As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[RIFT] Out Now! Check OP For Guild Info.

1555657585961»

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    rollin' up on sunrest to play with you nerds

these queues are butt

interrobang on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I to am rolling on Sunrest, 45 minute queue...Oh well.

Anyone on/will be on that can invite to TSM?

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    johnnythefifthjohnnythefifth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    How are you guys liking this game? I'm thinking about trying it out...

johnnythefifth on
    The enemy's gate is always down!
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    lovin' it so far.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So dudes, found an awesome website. Simpsons should put it in the OP:

http://riftideas.com/shardwatch/

Basically it keeps a 100% accurate graph of the server population, not exact numbers since that's not provided, but it shows at what times each server peaks into medium, high etc.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    buddyleebuddylee Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Currently, no LOW population servers. I'd say its been a healthy week for RIFT's launch.

buddylee on
    Jack Burton: "Like I told my last wife, I says, 'Honey, I never drive faster than I can see'. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm so confused.

There was a quest item on the ground next to me, and a random stranger whispered me and asked if I needed it before just running up and taking it.

Someone asked a question about how to do a quest in general chat and didn't get flamed or trolled, people just.... helped.

It's like I've stumbled into some alternate internet universe.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's pretty weird, yes.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hold me.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Came home expecting a 30 minute queue like the past few nights

Forgot it was Friday :(

Wolfsbane was up at 700 or so when I started

Maddoc on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Necromancer/Warlock is insane synergy ideal for soloing. It's great just watching the zealot chew through shit, yet having Exhume handy in case I need the knight. Seems like the Rev is more for AoE/PvP type stuff.

I just got a stun/snare combo spell, so I'm praying that will help in PvP a bit. Right now 90% of ganks involve dying in a opener stun from a warrior or rogue.

A side story: after an invasion, our raid went to attack the Scarwood Guardian hubs a bit. Fleeing from the portal security (which are ?? elites even on PvP servers), I got lost and found an ancient wardstone. I ganked the few guardians near it, destroy theirs and erected our own ancient wardstone. Immediately an NPC spawned with a tent, and a public quest started to kill 50 bugs wondering the area. I don't if Guardians had a similar quest, but they were still killing them and counting towards the quest.

When the quest was over, I got some experience and a blue shard for Scarwood. Nothing else happened, and I started ganking until I got killed. Pretty neat, and I wonder if augmenting the ancient wardstone further would open more quests.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So hey guys.

37 was too low to DPS RD.

:(

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Isn't Runic Descent 42?

Arthil on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    All mobs I clicked on there were 40 elites.

So I dunno. 42 seems unnecessarily high.

edit: edited to 40 elites because I'm apparently obsessed with the answer to the universe. 40 is the correct number.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Neli wrote: »
    Saboteur is incredible, to the point that I am certain it is going to get nerfed. Long range, incredible burst and utility up the ass.

Do you enjoy ganking? Stealth up, sap some poor quester, put your charges on him without breaking the sap and remove 70% of his HP in one click (or all of it if it crits and you're a few levels above him). Saboteurs are just very very nasty in PvP and solo PvE is probably the easiest out there. Mobs will never reach you and die in a few seconds.

I also play a bard and oh my god they are so good in PvP. If you got a competent bard on your team your chances of winning a warfront just skyrocketed

Yes, this times a 100 as i have single handly rescued so many groups with the healing coda. Im currently running a bard and riftstalker build that was working great for sometime. I just forget that I HAVE to run with a group, solo is simply not on option.

I need to try a sab build for some gank time fun.

Blood Drive on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm stunned at how developers will take the time to put shit in for pre-cap PvP, but do it so half-assed you really wonder why they didn't save themselves the time and skip it.

-Hey, you have a PvP stat. Why don't you uh...put it on the fucking gear?
    -No, I don't feel like waiting for lightning to strike five times. The daily should be five games played.
    -Why is the PvP tree locked? That's just stupid and lets time beat skill. Keep the ranks for gear and let me access my fucking soul.
    -I feel like the PvP buff is crappy, but can't say for sure. I doubt it would matter since loleverythingfucksmages.

Still vastly better than Warhammer and a perhaps a bit better than WoW's ambush-a-thon. I know pre-cap balance is a massive waste of time, but if you are going to give us quests and gear...do it right. It's not hard.

EDIT: Over an hour without a single win. Just a completely miserable experience. I blame myself for playing Black Garden, which is henceforth known as the Worst Warfront Ever.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This was the very first time I played a mage in an MMO. After playing beta and liking the necromancer, I decided I'd stick with it live since out of our 4 man group, we didn't have a mage and we wanted to avoid loot splitting.

I've been having a blast as my necro/warlock but around level 32 I did something stupid after our healer (warden) wanted to try DPS (cabalist) and they asked if I would try chloromancer for the dungeon.

.... SO MUCH FUN! I have no idea why either but it's a lot of fun. Probably the god complex of holding lives in my hand but its great. Also, their damage isn't even BAD. As my necro/lock I could take about 3 mobs without dying (though this got harder as I leveled. Their pets dont scale well as my knight can't hold threat for squat and neither does soul purge in my opinion). My chloromancer runs into a minor rift or foothold and grabs it all, putting spores on everything while my self centered aoe just hits everything. I tab around to put the dot/hot on all enemies and do whatever I fancy at the time.

Worked out good since the warden is in love with dps so I guess we're switching roles.

Speaking of which, is it possible for a chloromancer to main heal? My wife who's a bard is usually with me so it's a lot easier with her. I've healed a few encounters without her fine enough but never really a boss except for the one SINGLE pug I took part in but the tank was 2 or 3 lvls higher than the zone ... and bad. Couldn't hold threat to save his (or our) life as a riftstalker ... not sure if its the class or the driver.

(And as a side note, not a fan of pugs in this game anymore than other games. Maybe I'm spoiled but slow tanking/pulling drives me nuts.)

Nyht on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    I'm so confused.

There was a quest item on the ground next to me, and a random stranger whispered me and asked if I needed it before just running up and taking it.

Someone asked a question about how to do a quest in general chat and didn't get flamed or trolled, people just.... helped.

It's like I've stumbled into some alternate internet universe.

Yeah, when I came online there was a discussion in zone chat where someone was describing how awkward it is when 3 people reach the same herb at the same time, and everyone stands around politely not wanting to take it.

I really hope the community stays this friendly as time goes on. I think the public group/rift concept helps a lot, because you're constantly fighting alongside these people, rather than the isolationist solo questing of a lot of other current MMOs that doesn't connect you to the playerbase in any meaningful way until the level cap.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Trion themselves have said that Chloromancer, Riftstalker, and Justicar are all meant to fill their respective roles within end-game content. It's why none of these classes have had the nerf stick swung anywhere near them, and in fact received a good few buffs in beta.

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Arthil wrote: »
    Trion themselves have said that Chloromancer, Riftstalker, and Justicar are all meant to fill their respective roles within end-game content. It's why none of these classes have had the nerf stick swung anywhere near them, and in fact received a good few buffs in beta.

This is fantastic and thank you. I'll keep working with it then. Up to level 36 now, almost 37. Been running the King's Breach a lot and I finally look halfway decent with a robe and shoulders that just rock.

The only thing I HAVEN'T been able to figure out is how to heal in a warfront as one. It seems very very VERY fickle.

Nyht on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Chloromancer can main heal. I generally heal in dungeons, but dislike it for solo play (damn hard to kill though). I prefer using the zealot over the knight.

I also think Scarwood has some of the best invasions and rifts. The major invasions has you racing to take out three nodes before 50 spirits can load them up with power. You can either take down the rifts, attack the nodes or kill the spirits. The roads are NOT safe, as there is practically a nice line of elite spirits (and other invasion forces) at all times.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Lifegiving Veil is very buggy and sometimes shuts off when zoning in or changing groups. Recast it if you are not seeing any healing popping up. The main thing you want to do in Warfronts is assist the dps, keep up Radiant Spores and remember to Flourish regularly. Synthesis is hard to wield properly unless the Warfront demands it (Fang carrier in the Worst Warfront Ever/Flag carrier in Steppes). Basically find someone important like another healer or guy that is taking damage but not at a rate so fast you basically waste Synth's cooldown.

Also, it seems like damage shields (Dark Armor and that one from Dominator) break Detaunt. Incredibly stupid, but yeah. Just...take it off your bar I guess. Wheeeee.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Augh, one more week until I can play. I can't stand the wait. I was, and still am, planning on rolling MM/Ranger, but after seeing the Lichform screenshot a couple pages back all I need to know is what soul is that? I'm assuming Necromancer? It's so awesome that my rogue might have to be my second char instead of my primary.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It's Necromancer, and it's a flat +20% damage (and +X% to your pet) and +200% mana regen. It's cool, but not super amazing.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    It's Necromancer, and it's a flat +20% damage (and +X% to your pet) and +200% mana regen. It's cool, but not super amazing.

And water breathing.

Arthil on
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Right, but do you see how cool it looks? +1000% to awesome. Seems worth it to me.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Lifegiving Veil is very buggy and sometimes shuts off when zoning in or changing groups. Recast it if you are not seeing any healing popping up. The main thing you want to do in Warfronts is assist the dps, keep up Radiant Spores and remember to Flourish regularly. Synthesis is hard to wield properly unless the Warfront demands it (Fang carrier in the Worst Warfront Ever/Flag carrier in Steppes). Basically find someone important like another healer or guy that is taking damage but not at a rate so fast you basically waste Synth's cooldown.

Also, it seems like damage shields (Dark Armor and that one from Dominator) break Detaunt. Incredibly stupid, but yeah. Just...take it off your bar I guess. Wheeeee.

Thanks for the tips. Any help goes a long way in helping my poor healing efforts in pvp

... course we're on different sides so you're really just helping the enemy.

No wonder your side keeps losing :P

Nyht on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This shit needs to download faster. Stupid impulse buys.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    While you wait Doc, here's a useful link: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?72051-Rift-Community-Guide-Compendium

It's nice that Trion actually cares to sticky this shit.

Arthil on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I absolutely adore this game, but it's one of the first recent PC games my system has really struggled to run. Looking over the settings, most of the things that are bogging me down are GPU related.

Right now I'm running a 3.0ghz dual core processor, 4gb of ram and running vista 64. My card is probably the weakest link, as it's only a NVIDIA 9800 GT. Would upgrading to a GTX 460 or equivalent show a marked increase? Right now I'm running at medium and struggling to stay at 30fps. Anyone out there with similar specs that could give some pointers? I'd really rather not have to upgrade my processor if I can avoid it.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Finally got to play some yesterday. Got through the newbie tutorial, Xaoten, Defiant Faeblight here. Went Beastmaster / Riftblade / Champion. Been using the Riftblade attacks more than the Beastmaster ones, though, even though I'm basically going 100% points into BM and then the forced point buys are going into RB. I might shuffle it the other way (RB/BM/Champ), but we'll see how BM holds up. It looks like there's some synergy higher up in the tree with their bleeds, and I've heard RB's DPS falls off later on as resistances become more common.

And yeah, same here Riale, with the performance problems. Getting some stuttering in the post-tutorial area, I imagine it'll only get worse. If my finances look good in a week or two, I'm going to upgrade my PC. I'm running a 3.2 dual core AMD, 6 GB of DDR2, Win7 x64 and an ATI Radon 3750 or somesuch.

It's an old Dell Inspiron 531 with warranty voiding upgrades, so it's probably about time to upgrade anyway -- have my eye on a Phenom II X6 1090T Black (3.2ghz x 6 core) + ASUS M4A89GTD board, as well as a Radeon HD 6850 video card. Not sure exactly on the card -- I typically shell out about $100-$200 for the card, and just pick whatever Tom's Hardware says is the best bang for the buck at that price range.

KiTA on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm a level 31 Riftblade/Champion and I tear through mobs like a hot knife through butter. And my AoE is insane.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SimpsonsParadoxSimpsonsParadox Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I went to every Ancient Carin and Puzzle and all I got was a New Thread of the Fortress

SimpsonsParadox on
This discussion has been closed.