As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PrePrePax: Tuesday Evening Hangout (March 8th) - JJ Foleys, Kingston St @ 5:30PM

• RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ha! Peet you gotta sleep in some mildew rat infested ditch instead!

Rdr on
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ¬_¬

or, i could just sleep in my hotel room...

(ps, i have roomed with punzie before and SHE FARTS ALL THE TIME ITS TOTALLY GROSS)

(juju prolly does too.)

(and rdr)

(and u)

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    Hey guys, how about getting back on topic.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2011
    So what is a good starting time for the people that have shown interest thus far?

530 since a few get off at 5? Or maybe 6?

Rdr on
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Talked to the owner of JJ Foley's tonight and said we are more than welcome to hang for our game night :)

I usually get off at 6:30. The front of the bar is busy then (I was there today and was paying attention) but there was plenty of seating in the back. :)

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    6:30 sounds good to me

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
    edited February 2011
    Well I'll probably show up about 530 and snag a couple tables. Unless no one else wants to show up then. Punzie..530pm sound good?

Rdr on
  • trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll probably be able to arrive around 6. I did a quick survey of the parking situation and around 6pm, it was actually very easy to get metered parking (just be aware boston meters are on until 8pm now)

trinistand on
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My arrival time is very up in the air. I can plan to be there in time to get to the bar around 5:30.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    edited February 2011
    Just to clarify also that there's apparently 2 JJ Foley's, one on Berkeley street and one on Kingston. The one chosen is the one on Kingston. I missed that while reading the first time around.

At least they're somewhat close to each other just in case lol

trinistand on
    edited March 2011
    punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    edited March 2011
    trinistand wrote: »
    Just to clarify also that there's apparently 2 JJ Foley's, one on Berkeley street and one on Kingston. The one chosen is the one on Kingston. I missed that while reading the first time around.

At least they're somewhat close to each other just in case lol

Yep thats why its specifies which one in the thread subject and OP.

See you soon!

Rdr on
  • MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I will head down after work... so get there roughly around 5:30. I am so learning to be social.

MxWood on
    edited March 2011
    MxWood wrote: »
    I am so learning to be social.

Me too. This year is gonna be awesome though

Rdr on
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I probably won't make it down until 6:30-7ish. Need me to bring any games?

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

edited March 2011
    Khadour wrote: »
    I probably won't make it down until 6:30-7ish. Need me to bring any games?

Yeah bring games. Any tabletop games you want to bring should be fine. I'll have munkin and we'll have two sets of Zombie dice but if 30 people show up we'll need more stuffs.

Rdr on
    edited March 2011
    I'll most likely be driving. If I do, I'll have a bunch of stuff including but not limited to:

San Juan
    Puerto Rico
    Thunderstone
    Dominion + Intrigue
    Zombie Dice
    Race for the Galaxy
    7 Wonders

I also have Agricola, Le Havre, Caylus and a few of the heavier games but I'm not sure that would work too well at the bar. Maybe if there is gaming at the hotel afterwards ;)

Looking forward to this (and Saturday)

trinistand on
    edited March 2011
    My Tuesday is going to be INSANE since I have to be at work at the coffee shop at 5:45 am, have a meeting work meeting for my full-time job near the aquarium at 10 am, work at the bank until 6:30 pm, and I promised my girl friends whom I usually meet with on Tuesdays that I would get one (ONE) drink across the street from JJ's at a party (so I apologize if I'm dressed all funny and have a lot of stuff).

So... I can't wait to see y'all there at around 7! I'll try to check in with the barkeep at lunch-ish about you guys. There's an entire back room by the jukebox and the place will DIE at around 6:45 (especially in the back) so definitely park there and push some tables together. Should make for a swell time :)

juju on
    [E]
    edited March 2011
    Juju and then what time are you and Punzie leaving to get peetsnacks

Rdr on
    edited March 2011
    Snacks'll come in at oh, 9:44 PM thereabouts so we'd probably have to leave at 9:20 at the latest. But if you guys are still there then I'll def try to come back.

juju on
    [E]
  • Icarus027Icarus027 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I live is Boston right now, so I'm down to clown and meet up with you folks. Although the only games mentioned that I've heard of are Catan and Risk (both of which I love). But I do enjoy drinking beer. I've got class until 7 so chances are I'll be showing up at around 7-7:30. Thankfully JJ's isn't too far away from my school. See ya then!

Icarus027 on
    Trust me, I'm (almost) a doctor.
  • SmackdoSmackdo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is it too late to jump in on the festivities?

Smackdo on
  • arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I should investigate getting signed up for these things automatically.

I'll be there, perhaps dragging others with me.

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Smackdo wrote: »

It will not be too late to jump in on these festivities until Wednesday morning . . . well, maybe LATE Wednesday morning. Come on down!

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• SmackdoSmackdo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Khadour wrote: »
    Smackdo wrote: »

It will not be too late to jump in on these festivities until Wednesday morning . . . well, maybe LATE Wednesday morning. Come on down!

SWEET! I will be there then. :) Can't wait to start the festivities.

Smackdo on
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I would comment, but if I do, then MoeFwacky is going to get us all into big, big trouble. Again.

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
    edited March 2011
    Does anyone coming have Apples to Apples? I have heard good things and would like to try it :D

See y'all in 2 days!

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    edited March 2011
    punzie wrote: »
    Does anyone coming have Apples to Apples? I have heard good things and would like to try it :D

See y'all in 2 days!

Where I am staying they have it. I'm sure I can borrow. They have Fluxx too.

Rdr on
  • SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I will probably show up for this as i am in town

Singollo on
  • Mike TooleMike Toole Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm in for a couple of rounds of 7 Wonders! I've got an early call on Wednesday (5am) so I'll probably show early and leave early (where "early" is BEFORE midnight, not afters). See yas there!

Mike Toole on
    edited March 2011
    Mike Toole wrote: »
    I'm in for a couple of rounds of 7 Wonders! I've got an early call on Wednesday (5am) so I'll probably show early and leave early (where "early" is BEFORE midnight, not afters). See yas there!

Dibs on the cornbread pyramid

trinistand on
  • Mike TooleMike Toole Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Newspapers! I need newspapers, carpeting, and cornbread to create my ancient kingdom! :o

Mike Toole on
    edited March 2011
    Mike Toole wrote: »

Newspapers! I need newspapers, carpeting, and cornbread to create my ancient kingdom! :o

Alright alright...I'll make sure to have 7 wonders in tow.

I also have a copy of apples to apples so I'll toss that in the car as well...

trinistand on
  • PorkcpPorkcp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am going to try to show up. I will bring munchkin Chtuhlu and I could bring talisman if ppl wanted to play but if not then just my munchkin.

Porkcp on
  • PorkcpPorkcp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's slightly unclear are we meeting at Foley's or the hotel?

Porkcp on
  • slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Foley's

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Fetch26291Fetch26291 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Boston Bowl, near JFK/UMass station (Red line) is a good bowling place. Open 24/7. Has Ten Pin, Candlepin, Pool, and an arcade.

They do a shuttle between the Boston Bowl and JFK/UMass. You need to walk over to the Sheraton next to Boston Bowl to get it back to JFK.

http://bostonbowl.com/

Fetch26291 on
  • D Versus AD Versus A Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    punzie wrote: »

See y'all in 2 days!

I have a copy of that, along with Taboo that I could bring..Though i wont be up there until i get out of work in southern RI. XD

D Versus A on
    Friend: Wow..what happened to him?
    Me: He dun goofed.
    Friend: .........What?
  • MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Kev & I should be in Boston tomorrow after a hard day sitting on the train from DC playing games. So will need some games to recover. Will see people around 5:30. Will bring whatever games I fit in my bag when we leave the hotel.

MagnusCarter on
    edited March 2011
    I talked to the bartenders over a span of time and stopped in today. It's not like they're "expecting" anyone, but the bar is pretty big and there are plenty of tables you can push together in the back. I checked in with them today because I realized tomorrow is Mardi Gras and they were like, "Nah, it should be all awesome for your friends."

So yeah, show up whenever. Get the tables that slide together and drink the crap outta the place. They have $2 Pabsts and $5 better-type beers as well as shareable good dive bar food. And you can stay as long as you like or as long as your liver can handle :)

I *should* be rolling in about 6:30

juju on
    [E]