As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] League of Tryhards - Best Online Technical

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    I fucking wish they nerfed flash this patch. Jarvan's ult is so pointless against someone with it. :(

That said, I did catch an Ashe in it just before she could kill our Kennen. Alistar in my team had the same idea and ended up headbutting Ashe out of my ring.

.....Why

Edit: Hey, Tiamat does as much damage as a BF sword now, and only costs marginally more to grant you regen + splash. Not bad.
    As with every other ultimate in the game, it will be back up before their Flash is up. Kill them then.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    I fucking wish they nerfed flash this patch. Jarvan's ult is so pointless against someone with it. :(

That said, I did catch an Ashe in it just before she could kill our Kennen. Alistar in my team had the same idea and ended up headbutting Ashe out of my ring.

.....Why

Edit: Hey, Tiamat does as much damage as a BF sword now, and only costs marginally more to grant you regen + splash. Not bad.

Don't use your ult on someone who has their flash up. Flash has a pretty decent cooldown, so save your ult for either after they have blown flash, or put them into a situation where they are forced to use it, then come back 20-30 seconds later and use your ult. This is pretty standard for dealing with flash in general, or any summoner spell that is used to help escape and is on a decent cooldown (flash, ghost, exhaust)

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh, and watch a few of the pro streams (TreeEskimo is probably the most educational) to get an idea of positioning/dangerous levels of health.

Generally:
    -If you don't KNOW you can kill them, don't dive in and think you can.
    -Wards. More Wards.
    -If you can't see them on the minimap, assume they're all waiting in that bush right ahead of you
    -Focus down the damage dealers, not the tanks. That's pew-pew shooting or stabbing guy, not person with 8 million health trying to get your attention.
    -Play each champion at least once alone in a custom game to learn their abilities.
    -Have fun, and don't take it TOO seriously, this game is filled with trolls.

make sure to take all this sound advice...if you're a PUSSY.

-Dive on scumbag champs, all day everyday. Play assholes like leblanc and singed and shit and just blow people up at their towers, it'll make you feel like a badass.

-This game is SERIOUS, and if someone fails even slightly then you're probably going to lose and waste an hour of your life. Make sure to focus in on everyones failure every chance you get, regardless of how small. If a tower falls, make a snide remark about them losing the game for you. Randomly check the CS counter by hitting tab and absolutely tear into anyone with a low amount of creep kills, ESPECIALLY if they solo, god help them.

-Always play carries always and forever, lock one in immidietly. If someone else doesn't pick a tank or jungler cry about it for pretty much the whole game and make sure to let your team know thats why you lost and they should promptly uninstall after the game so that they doing soil the gaming experience for everyone else with their bad aura.

-Buy one or two wards early and place them randomly on the map, make sure to make a big deal about how you're buying wards to the whole team and how they've saved so many lives, jesus. This will hopefully make everyone else feel like wards are awesome and will buy them the rest of the game so you don't have to. Make sure to keep one in your inventory though and keep harping on ward placement.

-you're solo, it's that simple. If someone else tries to call a solo lane just flat out say you solo or you're afk, it'll put them in their place with the quickness and you'll be able to carry in peace.

-Buy skins for your favorite champs, so when you destroy a skinless version on the other team, talk insane amounts of shit to him about him being an imitator and how he shouldn't play your champ anymore because it makes you nauseous. Do this every time he dies.

-Try to never die, ever, even if it means leaving your entire team to die in what would of been an easy victory if you stayed. You can't ever have a bad k/d ratio so that when the shit hits the fan and the bitching starts, you simply point to your 2-0-4 score and tell the feeding fucks to shut the hell up and uninstall because their dragging everyone down around them with their shit eating LoL playing ability.

These tips should be enough to get you through lv 1-20 just about, you'll be set.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    At least I didn't have an issue with Flash as far as that Ashe went. I know how to deal with flash, guys. I'm level 30. That said, it's still fucking annoying and worth bitching about regardless.

What I was bitching about more was the fact that my own teammate butted her out of it. :(

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I ULT PEOPLE WITH FLASH UP AS JARVAN

THEN I DRAGON STRIKE TO THEM BROS AND SMASH THEM BETWEEN THE CREAMY THIGHS OF DEMACIAN JUSTICE

wait what

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I ULT PEOPLE WITH FLASH UP AS JARVAN

THEN I DRAGON STRIKE TO THEM BROS AND SMASH THEM BETWEEN THE CREAMY THIGHS OF DEMACIAN JUSTICE

wait what

I'm glad you included this, it saved me from having to post it :)

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ad amumu going well so far

2 double kills

let's keep it up mens

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Amumu is so much better since they changed tantrum.

