As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Party Murder Mystery (CANCELED)

SoCo_and_LimeSoCo_and_Lime Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
I was thinking of running one of those dinner party/theme party murder mysteries. Would there be any interest in one?

I'll probably want to run it after PAX hours in a hotel lobby or some other meeting place. It may not be able to be completed in one sitting but we've got a few days.

I'm going to buy one of the nice ones that sends you everything you need. They're around $30 which I don't mind fronting if there is serious interest.

If anyone is seriously interested let me know so I can figure out which one I should buy. Again, I need serious commitments.

I'll be editing the OP as things get along so keep checking.

Alright, now that the official schedule is out, time for a final tally.

If there are enough people can dedicate themselves, I could run it -only- friday night in a freeplay room or hotel lobby.

I'm looking for all definite yeses before I put out the money for it. I would love to do it, but I really can't afford to buy it and have not enough people show :(

So, how many for Friday night? (The more the merrier)

Canceled due to lack of interest.

[x] Bolt Bus
[x] Radisson Hotel Boston
[x] Pre-Pax Dinner
[x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass

SoCo_and_Lime on

• cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think this sounds like a great idea. I'd certainly be interested. I've hosted several in the past and am currently helping to plan/run a university event Murder Mystery at my school, so if you need any help/suggestions/anything, PM me and I'd be more than happy to assist.

Edit: Also, it might be best to limit it to one night. There's so much else going on that people will probably want to experience as many different things as possible (at least that's true for myself). Committing more than one of the only 2 nights (Friday + Saturday... people obviously stay Thursday and Sunday too, but I've noticed many events already claim Thursday, plus then you're limiting it to only people who will be in Boston on those nights --which, of course, is fine if that's what you want to do.)

I do have to say though, my commitment to this event is completely dependent on which night it is on. What I really mean is, I can't do Thursday because of the Pre-pax dinner and Pokécrawl. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are all free (as far as I am aware). In fact, Sunday would be great since I don't have a hotel room and was planning on just chilling out at the airport until my flight at 6am Monday morning. :D

cynthetic on
  • SoCo_and_LimeSoCo_and_Lime Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah the one night thing is probably best.

I'm also doing the pokecrawl, and I'm catching my ride home on sunday night so I would have to run the game either friday or saturday night.

SoCo_and_Lime on
    [x] Bolt Bus
    [x] Pre-Pax Dinner
    [x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass

• LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If you don't mind running after the concerts end on Friday or Saturday, then those days are your best bet. Depending on how tired the rest of my group is (sleep no longer applies to me, haha), we may be able to make it! I'll ask the other 5 people I'm going with--we're definitely a maybe right now, though!

Loweryi on
    edited February 2011
    Loweryi wrote: »
    If you don't mind running after the concerts end on Friday or Saturday, then those days are your best bet. Depending on how tired the rest of my group is (sleep no longer applies to me, haha), we may be able to make it! I'll ask the other 5 people I'm going with--we're definitely a maybe right now, though!

I wouldn't mind at all. I barely sleep at PAX so I'll run it whenever everyone agrees on

SoCo_and_Lime on
    [x] Bolt Bus
    [x] Pre-Pax Dinner
    [x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass

• RudabagaRudabaga Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am very interested, but I have never been to one of these before:/

Rudabaga on
  • stellabambinostellabambino Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'd be happy to help out, I've years of improv and acting experience!

stellabambino on
  • SnaptySnapty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would be interested! It depends on the date/time.

<3
    Snappy

Snapty on
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Super sorry, but I'm actually going to be a no, due to another event I really want to attend that night. Hope all goes well though! :)

cynthetic on
  • SnaptySnapty Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm also sorry, but it's too hard for me to commit to something at this point, and I'm not sure how late the PA TF2er dinner is going.

Snapty on
    edited March 2011
    Snapty wrote: »
    I'm also sorry, but it's too hard for me to commit to something at this point, and I'm not sure how late the PA TF2er dinner is going.

No problem. I'm just going to cancel it because of the TF2 dinner and lack of interest

SoCo_and_Lime on
    [x] Bolt Bus
    [x] Pre-Pax Dinner
    [x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass