As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2011 PAX Forum Challenge Coin - ORDERS CLOSED. That's it!

• Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My confirmation just came as well. I hope USPS gets them in time. :)

Heleor on
  • Options
    King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just got a shipping confirmation email. Here's hoping it's here by Wednesday...(very doubtful)

King of Mars on
    Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • Options
    psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Confirmation get.

I leave Thursday, so there's a small chance I'll have it. At the least, I'll have the Pax Prime one with me...

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    RazorDRazorD Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've not had any kind of confirmation since i paid, and no shipping notification yet either..

They didn't reply to my email asking if everything went through okay... :(

RazorD on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Confirmation RECEIVED!
    RazorD wrote: »
    I've not had any kind of confirmation since i paid, and no shipping notification yet either..

Hmmm... by the looks of it, they're staggering by the order of which received. And I ordered as-soon-as they had a spot on the web page to order. When did you order?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    radmaneliteradmanelite Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just got my e-mail saying my coin shipped. A little late considering I ordered on the first day, but oh well.

radmanelite on
    Just don't ask! :)
  • Options
    papaprinnypapaprinny Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My, those came out looking good, if I may say so.

papaprinny on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig1.jpg
  • Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    papaprinny wrote: »
    My, those came out looking good, if I may say so.

Agreed! My five coins arrived today and I have to say they are looking great!

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Can't wait to hold mine and cuddle with it at night.

Rdr on
  • Options
    OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Those look gorgeous, but I haven't heard any word from them since I ordered. Ffffffffffffff I don't think they're going to come before PAX, BAH.

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Got my shipping confirmation today. I hope they get here before Wednesday. =/

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My shipping order confirmation came on Saturday. I have a hope that I might see it before I leave but I'm not holding my breath.

These guys did their best I'm sure to try and get these out to us on time but with the revision and the amount of orders we had, I think we overwhelmed them.

Oldmangloom315 on
  • Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Got my shipping confirmation yesterday, and they arrived today. And, as previously mentioned, they look AWESOME. Great job on putting this together, guys! I wasn't expecting them to be quite this big - none of the pics I've seen really put them into perspective, so here's a pic of one in the palm of the average 6'3" nerd male:
    PAXEastCoin.jpg

You could do some serious damage with one of these and a sling . . .

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Got my shipping confirmation on Saturday. USPS is still just saying it received the electronic shipping notification...I leave for the hotel Thursday afternoon. Hopefully I'll get the coins before then, but if not, I guess I can live without having them at the con itself.

Themiscyra on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Themiscyra wrote: »
    Got my shipping confirmation on Saturday. USPS is still just saying it received the electronic shipping notification...I leave for the hotel Thursday afternoon. Hopefully I'll get the coins before then, but if not, I guess I can live without having them at the con itself.

You should - they're shipped priority mail, so 3 days at most. You should have them tomorrow/Wednesday at the latest.

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    got my email confirmation today :)

tortured3 on
    grym & kvlt
  • Options
    ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I imagine mine would have come today if not for the 3 ft of snow in my drive way... Thank god it hit up here and not boston X_X

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • Options
    stishdrstishdr Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    got my confirmation today as well. and im gonna say it again..those turned out AWESOME. thanks for all the effort guys. :)

stishdr on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    They do look good! Nice! Also, I got my confirmation as well! Should be arriving sometime!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I got my confirmation today! I leave for Boston tomorrow though, so really slim chance I'll have my coins then.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Got my confirmation email, but... I'm already out of town. lol. Oh well.

cynthetic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    cynthetic wrote: »

If you feel that you need one to carry around and imbue it with the magic that is PAX East, I can give you one of my spares, and you can send me a replacement when you get home . . .

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Have not got a confirmation e-mail but I'm feeling lucky...I think it will surprise me and come today :)

rentfn on
  • Options
    SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cynthetic wrote: »

Same here sadly one of them was slated for the pokecrawl as a prize guess thats a maik to winner prize

Singollo on
  • Options
    UtahUtah Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    RazorD wrote: »

I'm in the same boat you are, RazorD : no confirmation, no shipping notification, no reply to my email. I even called them this afternoon. They said they'd call me back with more info, but nothing yet.

It definitly seems like it's more attention than they're used to. I'd be upset, but those coins just look so GOOD!

Hopefully, the 3 I ordered actually show up :)

Utah on
  • Options
    reverend_tobiasreverend_tobias Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I got my confirmation email yesterday and just checked the tracking number. With any luck, they'll be at my door tomorrow morning...right before I board the train. It's going to be a close call!

reverend_tobias on
  • Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is it "normal" for a challenge coin to have both sides oriented in the same direction? That is, on both the obverse and reverse, "up" is the same direction. On most money coins that I know of, the sides are reversed - if you spin a quarter along its vertical axis, the "tails" side will be upside-down when George Washington is up. Obviously not a complaint, just something curious I noticed (stupid OCD). It's actually kind of cool I guess that you can spin it and both sides are oriented correctly.

Also, FYI: I took one of my coins out of the protective shell and started carrying it around. It was a little tacky at first, but I rinsed it with water and a paper towel and it seems to be better now.

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    BoozegoodBoozegood Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Would have liked to have had one of these at the Marine Corps Ball haha!

Boozegood on
  • Options
    CreidhesCreidhes Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    flatline wrote: »
    Is it "normal" for a challenge coin to have both sides oriented in the same direction? That is, on both the obverse and reverse, "up" is the same direction.

I have several actual military challenge coins and they are just as above. Right side up is the same for both sides.

Creidhes on
  • Options
    karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    flatline wrote: »
    Is it "normal" for a challenge coin to have both sides oriented in the same direction? That is, on both the obverse and reverse, "up" is the same direction. On most money coins that I know of, the sides are reversed - if you spin a quarter along its vertical axis, the "tails" side will be upside-down when George Washington is up. Obviously not a complaint, just something curious I noticed (stupid OCD). It's actually kind of cool I guess that you can spin it and both sides are oriented correctly.

Also, FYI: I took one of my coins out of the protective shell and started carrying it around. It was a little tacky at first, but I rinsed it with water and a paper towel and it seems to be better now.

Yeah, I think it's normal for challenge coins to be oriented like that. Honestly, you can ask them to orient them any way you want. However, since most people submit artwork with an up and down, I think it just generally is easier to align the two sides the same way rather than try to get them flipped precisely.

karmacappa on
    "In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • Options
    MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Who has 2 thumbs and PAX East 2011 challenge coins?

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • Options
    reverend_tobiasreverend_tobias Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just got mine, only two hours before boarding the train. These things look nice!

reverend_tobias on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    No shipping notice yet. A little disappointed, but hopefully my order is still valid.

Artereis on
  • Options
    BlasTechBlasTech Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I saw one of these in person last night courtesy of Khadour. They are extremely high quality and mega-cool. I'm jealous.

BlasTech on
    Black Hat Crew : NERDCORE : www.myspace.com/blackhatcrew
  • Options
    papaprinnypapaprinny Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Alas, it seems I will not have mine before hopping onto the plane. But they will be waiting for me when I get back.

papaprinny on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig1.jpg
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Taking off tonight and the mail already came. Sadness.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I received mine...they're awesome. Definitely worth having and waiting for. I'll be finding myself a nice case to put this in.

Oldmangloom315 on
  • Options
    WizMasterWizMaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just received mine. Very good but the "case" it comes in will have to be replaced.

WizMaster on
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Got mine today, they're so purrrrrty!
    PAXcoins.gif

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Got mine. So pretty! Can't seem to get the lighting right to get a good picture, though.

antherem on