As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PPDEast-See you next year!

12346»

• Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    iAlex0488 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! 3rd PAX for me and first one for my sister. I've never been to a pre-PAX dinner. Can I just buy the tickets/food-selection on this web-page, http://ppdeast.eventbrite.com/, or do I need "permission"?

Ya go ahead and purchase away without permission.

Rdr on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cadmia wrote: »
    And my veggie friend, I have not forgotten you! I'm calling Dick's tomorrow.

Hurray! I am generally expecting to get extra harassed for my meal preference at a place like Dick's :)

Since there are two definite veggies and one possible veggie I want to see what kind of options they have and then I'll make special tickets.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Are there still tickets available? I'm trying to convince my significant other that this is a great idea before they run out and I want to make sure that this is not in vain.

LedaXI on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Tickets are available until Midnight tomorrow. Veggies: I haven't forgotten about you, I'm working on it!

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just snagged the last Ribs meal.

Plenty of the other options left.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'll fix that lol.

Edit: Actually I won't. Aside from the three vegetarians we're now officially sold out. I'll be calling in the final numbers to Dick's tomorrow as well as creating the veggie tickets.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    And there isn't room for two more? I just got my fiance to say we could go thinking that we still had time. =\

LedaXI on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I have to talk to Dick's to find out how many more people they can accommodate. 20 some odd tickets were bought in the last 3 days.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Okay. If there is room, let me know here or via PM. We would really like to attend. If there isn't, I understand.

LedaXI on
  • Options
    iAlexiAlex Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for looking into the "veggie" option for me. My sister is the vegetarian. To be safe, when I ordered, I got the chicken salad ticket for her. If anything, I imagined we'd just ask for no chicken on there. Although, since you are looking into veggie options, what should I do since I already ordered? Will there be a way to change it? Thanks again!

iAlex on
  • Options
    HowMuchHowMuch Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    I guess I am way to late for this?

HowMuch on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Check your emails ticket holders.

For Thursday:
    Print your tickets and bring them!
    Arrive between 5:15 and 5:30.
    If you want booze or desert you will purchase it from your server.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Looking forward to hosting this for everyone. See you Thursday!

I'll also have PAX Forum Badges if you're interesting in getting one of those. I'll have about 100 on me.

Rdr on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Rdr wrote: »
    Looking forward to hosting this for everyone. See you Thursday!

I'll also have PAX Forum Badges if you're interesting in getting one of those. I'll have about 100 on me.

I will surely try to snag one from you.

A couple of questions to no one in particular.

Should I bring any of my trading cards to this? (I surely asked before and am too lazy to re-read my old posts)

Are people planning on going to this, then back to their hotel to get changed, and then go to the Pokecrawl or are most people going right from here to the crawl? I ask this because I don't think I would want to bring my cards with me to the crawl. (That is if I bring my cards to this)

I can' wait!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm certainly going straight from dinner to the crawl, as long as it's ok that I show up to the dinner dressed as a pokémon...

cynthetic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    cynthetic wrote: »
    I'm certainly going straight from dinner to the crawl, as long as it's ok that I show up to the dinner dressed as a pokémon...

No animals at the table!

I am maybe going to be a trainer. Heh.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    this dinner and starting bars are close on purpose. I plan bringing my cards

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Yea, I mean, are you bringing a backpack of sorts? From us talking in the crawl thread, seems the bars will be packed and you will want to not have a lot on you.

Just wanting to get an idea of who is doing what.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm bringing a very small amount of my business cards with me, and will either have them in my clutch purse, or if I don't bring that... my...shirt, because I unfortunately will not have pockets. lol.

If you don't want to bring them, though, I wouldn't stress too much. You probably aren't going to meet anyone in these events that you can't track down on the forum.

I'm bringing as little as possible with me.

cynthetic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    redfield85 wrote: »

Yea, I mean, are you bringing a backpack of sorts? From us talking in the crawl thread, seems the bars will be packed and you will want to not have a lot on you.

Just wanting to get an idea of who is doing what.

Well I will have a messenger bag. I have a bunch of other shit on me so cards and other stuff isn't an issue.

Rdr on
  • Options
    NendaiNendai Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've got to work a bit later than I'd like. So my expected arrival at South Station is 5:15pm. With a 15 minute walk that means expected arrival at 5:30.

However, the method is bus. So that may or may not be +/- 15 mins to 7 hours (seriously, last weekend a 4 hour bus ride turned into 11). Is it going to be any issue if I arrive a little late. And is there any contact info I can get, in case I need to inform you of unexpected tardiness.

General Question:
    Anyone have any brilliant ideas for transporting my bag back to the Park Plaza hotel between the meal and the pokecrawl. I fear I may have to chow down and leave dinner a bit early, as rolling my bag around bars while not entirely sober may have severe consequences (also hoping Dick's will have some method of dealing with a bag).

Nendai on
    PAX East 2011
    Pokecrawl: Team Bulbasaur Group B|PAX Trading Cards!|PrePAX Dinner
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'd cab it personally.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thank you everyone for coming out last night. I spoke with the manager at Dick's, Rdr and a couple attendees who gave good reviews of the night. I heard a few late comers had to sit away from the group and I'm sorry about that. Now I want to hear how the rest of you thought it went as I'm heavily leaning towards Dick's for next year.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    super great. no room to mingle, which is a great thing about the prime ppd's even when the cartering had issues for two years

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png