As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's that time again. Woot-off

12346»

• StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Man who gives a shit about the bag of crap. I just want something normal, useful, and cheap to be put up.

I want monkies :(

StormyWaters on
  • lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    WTF WAS THAT?!?!?

*edit*Oh man, I so want one of those shirts

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    lordswing wrote: »
    WTF WAS THAT?!?!?

Shirts?

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    WTF WAS THAT?!?!?

Shirts?

It was a green Woot shirt, I believe it said "One Day, One Deal" somewhere, and it's printed on an American Apparel T, so check your sizes I guess. It was buggy, saying it "Sold Out" in the middle of that Butt Kicker thing, which prompted my initial post.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    WTF WAS THAT?!?!?

Shirts?

It was a green Woot shirt, I believe it said "One Day, One Deal" somewhere, and it's printed on an American Apparel T, so check your sizes I guess. It was buggy, saying it "Sold Out" in the middle of that Butt Kicker thing, which prompted my initial post.

Usually that means thier server fucked up, and showed you an item thats coming up next/soon, so if you want the shirt, check when the butt-kicker thingy is gone.

LockeCole on
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    What the hell is this ButtKicker thing?

Daedalus on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited June 2007
    buttkicker is a vibration based Bass speaker that produces no sound, but generates the feeling of bass. It grabbs the frequency by being a passthrough for your audio.

If you game with good headphones, and want to feel the bass you are hearing, it is fucking awesome.

It's a very well reviewed piece of equipment.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hmm. Is this too much to spend on a case for a file server?

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
    edited June 2007
    syndalis wrote: »
    buttkicker is a vibration based Bass speaker that produces no sound, but generates the feeling of bass. It grabbs the frequency by being a passthrough for your audio.

If you game with good headphones, and want to feel the bass you are hearing, it is fucking awesome.

Oh, so it's a rumble pack for your chair.

I already have a subwoofer.

Daedalus on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited June 2007

More or less.

But it is tied to your audio, as opposed to programmed for, and the response is absolutely killer... especially if you want to play a game at 3am, and still feel the rocket launcher or the engine rumble.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Isn't this a little steep for a case? I've never bought a case, but don't most come bundled with fans, too?

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
    edited June 2007
    Isn't this a little steep for a case? I've never bought a case, but don't most come bundled with fans, too?

It's steep because of the branding. It's a zomfg ALIENWARE or some shit.

I didn't know Alienware sold just empty cases. Is this a pull?

Daedalus on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Looks like it's winding down.

Motion detecting pig. :|

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh theres the shirt.

-edit-

Don't have my size.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • archonwarparchonwarp Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I am SO all over that shirt! WOO YEAH!

archonwarp on
    873342-1.png
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Dammit. I wanted one of those buttkicker units :(:( Damn work. Damn damn damn.....

Viscountalpha on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

More or less.

But it is tied to your audio, as opposed to programmed for, and the response is absolutely killer... especially if you want to play a game at 3am, and still feel the rocket launcher or the engine rumble.

Yeah, cuz it certainly doesn't annoy those of us that live below jerks with something like that, when everything on the walls and shelves start rattling around at 4am.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
    edited June 2007
    leaf wrote: »

More or less.

Yeah, cuz it certainly doesn't annoy those of us that live below jerks with something like that, when everything on the walls and shelves start rattling around at 4am.
    The one that attaches to the bar in the chair (that was in the woot-off) is actually really good about that. IT is powerful enough for one guy to get enjoyment out of it, and whatever rattle it gives off beyond that is probably far less than someone walking around above you.

Now, the theater grade ones? Yeah, that will break your neighbor's china.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2007
    Well it got better near the end, but it was a 6 effort for a Woot at best.

Unknown User on