As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NHL] Boring Trade Deadline, since it wasn't last week..

• Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I hate you

tofu on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    OSUJumpMan wrote: »
    Damnit Astronauts, I needed you to beat the Tire Irons to put me in a tie for 2nd in the West. You had to go and lose by 0.2 points, didn't you?

#DanEllisProblems

Yeeeaaaaaahahahahahaha!

One more win going into the playoffs would be nice, but even if it doesn't happen I've been really pleased with how the fantasy league went.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    3v3v Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If Parise didn't tear up his Knee and if Getlazf didn't take a puck to his already ugly face right after I traded for him and Raask didn't turn out to get no goal support in any game he's played this season...

I probably would have still come in 3rd in the East.

Dammit.

3v on
    512285-1.png
    PantsB wrote: »
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
    White People 4 gate like this
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Ugh, Flyers. Such a disgrace.

edit: PUUUUUUKE.

That was absolutely embarrassing.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What's the tiebreaker in the fantasy league? I would have assumed it would be points for but I'm listed behind the Tire Irons.

Sevorak on
    steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Playoff Seeding Tie Breaker - Head to Head Record

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So Rick Rypien and the Moose are holding a press conference today. It's the first time he's spoken since he left for personal reasons.

This shall be interesting.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is where he announces that he destroyed all the horcruxes that were keeping the Canucks from winning the cup. Each original six team was in possession of one. The last one was tricky to find, because Toronto's was stolen by Alberta.

...i have to make the joke now, as the real story will probably be somewhat sad.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Matrias wrote: »
    This is where he announces that he destroyed all the horcruxes that were keeping the Canucks from winning the cup. Each original six team was in possession of one. The last one was tricky to find, because Toronto's was stolen by Alberta.

...i have to make the joke now, as the real story will probably be somewhat sad.

:D

:(

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The Moose = Johan Hedberg?

He still plays Hockey?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Manitoba Moose, you silly willy.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I never tought a Bolt / Caps game would had ended up 1-1 after 65 minutes.

Anyways, HUGE game tonight. Absolute must win for the Habs if they want to keep the slighest chances of winning the division.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It seems like every game is a must-win these days

tofu on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If you're seeded 3 trough 13 in the western conference, yes it definitively is that way. The large amounts of 3 points game make it even worse.

I think the NHL should use the same pt system than in the olympics, that way every game is worth the same amount of points.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So Chara just murdered Pacioretty . . .

OSUJumpMan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    God, I hope he's okay.

It was so horrible to watch.

Update: He's been taken to Montreal General, regained consciousness before being loaded in the ambulence, and was able to move extremities. So, hopefully just a concussion (which is bad, but is not broken neck bad).

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    TheSmackerTheSmacker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Here's the video of the hit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx2AxYxgqRA

TheSmacker on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Holy fuck, that's one of the worst injuries I've ever seen. His head hits the edge of the glass AND bounces off the ice.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    PENGUINS WON AGAIN YAY

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Rikushix wrote: »
    Holy fuck, that's one of the worst injuries I've ever seen. His head hits the edge of the glass AND bounces off the ice.

ugh. and the sound was horrifying.

OSUJumpMan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, that sound was the worst.

It appears youtube has placed an age restriction on TheSmacker's video, which is a bit bizarre.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, that sound was the worst.

It appears youtube has placed an age restriction on TheSmacker's video, which is a bit bizarre.

I don't know if there's a group of people that are gaming the system but there are like 400 dislikes and 100 likes...so I wouldn't be surprised if multiple people reported it for inappropriate content.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    3v3v Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Reminds me of the Lemiuex(?)-Draper hit from like over a decade ago.

3v on
    512285-1.png
    PantsB wrote: »
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
    White People 4 gate like this
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Here's a video with an angle from above. Around 55s on. You can see how Chara just pushed him into the stanchion with his left arm (you can't really see it from the other angle).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jimZ1tSdPY0&feature=player_embedded#at=65

Suspendable?

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    No, that was a blatant and incredibly dirty board. This was interference + he hit him in a really bad spot to be hit. It's a problem with rink design. It's disrespectful and lacks awareness of surroundings but I don't think there was intent to injure there like there was with Claude.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    No.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't think Chara will get suspended because they will play the "no intent to injure" card with that hit, but you can probably make a good enough case for a suspension. Chara needs to know his whereabouts on the ice and he needs to know when it is safe and when it is not safe to make a hit like that. Whenever you are talking about hits into the boards, the difference between a clean and an illegal hit can sometimes the exact location where it happens. 99.99% of the time, nobody gets hurt with that hit, but at the wrong location, its a real nasty hit.

The sound of his head clanging off the post there is really really gross.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So Sportsnet just showed a clip of the Phoenix fans for a few seconds and one woman was knitting.

I believe that says it all about Phoenix.

edit: Also, there's someone behind the Canucks bench wearing a Maple Leafs jersey (???)

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That hit left me speechless. I dont expect anything from the NHL tough, Chara will get suspended 3 games at the most. 1 game wouldnt even surprise me.

Get well soon, Max!

Jean on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    3 points each for Hank and Danny and Hamhuis gets a pair of goals! Not a bad night.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    WibodWibod Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Rikushix wrote: »
    So Sportsnet just showed a clip of the Phoenix fans for a few seconds and one woman was knitting.

I believe that says it all about Phoenix.

edit: Also, there's someone behind the Canucks bench wearing a Maple Leafs jersey (???)

Leaf fans being leaf fans mostly.

The sound of his head hitting the stanchion, ughhhh.

Wibod on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    3 STARS by: Coyotes Broadcasting Team

1. PHX G 30 I.BRYZGALOV
    2. PHX C 20 E.BELANGER
    3. VAN D 2 D.HAMHUIS

Good grief. Yeah, Bryzgalov is totally first star material, with 4 goals on 39 shots.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    ShockwaveShockwave Back In Black Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That was brutal, but yeah, I don't think Chara was trying to injure him. The Nuck's have been playing well, nice to see them rolling along again.

Shockwave on
    shockwavesig.jpg
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Was watching Sportsnet. Gary Valke seems to think it was a dirty hit, and that stanchion positions was something are something all players are aware of.

Though I bet Chara gets nothing for it.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Can they not put some rubber or something on those things?

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Maybe those big foam pads they put on the bottom of chair lift towers.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    They are padded.

Also, Pittsburgh has a knitting lady, too. thepensblog.com used to make fun of her a lot, but then she read it and emailed them and was talking about how she's been a life long fan and goes to all sorts of games.

In fact, The 2009 Stanley Cup playoffs provided two of my most memorable “knitting at the hockey game” moments. The first came in round 2, game 5 against the Washington Capitals at Verizon Center in DC. For the second time that series, we were in a luxury suite next to the one occupied by the Penguins brass, including owner Mario Lemieux and wife Nathalie, team president David Morehouse, GM Ray Shero, and some famous parents in Troy Crosby and “The Genos.”

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/Pitt-Girl/April-2010/Five-Questions-forMichelle-The-Knitting-Lady/

So they don't make fun of her anymore.

with-mario.jpg

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I can totally understand it, I was just making fun. A good friend of mine is so adept at knitting (and crocheting for that matter) that she just does it without looking at her hands. Does it in lectures because it's basically killing two birds with one stone.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Does Chara have a history with hard hits? I didn't think he did all that much, just that he's huge and thus normally gets off better when there's ever a position for him to throw a check.

On the other hand, he's really got to know where he is on the ice. I mean, why throw a hit there anyway as he was initially right beside the player's bench, so all that would have happened was him throwing the player into his own team.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The Penguins have the second most points in the east.

They could still conceivably get the number one seed.

This is incredible.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie