As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mobile Device Applications for PAX East 2011

2»

Posts

  • nickswarnickswar Registered User
    edited February 2011
    e-lu wrote: »
    What's the ETA on PAX East updates for the Conventionist and PAX Assistant Apps? Obviously the con is still weeks away, but my anticipation is getting the better of me.

    Can't wait to familiarize myself with the apps so I can be a PAX ninja.

    I'm hoping to have an updated version of PAX Assistant up either this weekend or next weekend. I've been real busy with schoolwork lately, so I can't guarantee a date.

    nickswar on
  • jacalatajacalata Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I put my pax app on the marketplace for windows phone 7 the other day, it's here:
    Pax Digital Assistant | zune://navigate/?appID=6e56d005-983a-e011-854c-00237de2db9e

    jacalata on

    Check out my PAX schedule assistant for Windows Phone - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/pax-digital-assistant/6e56d005-983a-e011-854c-00237de2db9e. Feel free to send me feedback or requests at any time!
  • nickswarnickswar Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Hello everyone!

    Last year for PAX Prime I made an Android app called "PAX Assistant 2010" (the old thread can be found here for nostalgia). This year for PAX East I made a small content update. It's now available here (the update literally just went up, so it might take awhile for market webpage to update), or just type "PAX" in the market on your phone. One cool update this time around is that Rdr and I are working to get an offline version of the Hitchhiker's Guide to PAX East in the app. It's not in there now, but will be before PAX starts. If anyone tries it out, then let me know what you think!



    (Also, if you find any schedule discrepancies, let me know that too! :P)

    nickswar on
  • Knuckles056Knuckles056 Registered User
    edited February 2011
    nickswar wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

    Last year for PAX Prime I made an Android app called "PAX Assistant 2010" (the old thread can be found here for nostalgia). This year for PAX East I made a small content update. It's now available here (the update literally just went up, so it might take awhile for market webpage to update), or just type "PAX" in the market on your phone. One cool update this time around is that Rdr and I are working to get an offline version of the Hitchhiker's Guide to PAX East in the app. It's not in there now, but will be before PAX starts. If anyone tries it out, then let me know what you think!



    (Also, if you find any schedule discrepancies, let me know that too! :P)


    Just downloaded it and looked around, pretty damn useful!

    Knuckles056 on
  • thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Updating app now, My evo is wet in anticipation :) got 3 spare batteries just in case while at pax

    thorkon on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    haha yeah i'm debating buying an extra battery for pax. any suggestions? i also don't want an extra battery unless i have a seperate charger to go with it. any suggestions?

    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i just got an android and i'm shitting myself over all this cool stuff, thanks to you guys for providing this stuff for free!

    Local H Jay on
    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
  • rabbitbotrabbitbot Registered User
    edited February 2011
    I just messed around with the PAX Assistant.
    in the "My schedule" section it seemed you could go foward in the days but not backward.

    Just thought I'd let you guys know :)

    rabbitbot on
  • nickswarnickswar Registered User
    edited February 2011
    rabbitbot wrote: »
    I just messed around with the PAX Assistant.
    in the "My schedule" section it seemed you could go foward in the days but not backward.

    Just thought I'd let you guys know :)

    Sorry about that! Have you added any events to your schedule? It should only lock you out from going backwards if you're on the Friday screen.

    nickswar on
  • 3ricG3ricG New Jersey/PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is the pax assistant app available on iOS?

    3ricG on
    rd4rhJL.png
  • nickswarnickswar Registered User
    edited February 2011
    3ricG wrote: »
    Is the pax assistant app available on iOS?

    Sorry, Android only. I do believe the Conventionist is on iOS though.

    nickswar on
  • stishdrstishdr Registered User
    edited February 2011
    so with the my events, is there any type of alarm or vibrate that goes off at that time it starts? as a reminder.

    stishdr on
  • lillblillb Registered User
    edited February 2011
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    haha yeah i'm debating buying an extra battery for pax. any suggestions? i also don't want an extra battery unless i have a seperate charger to go with it. any suggestions?

    I got 2 batteries and a charger for the batteries on eBay for under $10. Shouldn't be too hard to find unless you have an obscure phone.

    lillb on
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    rabbitbot wrote: »
    I just messed around with the PAX Assistant.
    in the "My schedule" section it seemed you could go foward in the days but not backward.

    Just thought I'd let you guys know :)

    i filled my schedule all up, and did not have this problem. awesome app guys, thanks! i particularly like the vibrating twitter feature.

    also, will a new update need to be downloaded when hgtpe becomes available?

    tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • nickswarnickswar Registered User
    edited February 2011
    stishdr wrote: »
    so with the my events, is there any type of alarm or vibrate that goes off at that time it starts? as a reminder.

    Nope, but I might add that and schedule collision detection by Prime.
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    rabbitbot wrote: »
    I just messed around with the PAX Assistant.
    in the "My schedule" section it seemed you could go foward in the days but not backward.

    Just thought I'd let you guys know :)

    i filled my schedule all up, and did not have this problem. awesome app guys, thanks! i particularly like the vibrating twitter feature.

    also, will a new update need to be downloaded when hgtpe becomes available?

    HGtPE will require an update from the market.

    nickswar on
  • ProximaProxima Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey all,

    PAX East guide is now live on Conventionist!

    http://conventionist.com/getit

    Enjoy, and let us know if you see any schedule or exhibitor inconsistencies... we have the ability to push updates even during the show, so let us know!

    Cheers!

    Proxima on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Proxima wrote: »
    Hey all,

    PAX East guide is now live on Conventionist!

    http://conventionist.com/getit

    Enjoy, and let us know if you see any schedule or exhibitor inconsistencies... we have the ability to push updates even during the show, so let us know!

    Cheers!

    final round of the omegathon is missing from your schedule.

    SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Proxima wrote: »
    Hey all,

    PAX East guide is now live on Conventionist!

    http://conventionist.com/getit

    Enjoy, and let us know if you see any schedule or exhibitor inconsistencies... we have the ability to push updates even during the show, so let us know!

    Cheers!

    Trying to download the guide right now on my HTC incredible and it was just spinning and spinning and not getting anywhere.

    I had to close out of the app, re-open it and then I was able to open the guide, it then told me there was an update available. That download appeared to process normally (the bar actually filled rather then it just spinning and doing nothing).

    So not sure if I got a minor hiccup or if its a loading issue with the Android App.

    ransim on
  • ProximaProxima Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You likely caught us right in the middle of uploading the update. We corrected a few minor scheduling changes. Let us know if you see anything else though, we want to keep it as up to date as possible.

    Thanks

    Proxima on
  • T-DawgT-Dawg Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sweet! I was just coming here to check on if there was any news on the Conventionist being updated yet.

    Talk about service!

    T-Dawg on
  • DragonDragon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The Conventionist is now ready for you alls who bee wantin the download...yarrr (lol, not sure why I'm being all pirate-esk, but whatever)

    I also use PAX assistant...works well in case the other is overloaded :)

    Dragon on
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just a head up on the PAX Assistant.

    Nick Swar has my HGtPE and when he has an available moment he'll implement it and you guys can update and enjoy it. I believe he is busy during the week with school and stuff so hopefully this weekend-ish.

    Rdr on
  • psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dragon wrote: »
    The Conventionist is now ready for you alls who bee wantin the download...yarrr (lol, not sure why I'm being all pirate-esk, but whatever)

    I also use PAX assistant...works well in case the other is overloaded :)


    Good to see I'm not the only one using both. I have both on my Android phone and Conventionist on my iPod Touch. You know, in case of battery life....and stuff....

    psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

    -Italo Calvino
  • lillblillb Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Been checking out the Conventionist since the update went up. Really looks great, and I will be using it during PAX.

    lillb on
  • KestreKestre Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Awesome that PAX is on Conventionist. I used it last month for Arisia and it was much easier to use than the paper program. Yay!

    Kestre on
  • Odog4everOdog4ever Registered User
    edited March 2011
    jacalata wrote: »
    I put my pax app on the marketplace for windows phone 7 the other day, it's here:
    Pax Digital Assistant | zune://navigate/?appID=6e56d005-983a-e011-854c-00237de2db9e


    Just downloaded it and pinned to my Start page. Thanks a lot!

    Odog4ever on
  • BarkBark Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just want to say thanks for the apps. They are awesome!

    Bark on
    sl1ao1t19fl8.png
  • nickswarnickswar Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Just to let everyone know, I put a new update out for PAX Assistant (vr 1.3.1) a minute ago. It now has the full HGtPE, and to be honest, it's pretty cool having the full thing offline. There are a couple small updates in there too.

    nickswar on
  • DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Anything for WebOS? Even if it's not an app, is there a good mobile site for stuff?

    DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • SchlockSchlock Registered User, ClubPA
    edited March 2011
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    Anything for WebOS? Even if it's not an app, is there a good mobile site for stuff?

    *Cricket sounds* Yeah, I think we're on our own. The mobile version of the Hitchiker's Guide looks good though:
    http://www.hgpaxeast.com/mobile/

    Schlock on
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    nickswar wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know, I put a new update out for PAX Assistant (vr 1.3.1) a minute ago. It now has the full HGtPE, and to be honest, it's pretty cool having the full thing offline. There are a couple small updates in there too.

    Playing around with the schedule today and I noticed some odd behavior. Not sure if it was by design or what, but if I scroll to the bottom of Friday and then go to Saturday, I am at the bottom of the Saturday list too. Since I'm filling my schedule, I was expecting to go from Friday night to Saturday morning.

    Is it by design or just a weird quirk?

    contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • MahonayMahonay Registered User
    edited March 2011
    This is a fantastic App, already created my PAX East scehdule on it, thank you!

    Side note: I can't seem to zoom into the convention floor map at all, cant' really make out details. I am using an older iTouch, is it just my hardware or is that not a feature?

    Mahonay on
  • nickswarnickswar Registered User
    edited March 2011
    contrefait wrote: »
    nickswar wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know, I put a new update out for PAX Assistant (vr 1.3.1) a minute ago. It now has the full HGtPE, and to be honest, it's pretty cool having the full thing offline. There are a couple small updates in there too.

    Playing around with the schedule today and I noticed some odd behavior. Not sure if it was by design or what, but if I scroll to the bottom of Friday and then go to Saturday, I am at the bottom of the Saturday list too. Since I'm filling my schedule, I was expecting to go from Friday night to Saturday morning.

    Is it by design or just a weird quirk?

    It's a feature! Really though, it's a by-product of trying to make schedule switching slightly more efficient. I never thought it was a big deal, but I can look into making it scroll to the top or something.

    nickswar on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    nickswar wrote: »
    contrefait wrote: »
    nickswar wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know, I put a new update out for PAX Assistant (vr 1.3.1) a minute ago. It now has the full HGtPE, and to be honest, it's pretty cool having the full thing offline. There are a couple small updates in there too.

    Playing around with the schedule today and I noticed some odd behavior. Not sure if it was by design or what, but if I scroll to the bottom of Friday and then go to Saturday, I am at the bottom of the Saturday list too. Since I'm filling my schedule, I was expecting to go from Friday night to Saturday morning.

    Is it by design or just a weird quirk?

    It's a feature! Really though, it's a by-product of trying to make schedule switching slightly more efficient. I never thought it was a big deal, but I can look into making it scroll to the top or something.

    I like it as-is... my 2 cents

    zerzhul on
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Doesn't really matter to me, just an observation.

    contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • BoneriotBoneriot Registered User
    edited March 2011
    short and sweet:
    -i don't have a smart phone
    -can't get any internet on my phone, so no tweet access
    -have a Kyros Android tablet with wifi pickup
    -has very limited market

    anyone know if/how i can:
    -get the conventionalist app over onto it
    or
    -get a different version of andriod on it where i'd have the ability to dl the normal conventionalist app

    it seems like having access to that app and the various twitter feeds opens up a huge amount of information and i REALLY don't want to have to drag my 17inch laptop with me the whole time.

    Boneriot on
  • lillblillb Registered User
    edited March 2011
    if you can get a hold of the the .apk for it you can install it. A quick search doesn't seem like they offer a direct download of the .apk and only host it through the Android Market. I'm assuming you don't have the actual Android Market on there so that's why you can't get to it right?

    If you're technically inclined you can check out this link: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-tablets/5758-super-easy-way-root-get-android-market-your-kyros.html

    lillb on
  • BoneriotBoneriot Registered User
    edited March 2011
    unfortunately the tablet comes with an "appslib" directory that is incredibly lacking.
    i have never come across that page you linked in my searches, if that can get my the proper market then i will do so tonight.

    a thousand gratitudes and my hand by your side in battle



    EDIT: thankyou for the move, the other thread was unnecessary as i did not see this.

    Boneriot on
  • BoneriotBoneriot Registered User
    edited March 2011
    tumblr_lhmg1qNpSz1qb64xb


    Nickswar's PAX app running on my tablet, the layout is perfect and scales fantastically.
    the tablet only has wifi but it means that i can hop into the neighboring hotel every few hours to update info and check the twitter feeds.

    honestly it's inclusion of the hitchikers guide and a scheduling layout is going to be the most useful thing beside the built in twitter feed!

    my grattitude is plentiful and varied.
    now off to try and put the google marketplace on this badboy. who needs sleep anyways?

    Boneriot on
  • nickswarnickswar Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Boneriot wrote: »
    tumblr_lhmg1qNpSz1qb64xb


    Nickswar's PAX app running on my tablet, the layout is perfect and scales fantastically.
    the tablet only has wifi but it means that i can hop into the neighboring hotel every few hours to update info and check the twitter feeds.

    honestly it's inclusion of the hitchikers guide and a scheduling layout is going to be the most useful thing beside the built in twitter feed!

    my grattitude is plentiful and varied.
    now off to try and put the google marketplace on this badboy. who needs sleep anyways?


    Nice, glad it worked out for you! That does look pretty good on the tablet too.

    nickswar on
Sign In or Register to comment.