Nisi on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, Mumu is a top tier tank again

We saw him picked a LOT in the ESL tourney

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ap amumu is where it is at

Jars on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Even at level 30 now, no one, ever, buys any fucking wards. I myself only fell into the habit after I started jungling regularly, but fuck....if you're back at spawn and you have an extra 100 gold lying around, buy a ward already! Biggest pet peeve.

Had a wonderful round last night on my Nasus main. Our jungling WW (who must have been around age 13) just shit talked our team the entire time. Someone dies, he fills chat with noob, uninstall please, blah blah bullshit. Then he lays into me because I tried to come through the jungle and surprise a team fight from behind. And yeah, I kind of blew it, I didn't realize they were losing the fight, I was planning to catch runners, but my team all died.

Was a strange game, the entire team kept throwing itself into the grinder, fighting outnumbered in the jungle, overextending way past towers to pick fights, and after a bit I said fuck it, just gonna keep farming up my Q, to which he just raaaaggged out over when I left them all in the jungle to die. I had the last laugh though, we eventually came back and won it, with good help from a farmed Nasus who once he got his build finished was fucking dudes up left and right. Shut that fucker right up.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    team 2 heavy

not even ad amumu could save them

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is there a consensus on the most cost effective IP boost? Looking at rune and champion costs added up is pretty intimidating

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yes.

The consensus is:

Work out how many games you play a day.
    Look at cost of boosts.
    Do some mathematics.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    We need more people on this board with avatars wearing sunglasses.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Saldonas wrote: »

Is THAT what is all over Lux's face in your avatar?

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Is THAT what is all over Lux's face in your avatar?

Yeah, it's Lady Lux with her cigarette sunglasses =P

There, back to the original.

Saldonas on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Morello wrote:
    Hey all,

We forgot to include a change to slow stacking in the patch notes. I wanted to let you guys know the change;

Previous system:

Diminishing return for slows kicks in at a given number. This means that the first slow you put on someone might have been hitting diminishing returns and slowing for a little less than intended.

New system:

The first slow you put on a target always slows for the amount stated. Subsequent slows remain multiplicative, but slows beyond the highest % slow are cut in half (and then applied fully).

General implication: Single slows will be as strong or stronger than before. Multiple slows should be weaker than before.

Saldonas on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I removed my old deal w/ it shades wobbuffet in favor of the new animated sprite.

I an deeply sorry

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hi all,

Kinda new to LoL, been playing for about 3 weeks now and at level 10. I really never had any problem with playing any champion in the past but Annie seems like it's my worst champion. I can't solo with her and can't support team with her. She just dies so damn easily to any kind of tank or dps.

I would like your suggestions to playing better.

AhiMahi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    With Annie it's important to save your stun. Last hit with your auto-attack, not your Q, most of the time you only want to use Q for last hits in order to charge up your stun. Once it's charged, save it for harassment or to protect yourself.

In teamfights hang WAY back at the beginning and wait for everyone to group up and fight. Then jump in and Tibbers everyone.

I wouldn't worry too much about mastering any one champion right now though. It's more important when you're just starting out to dabble in all champions and learn every ability in the game.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    For those asking for tips:

Number 1 tip is act as a team:

- Call MIA. Esp. when on vent. There's no such thing as "laning phase is over." If you have info you think is pertinent, communicate it.

- If your lane leaves to murder your teammates, both warn them AND follow (in most cases. Some exceptions may apply) so you can be part of the coming 3v3 instead of it being a 2v3.

- Wards on dragon and Baron always. Others are on a case by case basis. Wriggle's is good on almost all AD based characters and gives infinite (1 per 3 min) free wards.

- Play 5 man premades, talk on the PA vent, etc.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Even at level 30 now, no one, ever, buys any fucking wards. I myself only fell into the habit after I started jungling regularly, but fuck....if you're back at spawn and you have an extra 100 gold lying around, buy a ward already! Biggest pet peeve.

I've been averaging 20 wards/game since the patch.
    it is so, so fucking awesome to be able to keep 5-10 at a time with you.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    OremLK wrote: »
    With Annie it's important to save your stun. Last hit with your auto-attack, not your Q, most of the time you only want to use Q for last hits in order to charge up your stun. Once it's charged, save it for harassment or to protect yourself.

In teamfights hang WAY back at the beginning and wait for everyone to group up and fight. Then jump in and Tibbers everyone.

I wouldn't worry too much about mastering any one champion right now though. It's more important when you're just starting out to dabble in all champions and learn every ability in the game.

When he says "Jump in" he doesn't actually mean get close in on the fight by the way. You should still be hanging waaaaaay the fuck back at the max range of your spells. No reason to ever get closer than that considering your auto attack had absurd range as well. Get close enough for your Tibbers and Fan of flames to hit everyone then back right on up.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Right, I just meant "join in the fight" by "jump in". To clarify :P

OremLK on
  • Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for the tips Orem and Delph. Will try it out tonight.

I have been trying out all free champions regardless of what I think of them to learn their strength and weakless. So, far there hasn't been clear #1 champion I thought he/she/it would be my go to champion. I do really well with Teemo, Xin, Tristana and Maokai. I have about 4400IP saved up and would like your opinion on what champion I should buy.

AhiMahi on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tristiana is free if you friend League of Legends on Facebook, I think it is her / still is.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I have about 4400IP saved up and would like your opinion on what champion I should buy.

To be honest keep your ip saved for DEM RUNEZ

much better just to go through a few weeks of free champs and maybe get a few 450 heroes to tide you over and find out what you like

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Agreed. Don't bother with runes until you can purchase tier 3 runes. Anything before that, while useful, becomes obsolete forever and you end up re-buying the same runes for tier 3. As far as champs, purchase the ones you like to play with so you can keep playing them even when they're not free. Ashe is by far, the most popular cheap IP champ, but to each his own.

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tristiana is free if you friend League of Legends on Facebook, I think it is her / still is.

Yeah that's how I got her just recently so I assume it's still up

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Agreed. Don't bother with runes until you can purchase tier 3 runes. Anything before that, while useful, becomes obsolete forever and you end up re-buying the same runes for tier 3. As far as champs, purchase the ones you like to play with so you can keep playing them even when they're not free. Ashe is by far, the most popular cheap IP champ, but to each his own.

Bad advice warning.

Buy all T1 runes as soon as the slots become available, and then swap over. The 20 IP a rune costs will be offset by the greater amount of wins / less yelling at you by teammates from an early purchase.

You can also combine them to get a T3 rune in the end anyhow.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nisi wrote: »
    wait Nisi is a chick?

for realzies?

I always thought you were a dude

wut? this makes me sad considering i've talked to you on vent. lawl.

To be fair, even when I've talked to you on vent I never associated you as "that person with the avatar of the horrible MtG card".

Seriously, that card sucks. :P

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    yeah not buying t1 runes is dumb. they cost nothing and can have a big impact over people without them. you can always combine them later

Jars on
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ryadic wrote: »
    wait Nisi is a chick?

for realzies?

I always thought you were a dude

wut? this makes me sad considering i've talked to you on vent. lawl.

To be fair, even when I've talked to you on vent I never associated you as "that person with the avatar of the horrible MtG card".

Seriously, that card sucks. :P

I love that card, it's so much fun. I loved my esper deck. I should probably update my avatar to something yordle related.

Nisi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    AhiMahi wrote: »
    Hi all,

Kinda new to LoL, been playing for about 3 weeks now and at level 10. I really never had any problem with playing any champion in the past but Annie seems like it's my worst champion. I can't solo with her and can't support team with her. She just dies so damn easily to any kind of tank or dps.

I would like your suggestions to playing better.

You sound like me. I would give you the advice I gave myself... quit playing her.

I just don't find her enjoyable. I don't like her skill set, she is way too squishie for my tastes, and, aside from her stun, she doesn't have escapes.

Personally for casters I like Anivia, Heimer, and Veigar. Anivia is one of the hardest champions in the game to learn, but it is so rewarding when you can do well with her. Heimer is still kind of underpowered because his turrets are still bugged. Veigar is the easier of the 3 to learn.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I should probably update my avatar to something yordle related.

You'll receive no argument from me. :)
    In all fairness one of my favorite cards of all time is Korlash. Not exactly the best card either.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    why do people think anivia is one of the hardest champions in the game to learn again
    you just use E and then R while E is in transit

the end

unintentional on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    why do people think anivia is one of the hardest champions in the game to learn again
    you just use E and then R while E is in transit

the end

Wall placement primarily and the fact she needs to combo to do damage well.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Swain becomes more interesting the more I play him.

How are others building & skilling him?

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I tend to forget swain even exists most of the time

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png