I officially hate recycled paper though.

Natri on
    www.instagram.com/ceneven
  • The One 52The One 52 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The first think I thought when seeing that doodle is: "Look out, her ass is about to explode!"

The One 52 on
    bigbosssig.gif
    The internet does not qualify as grounds where you can act like a bouquet of dick.
    edited June 2007
    day 2 of figure practices:

IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg

tmccool on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Toji: your line work is truly inspiring as usual man :^:

Iruka: I absolutely love the fairy girl type painting on the last page, seems like there's a ton of energy in it with the way things flow.

Prospicience on
This discussion has been closed.