As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2011 Concert Info Thread

AaronCAaronC Enforcer - LieutenantPortland OregonRegistered User regular
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
Greetings All!

As promised in an earlier thread, here is the newest information regarding the concerts at PAX East 2011.

1. Concerts will not require wristbands. They are on a first come first served basis. You may line up anytime in the lobby area (the lobby area for the concert area is separate from any other lobby). Admittance will be up to the max allowed by the fire marshal and if we hit capacity then as people leave. We never hit capacity at East last year.

2. Concerts will be standing only (except for medical access area). No seats! (that said, there may be seats in the back, still in the works on this one, but its likely).

3. There will be a medical access area on one side of the stage. This is for any attendee with a medical badge and their +1. There will be chairs and room for wheelchairs here. Attendee's with a medical pass will be allowed early access so they can avoid the rush to the front of the stage. If you arrive after the concerts start we will do our best to get to you the area, but no guarantees. This area will be barricaded off from the crowd, so you won't have anyone on top of you (unless you want your +1 on top of you).

4. There will be bathrooms available to those in line and those in the concert. You will be able to use the bathroom and go back into the concert without having to go back in any line. If we're at capacity then you won't have to get back in line.

5. If we are at capacity and you leave the actual concert then you'll have to wait in line (if there is any) to get back in. If were not at capacity you can come and go as you please.

6. There is no balcony.

7. No booze or weed inside the concert hall. Water and such is ok. Seriously, no weed. That's just not cool.

There will be food and drink sold in the lobby.

We are going to allow food at first. We'll see if people make a huge mess and create issues. If they do, then food will go back to being banned. If not, we'll keep the food ok policy.

8. If you think you might need earplugs please bring them. If your bringing kids, please bring earplugs for them.

9. The concerts will be shown in Room 235 via videocast.

Lineup will begin as early as 4 pm, if you really want to sit around 4 hours before the concerts start.

As I get more info I'll post it here. If you have questions ask them here, I will reply if I have the answer. Caveat: I am in Saudi Arabia for work right now, my internet is spotty and I may not respond immediately.

AaronC on

• Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Are slurrified früt compounds allowed in the concert area?
    1142710531_2hmwb-L.jpg
    1147120024_YJaho-L.jpg
    1148982942_9gK6P-XL.jpg

Seriously though... are they?

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    BingarossoBingarosso Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Does this mean the line up is not set yet? Possibility of Anamanguchi or other surprise bands?

Bingarosso on
    LDN-text-with-logo1.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Bingarosso wrote: »
    Does this mean the line up is not set yet? Possibility of Anamanguchi or other surprise bands?

I am pretty sure he means once who is playing what day is set in stone.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Has there been word on whether the Video Game Orchestra will return?

wonderpug on
  • Options
    OrosoOroso Enforcer PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    In no particular order: Jonathan Coulton, Metroid Metal, The Protomen, Paul and Storm, MC Frontalot, and Video Game Orchestra.

Per http://east.paxsite.com/

Oroso on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thanks much. Even with you pointing it out it took me a bit to see where it was listed. I've been looking in the FAQ and the Schedule pages.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    AaronCAaronC Enforcer - Lieutenant Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Its already on the paxsite, but the lineup is:

Fri:
    Protomen
    Frontalot
    Metroid Metal

Sat:
    VGO
    P+S
    JoCo

It may not be in that order and things are always subject to change.

AaronC on
  • Options
    MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    1. Will there be a thrust stage like last year?
    2. Will there be a closed off VIP area in front (like last year)?
    3. Will Evil Genius Designs/Get In Line Games be facilitating queue entertainment again?
    4. Will the concerts be streamed anywhere (seems they were in BYOC last Prime)?

Thanks!

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    1. Probably.
    2. Yes.
    3. There will probably be some form of line entertainment.
    4. No streaming on the internet, there will be video shown in another venue in the BCEC

AaronC on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    MJPM wrote: »
    4. Will the concerts be streamed anywhere (seems they were in BYOC last Prime)?

If you want to see the performances without attending and don't mind waiting a while, last year pretty much every part of the concerts ended up on Youtube.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    Are slurrified früt compounds allowed in the concert area?
    1142710531_2hmwb-L.jpg
    1147120024_YJaho-L.jpg
    1148982942_9gK6P-XL.jpg

Seriously though... are they?

I would still like to know if Tropicana Tropolis will be allowed in the concert hall.
    It is a real product that I think I would enjoy injesting during a concert.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Seriously?

Well, ok here is your answer: Sure.

If you can hide it in a backpack, and don't make an issue out of it by spilling or annoying anyone then I don't really care. If you try to bring a chili corn dog in and eat it up front, then we have an issue. If you don't make a mess with it, you should be fine.

AaronC on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Bump for new info.

AaronC on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    AaronC wrote: »
    Greetings All!
    Lineup will begin as early as 4 pm, if you really want to sit around 4 hours before the concerts start.

You'd be surprised. I lined up at 5:15 PM last Prime on Friday, and was the 3rd person there. The time passed faster than you might think.

Thanks for all of the information. This will help me in my "strategery".

MJPM on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    We're letting the line for the concerts to start as early as 4 PM. We WILL be showing them in other areas of the building. More info to come
    http://twitter.com/Official_PAX/status/43876856876892160

Oroso on
  • Options
    LordBraska1999LordBraska1999 Bahston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm really looking to see when VGO is going to do their show as well as MM...anyone know??

LordBraska1999 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    MM on Friday, VGO opening on Saturday

wonderpug on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Seriously?

Well, ok here is your answer: Sure.

If you can hide it in a backpack, and don't make an issue out of it by spilling or annoying anyone then I don't really care. If you try to bring a chili corn dog in and eat it up front, then we have an issue. If you don't make a mess with it, you should be fine.

Thanks for answering my question.

I promise to squeeze the fruit gel directly into my mouth and not onto the floor or into another person's orifice. :^:

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Things change. We are going to allow food and drink (no booze) into the theater for night and day, unless it becomes a problem. If everyone observes Wheaton's Law then we'll allow it for Sat and Sun as well.

AaronC on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Things change. We are going to allow food and drink (no booze) into the theater for night and day, unless it becomes a problem. If everyone observes Wheaton's Law then we'll allow it for Sat and Sun as well.

Siiiick!

*brings 10 fastfood meals for myself and friends to nom*

*everyone stares*

mmmphmunchmmf--what?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm sure you all religiously follow the Official_PAX twitter, but just in case:
    For those that cannot get into the concerts, they, as well as most of our main theatre content, will be shown in Room 253 as well!

Oroso on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oroso wrote: »
    I'm sure you all religiously follow the Official_PAX twitter, but just in case:
    For those that cannot get into the concerts, they, as well as most of our main theatre content, will be shown in Room 253 as well!

That's FANTASTIC news! I hope that helps those who miss it. Will that be an internal stream to the convention center, or a web stream I wonder?

MJPM on