As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STEAM | gaben@valvesoftware.com/mooleyftw

1565758596062»

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    I was just thinking, this works as both a demonstration and a potential test, with one very specific target to watch.

You just know people will try to get around it anyway, and now they have a live testbed to see what happens.

True!

I'm not sure how much protection Steam Guard will really give, though. All it means is that they have to get your email account instead of your Steam account.

Yet, what are we always saying here to safeguard your Steam account? Verify it.

Jazz on
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Zxerol wrote: »
    But let us be clear here, he's fucking Gabe Newell. You know, the guy who founded the company. If someone actually jacks his account, what's he going to do? Open up a Steam support ticket and hope it gets resolved? No, he's going up to someone in the office, slap them with his dick, say, "Bitch, give me my account back," and done. Sixty cheeseburgers will also then be delivered to his desk in apology.

You have a point but at the same time publishing one of your passwords is a pretty bad idea. It could allow other people to get into other accounts just by guesswork if your passwords are similarly themed. I would still make a patsy account just so I don't have to go through the bother.

Casual on
  • PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jazz wrote: »
    So some of you may remember a while back I was all happy because I got Mass Effect and the Mass Effect 2 demo running at decent framerates on my laptop by disabling post-processing effects. Now we've got the screenshots feature I thought I'd show you guys how they look. They're not as pretty as on most of your machines, I'm sure, but considering this is an over-two-year-old laptop with a very modest ATI HD3450, I think they look alright, and they're very playable now.

(They look even better to me right now since my 360 RRoD'd yesterday and I need my goddamn fix.)

Spoiler'd for big; four 1280x720 shots. The lack of AA doesn't seem nearly as obvious in motion, either...
    Drive core.
    91053B4EFC7E67859CFF03B8BBF36AFEB9B752CC

"Shepard."
    99AF8637A397137DC43D796C7F57A3A101996EB8

"You don't want to be my enemy."
    4F66091765544D853FBF9EF0A18CCD340ABC9471

Stupid Miri had to blink.
    F0EDBB0FBF913D327B22C0DF3D43D50870858B89

Your Shep and mine are twins.
    But mine is the paler, Black No. 1 sister.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jazz, what happened to bloodrayne, has someone new graced your affections?

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jazz, what happened to bloodrayne, has someone new graced your affections?

Hell, what happened to Bloodrayne?

SteevL on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    At this point, there have been more BloodRayne movies than games.

Zxerol on
  • metal_spidermetal_spider Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Drake wrote: »
    busfahrer wrote: »
    AI War

(Sorry, I just wanted to say it)

Sorry, I just wanted to quote and lime this.

Sorry, I just wanted to lime this quote.

metal_spider on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What is Spellforce like? Is it any good?

jothki on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Drake wrote: »
    Death_Claw wrote: »
    Ok this needs to be said again, SpaceChem is an AWESOME puzzle game. It´s basic mechanics are very simple but the puzzles made from them are just incredible. Anyone with even a passing interest in puzzle games should give this a try.

I´m playing the demo and after playing all the tutorial missions the first real mission just kicked my ass, badly, and so did the second. I had to go to Youtube to understand the game mechanics I was missing and then went on to build my own solutions. For the third mission I decided I wouldn´t do that no mather what, so after messing with it for some time I finally figured out a solution. Feeling very proud I went on to see how I compared to other people, since everytime you finish a puzzle the game show´s you the average time, number of items, etc. that other players used to solve it. Let´s just say it wasn´t very good, since I fell on the bottom 15-20%, still I´m so proud of it I´m not sure I´ll be able to resist getting the full version once I finally finish the demo. <3<3<3

Yessss.

It's so good. It ate up four hours before I had a chance to look up. It's definitely my next Steam purchase. The real fun starts when you have to use multiple reactors to make more complex molecules in stages and then have them delivered.

And I love that the game will make a video of your solution and upload it to your Youtube account for you while in-game.

Yep, I can't wait to get the full version and play with more chemicals.

This game is incredible. I am not incredible at it. Hrm...

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well, still can't get Assassins Creed to run acceptably AND look nice at the same time.
    Suuuucks.

Rizzi on
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Blah, sorry you're having shit luck with it. I haven't really messed around with any of the settings outta fear of the same problems. Hopefully the other 3 don't give you the same issues.

Decoy on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If I could remember what the default settings were I'd change them back and check. I am not seeing a "default" button however.

Rizzi on
  • MaouMaou Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Steam Guard.
    What if reinstall OS, or hardware failure or change in hardware?

Maou on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Maou wrote: »
    Steam Guard.

Did you even read the page? You can authorize as many computers as you want.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Steam Guard.

Hey, don't try and stop his kneejerk reaction. He's enjoying himself too much.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't think he's knee-jerking, he just asked a question, albeit a somewhat misguided one.

Gaslight on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Maybe it's just me knee-jerking then.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Casual wrote: »
    Zxerol wrote: »
    But let us be clear here, he's fucking Gabe Newell. You know, the guy who founded the company. If someone actually jacks his account, what's he going to do? Open up a Steam support ticket and hope it gets resolved? No, he's going up to someone in the office, slap them with his dick, say, "Bitch, give me my account back," and done. Sixty cheeseburgers will also then be delivered to his desk in apology.

You have a point but at the same time publishing one of your passwords is a pretty bad idea. It could allow other people to get into other accounts just by guesswork if your passwords are similarly themed. I would still make a patsy account just so I don't have to go through the bother.

I could see Gabe having changed his password to this prior to giving it out. At least that's what I would have done. That way you aren't risking access for anything else.

Peewi on
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Personally, if I were Gabe, I'd have changed the password to gaben.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • MaouMaou Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Steam Guard.

ah.
    thanks for the info.
    awaiting to see how well it will works.
    if it works well, i assume those MMOs will be stealing it's function too.

Maou on
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    NCsoft already has. I reinstalled Guild Wars yesterday, and I wanted to make sure all of my account info was up to date. I had to go through a new process to authorize my computer before I was allowed to access and edit that information.

Drake on
  • AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    In case anyone else wants it: the SpaceChem soundtrack (which is great) is available for download.

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • gogglesgoggles Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is anyone else looking forward to HOMM 6? Is there a thread going?

goggles on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not really, Kings Bounty has scratched that itch successfully.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Now, if it were AoW IV instead...

Xagarath on
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'd like to say that Metro 2033 is quite the game and Soulgate is quite the classy Gentleman.

Drake on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm halfway through my hdd and not halfway through my games list. Mind you the larger games have mostly been installed now, with a few stragglers left.

Big Classy on
  • busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Big Isy wrote: »
    I'm halfway through my hdd and not halfway through my games list. Mind you the larger games have mostly been installed now, with a few stragglers left.

What's your biggest offender?

Mine is Dragon Age Ultimate, weighing in at over 23 GB, according to Steam

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Same actually. Not at my PC right now but I'll have a look later tonight to see the biggest culprits.

Big Classy on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Has there just been a steam update? Or is that just my steam dying quietly and starting oddly

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited March 2011