As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CREATE ON] LittleBigPlanet 2 - It's out! Let's make levels!

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ahhhh

yeah you know what, that makes more sense, it's something I didn't think of. At the time when I was trying to use a single generator, I was trying to use a single timer as the health bar, and then reduce the percentage of the analog signal sent to it depending on what the player's max HP is supposed to be. That didn't work at all, so I scrapped it and opted instead for multiple counters, with a new one being emitted after every level-up. In doing so though I also scrapped the notion of a single generator, and in retrospect I think I threw the baby out with the bathwater.

I'll grab your pulse generator and see if it works for me! Pretty sure it should.

Speed Racer on
  • BraintrustBraintrust Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I fixed the n+1 issue. I still need to test all 100 possible values. There is a possibility the subtraction produces a wierd result on one of the values that could send it into an infinite loop.

A more serious issue that will effect your old design as well is the time it takes to repeat 10 -> 100 values. It takes a full second to repeat 10 times. A 99 damage value would take about 10 seconds to take effect.

Braintrust on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Your math's a little off, it only takes 6.6 seconds to do 99 damage. Which is the same as mine.

It does look like there's a small problem with when you introduce subtraction into it though, it seems to deal the analogue inverse of the value you put into it. That's fixable with just a NOT gate though, no problem.

Thanks a bunch! Your version is a lot more clever than mine. I never would have thought to use a counter set to 100 to subtract from the analogue signal until it hit 0.

Speed Racer on
    edited February 2011
    Wait, no, I'm just a dumbass. I forgot that it's subtracting points from 100, not adding points to 0. It works exactly how it should.

On one hand, thanks a ton for working out a method that's incredibly less ridiculous than my own!

On the other hand, fuck you for invalidating all the time it took to make my 99 pulse generator monster!

Speed Racer on
  • GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Italax wrote: »
    I'm making a hub world and linking it to several smaller worlds, is there anyway to save progress through each of these smaller levels so that when they're all done it lets you get to the finish point in the hub world?

I pretty much need the hub world to be separate since it's set up to be a boat sailing around an isometric sea, landing on islands or inside caves to enter the levels.

Couldn't you have the finish part of the hub world protected by something that requires stickers to proceed? You could then give out the stickers in each level. Seems a bit easier than linking it to score.

Not everyone has their settings set to collect community objects. Using score should be 100% compatible with everyone.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Alright, so maybe someone has a more clever solution to this next problem than I do, since that proved to be the case with the damage.

I need a way to establish turn order for combat. I'd prefer it be based on a speed stat, but if that proves prohibitively complex I'm cool with turn order being randomized at the start of every battle.

Here's my idea that I'm still sort of hammering out in my brain. Have an OR switch with a number of inputs equal to every possible combatant, so, every party member and every enemy you can encounter. Each input is an analog signal that equates to the corresponding character's speed stat. the OR switch will only accept the highest signal. Then, through logic that I haven't figured out yet, it adds to a 1-point counter that activates a microchip that contains everything else relevant about the character, be it a combat menu for the party or a randomizer to determine the action of an enemy. After the process in the microchip completes, it resets the counter and shuts off the signal being sent by the speed stat counter, meaning that the OR signal is now outputting the signal of the second-fastest character. When the OR switch outputs 0, which would mean that every combatant has had their turn, then the speed stats all reset.

It sounds pretty solid to me, the only thing that I'm missing is how to translate the analog signal of that OR gate into a digital signal that's sent only to the thing sending that same analogue signal. I know that a sequencer's gonna be involved, but that's as far as I've gotten.

The idea that immediately presents itself is more 99 microchip bullshit. Since the speed stat could hypothetically be 1-100, I would need the OR switch to feed into a sequencer with 99 batteries linked to 99 microchips. In each microchip is one self-resetting counter for each potential combatant in the level. The counter can only be added to when the sequencer battery activates and when it's receiving a signal from its corresponding combatant's speed counter. This would mean that the combatant microchip activated only if the OR switch output a signal equal to the combatant's speed, and if the combatant hasn't already moved that round.

That sounds like it would work? The only problem is that it would be a fucking nightmare. It would require a number of OR gates equal to the number of potential combatants, each with 99 inputs. After getting schooled by Braintrust on the damage issue I have to believe that there's a better method here, especially since this implementation would require even more repetitious logic than my damage processer did.

Speed Racer on
    edited February 2011
    Wait wait wait, maybe I've got it.

Use the same logic as what Braintrust came up for for the damage processor. The OR switch sends the analogue signal for that, which then sends out a number of pulses equal to the value of the fastest combatant. Those pulses are fed into a counter, which feeds into the negative half of a direction combiner that's located on each combatant's microchip. The positive input of the combiner is that combatant's speed stat, and the combiner is put through a NOT gate that activates the microchip. This way, only when the combiner's value is 0, or in other words, when that combatant's speed stat is equal to the number of pulses sent out from the pulse generator, can the combatant do anything. Then the counter that's powered by the pulse generator is reset after its turn is over.

The only problem that immediately presents itself to me with this idea is that it would introduce lag into a process that should be instantaneous. I'm not super-concerned with that though, because for the lower levels speed will be a small enough number that the latency will be completely negligible, and for the higher levels you could have the game determine who moves next while the battle animation is playing, to mask the lag. As long as the high level battle animations are suitably awesome it should make the lag mostly unnoticeable.

Speed Racer on
    edited February 2011
    Wait wait wait, maybe I've got it.

Use the same logic as what Braintrust came up for for the damage processor. The OR switch sends the analogue signal for that, which then sends out a number of pulses equal to the value of the fastest combatant. Those pulses are fed into a counter, which feeds into the negative half of a direction combiner that's located on each combatant's microchip. The positive input of the combiner is that combatant's speed stat, and the combiner is put through a NOT gate that activates the microchip. This way, only when the combiner's value is 0, or in other words, when that combatant's speed stat is equal to the number of pulses sent out from the pulse generator, can the combatant do anything. Then the counter that's powered by the pulse generator is reset after its turn is over.

The only problem that immediately presents itself to me with this idea is that it would introduce lag into a process that should be instantaneous. I'm not super-concerned with that though, because for the lower levels speed will be a small enough number that the latency will be completely negligible, and for the higher levels you could have the game determine who moves next while the battle animation is playing, to mask the lag. As long as the high level battle animations are suitably awesome it should make the lag mostly unnoticeable.

Use 1 second on/off timers. Have the speed stats be 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, and 100%. These will effect the speed the timers fill. When a timer fills turn off all timers. Perform the turn action. When turn is over reset the players timer and turn all timers back on. You will need tie breaking logic. An XOR gate can be used to detect ties. Not sure how you pick winner after that.

Braintrust on
    edited February 2011
    For tie breaking. If you have 8 characters in your battle system then you need a 9 position selector. Every time a timer fills up you are going to step through the selector. On each position of the selector inspect to see if that characters timer is full. If not then increment the selector. If it is turned on then perform a turn for that player. At the 9th position turn the timers back on.

All this talk reminds me of my failed attempt at a RPG in little big planet 1.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEMqHzaZnRM

Braintrust on
    edited February 2011
    Hmm. That idea would definitely solve the lag problem. Yeah, okay, I'll do it that way, and just have speed upgrades not occur on every level-up.

Speed Racer on
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I got this annoying problem I cant seem to get rid of.

My player controlls a sackbot with some added abilities, making the game play like a contra game. So far so good. Problem is, the sackbot has a creatinator on his head and its making the bot look to the left. You can still shoot in every direction, but the moment the right stick is released the sackbot 'resets' his head and looks to the left.

I noticed in the popup menu of the sackbot a (look at) tag is selected at the bottom of the menu. When I remove the creatinator this tag selection part of the menu dissapears as well. I can select other tags, this will make it look to something else, but it will also start to shoot at this dierection, and when I select a tag with a totally new name not present in the level it looks to the left. My contollinator is set to override the sackbot actions. Creating a new sackbot for the player also recreates the same problem, even without the controllinator on it.
    How can I remedy this problem/bug?

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Alphagaia wrote: »

My player controlls a sackbot with some added abilities, making the game play like a contra game. So far so good. Problem is, the sackbot has a creatinator on his head and its making the bot look to the left. You can still shoot in every direction, but the moment the right stick is released the sackbot 'resets' his head and looks to the left.

I noticed in the popup menu of the sackbot a (look at) tag is selected at the bottom of the menu. When I remove the creatinator this tag selection part of the menu dissapears as well. I can select other tags, this will make it look to something else, but it will also start to shoot at this dierection, and when I select a tag with a totally new name not present in the level it looks to the left. My contollinator is set to override the sackbot actions. Creating a new sackbot for the player also recreates the same problem, even without the controllinator on it.
    How can I remedy this problem/bug?

I remember running into this problem as well, and couldn't find a way to fix it.

Could recording the Sackbot in a still animation and looping it work? Every time the Sackbot gets no input from the controllinator he can default to the idle animation.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
    edited February 2011
    Found someone with a similar problem on LBPcentral except with the paint gun. Might have to wait for a patch?

Here

Also saw a familiar face.

MetaHybrid on
    edited February 2011
    MetaHybrid wrote: »
    Found someone with a similar problem on LBPcentral except with the paint gun. Might have to wait for a patch?

Here

Thx for the help, but this looks like a different problem. Even when I run to right, if I dont push the right controll stick it will look to the left. As such, an idle animation wont fix this problem. Also I thought a sackbot can't pick up a paintinator, but I'm not sure at the moment. The moment I use an existing tag, it will try to attack it using the creatinator. O_o

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
    edited February 2011
    I think Sackbots can use the paintinator if you allow them to use the creatinator.

MetaHybrid on
    edited February 2011
    MetaHybrid wrote: »

Here

The games will never stop.

Also, I'm still going through rtm's logic tutorials. I find it hilarious that you have to do cartwheels to get the game to understand how to multiply two numbers, but it can integrate and differentiate with practically no difficulty at all.

Speed Racer on
    edited February 2011

I found that it is more complicated than that. It appears that weather the sackbot looks left or right is based on its location in the level. I am having the same issue. Except some of my spawns have the sackbot looking the other direction. If it only looked in one direction then I could just build my level accordingly. You may want to mess with the location of the spawn.

Braintrust on
    edited February 2011
    Braintrust wrote: »

I found that it is more complicated than that. It appears that weather the sackbot looks left or right is based on its location in the level. I am having the same issue. Except some of my spawns have the sackbot looking the other direction. If it only looked in one direction then I could just build my level accordingly. You may want to mess with the location of the spawn.

I noticed that my sackbot looks to the right when I place him at the left of controllinator, and vica versa. This does not hold up when the transmitting controllinator gets moved though... it seems to look at the place where I first stated my controllinator as a transmitter.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
    edited February 2011
    What if you put a tag on the rightmost edge of the level, and made him start looking at it when you pushe right and stop whe you push left?

Speed Racer on
    edited February 2011
    What if you put a tag on the rightmost edge of the level, and made him start looking at it when you pushe right and stop whe you push left?

Thx for the advice, but i threw the creatinator in the bin and created my own rotating gun with cycling powerups, which have to be collected first. Its a little wonky as of yet: but i'll finetune it tomorrow.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
    edited February 2011
    I have created the another level in my Blue Unicorn series.
    Try Blue Unicorn: 2nd Wish

379a7cac72851658d6c2d92906188dd70d683b54.jpg

I was able to fix the creatinator so it it focused forward when the user takes their finger off the thumb stick.

Braintrust on
    edited February 2011
    Braintrust wrote: »
    I have created the another level in my Blue Unicorn series.
    Try Blue Unicorn: 2nd Wish

379a7cac72851658d6c2d92906188dd70d683b54.jpg

I was able to fix the creatinator so it it focused forward when the user takes their finger off the thumb stick.

Played it and liked the idea, but the execution could use some finetuning.

-The unicorn doesn't always spawn when the player does.
    -the unicorn sometimes looses its head.
    -after the unicorn dies, the player dies. After the death I have to jump back into the unicorn again, which doesnt always spawn right away. This takes time.

You could fix this by not using eletricity but plasma as a killer. Its a quicker death. Also, if you use a controllinator as a receiver and transmitter you can hide the player in a invisible hologram which follows the unicorn (let it follow a tag). Set it to follow at a very high speed and whenever the unicorn dies emit a new one on your checkpoints. This way you will avoid the players death entirely, the unicorn always spawns and you don't loose time dying twice and jumping into the unicorn again.
    You can make a counter which spawns the unicorn n times, but resets after each checkpoint so you still have lifes and refills at checkpoints.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
    edited February 2011
    Alright, LBP Central was surprisingly unhelpful, maybe someone here can help figure this out!

Evidently one super-ambitious project isn't enough for me. I've been just sort of idly thinking about it, and I think I've mostly worked out how to recreate the time reversal mechanic from Braid.

For starters, you would have to make a counter that gets triggered by every possible input or lack of input. So, pushing left, pushing right, up, down, releasing the stick, pushing any face button or releasing any face button, and also falling (which you'd trigger by having a sackbot that's not in contact with material tagged as "ground") would all add a point to a counter. You could make the counter any number but for the heck of it let's say 100.

That 100 point counter is hooked into a positional sequencer. At each point is a battery, each of which is wired to a microchip not on the sequencer. Every microchip has a directional timer powered by a different one of the actions that increments the counter. In other words, the timers record how long you push a given button or direction, or how long you fall for. Then, you push the "rewind" button, and it causes the timers on the currently active microchip to start depleting, and also works something that makes sackboy move in reverse with respect to how he originally did to fill the timer. So, for instance, you walk right for one second, then hit rewind, and for as long as the timer is full (one second), a battery is used to make you walk left for one second.

Falling in reverse would be the hardest one to pull off, but it's doable. You'd need to somehow work out what the terminal velocity is for whatever gravity setting you use. The timer that records your falling needs to have a max time equal to how long it takes to reach terminal velocit, and then you need a mover which sends you upwards at terminal velocity and is set to speed scale. Then you link the timer to the mover, and you get a mover that makes you speed up the longer you fall down or slow down the longer you "fall up." The only issue is I got no clue how to work out the terminal velocity for sackboy, or, if the game has no concept of terminal velocity, the speed that sackboy is falling at the instant he hits the ground after being dropped from the top of the level.

Here's the actual problem I wanted help with: with the way my system works, you'll eventually run out of places to record new actions. This isn't directly a problem. Braid also makes it so that you can't rewind forever, IIRC it only save the last 30 minutes of gameplay, which is obviously more than enough for a given puzzle. Where it's problematic is, how do you clear space for new actions once you've hit the cap?

The first step would obviously be to reset all the timers on the microchip that recorded the first actions of the player. This part is easy. The hard part, is now you have to somehow shift the values of every timer backwards one microchip, so that the times stored in microchip 2 get moved to microchip 1, 3 to 2, 4 to 3, and so on until microchip 100 sends its data to microchip 99 and becomes clear for a new action to be recorded. This is doable, and not even THAT difficult. Where you would hit a problem though, is doing this quickly, so quickly that the player is unable to detect that something's amiss when they try and rewind while this movement action is taking place. I don't think that's possible with this method. Even if you downscaled the value to something very tiny, you'd have to upscale it again and wait patiently while it fills up, just because the actual times on the timers are the data you wanna keep.

Another method, then, would be a bit more complicated, and I don't quite have my head wrapped around how it would work. Basically, say you reach the last slot on the sequencer and plug data into the last microchip. When you try to do another action, this should reset the timers in the first microchip, and somehow make it so that the first battery on the sequencer is now powering the second microchip, and the 100th battery is powering the first microchip. That in itself wouldn't be too hard. But then, when that freed up space fills up and another action occurs, the second microchip would need to be flushed, and the batteries would all need to be shifted forward again. And so on, and so on. Every battery would have to be potentially able to power every microchip, which is asking for a hell of wires, AND gates, and OR gates.

Wait. wait wait waiiiiit, I think I got it! Nested sequencers. 100 different sequencers, all positioned along another sequencer. Each of the 100 sequencers works as I described above, except that where the batteries go to would be different for each one of them. On sequencer 1, battery 1 goes to an OR gate that activates microchip one, battyer two feeds into microchip 2, etc. On sequencer 2, battery 1 feeds into microchip 1, 2 goes into 3, and so on. Each sequencer staggers the batteries by one in this way. the sequencer that all 100 of them are on is powered by a seperate counter, which increments each time an action is performed while all 100 microchips are full.

I'm not in front of my game so I can't test it but fuck, that sounds like it'll work! There's still a few limitations in the system. The biggest one to my mind is that it would be difficult to record the exact amount that the player pushes on the movement sticks. You could, and I already know how you could, but as far as I can tell it would require an obscene number of recording microchips, and you would change chips each time you changed how hard you were hitting the stick. This is pointlessly complicated for something that's not that big of a deal. The easier solution is just to make it so that any amount of input from the stick translates into 100% movement on the stick of the sackbot's controllinator. If you wanted to make this idea easier to hammer home you could just make the sackbot dpad controlled.

Okay, so, I guess really all I need to get started on this bitch is a way to deterimine the terminal velocity of a given gravity setting. Anyone know how to do this or can point me to somewhere where someone's already figured this out?

Fuck me, nested sequencers. I am down the fucking rabbithole here and I am never getting out.

Speed Racer on
    edited February 2011
    although it does occur to me that my idea would require ten thousand batteries.

Logic is not thermo heavy but that could very well be pushing it.

worst case scenario I drop it down to 50 or even thirty different slots.

Speed Racer on
    edited February 2011
    That's miles above my current grasp of Logic in LBP2 right now Speed. Which is Controlling a Sackbot controlling a Security Drone.

But your time reversal would be pretty awesome if you could pull it off.

MetaHybrid on
    edited February 2011
    You should check out that logic blog I linked a few pages ago. It's very simple to follow and is a great introduction to all the crazy complicated shit you can do with LBP.

Speed Racer on
    edited February 2011
    I think I have a solution, but it's with a different system:

Let your sackaboy constantly emit a floating invisible hologram with a microchip on it.
    This microchip will contain the following: an inmovable floater, a sequencer full of numbered tags, neatly placed next to each other. Meaning every second a new tag is activated. And finally a tag for each buttonpress you want a sackboy to react to. Imagine this as a breadcrumb trail of floating tags when you move and jump around.

Now, whenever you want turn back time: the microchip of the the sackboy will activate a sequencer full of followers, corrosponding with the numbered tags. This way you can could even go back and forth in time!

Now, an emitter can only emit 100 times, but this is easily sidetracked with a second emitter kicking in after that.
    Even standing still for a time and moving on will be registered.

During something like a jump, a tag should be activated stating the sackboy is jumping, making it look to the next numbered tag above/below it for speed and directional references. Could this work?

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
    edited February 2011
    I'm not sure I'm quite grasping your idea. Do the sequencers on the holograms constantly loop after being emitted? I guess that would guarantee that they're always slightly out of sync with each other so that no two locations have the same tag, but how do you make sure that the sequencer of followers flows properly from one to the next?

Again, I don't really understand how your system works, but it seems like something that's simpler on the surface but that would end up just as if not even more complicated than my idea when you sit down to iron out all the bugs. Mine works as long as you're okay with 10,000 batteries (or 5,000, or 2,500, or whatever number I go with).

I'm also sort of biased against ideas that require a lot of follower or impact sensing logic, after working on my mario 1-1 ripoff. They tend to be sort of finnicky, whereas if you can dictate everything within a microchip then you have exact precision. Well, as long as you don't start going as nuts as some of those LBPC guys.

Speed Racer on
    edited February 2011
    You only use two sequencers. One seqencer for the breadcrumbhologram, going on for as long as you want to. Lets say you want to go back in time with a maximum of ten seconds.
    The breadcrumbsequencer should be ten seconds long. Place twenty tags in it, one for 0.5 second. Each tag is numbered 1 to 20. Emit a breadcrumb from your sackboy each 0,5 second. (You could place one for every 0.1 second if you wish, making it follow movement more accurate this is just an example).
    As soon as the seqencer is emitted its counting up. (acchieve this by placing a sensor in it which detects the sackbot or something, otherwise all breadcrumbs whill have the same time all the time if you keep the original in the level) The liftetime of the emitted breadcrumb should be 10.1 seconds. Meaning after 10 seconds the sequencer is destroyed. (meaning you cant go back in time for more then 10 seconds)

As long as you push the timetravel button: the sequencer on your sackbot kicks in and make each of the breadcrumbsequencers freeze on their current tag. For each 0.5 second you hold the button a follower attracts the sackbot to an older breadcrumbtag.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
    edited February 2011
    Ohhhhhhhh, I get it. okay, that could possibly work. Definitel something to examine at least.

Speed Racer on
    edited February 2011

Played it and liked the idea, but the execution could use some finetuning.

-The unicorn doesn't always spawn when the player does.
    -the unicorn sometimes looses its head.
    -after the unicorn dies, the player dies. After the death I have to jump back into the unicorn again, which doesnt always spawn right away. This takes time.

I fixed the spawning issues.
    I am using a modified version of this:Completely modular sackbot checkpoint system It needed a few adjustments. It didn't work well if your checkpoints were far apart like mine were. I had to modify the logic so the sackbot follower flew towards the last checkpoint if the player died instead of waiting for the player to respawn. I also added logic so that if your sackbot dies at all you don't ace the level. If you do ace it you get 1000 extra points.

Braintrust on
  • TheOne(AndOnly)TheOne(AndOnly) Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My roommate made a Gauntlet clone and would like some feedback if anyone doesn't mind. http://lbp.me/v/y8chht

Edit: I just noticed the misspellings in the description, he is also very dyslexic.

TheOne(AndOnly) on
    BNet USEast: Lampley | PKBlack FC:1850-1035-3335 | LoL PATheOneAndOnly
    PSN: Lqmpley | Steam: TheOne(AndOnly)
    edited February 2011
    My roommate made a Gauntlet clone and would like some feedback if anyone doesn't mind. http://lbp.me/v/y8chht

Sweet! I will try it when I am done working. Might even finish my own level this weekend! The single player bit. Still have to test multiplayer and make a tutorial to teach the moves you can make.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
    edited February 2011

Edit: I just noticed the misspellings in the description, he is also very dyslexic.

I tried it and it was ok. I think Gaunlet's mazes were more narrow and packed in than this. I could be remembering it wrong.

Braintrust on
    edited February 2011
    True, the level design and look doesn't feel like Gauntlet, with to many doors on strange places and dark colors, but thats alright. Thats easily fixed.
    There are big open spaces in the original Gauntlet. Hope your friend ups the amount of enemies big time, The One. It should have more enemies.
    Also, when I press the button only once, the Players Character doesn't always attack because you emit the axe every second. Which is completely fine if you keep the button pressed. But if I let go after 1.1 second. It takes 0.9 seconds for my PC to throw an axe if I press it again. If you add another emitter, which emits an axe only once if you pushed it, that way the PC always attacks if you press the button, so you dont have to wait for it. It's also doable with a seqencer if you want only one emitter, which loops and resets if you let go of the button. This way it will always be a nice stream of axes the moment you press the button.

I would definitly play the game when its done. Hope you keep us posted!

EDIT: I just want to tell you guys about this guy on youtube. He give really nice tutorials which start out simple with basic knowledge, but he expands on it and might show you things you did not know yet!

EDIT EDIT: I'm not going to promise finishing my level at a given date anymore... I keep hitting bumps in the road. So close, though!

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
    edited March 2011
    Sorry for the double post. But I want to share my first LBP2 level with all you guys.

CONTRA HARD CORPS.

IT IS DONE. Well, almost. Still need to fix some little things, but it's playable and you can finish it. The last boss still needs some tweaking and a decent death scene. I placed a quick little tutorial level at the start of this, so you can learn the basic manouvers. Hope you like and please report any glitches and good ideas to improve this level!

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just got this game, like just now

Yay me!

joshofalltrades on
    edited March 2011
    I just got this game, like just now

Yay me!

Great! Throw me an invite if you ever want to co-op some levels. With me :shock:

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm actually kind of surprised, it seems like this hasn't been picked up or noticed by a sizable portion of PA.

joshofalltrades on
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm actually kind of surprised, it seems like this hasn't been picked up or noticed by a sizable portion of PA.

Eh, the first game kind of got written off by a large portion of the PA community due to its floatiness. Considering they kept the jumping in from the first one, it kept many of those same people away, even with all the other improvements.

Since the community here never really took off, it's been hard for me to work up the desire to power through and complete that level I was working on. Especially with all the other games that have come out and will be coming out soon. And while some of the new MM picks levels are pretty awesome, most are awesome for the novelty factor, rather than the actual fun factor.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire