As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mortal Kombat

Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm aRegistered User, Disagreeable regular
edited June 2011 in Social Entropy++
xqkh1i.gifxqkh1i.gifxqkh1i.gifxqkh1i.gifxqkh1i.gifxqkh1i.gif

Who grabbed this? Shit's hot

Xbox Gamertags:

Anjin-San - ThatWrongLove
Bedigunz - Bedigunz
Blankzilla - blankspace2471
Cunt Eastwood - Tomtomfoolery
Keith - A Tiny Dinosaur
Raijin Quickfoot - RaijinQ
spono - Spono Wolf
tsplitter - tsplitter

Playstation Network:

Dr. Ian Malcolm - QuestionMarkMan
Kuribo's Shoe - kuribosshoe
Nogs - NogsMPLS
QuestionMarkMan - QuestionMarkMan
ShimSham - ShimmitySham
The Sneak! - TheSneak
tsplitter - tsplitter

Garlic Bread on

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is there no 360 exclusive character?

Booooo

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There's supposed to be, but they haven't said anything about it yet.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    360 exclusive character will be Bill Gates

Hunter on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2011
    In a previous Game Informer they said they were considering doing one, but if they did it wouldn't be at the level they're doing Kratos at (with an actual stage and everything with it)

Garlic Bread on
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Is there no 360 exclusive character?

Booooo

Yoda.

MereHappenstance on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Shutupshutupshutup, the 360 character has to be Ezio d'Auditore IT WOULD BE SO BADASS.

KalTorak on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    But that's not even a 360 exclusive series

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2011
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Shutupshutupshutup, the 360 character has to be Ezio d'Auditore IT WOULD BE SO BADASS.

that doesn't even make sense!

Garlic Bread on
    edited March 2011
    But that's not even a 360 exclusive series

And Brotherhood has PS3 exclusive missions

Garlic Bread on
    edited March 2011
    Well, he'd fit better with the setting/style than master chef or marcus fenix

Alucard6986 on
    edited March 2011

It would be Desmond instead. His fatality would be to confuse you with the plot and gut stab some random person didn't think was going to die.

Hunter on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't care!
    Well, he'd fit better with the setting/style than master chef or marcus fenix

Exactly!

KalTorak on
    edited March 2011
    Then again, there are other characters in the game that do have guns. So marcus fenix isn't that out of the question, especially with the chainsaw and all.

And it's not like it doesn't already have cyborgs and robots and aliens, so I guess master chief technically wouldn't stand out that much either.

Alucard6986 on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    They put a Spartan in Dead or Alive, I don't think that Chief or Marcus would be out of place in MK at all

This is a game that has cyborg ninjas, a commando with cyborg arms, and a ninja that is a lizardman, for reference

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited March 2011
    It should be Commander Shepard.

Hunter on
    edited March 2011
    I feel like Fenix would fit better in a game like Soul Calibur, where giant weapons are more the norm. MK has weapons, but the main thing is hand-to-hand stuff. Other than stomping on heads and chainsawing, he doesn't do much up-close fighting.

KalTorak on
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ash Ketchum will be the new exclusive character. His fatalities involve ruining your bike and being jealous of Gary Oak.

MereHappenstance on
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_65PioV_Ow&feature=related

Edit. Sweet. Paul Blartt, Mall Cop is in this.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mortal Kombat is the first series where I noticed game designers hating my guts and wanting me to feel really stressed out

They didn't even try to hide the cheating! It's so clearly obvious that the computer can read your inputs and start the appropriate counter before your move comes out

I think that's where the anger began to build and burn inside me at a very young age

joshofalltrades on
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I wonder if anything ever happened with that web series they were doing with Mortal Kombat.

Burden of Proof on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm totally ready for some head-ripping, shoulder-popping, jaw-breaking, x-ray smashing, face-fucking Kombat.

Also, I really am excited for this game. I like to kill things after punchisizing their heads...for free.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man the mortal kombat theme is 90s as fuck

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dude, it's back to the old side scrolling style? I will buy this, and I will ruin Kratos' day.

Jacques L'Homme on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    TEST YOUR FIGHT

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hunter wrote: »

It would be Desmond instead. His fatality would be to confuse you with the plot and gut stab some random person didn't think was going to die.

Man I never did finish AC2

I just recall how a minstrel would come bounding towards me and strike up a song and I'd skewer him and keep on walking

Completely accidentally, of course

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    EZIO DIDN'T DO THAT

Hm well it looks to me as if you are in denial, Animus

I clearly saw it happen just now

joshofalltrades on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fucking minstrels.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited March 2011
    I wonder if the Animus could be used to frame one of your relatives

Get video capture going, take possession of your pappy and go around slaughtering people

What

joshofalltrades on
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I wonder if anything ever happened with that web series they were doing with Mortal Kombat.

It's still getting made

DrIanMalcolm on
  • CowardlyCowardly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Can we post anything Mortal Kombat related?

I still want this to be made
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd4HAtUEdAw

thats actually quite low quality, should find the original.

edit: Oh is this the web series?

Cowardly on
  • redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    End wrote: »
    Fucking minstrels.

Leave that up to Tellah's daughter

redfenix on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    redfenix wrote: »
    End wrote: »
    Fucking minstrels.

Leave that up to Tellah's daughter

Nice.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I call Cyrax

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The usual SE++ fighting game crowd doesn't seem to be in here, so I don't know if anyone will care about shit like frame data or whatever. But, it's a good read if you do

Why you should be worried about Mortal Kombat by Sixth Axis

edit: and I guess this is applicable to competitive video games as a whole and their need to involve the community in development

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Eh, I'm not really expecting this game to be balanced and plan to only play with friends anyways.

I'm one of the people that managed to get UMK3 for XBLA before they removed it, and playing that online with strangers was terrible. A never-ending sea of robo-Smoke spamming his teleport attack over and over and then spamming you with hate mail for having the audacity to block it and counter (and don't you dare perform a Fatality on them!).

So yeah, totally plan to stick with just friends on this one so I won't really have to worry about infinites or anything.

Lars on
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Giant Bomb does a thing talking with the dudes who are making Skull Girls. Actually looks like a pretty great fighter. Just wish they would put some dudes in there so it would be even more like Darkstalkers

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-skullgirls/17-3845/

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    YES

STRYKER

also I don't care if this game is super balanced and competitive, it's fucking Mortal Kombat and that is awesome.

Moriveth on
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    damn that single player stuff for this game looks pretty sweet

Franko on
    edited March 2011
    This is the trailer that made me pay attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJJGbFrfWAY

KalTorak on
    edited March 2011
    Futore wrote: »
    The usual SE++ fighting game crowd doesn't seem to be in here, so I don't know if anyone will care about shit like frame data or whatever. But, it's a good read if you do

Why you should be worried about Mortal Kombat by Sixth Axis

edit: and I guess this is applicable to competitive video games as a whole and their need to involve the community in development

Mortal Kombat doesn't have the same crowd as those (the crowd is Asians)

I don't really care. I don't play MK competitively, I just have fun with it and I can be halfway decent at it (because it's probably broken and I play cheaply).

I know Ed Boon has said in some interviews that they're also being a lot more secretive with stuff to get back to that feeling of when you played MK3 and someone pulled out a bablity or friendship and you were just like "what the hell where did that come from" (without confirming babilities/friendships). I'm glad for that, although the Internet kind of kills it.

plus that article mentions Tekken 6 and I heard that was stupid

Garlic Bread on