As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ledo and Ix Episode 5

ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Social Entropy++
Älphämönkëy on

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    well I'm intrigued!

YaYa on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ix was a little more adorable than usual this time around.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    these are pretty fun

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ugh. These things are an atrocity. The people involved should be arrested for crimes against Humanity.

Roger Wilco on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ugh. These things are an atrocity. The people involved should be arrested for crimes against Humanity.
    The Internet, ladies and gentlemen

Houk the Namebringer on
  • John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I genuinely don't understand how these are funny. That's not a criticism; I just don't get it. I suppose it's good to watch at work because it makes little difference if you watch with the sound on or off.

John Matrix on
  • TaskmanTaskman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Nah.
    The Adventures of Ledo and Ix uses the visual vocabulary of retro video games to explore the human fear of both the unknown and the known.

I'll be the first to admit I don't always get what set glands they're trying to squeeze in an attempt to wring emotions from the soulless husks of the internet populous, but I appreciate the fact they're brave enough to make the attempt. I think you just have to file some things under the category of 'not for everyone' and leave it at that.

Taskman on
    uGn5f.png
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I liked the part where they had a trifling argument and then were confounded by some aspect or glitch of their videogame reality that they didn't understand.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    haters gonna etc.

I love this series.

Langly on
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My fondness for this thing swells with each passing week. It is just packed with charm.

Ix is apparently intensely afraid of tiny green men in hats? Hm.
    I genuinely don't understand how these are funny. That's not a criticism; I just don't get it. I suppose it's good to watch at work because it makes little difference if you watch with the sound on or off.

Good gravy, not everything has to be funny, you know. Stop coming at it with the expectation of humor; from thence stems your disappointment.

They are character studies, vignettes, windows into two characters' souls. Sure, there's some underlying structure there, but maybe the point isn't to know the whole story. Maybe the point is each moment, self-contained, and the feelings it evokes.

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Two very dull characters.

Adus on
  • JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I like this a lot.

Jubeh on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    also, even if I didn't like this so much, I infinitely prefer these to the mega 64 videos.

Langly on
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    also, even if I didn't like this so much, I infinitely prefer these to the mega 64 videos.

It's a good thing you put in that first part, because otherwise this would be like the uber-example of damning with faint praise.

Gaslight on
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've liked these. I will probably rewatch them in one go, when this season finishes.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    another good one. I found it just a little creepy, which is likely what the creator of the series intended.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I like that they're running with the idea of them struggling with the fact that they seem to be the only people in the world that actually have brains

Speed Racer on
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh yeah, this is the good stuff. This is the first one that pretty much demands continuity. I want to know what happens next, dangit!

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I thought she was the tail of a monster at first.

Then I realized she was one of those NPCs.

Xehalus on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    good episode. didn't really get the ending

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • BrooksyBrooksy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah the ending wasn't great.

Still lovin' this series, though. "DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE MY FAULT ALL THE TIME?" earned a good lol.

Brooksy on
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    PikaPuff wrote: »

Think Ix figured out why she was following him, (the gems) but decided he liked it.

MichaelLC on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's obvious at this point that this show isn't meant to be funny. There are moments that are cute but nothing that comes off as being a real punch-line.

The show is obviously building towards something plot-wise so I'll keep watching it out of sheer curiosity. They've asked a bunch of questions but given no answers and I'm curious as to what the creators are trying to do here.

TankHammer on
  • yurnamehereyurnamehere Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is the sort of thing Samuel Beckett would have made if he was into video games.

yurnamehere on
  • zacpariahzacpariah Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Very much enjoy it. Dark and something very sinister seems to be just out of the current scope the story is being told at. Complex, haunted characters are unveiled at a seemingly plodding, relaxed pace, while realistically the episodes are extremely short. Needless action, effects and distractions are kept to a minimum. Nostalgic, obscure gamer references galore. Masterful craftsmanship.

zacpariah on
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i like it

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »

Think Ix figured out why she was following him, (the gems) but decided he liked it.
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooo I like this explanation. thanks.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
This discussion has been closed.