As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cross-Country Supertrip 2006 [LOOK HERE]

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2006
    Okay, here's my collaboration of all the information for the Supertrip so far.

People Currently On-board (subject to change):
    LogicLB – Des Moines, Iowa
    the dough – Couer D Alene, Idaho
    the swazzo – Couer D Alene, Idaho
    Petro3773 – Columbus, Ohio
    Yoshamano – Marshall, Michigan
    Ziggo – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Puerto Rock – New York, New York
    Randomguy – Hoboken, New Jersey
    Agent Vesago – Kansas City, Missouri
    Geebs + 4 – Moline, Illinois
    Desaluta – Appleton, Wisconsin
    Nstf – Washington D.C.
    Qs23 +3 – Ann Arbor, Michigan
    FyreWulff - Omaha, Nebraska
    chouji101 +10 - Walla Walla, WA
    El Whito +1 – Claire, Michigan
    Year: 1988
    Make: Dodge
    Model: Ram Van, I think?
    Mileage: 160,000
    Luggage Cap: depends
    Passenger Cap: 10
    Condition: She can make it there and back, runs like a champ. It also looks really good, we bought it from San Diego and drove back with it. Well, he drove
    Rando_Commando +1 - Meadville, PA
    Year: ??
    Make: ??
    Model: ??
    Mileage: ??
    Luggage Cap: ??
    Passenger Cap: ??
    Condition: ??

Waypoints (subject to change):

Edgewater State Park, Cleveland, OH - Those from the northeast can meet us here and we'll have some meat before we depart. It's a good idea to have a full stomach upon departure and it's right on the lake.

University Park Mall, 6501 Grape Rd. Mishawaka, IN 46545 - Two blocks away from a free wifi hotspot at Granger Community Church and is less than 30 miles west of the junction between I-90/80 and US Route 131 so it makes a good meeting point for our friends from Michigan. There's an EB in that mall we can all converge at to give us something to do while we wait (that is, unless we wish to meet at Granger Church and usurp their internet).

Valley West Mall, I-235 and Valley West Drive, Des Moines, IA - LogicLB is planning on meeting us in Des Moines and there's a Gamestop in this particular mall (also a food court for the hungry) Also, there's another WiFi hotspot at a Panera Bread less than two blocks from there.

Daily Grind-Barnum, 511 4th St. Sioux City, IA 51101 - A coffeeshop in Sioux City with free WiFi. A good meeting spot for any potentials coming on any routes from further south (see the map above). This point may not be necessary if we don't end up with people on that route. Also, if they do come on that route, we may eliminate the Des Moines waypoint and meet LogicLB here with any potentials coming from the southern route.

Mount Rushmore, South Dakota – It may not have WiFi, but it’s a national monument and our halfway point (approximately) on our supertrip. So why not stop there for a break. This may also be a meeting point for the people coming from Colorado.

Subway, 1514 E 5th St. Sheridan, WY 82801 - It's not easy to find a mall or a WiFi hotspot in Wyoming, but this Subway is right off the highway and would make a good meeting point should triadfate and his crowd from Colorado decide to join our convoy.

Little Seattle Coffee Bar, 2310 N 4th St. Coeur D'Alene, ID 83814 - Free WiFi spot to pick up the dough and anybody he happens to drag along. There's Silverlake Mall nearby if we feel like harrassing some EB employees

Flying J Travel Plaza 2300 Canyon Road, Ellensburg, WA 98928 - Right off exit 109, they've got WiFi and food, two very important things. If Chouiji01 and his crew decide to join us for the last leg of the trip, we can meet them here at this travel plaza (trust me, these things are the bomb when you're travelling all crazy like we are). What's nice about these WiFi spots is we'll be able to keep people apprised of our progress while on the road. This will be the absolute last stop before PAX. They have gas at these things and it's only 103 miles from the Maydenbaur's doorstep.

Supertrip Kits (subject to change):
    Maps and road trip prep information
    Sponsored T-Shirts
    Car magnets/stickers for the vehicles
    Window clings/stickers for the passengers
    Special Mix CD of the performers from PAX (MC Chris, Frontalot, Minibosses, etc.)
    Demo discs from sponsors

Potential sponsors:
    Bawls
    Microsoft
    Nintendo
    Nvidia
    ATI
    EA Games
    Ubisoft
    Verizon (EVDO Networks)
    Alienware
    Sony
    Gamestop
    etc.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I'm actually flying so you can take me off the list....a shirt hookup would still be cool as a memory fo my first PAX though :wink:

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
    edited February 2006
    okay, taken care of, shame you're not going to be with us though

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2006
    yeah, i know...itd be a blast...we'll party enough out there though....I just have to fly so I dont miss too much work or school....

also, I'm still considering getting a few custom shirts for myself printed for PAX and was wondering if you had a PSD of that logo...if you dont mind me maybe using that on the front of the ones I have made (if I end up doing it)

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
    edited February 2006
    sorry, all i've got is the jpeg, i never save those pesky psds, it's just another file to confuse me :P

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2006
    thats cool....i might put something together and do a couple shirts but im not sure yet....

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
    edited February 2006
    We want to have like four or five different shirts for CCST, including a few girls shirts due to demand (not popular demand mind you, just a couple girls screaming that we need babytees). I've got a few ideas for the shirts, including a tourdate style shirt with the logo on the front and the waypoints schedule and sponsor logos on the back. Also one with the supertrip logo on the front and "DRIVER" or "PASSENGER" on the back in big-ass letters. There's a few more ideas, but those are the main ones I want to do.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2006
    I live in Meadville Pennsylvania and plan on driving to PAX. I already have a friend a need to pick up down in the Pittsburgh area so I could probly grab one or two other people depends on how much shit I have to bring with me. I'm also an Enforcer this year so I'll be leaving a little earlier than most attendees to help set up or whatever, Email me if you need a ride and I'll let you know

Unknown User on
    edited February 2006
    Coolness, what's the capacity (both luggage and human) of your vehicle, also what is the year, make, model so I can add to you the listness. Welcome aboard, yo.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2006
    As of right now I'm gonna be getting a new car within the next 2 months. So at that time I can let you know. But I should be getting something decent sized so I'm thinking atleast 1 or 2 extra people.

Unknown User on
    edited February 2006
    One quick thing, people. Feel free to use my CCST banner/sig below for your one signatures on the condition that (A) there is a link to the page included and (2) please please please dl it and post it on your own photobucket or simaler. I don't want to go over my photobucket max bandwidth limit because everybody is linking to the same item.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2006
    Papa noel is pleased. Let the chaos begin.......rAWK

Unknown User on
    edited February 2006
    Hi.

I'm Leuthy.

I'm going too.

I'm in Northwest Arkansas, picking up two chaps in Tulsa, and one in Denver.

Unknown User on
    edited February 2006
    Okay opinions time, what do you guys think of the following bumper sticker designs (i know the last two are just different colors of the same thing)

ccst.jpg

circlesticker-06.jpg

ccst-bumpersticker.jpg

ccst-bumpersticker_bk.jpg

Comments? Changes? Whatever.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Okay opinions time, what do you guys think of the following bumper sticker designs (i know the last two are just different colors of the same thing)

ccst.jpg

circlesticker-06.jpg

ccst-bumpersticker.jpg

ccst-bumpersticker_bk.jpg

Comments? Changes? Whatever.
    What's "te te mo ya"? (Katakana down the left side)

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
    edited February 2006
    random japanese characters for extra coolness

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2006
    The first two are better.

Random japanese characters and skulls are not a good idea.

DJ Eebs on
    edited February 2006
    Do ya want katakana for "Penny Arcade Expo" or something? I can hook you up.

(The characters would be phonetic, and would sound like: "pe *pause* ni * a ke - do * e ku su po")

mspencer on
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
    edited February 2006
    This is a work computer, so I don't know if this will work, but I found all the characters in char map. My "penny" was wrong anyway.

ペンニ・アケード・エクスポ

mspencer on
    edited February 2006
    what about something shorter, maybe "supertrip"

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2006
    I suggest just using the PAX look with Cross-Country SuperTrip underneath it....i'll piece some things together tomorrow that I think would look cool on the cars.....

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
    edited February 2006
    right on

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2006
    Okay this is totally awesome, thanks to ctishman for the necessary tools to get this done.

2006-CCST-logo_low_rez.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• GrifmastaGrifmasta Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    That last one looks good

Grifmasta on
    edited February 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    what about something shorter, maybe "supertrip"
    スーパー・トリップ
    phonetic (suupaa torippu)
    or:
    スーパー休暇
    This uses actual Japanese language. The two right-most kanji are pronounced "kyuuka" and the word means holiday or vacation. So it's pronounced "soo paa kyuu ka", almost like you're saying "SOO pah Cucumber."
    Or maybe: スーパー道旅行 -- for this one I cheated and asked Google to translate some stuff, so now I'm in uncharted territory. (Meaning: you REALLY want to ask an actual Japanese person before using that in public.) That set of three kanji is what I got when I asked Google to translate "road trip". I then translated back and got "road travelling", so it's probably safe, and probably closer to the intended meaning.

(The characters are big because I can only read kanji if it's huge like that. Actual Japanese people can look at a little 8-point-font blurry piece of crap, see the general shape, and know what it is from context clues. I need to be able to see every little stroke clearly or else I have no clue if it's even a character I know or not.)

mspencer on
  • Grimblade2401Grimblade2401 Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Depending on what I can figure out with work and school, I'd really like to join this trip. It sounds so awesome to travel with a bunch of other geeks to PAX. I'm in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I drive a small car ('89 Toyota Celica), so I can't take more than maybe two other people besides me with their luggage and/or snacks. I have a couple friends who might want to come, so I may not be able to take anyone else if I come, but we'll see.

Grimblade2401 on
    Stop reading my signature or I'll eat your brain.
    edited February 2006
    good shit, welcome aboard and such
    I need you along with the other colorado supertrippers to decide on which waypoint you guys prefer, Mt. Rushmore, which is a little more driving for you guys, or if you would rather i did not eliminate the Wyoming Waypoint in norther WY.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• JBob08JBob08 Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I'm stuck here, my friends and I have gone the past 2 years. The problem is that we live all the way down in Tampa Florida. I don't think it gets much further. A couple of the guys don't want to go this year so the remaining 2 of us are interested in the super trip. I was wondering if there are any sponsors yet and if so how does that help us? ALso, I have a couple local places (Web based) that would be interested in helping. What do I tell them as far as spnsoring?

Thanks
    Bobby

JBob08 on
  • Grimblade2401Grimblade2401 Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    When is the SuperTrip going to arrive at Bellevue? I was just wondering what days I should reserve a hotel room for. I have a feeling the Doubletree and Red Lion are going to fill up fast, and I'd rather not get stuck at some crappy motel because I waited too long to get reservations.

Grimblade2401 on
    Stop reading my signature or I'll eat your brain.
  • yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    If I'm not mistaken I believe we're going to arrive on Thursday. That right, Moe?

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
    edited March 2006
    Thursday afternoon/evening is our target arrival area. I like speaking in mission-style vocabulary when it comes to shit like this, so you'll just have to get used to it, captain.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    "I wanna hollar the loud funny words!"

stimpy.jpg

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • CynderCynCynderCyn MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Hey guys, this is Yoshamano's gf, I am new to the forum. I just wanted to say I am really excited about this super trip. It's going to be my first time going on an across country road trip, and going in a big group seems like it will be kick ass. If there is anything you need help with in organizing the event, I'd like to lend a hand.

CynderCyn on
    "Inflatable objects are dumb unless they are your girlfriend or a funhouse"
    edited March 2006
    CynderCyn wrote:
    Hey guys, this is Yoshamano's gf, I am new to the forum. I just wanted to say I am really excited about this super trip. It's going to be my first time going on an across country road trip, and going in a big group seems like it will be kick ass. If there is anything you need help with in organizing the event, I'd like to lend a hand.

That's great to hear. Right now, the most anybody can do (if they are in the area) would be to scope out the waypoints. I'm not asking anybody to travel 100 miles to check on one for me, but if it happens to be close to where you are, just zip on over there real quick and make sure it really exists. I plucked these things off of Google Earth, and they're not always the most up-to-date (for a while into last year they were still reporting a bar in Cleveland that was burnt down during the blackout in 2003). I would like to not show up at a waypoint to find out that isn't there anymore. For the one's nobody lives near, I'll eventually be phoning them to verify their existence.
    jbob08 wrote:
    I'm stuck here, my friends and I have gone the past 2 years. The problem is that we live all the way down in Tampa Florida. I don't think it gets much further. A couple of the guys don't want to go this year so the remaining 2 of us are interested in the super trip. I was wondering if there are any sponsors yet and if so how does that help us? ALso, I have a couple local places (Web based) that would be interested in helping. What do I tell them as far as spnsoring?

Thanks
    Bobby

Well, as of right now, we have Bawls willing to sponsor. I haven't inquired as to other sponsors because I'm waiting for my tax return (this week hopefully) so I can pick up the tax id number so we have an organization for the sponsors to sponsor. A few pages back there's a little more discussion about sponsors and what we are trying to have done with them. Stay tuned though, as things get rolling. Glad to have you guys aboard.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited March 2006
    Update goodness,

I was updating the map, which I'm not done with, and I counted out people from 17 different groups in 20 cities (or metropolitan areas). This is pretty cool. I'd like a confirmed count, but you can see for yourselves when i put up the map.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited March 2006
    okay here's an updated map, maps from previous pages are not affected by this one.
    [edit: I changed the colors to reflect that of the PAX06 frappr and added the WCST route in for comparison.]

CCST-route.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I thought it was a little early for this but since you all have begun planning I figure I might as well also. At the end of summer I may/may not be taking a road trip to NY, which means I'll need a way back to this side of the country anyway and would love to do the trip back with you all. Only problem is I won't have a car and would be lost in the giant city. I can drive though (former professional driver) and listen to really awesome music. Its either this or hop a flight to sea-tac and I don't really need that extra week anyway :)

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
    edited March 2006
    jenelle wrote:
    I thought it was a little early for this but since you all have begun planning I figure I might as well also. At the end of summer I may/may not be taking a road trip to NY, which means I'll need a way back to this side of the country anyway and would love to do the trip back with you all. Only problem is I won't have a car and would be lost in the giant city. I can drive though (former professional driver) and listen to really awesome music. Its either this or hop a flight to sea-tac and I don't really need that extra week anyway :)

Well, at this point there's a few ways to look at it. If we get the shuttle we want and have the passenger space (all of this is still up in the air right now), the option could open up to jump on the shuttle here in Cleveland. In that case you would need to greyhound or train here in time for departure. Failing that, the other options would be to join a car coming from NY or nearby that you could get to easily. Being a driver is a plus, but in some cases may not be necessary. On a side note, one of the limited edition shirts I want to have made up for CCST goers only is going to have a logo on the front, the word "PASSENGER" or "DRIVER" in big bold on the back, and your state on the sleeve. I think this will make a cool addition to the "supertrip kits" that we are hoping to send out this summer.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited March 2006
    Another quick thing, I talked to a dude I know who works at a print shop. He brings up a good point and I wanted to run it by you guys, how do you guys feel about big magnets for the sides of vehicles? Obviously, not all cars are metal anymore, so it would help if people tested a fridge magnet on their car. I think they would look cool and it's more space we can offer to some of the sponsors that isn't crazy permanent. Aight, get back to me, this supertrip's growth pleases me. We have people coming from about 20 cities. Also, I'll soon be contacting people via PM just to verify status and see how many people are coming with your groups. The pinpoint map only tells me where you're coming from, now I'd like to know how many there are and how many vehicles we have.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Captain AwesomeftwCaptain Awesomeftw Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    HEY! Jacksonville, Florida, checking in!!

I can drive, and I've driven solo from Massachusetts to Jacksonville before. Good license, no tickets, yadda yadda. But I have no car ;) I do however, have all kinds of money for gas and stuff. Anybody else coming up from that way?

Captain Awesomeftw on
    civilwarcherabim.jpg
This discussion has been closed.