As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dilberts & Downsizing at [Mini]Phalla Bell [Reserves welcome]

• jimtopiajimtopia Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Towndrunk? Baah.

jimtopia on
  • ZapRatZapRat Mage of Mind A place apartRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm joining the temperance movement, !Towndrunk34

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
  • TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I honestly don't know, so Mascara305, I choose you!

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
    edited March 2011
    I'll bet that Inactivus project is incredibly boring.

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is the first I've heard of such a thing!

The Anonymous on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Towndrunk

Dunadan019 on
    edited March 2011
    almost forgot about this.

Dunadan019 on
  • towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wait
    What the heck did I do?

towndrunk34 on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    towndrunk

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    edited March 2011
    That is not an answer.
    As far as I can tell, Void slayer put a vote on me, than everyone followed unanimously like sheep.
    What is this I dont even

towndrunk34 on
  • Over The MoonOver The Moon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What in the hell kind of wagon is this?

Over The Moon on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    THE LAST DAY

As the day opened, Towndrunk (AKA Ted the Generic Guy) found himself thwarted from entering his cubicle by a moat of coffee laid by the rest of the workers.

Trust (AKA Ted the Generic Guy) was the last firing the PBH had to do in person. Trust responded by hurrying to the good printer to get as many copies of his resume as he could before security dragged him out of the building.

Over The Moon (AKA Bob the Dinosaur) won the raffle that HR had set up to boost morale. The prize was a trip to the Republic of Elbonia to oversee the company's mud investment.
    Unfortunately, budget only allowed for a slingshot fare.

And, with that, the management had crippled the engineering department. Their withered budget would cause all the other employees to seek jobs elsewhere. And in the meantime...

Bonuses for everyone! Everyone still here, anyway. MANAGEMENT (AKA Kilroy, Matev, Alegis, Dunadan019, Void Slayer, and jimtopia) WINS!

ZapRat (AKA Phil, the Prince of Insufficient Light) survived to the end and also gets an extravagant bonus.

Capfalcon on
  • mascara305mascara305 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dunadan!!!!!! You silly goose! You played me well.

mascara305 on
    Don't judge me by my failures, but only by my dreams
    edited March 2011
    sowwwy
    Dunadan019 wrote:
    you ideally shouldn't change your behavior regardless of what role you're playing.

Dunadan019 on
    edited March 2011
    we were pretty much over powered this game with 2 kills (1 being a vig), a roleblock, a busdriver and last but not least, my overpowered power that I never used.

Dunadan019 on
    edited March 2011
    So uh
    guys
    I would ask what were you thinking, but you probably weren't.

towndrunk34 on
    edited March 2011
    Dunadan019 on
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So close to a flawless mafia victory.

Well played, team.

Kilroy on
    edited March 2011
    Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Engineers

Dilbert
    dilbert.gif

You are... Dilbert, the Engineer!

Win Condition: Eliminate the Management, ushering in a glorious future of productivity!
    Power: You live with Dogbert (Erich Zahn), and thus both of you recognize each other. In addition, you are such an important engineer that your vote counts for two and you have a one time self guard.

Wally
    wallyw.jpg

You are... Wally, the Engineer!

Win Condition: Eliminate the Management, ushering in a glorious future of productivity!
    Power: You are an expert at slacking while appearing to be busy. In fact, you can even guard one person per day from being fired by taking them under your wing and teaching them the ways of Wally.

Alice
    dilbertfistofdeath550x4.jpg
    You are... Alice, the Engineer!

Power: Your rage against management decisions is legendary. Every odd day, you can use your Fist of Death against one of your co-workers.

Asok
    asok.gif
    You are... Asok, the Intern!

Power: You are gifted in telepathy from your studies in IIT (Indian Institute for Technology). You are a seer.

Tina
    tinac.gif
    You are... Tina, the Technical Writer!

Power: You are one of the few people who can actually comprehend the company's documentation. Each night, you may choose someone to search for their name in the company reports. You know everyone who uses an ability on your target.

Ratbert
    151371n01s001bthumb.png
    You are...Ratbert!

Power: You are a little naive. Every other night, you may reveal your role and alignment to a player.

Dogbert
    dogbert.gif
    You are... Dogbert, Supreme Ruler of Earth!

Power: You live with Dilbert (Sir Fabulous), and thus both of you recognize each other. In addition, you are after Catbert's job. If Catbert gets fired, you gain a one time use firing by posing as the evil Director of Human Resources.

Bob
    bobdinosaur.gif
    You are... Bob, the Dinosaur!

Power: You have a black belt in wedgies. Every even day, you can fire someone.

Ted
    tedicon.gif
    You are... Ted, the generic guy!

Power: None! You're the generic guy who exists to be a punchline.

Secretary

Carol
    carolchar.jpg
    You are... Carol, the Secretary!

Powers: Since the Management has you fill out all of the termination forms, you can “neglect” to fill out the form for your termination. Thus, you are immune to the Mafia's firings. In addition, you can fill out a few forms on the side! Thus, you get one firing a night.
    Win Condition: Eliminate both the Engineers and the Management. Because your a bitter “which.”

Neutral
    Phil, Prince of Insufficient Light
    philprinceofheck.jpg
    You are... Phil, the Prince of Insufficient Light!

Win Condition: You don't want to get fired or experience cubicle justice. But you don't really care who has control of the company in the end.
    Power: You can darn someone to heck. They have their ability blocked for the night. In addition, the identity of the target will be placed in the narration. NOTE: Only the role's name will be placed in the narration.

Management

Mordac
    mordacpreventerofinform.gif
    You are... Mordac, Preventer of Information Services!

Win Condition: Eliminate the Engineers. Bonuses for everyone! Until the company goes into a tailspin. Then, golden parachute to retirement!
    Power: You are pleased by confusion and despair. You can manipulate the local network to act as a busdriver.
    You are also a member of the mafia. The members of the mafia are Kilroy, Matev, Alegis, Dunadan019, Void Slayer, jimtopia. Collectively, you all have one firing a night.

PHB
    excelatwork.jpg
    You are... the Pointy Haired Boss, the Manager!

Win Condition: Eliminate the Engineers. Bonuses for everyone! Until the company goes into a tailspin. Then, golden parachute to retirement!
    Power: You can corner someone in a cubicle and cliche the into submission. This roleblocks them for the night.
    You are also a member of the mafia. The members of the mafia are Kilroy, Matev, Alegis, Dunadan019, Void Slayer, jimtopia. Collectively, you all have one firing a night.

Catbert
    catbertthumb.jpg
    You are... Catbert, the Director of [strike]Cat Toys[/strike] Human Resources!

Power: You love your job. You get paid to be cruel to people. In fact, you enjoy it so much you can fire someone in addition to the standard mafia kill.

Head Of Accounting
    wizardofzwitchmelt1.jpg
    You are... the Wicked “Which” of Accounting, the... uh... Head of Accounting!

Power: Numbers change reality. If you post incorrect vote counts, your vote count is correct until someone points out your math is wrong. Stupid Engineers.
    This fake vote count must be posted at least two hours before the vote close. No last second shenanigans with bad vote numbers.

Accounting Troll
    You are... an Accounting Troll, the Accounting Troll!

Power: None! You're just a clever accountant who figured out how to cash in on the downsizing.

You may commence with the burning in effigy.

Capfalcon on
    edited March 2011
    So, Host Perspectives.

I wish I could just say that I had never been in a game where the mafia had a busdriver, thus I have learned a vital lesson busdriver + vig = unblockable kill. But, then I remember that the FIRST PHALLA I EVER PLAYED had the mafia devastate the village by wiping out half of the specials in one night. Using an busdriven kill to eliminate the guarded network head. So, Hindsight... Yeah...

I think I worked the everything out pretty good otherwise. If Mordac had been a guard or something instead, I think the game would have been much more balanced.

On a pretty unrelated note, I'm a pretty big fan of even/odd roles. It spreads the love around a bit more and keeps the village from losing access to something important through dumb luck. The only one I'm iffy about making even/odd is the seer, since it takes a network longer to start.

But, thanks for playing everyone. I think this makes me 1/3 for successful games hosted.

Maybe I can go for 50/50 next time!

I've got an interesting idea for an Inception-verse mini that may come out sooner rather than later...

Capfalcon on
    edited March 2011
    I'd play that. :D

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Over The MoonOver The Moon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, the Head of Accounting sure has a crazy power. Even if the mafia wiped the floor with us, it was still fun to play!

Over The Moon on
    edited March 2011
    This was the complete opposite of a Farangu phalla I swear to God.

I'd say this was around -3 Farangus. Or is it 3 Capfalcons? I don't know!

All in all, this wasn't too bad, even if the mafia were way overpowered.

The Anonymous on
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for the game capfalcon, dunadans power was a really nice and strange addition. Even if we never used it, just the potential was great.

As for even/odd abilities, in the White Collar phalla I managed to use two every other day seers who found each other to confirm 5 other people as village in one day when the network head. So they might be too strong, or I just got lucky.

It is a very nice way though to split up the vigilante so it can't be killed off easily.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    edited March 2011
    This was the complete opposite of a Farangu phalla I swear to God.

I'd say this was around -3 Farangus. Or is it 3 Capfalcons? I don't know!

All in all, this wasn't too bad, even if the mafia were way overpowered.

It was 0.5 Burnages.
    Half a Burnage, damnit!

towndrunk34 on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I like the theme, had fun trying to come up with HR policies :) Pointy Haired Matev added some color to the mafia orders thread as well

thanks for hosting capfalcon

Alegis on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Blind sheeping is bad...mmmkay? Especially when the village is following the mafia's lead

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    Even if the mafia is too large and has more powers than the village does?

The Anonymous on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Especially then

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    Did Phil not roleblock Over The Moon the night he wedgied kilroy?

Alegis on
  • daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I would grudge CaptainPlanet for this, but then he revealed and wasn't guarded. So I guess I can't grudge him too hard.

Even though he took away my first chance at really being the best SK I could be.

:evil:

daniant on
    edited March 2011
    Alegis wrote: »
    I blocked over the moon on the following night, to no effect. I didn't make my alliance quickly enough to save Kilroy.

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
    edited March 2011
    daniant wrote: »
    I would grudge CaptainPlanet for this, but then he revealed and wasn't guarded.
    But I did guard him. Except he was busdrivered by the mafia.

The Anonymous on
    edited March 2011
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    So, Host Perspectives.

I wish I could just say that I had never been in a game where the mafia had a busdriver, thus I have learned a vital lesson busdriver + vig = unblockable kill. But, then I remember that the FIRST PHALLA I EVER PLAYED had the mafia devastate the village by wiping out half of the specials in one night. Using an busdriven kill to eliminate the guarded network head. So, Hindsight... Yeah...

I think I worked the everything out pretty good otherwise. If Mordac had been a guard or something instead, I think the game would have been much more balanced.

On a pretty unrelated note, I'm a pretty big fan of even/odd roles. It spreads the love around a bit more and keeps the village from losing access to something important through dumb luck. The only one I'm iffy about making even/odd is the seer, since it takes a network longer to start.

But, thanks for playing everyone. I think this makes me 1/3 for successful games hosted.

Maybe I can go for 50/50 next time!

I've got an interesting idea for an Inception-verse mini that may come out sooner rather than later...
    I'd like to try that game too. Inception is a most fascinating movie.

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
    edited March 2011
    ZapRat wrote: »
    I blocked over the moon on the following night, to no effect. I didn't make my alliance quickly enough to save Kilroy.

But I thought a roleblock order was sent in Day 4 ('OTM confirmed for roleblock.')
    http://silvercanoesforus.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=7&page=2#106

and kilroy was killed night 4
    Kilroy wrote:
    I'm curious as to why OTM suddenly stopped voting for me after two straight days of it.

And by "curious" I mean "paranoid that I'm going to be wedgie'd."
    Matev wrote:
    His ass is blocked.

Or should I double block in case we don't trust Phil?

: <

Alegis on
    edited March 2011
    ZapRat wrote: »

But I thought a roleblock order was sent in Day 4 ('OTM confirmed for roleblock.')
    http://silvercanoesforus.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=7&page=2#106

and kilroy was killed night 4
    Kilroy wrote:
    I'm curious as to why OTM suddenly stopped voting for me after two straight days of it.

And by "curious" I mean "paranoid that I'm going to be wedgie'd."
    Matev wrote:
    His ass is blocked.

Or should I double block in case we don't trust Phil?

: <
    Hmm, I remembered wrong, the message where I promised to Darn was on 03-03-2011, 06:27 PM, I definitely remember issuing a darn order on the same day I promised, but saw no results in the narration. I had darned someone earlier that day, so it was a switchdarn, but CapFalcon told me it was ok to switch as long as I did it prior to the deadline. Can roleblocks intefere with each other?

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
  • CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    daniant wrote: »
    I would grudge CaptainPlanet for this, but then he revealed and wasn't guarded. So I guess I can't grudge him too hard.

Even though he took away my first chance at really being the best SK I could be.

:evil:

From what I understand, I was guarded by Wally but the mafia just used their busdriver to kill me.

In my opinion, the busdriver should NEVER be mafia and always be village. And if you are going to do that, they should only be able to move negative effects and not things like who the guard is targeting. Because it just made the guard 100% useless when they figured out to just combine the busdrive with a kill.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
    edited March 2011
    Man, the Head of Accounting sure has a crazy power. Even if the mafia wiped the floor with us, it was still fun to play!

I thought about using it last night for about a minute.

it was totally superfluous.

Dunadan019 on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Eh, thanks for running it Cap.

Wildcat on