As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade Toys!

• BergamotBergamot Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Canis wrote:
    Sure, some characters like Batjew would be neat, but really, when's the last time we saw Batjew?
    20020802h.gif

Bergamot on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2006
    Jesus must be throing the Horns. it would be perfect. 8)

Unknown User on
    edited February 2006
    As long as we're on the subject of possibilities, a "Merch" set would be tizzight.

Unknown User on
  • I IRCI IRC Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    SLiFE wrote:
    Every Tycho action figure should be accessorized with a bucket on roller skates.

YES
    YES
    YES

Also no Jesus, thanks. What is it with you people and him? Charles's the way to go.

I IRC on
    edited February 2006
    What... no Porkfry ??

A Porkfry figure would certainly inspire me to purchase your toys.
    Cause Porkfry roxorz!
    :twisted:

Unknown User on
  • ThingusEaterThingusEater Registered User new member
    edited February 2006
    I'm thinking Jesus definately. Annarchy probaby. And hopefully the friendly Zombie, just outside the window looking in. trying to hold back tears perhaps? that would make me happy.

ThingusEater on
  • NubileYoungMaleNubileYoungMale Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I must have have CTS battling the Canids for the fate of the world, with Jesus throwing the horns (of course) in the background and Gabe doing Tycho "Execution Style" with a NERF Sharp Shooter sitting on my desk. I will settle for poly resin, if this cannot be arranged in person.

Yes.

NubileYoungMale on
    What I don't get, is why Canada hasn't invaded...
    edited February 2006
    Also add Annarchy with an axe somewhere in there. I don't know why, but I imagine that if Annarchy where a character in Dynasty Warriors, she would wield a giant axe and KILL EVERYTHING. That would be sweet.

NubileYoungMale on
    edited February 2006
    Annarchy needs lots more love up there in the percentages, though I must say that CTS is pretty rockin'. First choice is obviously Jesus, as long as he is indeed throwing up the horns.
    /obviously
    //totally new user... could you tell?

Unknown User on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    Maallik wrote:
    What... no Porkfry ??

A Porkfry figure would certainly inspire me to purchase your toys.
    Cause Porkfry roxorz!
    :twisted:

Ah, good call.

Porkfry would be great to have in one of the sets.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited February 2006
    Pagz wrote:
    I cast my vote for Annarchy. And also that dog alien who wants to subjugate us with frisbee.

This guy knows what he's talking about.

Also, there's gotta be a jesus.

Unknown User on
    edited February 2006
    I registered just to vote on this topic. I too vote for Jesus, throwing Der Hornen.

Unknown User on
  • IceJediIceJedi Registered User new member
    edited February 2006
    come on, its all about Charls.
    He's in charge of our days and our nights... mostly...

--Ice Jedi--

IceJedi on
  • KilogreKilogre Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    mouse_face wrote:
    u kno, i think a jacl thomson figure would b funny, but only if i had a cts....so i could hit J T with it ^^ yes, i would play pretend with tthese! shaddup!!....(preparing to to b flamed)
    Did... did you just have a seizure?

Kilogre on
    sig.pl?Kilogre
    sigattach21wl.gif
  • AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Yeah Jesus needs to be in there. I'd support Anarchy too if I had another vote and then maybe charles, just because he's such a classic character.

Amigu on
    BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
  • ZipsZips Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet...

But could there be an appearance of "the watch" on either the Gabe or Tycho figures?

Otherwise, CTS received my vote, but Jesus Christ would be right up there as well.

Zips on
    SZips.gif
    Community Manager at MyIS
  • DarkHorseSkiDarkHorseSki Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Zips wrote:
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet...

But could there be an appearance of "the watch" on either the Gabe or Tycho figures?

Yes, it has been mentioned, by me and at least a couple other times.

I would think that each collection could almost have a different version/pose of Gabe and Tycho along with 3 new characters. CTS could obviously be one of the Gabe incarnations. And, instead of trying to have some watch that could be moved from character to character, you could simply alternate between sets.

A variant of the Tycho figure could include eyes that light up nice and red at the push of some inconspicuous button (or by a hidden switch...)

Polls could be run to determine which Tycho and with Gabe pose are included with each set as they are created.

DarkHorseSki on
    "No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    KHOO

edit:also, Gabe should have a bag (wavebird), money, and a dragon

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • RiotcowRiotcow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    there should be a boddah

or a fag

Riotcow on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    who was that guy who was hanging out at E3 when Gabe was enamored with the Salad Tossing simulator?

the guy who wants to kill everyone?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited February 2006
    How about the Obsidian Spurs or Kansas City Hotsteppers? Or Mr. Period and the Bad Boys of Punctuation?

Unknown User on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Guys, guys.

We're missing the big picture here.

