As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Pokemon League: East [Now Over :(]

• Fetch26291Fetch26291 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Gumbyx84 wrote: »
    Update: The HALOZ.com Mudkip has maxed out IVs (31 in all stats). For the sake of fair competition, I ask that you do not use it for PPL. If you battle me with one, I will withhold your badge.

NOTE: This is a request from me, not the PPL.

Understood. Not a problem. We were just curious.

(We might wear Rocket outfits, but we battle fair.)

Fetch26291 on
  • XerlithXerlith Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fetch26291 wrote: »
    Update: The HALOZ.com Mudkip has maxed out IVs (31 in all stats). For the sake of fair competition, I ask that you do not use it for PPL. If you battle me with one, I will withhold your badge.

That means you'll only be using Raticate, Weezing, Muk, and Arbok, right?

Xerlith on
    You vant to cross, maybe?
    SoulSilver: 5200 4466 6956
    Black: 1721 2788 2039
    PAX East 2014 Checklist: Passes Purchased [X] Passes Received [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel Reservation [X]
  • Gumbyx84Gumbyx84 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rdr wrote: »
    Where do folks get such wonderful hats? I would kill to embarrass my wife wearing one out in public.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AthenasWink

And here is the message she left on the pubcrawl thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=18477486#post18477486

You can pick them up at PAX.

Those look nice. I wonder if she can make a hat of one of my fav pokemon: Cyndaquil. Sadly I doubt she could make a custom hat before PAX. Maybe I'll talk with her at the pubcrawl and see how much it would cost me. Could always have it for Anime Boston.

I thank you for that. Don't think I'll go easy on you though. ;)

Gumbyx84 on
    edited February 2011
    Xerlith wrote: »

That means you'll only be using Raticate, Weezing, Muk, and Arbok, right?

You forgot Meowth and Zubat. ^_^

Well, I might have one of those (or evolved form thereof) on my team.
    But, fyi: my fave pokémon are dog types. (Yes, I'm going to try and get an Eon badge.)

Fetch26291 on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Or Nidoking/Queen, Rhydon, or Mewtwo.

(The last is banned. :P)

Heleor on
    edited February 2011
    Where do folks get such wonderful hats? I would kill to embarrass my wife wearing one out in public.

And here is the message she left on the pubcrawl thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=18477486#post18477486

Those look nice. I wonder if she can make a hat of one of my fav pokemon: Cyndaquil. Sadly I doubt she could make a custom hat before PAX. Maybe I'll talk with her at the pubcrawl and see how much it would cost me. Could always have it for Anime Boston.

Nor would we want you to. Oh, and by the way Hamato: the top 2 of my team should be able to take your team. Unless you found something extra special in the Safari Zone. ^_^

Fetch26291 on
    edited February 2011

Nor would we want you to. Oh, and by the way Hamato: the top 2 of my team should be able to take your team. Unless you found something extra special in the Safari Zone. ^_^
    Does it now? And how can you so sure what I have on my team? The Safari Zone is a big place, and there are so many of them.........

Gumbyx84 on
  • DanUNGDanUNG Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just to let you know, if I do not walk away with a badge, my entire team will die.

DanUNG on
  • FoggyKnightFoggyKnight Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ;_; No! save the pokemon!

FoggyKnight on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    DanUNG wrote: »
    Just to let you know, if I do not walk away with a badge, my entire team will die.

I will donate mine to Team Rocket.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • JTailsJTails OHIORegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Riokenn wrote: »
    The way we trainers should stick out is actually dressing up as trainers, like how I am planning to do. (Nothing too intense, a beanie with the pokemon symbol from HGSS and a lil X* plushie on my shoulder)

Also my suggestion for the Spin Trade during the pokeman meet up at 4 is still up.

All of us. Together.

Making Eggs.~

[*Not giving away what pokemon it is for it will also be on my team. :wink: )

I plan to dress up as well, haven't decided on what trainer to do yet; ah decisions.

JTails on
  • MoccawaiiMoccawaii Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    JTails wrote: »
    The way we trainers should stick out is actually dressing up as trainers, like how I am planning to do. (Nothing too intense, a beanie with the pokemon symbol from HGSS and a lil X* plushie on my shoulder)

Also my suggestion for the Spin Trade during the pokeman meet up at 4 is still up.

All of us. Together.

Making Eggs.~

I plan to dress up as well, haven't decided on what trainer to do yet; ah decisions.

UWAHH amazing idea! totally gonna wear trainer-inspired clothes!

Moccawaii on
    :!!: My info is in a spoiler 'cause I wrote so much.
    Made you look. :wink:<3
    edited February 2011
    Damn it. I guess I am gonna wear those BK pokeballs all weekend. Haha.

I am talking more along the lines of something to really make us trainers stick out. I really think we should make like a bright color beanie or maybe even custom order scarves that say TRAINER on it.

I have had my huge HGSS pokedex book out all day and have yet to browse through it for guys I want to use. I am sloking. (Get it? Instead of slacking? I am a genious!)

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited February 2011
    redfield85 wrote: »

I am talking more along the lines of something to really make us trainers stick out. I really think we should make like a bright color beanie or maybe even custom order scarves that say TRAINER on it.

I have had my huge HGSS pokedex book out all day and have yet to browse through it for guys I want to use. I am sloking. (Get it? Instead of slacking? I am a genious!)

That's not too Farfetch'd (<< you knew it was coming); it's kinda late to order the scarfs; but custom trainer belts would be a neat idea too. The BK pokeballs are shoved in my closet somewhere lol, may have to just paint/create some new ones.

JTails on
    edited February 2011

That's not too Farfetch'd (<< you knew it was coming); it's kinda late to order the scarfs; but custom trainer belts would be a neat idea too. The BK pokeballs are shoved in my closet somewhere lol, may have to just paint/create some new ones.

The BK ones are perfect. You just have to color a black outline where the red and white meet and for the circle in the middle.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • PoeticMadnesssPoeticMadnesss Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Moccawaii wrote: »

All of us. Together.

Making Eggs.~

If all my clothes come in on time, I'm going to dress up something similar to the Rocker sprite from FR/LG :D

I wasn't going to post this because i wanted to be the only person wearing it (though noone else will get it in time now), but I'll be walking around wearing this beanie, assuming it comes in time.
    il_fullxfull.89510666.jpg

PoeticMadnesss on
    **Pokemon**
    Black: 0647 5155 3272
    Pkmn Breeder
    Certified Gold Card Carrier - (E4, Entralink, Musical, Pokedex Complete)
    edited February 2011
    If all my clothes come in on time, I'm going to dress up something similar to the Rocker sprite from FR/LG :D

I wasn't going to post this because i wanted to be the only person wearing it (though noone else will get it in time now), but I'll be walking around wearing this beanie, assuming it comes in time.

I haven't seen anything like that, and wow that's just...awesome; too bad I have no idea how to knit/crochet. Hats off to you, hats off to you!

JTails on
    edited February 2011
    Heleor wrote: »
    Or Nidoking/Queen, Rhydon, or Mewtwo.

(The last is banned. :P)

Besides, only the Boss gets to use those.

Xerlith on
    PAX East 2014 Checklist: Passes Purchased [X] Passes Received [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel Reservation [X]
    edited February 2011
    Well, Giovanni did let Jessie of all people run his gym. ;)

Heleor on
    edited February 2011

I think I will be pasting felt letters to the back of my shirt that says Pax Pokemon League Challenger, if I can fit it :) Plus it's a bit late to be ordering scarves at this point.

FoggyKnight on
    edited February 2011
    If you find a place that makes scarves, please tell us about it. Every single one of the leader scarves is hand-made.

Heleor on
    edited February 2011
    My friend is now in 'AUGH! WHO TO CHOOSE!' mode, trying to get ready for the PPL.

His biggest dilemma: use his starter, or go full Rocket, as he will be in Rocket gear (when not in his Captain Jack Harkness cosplay). oh, and his Rocket outfit has one special addition: a black tac vest with pokéwalkers on it (his own, and borrowing from a few friends who can't come to PAX East for one reason or other)

Fetch26291 on
  • MarineElfMarineElf Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I'm gonna be dressed as Ash, but hopefully that won't bring me bad luck because Ash always loses >__< "What? Pikachu is ineffective against Geodude?!?! Oh no!"

MarineElf on
  • RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Moccawaii wrote: »

All of us. Together.

Making Eggs.~

Actually, I have seen that beanie around teh interwebz, but alas I don't have one. I'll be on the lookout for it, though! Gotta give you a Shuckle (:

I expect you guys know how to recognize me.... >_>;; I'll be at the meetups! Uber pumped <3

RainbowTunnel on
    edited March 2011

Wait, what? When was this?

Xerlith on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Holy shit my DS just broke in two in my hands. I've glued it back together and I think I'll be ok for pax as long as I don't need heavy use of the R button. It's had a good life - but I can't afford to go to PAX and move and replace my poor departed friend. Now if I can just get this darn glue off my fingers...

So sad.

Lindsay Lohan on
    edited March 2011
    Holy shit my DS just broke in two in my hands. I've glued it back together and I think I'll be ok for pax as long as I don't need heavy use of the R button. It's had a good life - but I can't afford to go to PAX and move and replace my poor departed friend. Now if I can just get this darn glue off my fingers...

So sad.

Aw. Well, look at it this way - it broke just in time for you to buy a 3DS eventually. :)

In the Anime. She failed miserably at using all his Pokemon.

Heleor on
    edited March 2011

In the Anime. She failed miserably at using all his Pokemon.

Ehehe. Of course. At least she didn't try using only Arbok or something.

Xerlith on
  • RappakRappak Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Quick question, as a challenger, may I use D/P/PL or do I have to use HS/SS? I don't mind either way, but it just means more transfering for me.

Rappak on
  • PoeticMadnesssPoeticMadnesss Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Rappak wrote: »
    Quick question, as a challenger, may I use D/P/PL or do I have to use HS/SS? I don't mind either way, but it just means more transfering for me.

HG/SS. They have the flat battle option which drops everything above 50 down to 50, which is the battle option everyone is going to be using.

PoeticMadnesss on
    **Pokemon**
    Black: 0647 5155 3272
    Pkmn Breeder
    Certified Gold Card Carrier - (E4, Entralink, Musical, Pokedex Complete)
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

So sad.

Aw. Well, look at it this way - it broke just in time for you to buy a 3DS eventually. :)

That's how I'm trying to look at it. It's pathetic but I've had it for over 4 years and it just felt so horrible to see it broken in two. It seems ok for now - I used some really good glue. After PAX is done I'll probably order a replacement case from Dealextreme and save up for a 3DS. I'll be bringing my wife's DS Phat in tow for PAX as a backup as well.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • DanUNGDanUNG Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If Victory Road and Mt. Silver get too boring, check out Cerulean Cave. I'm enjoying what I find there.

DanUNG on
    edited March 2011
    For anyone who has some sewing skill and lacks the money to buy one of those groovy fleece hats (>>me<<), here's a few tutorials I discovered on DeviantArt(clearkid) that really makes the process somewhat painless. She, herself, has some amazing pieces of crafts/art, check them out for some good ideas, reminder there isn't much time left for PAX.
    Going to try and get it started during the weekend.

JTails on
    edited March 2011
    That's the tutorial I used for my fleece hats :) I have a "practice" hat I might add felt to and turn into a Latias.

FoggyKnight on
  • RegimentRegiment Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DanUNG wrote: »
    If Victory Road and Mt. Silver get too boring, check out Cerulean Cave. I'm enjoying what I find there.

I'm still having a nice time at Stark Mountain in Diamond.I've got only one left to train. I had a female Rampardos ready, but the EV training gave her a lunatic Attack and rubbish Speed and defenses - risky when her best attack has massive recoil. I'm going with another female Pokemon instead, Eliade, who's more balanced and also the only one with a nickname.

Regiment on
    I never lose, I just win sideways.
    edited March 2011
    You all are making me feel bad. My Pokemon are still barely hatched...

Heleor on
    edited March 2011
    If it makes you feel better, I just beat Claire. Time to start planning a team!

Xerlith on
    edited March 2011
    I don't even remember where I am at in SS. I think I was kind of attempting to get Lugia, but I went and the rocks were still in the way. Yay for being lost!

I think tonight I am going to pick a good 10-15 Pokes I might have on my team and go from there. I want to pick mainly ones that I like, but I guess I need some decent ones to be able to compete.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have 4/6 ready to go. Gonna be doing the other 2 on the train trip to Boston.

Rdr on
    edited March 2011
    You all are making me feel bad. My Pokemon are still barely hatched...
    I have 4/6 ready to go. Gonna be doing the other 2 on the train trip to Boston.

Am I the only one who has their team ready to go? Wow I thought I had fallen behind and here I am heading the pack. :-D Yay me! :Does happy dance:

Gumbyx84 on