As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Decipher Cardgames? (.hack//ENEMY specific)

ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
edited February 2006 in PAX Archive
Who here plays any Decipher Card Games?

I'm trying to keep the Faith with .hack//Enemy, even though Decipher made the extremely poor desicion to axe it along with everything else that wasnt LOTR or Trek.

would any of you be willing to bring their .hack or any other Decipher games to PAX? if we could get some organised play or some unofficial tourneys for .hack, I woiuld be a very happy panda.

I still have Trek and LOTR also, But I only really feel like playing Trek or .hack. I hate LOTR for killing .hack :( they axe .hack so they can continue something they have little to no new content for? .hack has a whole other 3 part series of games coming out this summer, and decipher didnt even touch the Manga or the //DUSK anime.

enough of my rant, will anyone play this once great card game with me? I could play Trek too but, I would HONESTLY prefer to play .hack.

Clawshrimpy on

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2006
    I see Decipher, I think Star Wars.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Exactly, Decipher keeps Axeing good products, it's a damn shame to see such good games die like Star Wars and .hack

Buit from what Decipher people said, as long as these games get played and sanctioned tornaments still hapeen, these games will live on. and it's possible that minds will change, it's how Trek got revived into a whole second edition.

Also, I can be a TD (Tournament Director) for .hack as I really know the rules of .hack inside and out, and would be happy to teach people how to play and run a tourney at PAX. as I am also Regiustered as a TD for Decipher and can make them sanctioned.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    AAGH DAMMIT DECIPHER DID NOT AXE STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I get a bit emotional. Lucasfilm ate a big bowl of Retard-O's and decided to give the rights to a Star Wars card game to Wizards of the Coast, leaving Decipher high and dry. The best card game in the world combined with the best license in the entire world was cut down in its prime.

I still mourn that loss.

However, last year at PAX I played a few games of SWCCG with a nice fellow whose name I cannot remember. I think he had hair. I lost brutally, not only because I suck but because I brought my crappy decks because my friend had the good ones.

Anyone want to play some SWCCG?

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Yeah, sorry about that.

I'm still shook up that Decipher Axed "Best Trading Card Game of 2003" in order to hold onto Lord of the fucking Rings which wasnt even as good compared to .hack. the trusth is they werent losing money on .hack. it's Beyblade, Megaman, and Lord of the Rings itself costing them money.

I allways wanted to learn SWCCG, is it complicated? (or at least easier than LOTR?)

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I always felt the Decipher Star Wars CCG was awful myself... And never touched any of their other games.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    .hack was actually a hell of a lot simpler and different from the other games. a lot more intuitive, and it didnt take a lot of time to play like LOTR and other games.

Clawshrimpy on