Claw Shrimp.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    what was the name of that zombie who was wearing the tycho shirt? Yeah that guy.

Projeck on
    edited February 2006
    How bout the Zombie, or even Nemesis...I mean Geoff.

Unknown User on
  • WoodyWoody Registered User new member
    edited February 2006
    The Merch

You can never have enough merch

And I'm not sying that because the flesh ripper is at my door

Woody on
    <iframe src="http://diggcard.com/show.aspx?username=
    Pendragon" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="190" width="214"> </iframe>
  • The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Chopper4 wrote:
    How bout the Zombie, or even Nemesis...I mean Geoff.
    Nemesis as well as having the Pac-Man image on Gabe would be problematic considering other folks own the licenses on them thar products.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    Hey, I hadn't thought about that. PA's gonna have to work out some kind of liscence deal with Namco, won't they?

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Hey, I hadn't thought about that. PA's gonna have to work out some kind of liscence deal with Namco, won't they?
    I think they tried something like this in the past or thought about it. WAY to much red tape to worry about it.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
    edited February 2006
    I would like to see the Fruit Fucker 2000 as a toy...

Unknown User on
  • disquieterdisquieter Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I would like to see the Fruit Fucker 2000 as a toy...

*cough*

disquieter on
    edited February 2006
    Guys, guys.

We're missing the big picture here.

Claw Shrimp.

So. True.

NubileYoungMale on
  • entropykidentropykid Registered User regular
    edited February 2006

Um, havent PA been using the Pacman logo in their merchandise for a few years now?

I remember there was spose to be a PA toy announcement at San Diego comic con last year...I am guessing now these toys will be shown(but not sold) at this years San Diego comic con(again, usually the way these things work) yet will have a variety of cool new PA toys to sell(most likely a Merch plush)

entropykid on
    edited February 2006
    The diorama display stand should be just liek the old Star Wars displays back in the day. Even rotating bases and all characters need light sabres.

Unknown User on
    edited February 2006
    My dream set would be:

1) Tycho
    2) Gabe
    3) Annarchy
    4) Jesus throwing the horns
    5) Cardboard Tube Samurai

In that order (Except for Tycho and Gabe, those are tied for first)

Unknown User on
    edited February 2006
    Can the CTS have a detachable CT and a kung foo grip?
    What about an Ann one?
    That would be rad

Unknown User on
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Hello i have just joined today and cannot read i want fruit fucker toy now

But seriously, Gabe, Tycho, Charles, The Zombie, and a change of clothes and a tube for Gabe to transform him into the CTS.

Prolegomena on
    edited February 2006
    I like the Cardboard Tube Samurai; however, as mentioned earlier, then the set becomes Gabe heavy. To restore balance and order to this set of action figures before it spirals to the unspeakable doom caused by uneven distribution of Gabes there needs to be an un-Gabe… an anti-Gabe… another damn Tycho. How about that broom wearing Tycho’s sweater? That would restore order to the universe.

I also like the zombie. He doesn’t come into the strip much but is very important to many, many video games. And he invokes a bit of sympathy. While I might be tempted to strap a firecracker to Gabe and send him on a raid into the Barbie village, the zombie I might display with a little loving care next to my gel cushioned mouse pad. Because he wears Tycho’s sweater, he’d balance out the Gabitricity of CTS but add some diversity in the sense that very few PA characters have rotting flesh.

However, in having two Gabes and two Tychos there is only room for one other character. A better mix would be to have Gabe, Tycho, JC, Frank (the set needs an antagonist – fat, old, and angry is a good contrast in the absence of a rotting reanimated corpse), and Annarchy. I hear the concerns about giving adult men little figurines of an eleven year old girl – both because it’s un-masculine and questionable what some will be doing with her… To this I say that some femininity is needed for balance. Anarchy being a better choice than the wives because there is only one of her, AND she’s a hard core gamer. She’ll ride with Samsonite, Tumi and Kenneth Cole just to get to E3. Besides, anyone with perverse plans for toys of 11 year old girls already has a full set of Kim Possible figurines.

I have to cast lots with the girl.

Unknown User on
    edited February 2006
    entropykid wrote:

Um, havent PA been using the Pacman logo in their merchandise for a few years now?

I remember there was spose to be a PA toy announcement at San Diego comic con last year...I am guessing now these toys will be shown(but not sold) at this years San Diego comic con(again, usually the way these things work) yet will have a variety of cool new PA toys to sell(most likely a Merch plush)

Their use of the Pacman logo in the comic strip falls under fair use. If they started making money off of it, say by selling figurines, they'd be in the shit.

NubileYoungMale on
    edited February 2006
    The Pacman logo appears on at least 2 shirts and 1 poster that PA sells already.

Unknown User on
  • RapscallionRapscallion Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    Voted for hayseuss.

Rapscallion on