As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW]Druids: CLOSED SLIGHTLY EARLY

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That's like the most negligible benefit ever, though, since if you get rooted while in a feral form you're typically just as well off shifting again anyway.

forty on
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Blurbl wrote: »
    I just wish Stampeding Roar had a bigger range. There's a ton of places in heroics/raids were the run speed is useful, but the range is so small you're not going to affect anyone unless they're on top of you.
    Only use I've seen for it is running back through an instance on a wipe.

Panda4You on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Honestly, a 40% boost for six seconds is not enough. Longer duration or bigger boost.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited February 2011
    But still with the bigger range.

The ability is shit for at least 4 reasons right now (range, duration, magnitude, and cost), and at least two of those need to be addressed before it doesn't feel like a waste of hotkey space.

forty on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey, it was great when you couldn't mount up in the Temple of Earth or whatever in deepholm since it lasted exactly as long as it took to get to the daily area portal from where you arrive at. And by great I mean for some reason I didn't want to blow Dash "just in case" and used that crappy move instead.

Opty on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, how are you meant to use regrowth as a resto druid? Do you spotheal with it? It seems like it uses way too much mana.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited February 2011
    It's your emergency spell to use when someone needs a heal right now but Nourish would be too slow. Due to its hot also being Swiftmendable, you get a second boost afterwards if that's off cooldown and they still need emergency healing. With the changes to Nourish being sped up with 3 Rejuvs though, if you're in that state Regrowth is worthless. As such I only find myself using it in dungeons nowadays.

Opty on
    edited February 2011
    Regrowth has a massive crit chance, giving it a serious edge over Nourish. Especially if the target has no pre-existing HoT.

But really, Regrowth is there to consume clearcasting procs when you don't have enough time to cast Healing Touch. And, as stated, a regrowth followed by a Swiftmend is nice burst healing.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Don't forget it also triggers another cooldown - nature's grace. You could just use moonfire of course, but a regrowth + swiftmend + 15% hasted other heals is pretty nice to get somebody back up.

Coconut Monkey on
  • BerenBeren Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Regrowth is for Chimaeron, I find.

Beren on
    PS4: DarconvillesCat
    edited February 2011
    Don't forget it also triggers another cooldown - nature's grace. You could just use moonfire of course, but a regrowth + swiftmend + 15% hasted other heals is pretty nice to get somebody back up.

Man I totally forgot about this. I should use it more often then.

Opty on
    edited March 2011
    -Roar increases to 8s and +60% speed. Range still shitty so doesn't matter.
    -Lifebloom's bloom nerfed by 20%. Not a big deal. Cost up to 11%. Not a big deal, just rewards players that refresh their stacks via other spells.
    -Cyclone duration down to 5s. Not surprising.
    -Starsurge damage nerfed by 20%. I assume there's a Moonkin rehaul in the works, but I work under the crazy assumption that devs give a shit about balance. Expect the class to still suck dick in PvP and hopefully maintain some sort of competitiveness in PvE. That's the absolute BEST you can hope for.

EDIT: Swipe cooldown halved and Resto spec automatically cuts the cooldown of Tranq in half.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That swipe change might just be enough for me to get back on my bear.
    I just hate trying to deal with wild aggro in heroics. After rolling with a DK for a bit, it's soooo much easier to deal with threat, lol. And now they are getting a battle rez? Shit.

Bears need to step it up a notch somewhere to make it fun to tank with them again, because the 3 button ratio right now is stale and when shit gets out of hand it's hard to pull shit back because you've only got X amount of stuff you can use.

I might start healing.
    Hmm.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • CelianCelian Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Moonkin nerf when I switch over from Feral ... nnoooOooOo.

Well Starsurge can do ludicrous amounts of damage when it crits during an eclipse. I had a 65k crit doing my Tol Barad dailies yesterday.

Honestly, Moonkins are great in PvE. The tools they have and things they do made me enjoy playing my Druid again after Feral became insanely boring to me.

Celian on
    PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    -Lifebloom's bloom nerfed by 20%. Not a big deal. Cost up to 11%. Not a big deal, just rewards players that refresh their stacks via other spells.
    -Starsurge damage nerfed by 20%. I assume there's a Moonkin rehaul in the works, but I work under the crazy assumption that devs give a shit about balance. Expect the class to still suck dick in PvP and hopefully maintain some sort of competitiveness in PvE. That's the absolute BEST you can hope for.

EDIT: Swipe cooldown halved and Resto spec automatically cuts the cooldown of Tranq in half.

I really hope that isn't our healing cooldown that was talked about. I'm not even real excited about barkskin being it to be honest. I use it far too often on myself.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
    edited March 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Was resto becoming viable in PvP again or something?
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Considering balance is a top tier DPS spec right now, this isn't really surprising.
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Yay, bear AoE tanking becomes less shitty, and bear tanking isn't totally awful while leveling!

forty on
  • Kitten SwarmKitten Swarm Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If I leave Living Seed and Efflorescence out of the potential 10man spec I'm looking at for my druid, does that make me a bad person?

I don't know. I can see how useful it would be in 25, but any opinions on if it's worth it for a normal 10 man group? Opinions I've read vary wildly, and all the druid healers in my guild raid 25 so they have it by default.

Kitten Swarm on
    You may learn that one day to your sorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    I could see skipping Effloresence if you're only doing 10-mans. It's not much healing at all if only 2-3 people are in it. Why skip Living Seed, though (other than that it's a prereq for something you're no longer getting)? I don't really see how its value would decrease in a 10-man. If anything, I'd think it would be a bit higher, since 25-man druids are far more likely to be spamming rejuv and WG and using fewer casted heals than 10-man druids.

forty on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man the LB nerf......

Resto is really starting to feel dog piled on this expansion.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, is balance any fun to play? It's looking like my druid needs a dps offspec for raid comp reasons, and to hell with being melee.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just think it'll be funny and terrible if Death Knights get a better version of rebirth and are able to easily use it while tanking.

shadowane on
    edited March 2011
    Starsurge needs to apply Earth and Moon, Solar Beam's beam effect needs to appear even if the target's immune to silence/interrupt (I don't know if the no-miss interrupt fix means this is happening or not already), and Stampeding Roar needs an even bigger buff, Rebirth needs to work in forms, be instant, and cost 50 rage/energy.

Opty on
    edited March 2011
    Starsurge was one of the few things Balance had going for it in PvP. Really solid burst damage. They've basically spent each patch shitting on the spec's viability.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • BerenBeren Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, is balance any fun to play? It's looking like my druid needs a dps offspec for raid comp reasons, and to hell with being melee.

I think cat is more fun to play, but fatkin is higher dps; you also use almost exactly the same gear as healing for it.

Beren on
    PS4: DarconvillesCat
    edited March 2011
    shadowane wrote: »
    I just think it'll be funny and terrible if Death Knights get a better version of rebirth and are able to easily use it while tanking.
    Considering that, at the moment on the PTR, Raise Ally is a 20% health rez and glyphed rebirth is 100%, it's not looking to be better.

forty on
    edited March 2011
    balance is weeeeird

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I usually play resto, but tried feral dps in a 5 man last night... (tol'vir regular)

My dps was fine on bosses, but I felt rather useless on trash. Everything was dying way too fast to bother setting up FF/rake/mangle for better shredding.

What should I be doing... cut out rake and/or shred? Would a 2-3 point rip be worth it if it's up early enough?

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
    edited March 2011
    Noggin wrote: »
    I usually play resto, but tried feral dps in a 5 man last night... (tol'vir regular)

My dps was fine on bosses, but I felt rather useless on trash. Everything was dying way too fast to bother setting up FF/rake/mangle for better shredding.

What should I be doing... cut out rake and/or shred? Would a 2-3 point rip be worth it if it's up early enough?

For bigger HP pool mobs (single or double pull guys, like a few in Throne of Tides and Blackwing) I usually throw up a 5 point rip. Otherwise it's best to just keep savage roar up on yourself and FB with the combo points.

I normally feral charge in, ravage, mangle, rake, shred spam, FB and it's usually dead. I leave out FF on the trash mobs. Make sure to pop Tiger's Fury everytime it's up too, which can be twice in some pulls.

Really cat dps shines when you have time to get bleeds set up and you just don't get that time on trash. It's not going to magically fix itself, it's just part of the design.

In other news, decided to try efflorescence in the resto build I'll be using for Saturday raid. It it's getting tweaked and made useful in 4.1 I should probably get used to it.

Kitten Swarm on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    What's happening to effloresence in 4.1? I don't think I saw anything in the patch notes other than a graphics change for it and HW Serenity (which is probably good since those spells make a mess of the ground).
    Really cat dps shines when you have time to get bleeds set up and you just don't get that time on trash. It's not going to magically fix itself, it's just part of the design.
    I wouldn't say cat DPS shines at all anymore.

forty on
    edited March 2011
    The devs were surprised at how positive the ptr response to Efflorescence as a 'smart' heal was, which was an unintended bug. They're planning on looking at it and seeing if changing it like that will work.

Cat dps is pretty bad on the scale, true. But against a group of people dpsing sub-optimally you can still shine a little,, then cry yourself to sleep.

Kitten Swarm on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Wait, what? How was efflorescence made a smart heal? I thought it just healed everyone standing in an area.

forty on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    forty wrote: »
    Wait, what? How was efflorescence made a smart heal? I thought it just healed everyone standing in an area.

Now it heals people based on how hurt they are. Its a very good thing. So the guy who's at 50% gets more of Eff's healing than a guy at 90%.

You get the same amount of healing, its just applied better.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Apparently it's going to be a smart heal rather than a shitty version of Healing Rain.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited March 2011
    Err, so do people still have to stand in it? Or not. That's kind of the make or break thing about it (along with the range).

forty on
    edited March 2011
    People would still have to stand on it. It looks like it's officially going to be:

Efflorescence now heals the three most injured targets within its effect for health equal to 4/8/12% of the amount healed by your Swiftmend for every 1 sec for 7 sec.

Malfurion’s Gift now also reduces the cooldown of your Tranquility by 2.5/5 minutes.

This makes it more useful in smaller groups I suppose.

Kitten Swarm on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    The biggest problem with it wasn't that it wasn't smart, it's that the aoe is so damn small and it's position so unpredictable.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Eh, I'd say that was as big a problem as the fact that its numbers were low due to it being capable of hitting a lot of people. Now that they're limiting the amount of people that it can hit per each tick, the individual ticks can be more meaningful. That does give it more value outside of 25-mans.

At least it might be worthwhile in 10-mans now, but I still don't imagine it being worth the points in anything but a raid spec (i.e., probably won't be worth taking for PvP).

forty on
    edited March 2011
    If they made it so it acted like the bugged PTR version and consolidated healing so its HPS was the same no matter how many people were in it, then it'd be awesome. I guess the 3 person limit's a good compromise.

Also: Feral Swiftness now also causes Dash and Stampeding Roar to have a 50/100% chance to instantly remove all movement impairing effects from the affected targets when used.

Opty on
  • BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Opty wrote: »
    Also: Feral Swiftness now also causes Dash and Stampeding Roar to have a 50/100% chance to instantly remove all movement impairing effects from the affected targets when used.
    Damn, now I have to find a hotkey for Stampeding Roar.

Billmaan on
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Range is still a good, thick bucket of sand in the gears I reckon?

Panda4You on
This discussion has been closed.