As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bulletstorm. Captain Swearword's Big Fuckin' Adventure

• GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm pretty sure if you aim it at your desired target (like the barrel) and press B to exit sniper mode, it will continue on like a normal bullet. Really though the best way to get points is to use a charged sniper shot to steer the enemy into the barrel instead.

Ganluan on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ganluan wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure if you aim it at your desired target (like the barrel) and press B to exit sniper mode, it will continue on like a normal bullet. Really though the best way to get points is to use a charged sniper shot to steer the enemy into the barrel instead.

I could never get those to work! I still need to get that skill shot, though I did get the nut crack after I kicked a normal enemy backwords and sniper balled him off a cliff.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    I think this is the one game where the sniper rifle isn't my favorite weapon. Not that it's bad, it just doesn't seem as fun as other guns. The parts where you have to use it are kind of tedious.

Pistol though? All over that one.

See I loved the sniper sections, my only problem with it was that points scoring during those sections went down because outside of a headjob or premie it was harder to get a good cha ching. Also bullet locking is weird, like you'd lose communication with it right in front of an enemie and miss. This is especially sucky for the alt fire.

Yeah, I understand they couldn't just let you drive a bullet all over the place, but having it disappear inches from a dude standing right next to the guy I was aiming for is irritating.

I guess I'm judging it from a "I'd rather be sliding and shooting and leashing" perspective. It would be cool in other games but in this one it just feels slow.

The bullet never disappears, it just goes back to normal speed after you run out of control time. You can use this to hit some nice Bluff shots, or barrels

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The last skillshot I got was the one for decapitating an enemy with the flail as it wraps around an object. Most of the others were fairly straightforward, especially since starting an Echo gives you full charge ammo in your selected weapons. The one for hitting two airborne enemies with one cannonball was a bit touchy though :?

Ganluan on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah echo's are great for picking up tough skill shots. Though stomach pump is probably one of the grosser named skill shots for what you do.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    I kind of wish they'd do a "design a weapon" contest for a DLC pack. I would either submit the rocket propelled chainsaw or the nailgun I have dubbed the Coffin Sealer. It normally fires a single railroad spike, charge shot fires 6 spikes that spread out and then converge on the original target. Skillshots would include:
    Seamstress: headshot an enemy
    Odysseus: headshot 2 or more enemies with one spike
    Prince Albert: spike an enemy in the junk
    Group Hug: Charged; kill 3 or more enemies with the nail hail.
    Cenobite (alternately Cranial Accessories): Charged; headshot one enemy with at least 3 of the spikes

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'd have gone with "Nailed" for the headshot, personally.

Mechanical on
    edited March 2011
    Mechanical wrote: »
    I'd have gone with "Nailed" for the headshot, personally.

Ok, how about they add a hitbox for the eyesockets? That'd be sweet and add at least one skillshot to most of the other weapons.

sPider817 on
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think the issue I had with the sniper rifle was that I liked the sections that needed it but I hated having to haul the thing afterward. I really wish they'd just let you roll with all weapons at once and switch at will for some of the Echos at least.

Allforce on
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ugh, pub games. I need to play with people capable of communication and reading team challenge names!

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Allforce wrote: »
    I think the issue I had with the sniper rifle was that I liked the sections that needed it but I hated having to haul the thing afterward. I really wish they'd just let you roll with all weapons at once and switch at will for some of the Echos at least.

My issue with the sniper rifle was that any time i tried to hit someone in the junk they'd turn and make it fucking impossible.

Ginger Mijango on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    sPider817 wrote: »
    Ok, how about they add a hitbox for the eyesockets? That'd be sweet and add at least one skillshot to most of the other weapons.

I like the way this man thinks.

Mechanical on
  • corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just hit chapter 3 and I have decided I really like this game. Turns out it wasn't a $60 beta afterall.

corin7 on
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Anyone find a fix for not having to use low post processing on the graphics? I can crank everything up except for that.

Krathoon on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I kind of wish they'd do a "design a weapon" contest for a DLC pack. I would either submit the rocket propelled chainsaw

The Penetrator is pretty much this already, though

Green on
    edited March 2011
    Green wrote: »
    I kind of wish they'd do a "design a weapon" contest for a DLC pack. I would either submit the rocket propelled chainsaw

The Penetrator is pretty much this already, though

I know, but it has the fatal flaw of a) not being a chainsaw and b) doesn't explode.

sPider817 on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    For the life of me, I can't get the skillshot where you knock a baddie into the Electro Flies cluster. I can't seem to angle kicks. Just kicking levels the camera. To be fair, I don't think Grayson can kick directly above his head...

I can. I've got mad stretchy legs. My feet uppercut. My military friends see me stretch and they're like WTF.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited March 2011
    Cantido wrote: »
    For the life of me, I can't get the skillshot where you knock a baddie into the Electro Flies cluster. I can't seem to angle kicks. Just kicking levels the camera. To be fair, I don't think Grayson can kick directly above his head...

I can. I've got mad stretchy legs. My feet uppercut. My military friends see me stretch and they're like WTF.
    Right after Ishi gets eaten by the plant, to the right when you exit the building is a group of flies that's perfect for knocking guys into.

sPider817 on
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Cantido wrote: »

Load up echo 3 (maybe 4)... the one that starts on a rocky hill, right before you get to a town. After you slide down the hill into the town, there is a swarm over some water. Leash an enemy from the other side and they should go right into the swarm. If you miss the first two guys, you might need to shoot the next enemy in the leg (too fast to leash).

Ratsult2 on
  • EtherealWalrusEtherealWalrus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Are the hitboxes for balls, asses and necks really fucking tiny or what?
    Honestly getting Gag Reflex/Mercy/Rear Entry every echo run is probably the hardest part of the game for me.

EtherealWalrus on
    edited March 2011
    Mercy isn't too bad, the enemies can generally take enough abuse for one of your carbine's rounds to find dick. Rear Entry however, I didn't get until the very last level of the campaign.

elliotw2 on
  • M_WM_W Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not to derail this thread, but I'm kind of on the fence with getting Bulletstorm. I absolutely love People Can Fly's Painkiller; how does Bulletstorm compare? I've been on a binge of old-school styled shooters lately.

Oh yeah, and does anyone know how it runs on PC?

M_W on
    edited March 2011
    It runs mostly just like other UE3 games do, sometimes I get strange frame drops though.

Bulletstorm is an amazing game though, assuming you're in it for the points and killing people with interesting weapons. If you're looking for an amazing, emotional and dramatic co-op shooter, you're in the wrong thread.

elliotw2 on
    edited March 2011
    This game does seem to have really poor default PC graphics settings out of the box. There is an defaut ini out there to get it to look like the way it is on the consoles. Post 56 on the link below has a good guide to get it up to snuff.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1769013&page=4

Also, the ending of act 3 was awesome.

Krathoon on
    edited March 2011
    elliotw2 wrote: »
    It runs mostly just like other UE3 games do, sometimes I get strange frame drops though.

Bulletstorm is an amazing game though, assuming you're in it for the points and killing people with interesting weapons. If you're looking for an amazing, emotional and dramatic co-op shooter, you're in the wrong thread.
    Is co-op poorly done? Usually that's one of my favorite things to do in popcorn shooters.
    Krathoon wrote: »
    This game does seem to have really poor default PC graphics settings out of the box. There is an defaut ini out there to get it to look like the way it is on the consoles. Post 56 on the link below has a good guide to get it up to snuff.

Thanks a lot; I'll bookmark this for if I get the game.

M_W on
    edited March 2011
    M_W wrote: »

Is co-op poorly done? Usually that's one of my favorite things to do in popcorn shooters.
    Krathoon wrote: »

Thanks a lot; I'll bookmark this for if I get the game.

Also, the ini files are encrypted, but there is utility to get around that.

Krathoon on
    edited March 2011

I haven't actually played co-op, but it sounds like it's pretty fun if you can get a team who knows how to actually get skillshots. Just keep in mind it's more like an arena mode than playing the story with your buddy.

elliotw2 on
    edited March 2011

I haven't actually played co-op, but it sounds like it's pretty fun if you can get a team who knows how to actually get skillshots. Just keep in mind it's more like an arena mode than playing the story with your buddy.

Well, you're telling a guy who's been on a binge of Painkiller, Doom II, and Serious Sam, so I think it might be just what I'm looking for, assuming the skillshots still work in co-op.

M_W on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    there are amazing co-op skillshots, and with a team of competent players you can do some hilarious shit.
    also for people having trouble with team vertigo: have someone else kick/slide the enemy, and then you shotgun them in the face over a cliff. instant vertigo + points for shotgun kill

Local H Jay on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man this thread just died.

Just beat this a few nights ago. I know some people are kinda 'meh' on the ending, but it seemed ok to me, if not just a little predictable.

Mr Pink on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I really enjoyed this game once I killed the mouse acceleration, 1 frame added latency in the renderer and changed the sensitivity while zoomed in to be the same as when zoomed out

WHY DID I HAVE TO EDIT ENCRYPTED INI FILES TO DO THIS PCF :(

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sheep wrote: »
    Yeah, but those are ones you get automatically. Like the slide kick or whatever. But you weren't stopping to actually get a bunch of combo points, thumper, flare gun, etc. You were running to the final goal post in the game.

This is from ages back in the thread so I apologize, but you DO realize if you pull off a ton of skillpoint combos you are - inherently - killing things better/faster so getting through it faster. Most of the enemies I killed were with skill point combos with weapons. You do need a bit of a "meta" setup to do this, but it's well worth it and you get tons of points. I used the flailgun, thumper and rifle (PMC) for that. Got tons of different skillshots and similar and made it to the end.

As for me, I loved this game and it had an absolutely hilarious battle towards the start (the theme park). The ending part felt like it really dragged though I have to be honest, but other than that I would gladly play more. MORE I TELL YOU.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, this game on Nightmare difficulty is harsh. Topless + Pump Action + Vertigo isn't even enough points to recoup the cost of the shotgun shell needed to do it! Forget about using the Thumper on anything less than 4 guys in an enclosed space. What do you want from me, Bulletstorm!?

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Rubix42Rubix42 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just finished this on the hardest difficulty last night. Once you get to the "burnouts" portions, points rack up like whoa. Some of the setups you can do on those guys are awesome.

Especially when you get the Penetrator. That weapon is a point machine.

Getting to that part takes a bit though. I never really saved points for too many weapon upgrades. I made sure I used the leash and environment for as many kills as possible to save ammo. Really just tried to perform each skillshot once and then move on.

I also capped off most of the echo's. I like that Echo mode is as much as puzzle as anything else.

Rubix42 on
    signature goes here
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A delightful puzzle of murder and blood.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I rented this game few a days ago and just finished it last night. I have to say... that this was one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played. I game that is not "Serious business" I game where I can yank a man towards me, kick him back away from me, and then blow his torso off with a shotgun, I game where I can wrap a chain-grenade around one guy, kick him into a group of other guys, and blow them all up.

There is no way for this not to sound weird, but Bulletstorm has brought the fun back to killing.

Also,
    "I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker.. never got to tell him.. he will be remembered...

Ad astra on
  • CrabhammerCrabhammer Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Honestly, this was the first FPS that I've really enjoyed the single player campaign of in a long ass time. Most FPSs these days are so focused on their multiplayer content that single player takes a back seat, and that sucks. Bulletstorm manages to stay fun during single player.

I think this is largely because the dialogue being so entertaining. It's surely juvenile, but I'll be damned if it I didn't laugh my ass off at lines like:
    "I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker" and "Here comes Butterdick Jones and his Heavenly Asshole Machine

The combat was pretty fun too.

Crabhammer on
    EYUNR.gif
    Pokemon White Friend Code:0089 1626 3393
  • ProtoSoundProtoSound Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Allforce wrote: »

My issue with the sniper rifle was that any time i tried to hit someone in the junk they'd turn and make it fucking impossible.

Thumper is your friend here.

ProtoSound on
    camo_sig.png
  • Rubix42Rubix42 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ok, anyone want to give the 360 version anarchy mode achievements a run? I have all map unique skillshots. I know level 65 is a grind, so no help needed there.

But the 50,000 points in one round seems very challenging and I can't pull it off with pubs.

Rubix42 on
    signature goes here
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thread title makes me lol everytime I see it.

Game, however, loses its "Oomph" only a few acts in... I got bored rather quickly.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.