As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MegaMan 8-Bit Calendars (July - Heat Man)

2»

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yayerh! I give you an A for AWESOME

m3nace on
  • Options
    PhthanoPhthano Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    These are great.

Phthano on
  • Options
    PeterAndCompanyPeterAndCompany Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Here's July, with Heat Man. Putting this one together brought back painful memories of how many times this level kicked my ass.

And yes, while you can get away with using nothing but Metal Man's weapon to take out every boss in the game, I'm keeping with the intended weakness. Just want to have a variety of weapons on display, hehe.

July2011.jpg

And the hi-res.

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    YES

Heatman kicks some serious dick, another good looking layout.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I always used the Rocket Rush to glide through that impossible disappearing cube section.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I always used the Rocket Rush to glide through that impossible disappearing cube section.

I've only seen one person do it the other way.
    That person was not me.

see317 on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I had to go back and see what invisible blocks we were talking about, and haha, yeah. I had to use Rocket Rush as well. It's a bummer because Heat Man is so easy, you can beat him with the buster just by timing his attacks, but it's getting to him that's hard.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I never ride on rocket fpr the heatman stage because I am a man, and and a real man needs no wonderdog. Except for that part later in Wily's lair that you have to.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I never ride on rocket fpr the heatman stage because I am a man, and and a real man needs no wonderdog. Except for that part later in Wily's lair that you have to.

You probably do Quickman's stage without using the flash stopper too.

see317 on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am so disappointed I'm only seeing this now. I hope it's alright if I plug these on The Mega Man Network?

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Absolutely! Hehe thanks so much, dude. Anything to spread these around to whomever wants them.

Next on the list is Magnet Man for September. I swapped it with Metal Man for November's slot when I realized I would have three MM2 bosses in a row. Variety!

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    see317 wrote: »

that level cheats. it makes it so you want to use flash stopper to get to the guy, then it's the special weapon that kills him, but you have no energy left!

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Posted, provided you can view the site. :P

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    GinglerGingler Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Could I ask you for bubble man in february, he's my favorite robot master and well.. my birthday is in february <: ?

Gingler on
  • Options
    RestartRestart Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    These are awesome, definitely gonna use em now!

Restart on
    spritesWalk.gif
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    rfilyaw wrote: »

that level cheats. it makes it so you want to use flash stopper to get to the guy, then it's the special weapon that kills him, but you have no energy left!

Who can play that level without the Flashstopper??? It cant be done, I say!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think you all are forgetting one minor detail:

Rush didn't come in until MegaMan 3. In 2 you just had three numbered Extra abilities.

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

. . . .

didn't even know you could do this.

20 years later.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I use Item #2 in Heat Man's stage because I don't like being angry.

But I can totally get through Quick Man's stage without the Time Stopper. Go figure.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So as to make my request official, maybe: do Mega Man 9 and 10 count for this?

Because a Nitro Man May would be awesome...

...I'd normally say Turbo Man, but he's 16 bit, not counting WonderSwan or NGPC or something.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    Dr MoocowzDr Moocowz Registered User new member
    I'm missing September and can't find it on the site! :(