As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STEAM | gaben@valvesoftware.com/mooleyftw

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks gilrain.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Phurreh wrote: »
    Someone give me a good reason not to buy Space Channel 5: Part 2 on Steam.
    Quick, I fear for my money ;;

Wait, what? When did this happen?
    Holy hell.

Well, Sega's newly-announced strategy for the consoles has been to try and release some of the Dreamcast library. Everything apart from SC5 2 is just a digital version of a pre-existing PC port from years back, though - and I seem to recall they weren't brillliant with the tweakability and stuff like gamepad support. So if they actually went to the trouble to port Space Channel 5 specifically, why the second one?

Honestly, all I want is my Shenmue I&II bundle with multi-language support and custom resolutions. Then I'll get to play through all of the wanky sequel mods that will inevitably surface.

Bioptic on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A lot of games arent available in Japan anyways so it's not toooo surprising :)

Alegis on
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I might actually be willing to buy a copy of Typing of the Dead if they put one up there.

subedii on
  • Death_ClawDeath_Claw Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ok this needs to be said again, SpaceChem is an AWESOME puzzle game. It´s basic mechanics are very simple but the puzzles made from them are just incredible. Anyone with even a passing interest in puzzle games should give this a try.

I´m playing the demo and after playing all the tutorial missions the first real mission just kicked my ass, badly, and so did the second. I had to go to Youtube to understand the game mechanics I was missing and then went on to build my own solutions. For the third mission I decided I wouldn´t do that no mather what, so after messing with it for some time I finally figured out a solution. Feeling very proud I went on to see how I compared to other people, since everytime you finish a puzzle the game show´s you the average time, number of items, etc. that other players used to solve it. Let´s just say it wasn´t very good, since I fell on the bottom 15-20%, still I´m so proud of it I´m not sure I´ll be able to resist getting the full version once I finally finish the demo. <3<3<3

Death_Claw on
    steam_sig.png
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Deusfaux wrote: »
    bit trip beat - how is it controlled on PC?
    Mouse. Slide it forward to move the paddle up and slide back to move it down.

POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN on
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Deusfaux wrote: »
    bit trip beat - how is it controlled on PC?
    Mouse. Slide it forward to move the paddle up and slide back to move it down.

You can also use a 360 controller.

It is not a good idea to use one with this game, though.

SteevL on
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have put a lot of hours into Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age, and yet I only recently finished ME2 and I'm currently trying to finish DA. The reason for me not finishing them earlier is that I kept starting over with new characters and couldn't just settle with one for each game and get on with it. Eventually, I got frustrated with myself and instead of trying to create pretty characters, I did the opposite. I tried to create the worst looking twats ever and was determined to finish the games with these. This actually worked great and now I'm probably more attached to my "ugly" characters than I ever would have been to a couple of pretty ones.

Here's a Steamshot of my DA character, a noble dwarven warrior. How can you not love a face like that, eh?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Metalslave/screenshot/560902241153633632/?tab=public

Here's a second shot of him in action. I'm running a couple of mods, but I don't think it's anything that shows up here.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Metalslave/screenshot/560902241153636244/?tab=public

I'll post some shots of my Fem-Shep someday. She's... unconventional.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm sure Sonic Adventure hasn't aged well, but I'm awfully tempted to pick it up. It's been "that game that got away" for a while now.

Edit: Eh, I guess it makes a lot more sense to wait for a sale on the Dreamcast Collection.

Darlan on
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Death_Claw wrote: »
    Ok this needs to be said again, SpaceChem is an AWESOME puzzle game. It´s basic mechanics are very simple but the puzzles made from them are just incredible. Anyone with even a passing interest in puzzle games should give this a try.

I´m playing the demo and after playing all the tutorial missions the first real mission just kicked my ass, badly, and so did the second. I had to go to Youtube to understand the game mechanics I was missing and then went on to build my own solutions. For the third mission I decided I wouldn´t do that no mather what, so after messing with it for some time I finally figured out a solution. Feeling very proud I went on to see how I compared to other people, since everytime you finish a puzzle the game show´s you the average time, number of items, etc. that other players used to solve it. Let´s just say it wasn´t very good, since I fell on the bottom 15-20%, still I´m so proud of it I´m not sure I´ll be able to resist getting the full version once I finally finish the demo. <3<3<3

Yessss.

It's so good. It ate up four hours before I had a chance to look up. It's definitely my next Steam purchase. The real fun starts when you have to use multiple reactors to make more complex molecules in stages and then have them delivered.

And I love that the game will make a video of your solution and upload it to your Youtube account for you while in-game.

Yep, I can't wait to get the full version and play with more chemicals.

Drake on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys, I am not sure where else to put this

I have the early-2011 Macbook Pro (most basic one, 13")

would it be able to run Assassin's Creed 2 off the Mac OS? I am absolutely terrible with specs

here is the info:
    4gb ram
    Intel Core i5 2.3ghz
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 w/ 384mb total VRAM

Charles Kinbote on
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    subedii wrote: »
    I might actually be willing to buy a copy of Typing of the Dead if they put one up there.

If they ever fixed the apostrophe issue. Yes, that is as bad as it sounds.

Jazz on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Does anyone know if the Dreamcast collection stuff supports the 360 controller? I have a retail copy of Crazy Taxi already, but I played it with keyboard controls because the triggers on the controller didn't work due to the game being pre-XInput.

I should probably just install that rather than buying it on Steam, regardless of controls and version differences.

Peewi on
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

would it be able to run Assassin's Creed 2 off the Mac OS? I am absolutely terrible with specs

here is the info:
    4gb ram
    Intel Core i5 2.3ghz
    'Fraid not. That video card unfortunately isn't up to snuff.

Darlan on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    boo

oh well, thanks for the help

Charles Kinbote on
  • BeefersBeefers Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Spellforce, anyone played any of the games in this series? It looks a bit pedestrian but I am always willing to be surprised by anything that mixes genres.

Beefers on
  • busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    AI War

(Sorry, I just wanted to say it)

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bioptic wrote: »
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Phurreh wrote: »
    Someone give me a good reason not to buy Space Channel 5: Part 2 on Steam.
    Quick, I fear for my money ;;

Wait, what? When did this happen?
    Holy hell.

Well, Sega's newly-announced strategy for the consoles has been to try and release some of the Dreamcast library. Everything apart from SC5 2 is just a digital version of a pre-existing PC port from years back, though - and I seem to recall they weren't brillliant with the tweakability and stuff like gamepad support. So if they actually went to the trouble to port Space Channel 5 specifically, why the second one?

Second one's scarce in Europe, where it was basically never released aside from a few preview copies.

Xagarath on
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    busfahrer wrote: »
    AI War

(Sorry, I just wanted to say it)

Sorry, I just wanted to quote and lime this.

Drake on
  • AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Space Channel 5...must-have, although I've never played part 2. The first one was an old favorite of mine on the DC, though.

Let's dance!

AnakinOU on
  • Death_ClawDeath_Claw Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Drake wrote: »
    Death_Claw wrote: »

Yessss.

It's so good. It ate up four hours before I had a chance to look up. It's definitely my next Steam purchase. The real fun starts when you have to use multiple reactors to make more complex molecules in stages and then have them delivered.

And I love that the game will make a video of your solution and upload it to your Youtube account for you while in-game.

Yep, I can't wait to get the full version and play with more chemicals.

Was reading Eurogamer´s Review (9/10 BTW) and this caught my eye.
    SpaceChem and Super Meat Boy. One is a game of atomic engineering, the other is about a skinless kid and his hot girlfriend. There's not too much common ground there, except on this essential level: they both nail the "Look what I made!" factor.

Overcome a challenge in either of these games, and you get the urge to call someone into the room, point at the screen and proclaim, "Look what I made!"

Haha, that´s exactly the feeling I had when finishing some puzzles, except that my girlfriend has PMS so if I called her I would probably only hear a "Pfffff big fucking deal".

Death_Claw on
    steam_sig.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just tried it, fuckin A.

Big Classy on
  • KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gabe's such a baller

Kami on
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Darlan wrote: »

here is the info:
    4gb ram
    Intel Core i5 2.3ghz
    'Fraid not. That video card unfortunately isn't up to snuff.

Although I didn't know Apple made Pros without addin GPUs.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    CheesecakeRecipe on
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ballsy move! Great demonstration if anything.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    I didn't try logging in as Gabe, but I did just add him to my friends list.

Jazz on
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I love the Newell.

Icemopper on
  • NathrakNathrak Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Beefers wrote: »
    Spellforce, anyone played any of the games in this series? It looks a bit pedestrian but I am always willing to be surprised by anything that mixes genres.

I like them but they're a bit clunky and can be buggy. Best bet would be to try the demos.

Spellforce 2 Demo
    Spellforce 1 Demo

Both demos are of expansionless original but they can give you an idea. Also they're a bit old so I have no idea if they work on Windows 7 or the like.

Nathrak on
    edited March 2011
    So some of you may remember a while back I was all happy because I got Mass Effect and the Mass Effect 2 demo running at decent framerates on my laptop by disabling post-processing effects. Now we've got the screenshots feature I thought I'd show you guys how they look. They're not as pretty as on most of your machines, I'm sure, but considering this is an over-two-year-old laptop with a very modest ATI HD3450, I think they look alright, and they're very playable now.

(They look even better to me right now since my 360 RRoD'd yesterday and I need my goddamn fix.)

Spoiler'd for big; four 1280x720 shots. The lack of AA doesn't seem nearly as obvious in motion, either...
    Drive core.
    91053B4EFC7E67859CFF03B8BBF36AFEB9B752CC

"Shepard."
    99AF8637A397137DC43D796C7F57A3A101996EB8

"You don't want to be my enemy."
    4F66091765544D853FBF9EF0A18CCD340ABC9471

Stupid Miri had to blink.
    F0EDBB0FBF913D327B22C0DF3D43D50870858B89

Jazz on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That looks really good. I hate you.

Big Classy on
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jazz wrote: »

If you were the owner and administrator of steam would you really put your own account details in the public eye or would you just create a new account and put whatever you like in it just to make the point? I know what I'd do.

Also, awesome thread title.

Casual on
    edited March 2011
    Big Isy wrote: »
    That looks really good.
    :)
    Big Isy wrote: »
    I hate you.
    :(

Jazz on
    edited March 2011
    Casual wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »

If you were the owner and administrator of steam would you really put your own account details in the public eye or would you just create a new account and put whatever you like in it just to make the point? I know what I'd do.

Also, awesome thread title.

I dunno. If it was anyone else on the planet, sure, but I'm convinced that the hugeness under Gabe's shirt is actually his testicles.

And you can't imagine how much I want to post a Buster Gonad picture right now.

Jazz on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    But let us be clear here, he's fucking Gabe Newell. You know, the guy who founded the company. If someone actually jacks his account, what's he going to do? Open up a Steam support ticket and hope it gets resolved? No, he's going up to someone in the office, slap them with his dick, say, "Bitch, give me my account back," and done. Sixty cheeseburgers will also then be delivered to his desk in apology.

Zxerol on
    edited March 2011
    Zxerol wrote: »
    But let us be clear here, he's fucking Gabe Newell. You know, the guy who founded the company. If someone actually jacks his account, what's he going to do? Open up a Steam support ticket and hope it gets resolved? No, he's going up to someone in the office, slap them with his FUCKING ENORMOUS, ROCK HARD dick, say, "Bitch, give me my account back," and done. Sixty cheeseburgers will also then be delivered to his desk in apology.

ftfy

Also, I'm sorry

...kinda.
    :winky:

Jazz on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was just thinking, this works as both a demonstration and a potential test, with one very specific target to watch.

You just know people will try to get around it anyway, and now they have a live testbed to see what happens.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Forar wrote: »
    I was just thinking, this works as both a demonstration and a potential test, with one very specific target to watch.

You just know people will try to get around it anyway, and now they have a live testbed to see what happens.

True!

I'm not sure how much protection Steam Guard will really give, though. All it means is that they have to get your email account instead of your Steam account.

Phoenix-D on