As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] League of Tryhards - Best Online Technical

• Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so I forgot a bought shaco last week on a whim and decided to play him after failing miserably in an inhouse.
    iw4yl5.png

all kinds of fucked up. and this is after I completely screwed my jungle my accidently getting decieve first and after our kog d/c for 10 minutes. apparently no amount of nerfs can stop this jack ass.
    Swain becomes more interesting the more I play him.

How are others building & skilling him?

My swain has a pretty static build, Rylai's to RoA, abyssal scepter, dfg, Death cap. go q, e, w, eeeeeee till maxed, sometimes I get a second point in q early on. land W's, insta kill on most squishy champs. E, Q, ult, ignite does deceptively high damage. once you get dfg you just fuck people in the ass. You could evevn replace the deathcap with a more tanky item.

<3 swain. I write fanfics with him and Leblanc as childhood friends who strive for the dominacne of Noxus, or something.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Swain becomes more interesting the more I play him.

How are others building & skilling him?

catalyst, sorc shoes, rylai's, finish the rod of ages, spirit visage maybe, deathcap maybe, zhonya's maybe

unintentional on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    why do people think anivia is one of the hardest champions in the game to learn again
    you just use E and then R while E is in transit

the end

She is incredible squishie.

Her Q is very difficult to land without practice.

Her wall takes a lot of getting used to.

In order to be effective with her, you need to land the combo constantly.

Ult placement is very important in teamfights, otherwise why even bother joining?

She is extremely item dependent.

She can go through mana faster than any champion in the game, so not knowing how to use her abilities properly can really put you at a disadvantage.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    @Nisi what card is that in your av?

@Sokpuppet I usually go EWEQER, R->E->W->Q. Maybe take W or Q first if you think you can get First Blood using it with a lane mate. His Torment is so good for harassing and it buffs the damage of all his other abilities. Rylai's is great on him, building him more AP Tank is generally more effective then going AP Carry.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ryadic wrote: »
    why do people think anivia is one of the hardest champions in the game to learn again

the end

Ult placement is very important in teamfights, otherwise why even bother joining?

She can go through mana faster than any champion in the game, so not knowing how to use her abilities properly can really put you at a disadvantage.

squishy: see passive
    q difficult to land: not when they're slowed from her ultimate
    wall takes getting used to: don't use it if you aren't sure it'll work, you'll still be doing tons of damage CC
    "land the combo constantly": use e, use r while e is in mid air, turn off r. that isn't a challenge in any sense.
    ult placement is important in teamfights: yeah okay maybe but so is EVERY OTHER CHARACTER'S
    she is extremely item dependent: nope. her base damage is ridiculous and she has 1:1 scaling on frostbite, so any items you get are super effective.
    She goes through mana: get blue buff. Anivia is basically the highest priority "give me blue buff" champ in the game, tell your jungler to screw off after you hit level six

edit: Also she farms RIDICULOUSLY well so you don't get to claim that she's item dependent as a disability

unintentional on
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Naphtali wrote: »
    @Nisi what card is that in your av?

@Sokpuppet I usually go EWEQER, R->E->W->Q. Maybe take W or Q first if you think you can get First Blood using it with a lane mate. His Torment is so good for harassing and it buffs the damage of all his other abilities. Rylai's is great on him, building him more AP Tank is generally more effective then going AP Carry.
    7.jpg

I love combo decks and yordles. Hate Teemos.

Nisi on
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh, and every time I get a game against an Ashe, they pretty much spend midgame shooting arrows at me.

Why is this?

@Nisi

wow, that card is bullshit. Sure hope they never printed it...

Edit: Extended legal.... glad I stopped paying attention to competitive MtG years ago.

Sokpuppet on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oh godddd that card

now I remember why I quit magic

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Oh, and every time I get a game against an Ashe, they pretty much spend midgame shooting arrows at me.

Why is this?

@Nisi

wow, that card is bullshit. Sure hope they never printed it...

Edit: Extended legal.... glad I stopped paying attention to competitive MtG years ago.

Most the time I played it the opposing player would have a solution before I was able to use it's ability. If I was able to use the ability though it was gg.

Nisi on
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I love combo decks too, but after playing Long.dec... nothing really held my interest.
    Because I had played the perfect deck.

Sokpuppet on
  • Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I JUST made a shitty artifact deck yesterday with 2 of those in it.

also, any cool shaco builds not involving bloodrazor? I was thinking something like bloodthirster, wiggles, IE, GA, and yeah, YEAH, trinity force. I assume after the devieve, you get the 150% damage from trinity + the 120% damage bonus from decieve, then the 20% from attacking from behind...I want big backstab crits...

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, Master Transmuter really doesn't see a lot of play in tournaments. It's a fantastic card for Commander (Formerly EDH), Esper is the best colors for it. Sadly Sharuum is a house banned general where I play. He is really broken in the format.

Umm, something LoL related....I wish I had PAX Jax.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am testing out some jungle alistar shenanigans

and so far it seems "viable" to "good"

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    untitled3.png
    xin'lol mczhao

Man, I hate being on the receiving team of a beat down like that. Try try try to get your team to surrender, but noooooooo, we want to continue being anally violated instead.

Dark_Side on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I tried that, it's fun running out right after blue and headbutting someone into a tower. he's so slow though you have to blow ghost

Jars on
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Taking some time to change some of the splashscreen art again. Cannot get over this difference.
    LuxChinaGG.jpg

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jars wrote: »

I tried that, it's fun running out right after blue and headbutting someone into a tower. he's so slow though you have to blow ghost

i start at double golems, less risky

and it's amazing how many options you have as jungle alistar

it's like playing shaco

SuMa.Lustre on
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jarvan is such fantastic fun. Picking out a poor squishy sucker and stabbing them in the face with my giant spear is the bestest. Spearrssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

the end

squishy: see passive
    wall takes getting used to: don't use it if you aren't sure it'll work, you'll still be doing tons of damage CC
    "land the combo constantly": use e, use r while e is in mid air, turn off r. that isn't a challenge in any sense.
    ult placement is important in teamfights: yeah okay maybe but so is EVERY OTHER CHARACTER'S
    she is extremely item dependent: nope. her base damage is ridiculous and she has 1:1 scaling on frostbite, so any items you get are super effective.
    She goes through mana: get blue buff. Anivia is basically the highest priority "give me blue buff" champ in the game, tell your jungler to screw off after you hit level six

edit: Also she farms RIDICULOUSLY well so you don't get to claim that she's item dependent as a disability

Remind me to never play with you...

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jesus cock Jarvan is ridiculous.

With rank 5 stab, 3 points in sunder, and a ghostblade he ignores 35 armor. Basically, all of the armor of his targets in early game.

Once you get to the endgame and add on a Black Cleaver, he ignores 95 armor. Making it pointless to upgrade any armor, unless you're fully stacking it.

And if Jarvan get a starks (or hopefully an ally gets one for you), ignores 122 armor, and puts anyone below 87 armor in the negatives. Basically, if your only piece of armor is a Randuin's, good luck.

zerg rush on
    edited March 2011
    Cutfang wrote: »
    Jarvan is such fantastic fun. Picking out a poor squishy sucker and stabbing them in the face with my giant spear is the bestest. Spearrssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

I'm really -really- tempted to pick him up with his commando skin.

Saldonas on
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

You can't actually do this anymore with the ult changes. Unless you're willing to blow 300+ mana on doing less than 300 damage, in which case go for it as long as you've got blue buff and multiple RoAs.

zerg rush on
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    jarvan fucking owns

my favorite melee by far

also: did you know his flag gives vision? and that you can teleport to it????

you can throw it up a ledge and have your team teleport to it for shenanigans

Feels Good Man on
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just unlocked Jarvan. Fun as hell but he is definitely going to get nerfed a bit.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was pondering something....does anyone know if Xin's Ult applies on hit effects?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    it doesn't

Feels Good Man on
    edited March 2011
    If you have armour pen runes and 3 points in sunder you ignore 31 armour at level 1. I'm pretty sure % based armour pen comes after flat so stacking armour pen items might not actually be so good for him. I've just been going all tanky with an atmas but next game I might try for the high damage with life steal approach. So many choices, wee.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    it doesn't

Damn......was looking at Tiamat and thinking about it actually being useful if you could Charge in and Ult at least 3 people.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    With the minion changes and such I'm wondering if Tiamat might see more play, so you could push up to someone's tower faster. I was always a fan of Battle Fury from DoTA. I'll need to try out Tiaplank soon.

Saldonas on
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Talith wrote: »
    Taking some time to change some of the splashscreen art again. Cannot get over this difference.
    LuxChinaGG.jpg

wow.

just wow.

why do we get full retard lux?

4rch3nemy on
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Cutfang wrote: »
    If you have armour pen runes and 3 points in sunder you ignore 31 armour at level 1. I'm pretty sure % based armour pen comes after flat so stacking armour pen items might not actually be so good for him. I've just been going all tanky with an atmas but next game I might try for the high damage with life steal approach. So many choices, wee.

Does LW stack additively or multiplicatively?

programjunkie on
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    multiplicatively LW

4rch3nemy on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Saldonas wrote: »
    With the minion changes and such I'm wondering if Tiamat might see more play, so you could push up to someone's tower faster. I was always a fan of Battle Fury from DoTA. I'll need to try out Tiaplank soon.

tiamats arent all that bad

but they arent the glory that was battle fury in dota

mainly because they dont really enable you to farm any better

which was a big appeal to cleave, you could like super stack some jungle camps and then laugh all the way to the bank as you kill the entire stack in no time with your cleave

and then you have regen to boot!

caveat: everyone should always stack tiamats

always

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
    edited March 2011
    gonna do a stack tiamat game with jarvan

get like 4 dudes in my ult and go wild

note: it's not going to work

but it will own

Feels Good Man on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So Swain is super fun , Trundle for jungle and Swain for lane. Now if I could stop getting these things as teammates in solo queue lol

EspantaPajaro on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nisi wrote: »
    I should probably update my avatar to something yordle related.

You'll receive no argument from me. :)
    In all fairness one of my favorite cards of all time is Korlash. Not exactly the best card either.

you kiddin me? my friend had a pretty good mono black korlash control deck once shadowmoor reprinted corrupt. four of those and four tendrils of corruption with extra korlashes searching up more swamps for giiiiant lifesteal was awesome. wish i remembered more cards in the deck...

now i wanna do monoblack lifesteal myself... I wonder if that'll work in standard now

also bagel if you are right about percent going after flat I'd better rethink my brutalized ghostblade stacking arpen build I have been soon on jarvan...

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited March 2011
    Time for the pro team to kick some ass.
    demacia.jpg

Judgementing their Annie at level 1 reallllyyy reallly helps our mid out.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    gonna do a stack tiamat game with jarvan

get like 4 dudes in my ult and go wild

note: it's not going to work

but it will own

holy shit this gave me the best idea

okay

feel this

tiamat anivia

slow everybody, wall them off

and then slam em with your splash attack
    magikarp

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tiaplank is amazing fyi.

Push lanes like a champ and you just melt bros in team fights. Turns your Q from a sniper shot to a nuke.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg