As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] UI thread with totally outdated OP

• DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Here is what I use:

wowscrnshot012511201831.jpg

I like it.

Which unitframe addon is that?

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    L|ama wrote: »
    hey I had some addon for picking quest rewards and such last time I played that just gave a rough item score based on weighting stats and can't find anything simple like that on curse now or remember what it was called. Anyone got any ideas?

Rating Buster?

GearScore is also supposed to take your class and spec into account when assigning effective scores for an item (but it doesn't take your off-spec into account, so that's annoying).

Elvenshae on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    DVG wrote: »
    Which unitframe addon is that?

pitbull

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • MalyonsusMalyonsus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    hey I had some addon for picking quest rewards and such last time I played that just gave a rough item score based on weighting stats and can't find anything simple like that on curse now or remember what it was called. Anyone got any ideas?

Rating Buster?

GearScore is also supposed to take your class and spec into account when assigning effective scores for an item (but it doesn't take your off-spec into account, so that's annoying).

I had an addon called Pawn where you'd assign stat weights and it would give you an aggregate score for a piece of gear. You could set up a number of weight sets and it would display each of them on the tooltip.

Malyonsus on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    greedyquester picks the highest value quest reward automatically

not really helpful for early re-gearing but I like to have it

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Malyonsus wrote: »
    I had an addon called Pawn where you'd assign stat weights and it would give you an aggregate score for a piece of gear. You could set up a number of weight sets and it would display each of them on the tooltip.

Yeah, this. I grabbed the scores from EJ and plugged that in.

Echo on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Echo wrote: »

That's what I do too. Pawn annoys me sometimes though because it loves to pick stupid items as "upgrades" (like cloth for my Druid). It also seems to have particular problems with weapons (it kind of likes to recommend everything sometimes), and loves to recommend all offhands as upgrades when I'm using a 2Her (seriously, just because that slot is empty doesn't make it an upgrade!). I had to work some mojo to basically turn off some of these slots, which works, but really the addon should be smart enough to at least recognize that a non-cloth class doesn't want cloth without disabling my option to see if cloaks are upgrades.

Also, Pawn will put a little gold icon next to the highest sell quest reward if none of them are upgrades. Although I don't particularly like though that the author randomly decided to not do this if one of the items is a trinket (without giving any option to do it anyways regardless)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited January 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »

That's what I do too. Pawn annoys me sometimes though because it loves to pick stupid items as "upgrades" (like cloth for my Druid). It also seems to have particular problems with weapons (it kind of likes to recommend everything sometimes), and loves to recommend all offhands as upgrades when I'm using a 2Her (seriously, just because that slot is empty doesn't make it an upgrade!)

Also, Pawn will put a little gold icon next to the highest sell quest reward if none of them are upgrades. Although I don't particularly like though that the author randomly decided to not do this if one of the items is a trinket (without giving any option to do it anyways regardless)

Probably because it's too hard to price trinkets, what with on-proc and on-use and .. :D

Elvenshae on
    edited January 2011

That's what I do too. Pawn annoys me sometimes though because it loves to pick stupid items as "upgrades" (like cloth for my Druid). It also seems to have particular problems with weapons (it kind of likes to recommend everything sometimes), and loves to recommend all offhands as upgrades when I'm using a 2Her (seriously, just because that slot is empty doesn't make it an upgrade!)

Probably because it's too hard to price trinkets, what with on-proc and on-use and .. :D

Right, but if I'm level 85 and doing low-level quests for the achievements, I don't give a shit about how good the trinkets are. I should be able to check a box and have it just tell me what quest reward sells the best. Or, in the case of my Druid, I'm using two heirloom trinkets and don't really want to replace them :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    that information is already available in the tooltips, I don't understand the need for such an add-on when quests rarely have so many quest rewards that checking each tooltip is the worth the memory usage and/or time consumed in using an addon

Nerdgasmic on
    edited January 2011

Right, but if I'm level 85 and doing low-level quests for the achievements, I don't give a shit about how good the trinkets are. I should be able to check a box and have it just tell me what quest reward sells the best. Or, in the case of my Druid, I'm using two heirloom trinkets and don't really want to replace them :P

Oh, I understand your point, and think adding in an option would be the better way forward. I was just musing about his reasons.

Elvenshae on
    edited January 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    that information is already available in the tooltips, I don't understand the need for such an add-on when quests rarely have so many quest rewards that checking each tooltip is the worth the memory usage and/or time consumed in using an addon

It's just a time saver. I didn't get the addon specifically for that though.

Warlock82 on
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think the nameplates he's using is Threatplates. But honestly, it's hard to make anything out in that video.

Blurbl on
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I can see Threatplates and Fortexorcist. Not sure about the cast bar.. could be Quartz? Can't tell what the unit frames are.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    His bags are bagnon and the castbar looks like quartz. Actionbars could be lots of things, probably either dominos or bartender.

---

I saw some people mentioned sexymap when I asked about minimap addons a while ago, and I'm wonder if there's any way to disable/move the bosshealth thingie it puts up? It's splashing it up in the middle of the screen, and there doesn't seem to be a 'mover' anchor for it.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    His bags are bagnon and the castbar looks like quartz. Actionbars could be lots of things, probably either dominos or bartender.

---

I saw some people mentioned sexymap when I asked about minimap addons a while ago, and I'm wonder if there's any way to disable/move the bosshealth thingie it puts up? It's splashing it up in the middle of the screen, and there doesn't seem to be a 'mover' anchor for it.

There's a mover for boss frames, just turn on movers and it should be there. The boss frame itself is a default UI thing and I think there's something in the interface to turn it off completely but I'm not 100% sure.

Opty on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I got Orecrusher after it was suggested on MMO-Champ and it seems to just not fucking work

I'm using the latest stable built of Auctioneer, and OreCrusher isn't pulling any data

Do I need to use the full Auctioneer suite, or something? That's, you know, not mentioned in OreCrusher's non-existent documentation

Salvation122 on
  • ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, I came in here complaining about part of Shadowed Unit Frames a while ago. Yesterday, after fucking up quartz, I found a way to fix my issue (castbar size). So, I am pleased again. :D

Toothy on
  • OscrethOscreth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Not wanting to trouble myself with a ton of UI upgrades, I just decided to leave my unit-frames and whatnot standard. Apparently the standard blizzard group unit-frames does not work with mouse-over macros. My macro behaves if I mouse-over the target, the focus frame, or my own char frame but none of the other five unit frames. And I tested this in raid as well. It works perfectly in raid frames.
    Do the standard unit-frames for group normally not allow mouse-over targeting?

Oscreth on
    Old man, family, works too hard, locked into a routine, but still plays with army men and video games.

If you want to play League of Legends, here is my refer a friend: So I get points
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Anyone versed with Tukui, namely unit frames, that could educate me on how to increase the font size of the UF? I managed to figure out how to change the font itself using the media.lua, but I'm not seeing anything to change the size.

Javen on
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Javen wrote: »
    Anyone versed with Tukui, namely unit frames, that could educate me on how to increase the font size of the UF? I managed to figure out how to change the font itself using the media.lua, but I'm not seeing anything to change the size.
    Looking at the old version I have stashed away on my hard drive, I think it's in config/config.lua under the "unitframes" section as "fontsize".

Monsty on
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    New patch fucked up my "bagnon" addon. (used as a "one inventory" thing).

Anyone know a good addon that does this and isn't fucked right now?

Al_wat on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    To anyone who uses Quartz: the patch removed Drain Mana and some outdated code in Quartz is choking on that fact and failing to load saved profiles.

To fix it: Open the Quartz addon folder, go to modules/Player.lua, go to line 190 (or just ctrl+F for Drain Mana) and comment out the line (add -- to the front) or just outright remove it. Reload UI and Quartz will work fine.

Opty on
    edited February 2011
    man, bagnon broke? urgh

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited February 2011
    So, Questhelper.

I use it, usually, when I need to do one of those "Go all over the place" achievements (like To All the Squirrels, etc.).

I'm trying to let it route me around the Elders of the Dungeons achievement (since I've already got all the others). Unfortunately, I can't get this to work - "/qh find elders dungeons" doesn't work, and neither does "/qh find elders of the dungeons".

It found the Northrend, Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Horde, and Alliance elders just fine, though.

Anyone have any luck getting this to work?

Elvenshae on
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Does anyone know of a way to display a specific set of debuffs on a target? E.g. I can put blood plague and frost fever on a boss, but I don't need to if the warrior tank or feral druid applied the attack speed and melee damage debuffs. Is there a way to display just a Yes/No, this debuff is there? I currently use class-timers to see my own debuffs, but don't know how to integrate it with other's applications, etc.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
    edited February 2011
    Bag add-ons.

I just installed Bagnon, and while the all-in-one approach is nice, I really installed it for the search and across-character inventories.

Someone posted a bag UI that let you manually adjust different regions (e.g., here's my off-spec set stuff, here's my food, etc.). Does that also do the search and multi-character thing? If so, what's the name of that add-on?

Elvenshae on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yes, it does the search and cross-character. It's ArkInventory, I believe.

Salvation122 on
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    TBag also does these things, though it can be a little bit of a pain to configure.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
    edited March 2011
    Yes, it does the search and cross-character. It's ArkInventory, I believe.

Rock on - that was exactly what I was looking for.

Elvenshae on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, here's what I'm using at the moment.
    WoWScrnShot_040911_041434.jpg
    Looking for something to make my chat log not so boring, and to change the font. And a decent combat log.

Rizzi on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Is there a way to adjust the "Blizzard boss mechanic" frame?

Corrupted Blood and Atramedes' sound thing are smack dab in the center of my important shit.
    WoWScrnShot_122909_105007.jpg

Old pic is old, some stuff (like debuff timers or whatever the hell that is in the lower right) isn't there anymore, but the central UI is largely the same. I guess I must have the same aesthetic eye as Blizzard, because all those new boss mechanic indicators get dropped right fucking there.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    edited April 2011
    You can apparently use MoveEverything to move those meters around, but I haven't actually tried it yet.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Is there a good faceplate mod that I can run just for that? I use IceHUD for hp, energy/mana/rage/etc, and timers, but that doesn't show faceplates. I'd like to see what I'm targeting, and some indicator that it's elite or rare.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Right now I'm using Domino's for my action bars, but I would like to be able to fade them in and out based on combat status instead of mouseover, which is the only way that Domino's does fading. Does anyone know of an action bar mod that has the option to set the fade level when in combat or out of combat?

Thanks!

My current UI. Adjusted the opacity of the target health bar to show the elite icon for Smrtnik. Everything in the center goes away when not targeting something and I'm out of combat.ui-ex
    ui-example.png

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
    edited April 2011
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Is there a good faceplate mod that I can run just for that? I use IceHUD for hp, energy/mana/rage/etc, and timers, but that doesn't show faceplates. I'd like to see what I'm targeting, and some indicator that it's elite or rare.

There is an option to show elites using IceHUD. It has to do with little icons that float next to the bars.

Go to IceHUD settings, select TargetHealth and then open the Icon Settings. Scroll down some and you should see Classification icon. There's Show Elite Icon. Check that and then start to finagle it around to match your settings. In mine, I use the Clean Curves and use the DHUD icon set. The DHUD elite icon can be wrapped around the top of the health bar to show it's an elite. I believe it should turn siver for a rare.

The icon settings also let you move around the in-combat, pvp mode, and raid icons as well. You can see an example of the DHUD elite icon in the post above.

SkyCaptain on
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thanks!

Anything to show the face of the mob/player/npc? Can be a different mod, as long as I can drag the face wherever i want, and I don't have to run anything else from it.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2011
    That I don't know...

SkyCaptain on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    WoWScrnShot_042111_230331.jpeg

That bar in the middle is on auto-hide, along with three Bartender bars below it.

I'm not sure how much I like the font, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with this.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg