As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2011 PAX Forum Challenge Coin - ORDERS CLOSED. That's it!

18910111214»

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Got mine today, but my camera won't take anything close to a decent picture of it. Oh well, I'm thrilled I got it before I left tonight.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    You leave tonight too? What time is your flight?

/offtopic

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    "Technically" tomorrow morning. It leaves after midnight, 12:45am. I get into Boston at 10:49am so it works perfectly for me. :P

And you?

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    I take off at 10:30 tonight, get in 9:30 tomorrow morning.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just got my challenge coins. Got to admit, I don't like it as much as my PAX Prime coin. They were cheaper, yes, but they feel lighter and somewhat cheaper. Not sure why.

The East coin is thicker and has more definition. So much so that it doesn't lie flat when it's lying on the Paul Revere side.

Comparison shots: [I am not a professional photographer. These were taken with a Point and Shoot!]
    comparison1i.jpg
    comparison2g.jpg
    comparisonstuff.jpg

Heleor on
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My tracking number's claiming it's in Georgia, probably won't make it to Mass before I go... oh well.

TheAggroCraig on
  • Options
    RebelsDawnRebelsDawn Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My order says its on the way from Georgia also.... Unless it arrives by 9am I won't get it in time... Oh well.

RebelsDawn on
  • Options
    King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Also on the "oh, well" boat. :/

King of Mars on
    Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Heleor wrote: »
    Just got my challenge coins. Got to admit, I don't like it as much as my PAX Prime coin. They were cheaper, yes, but they feel lighter and somewhat cheaper. Not sure why.

The East coin is thicker and has more definition. So much so that it doesn't lie flat when it's lying on the Paul Revere side.
    I think the milled edge really made the Prime coin. However, in terms of art, I really do like the East coin better.

<Omicron-8643> on
  • Options
    thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just got mine in the mail a hour before our 11 hour drive. WOOT!

thorkon on
  • Options
    F1CTIONALF1CTIONAL Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, those look pretty awesome. I missed the order deadline, sadly.

If anyone is willing to part with a single coin for, I dunno, $10 or whatever you'd like, I'd greatly appreciate it. This is my first PAX East and I wanted to keep a souvenir. PM me if you'd be okay with it.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it, and am looking forward to the rest of PAX! ;-)

F1CTIONAL on
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I may have one available after PAX. Drop me a PM and if I still have a spare, it's yours.

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    F1CTIONALF1CTIONAL Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    slamonella wrote: »
    I may have one available after PAX. Drop me a PM and if I still have a spare, it's yours.

Awesome, thanks for the offer. I'll message you right after PAX is over.

F1CTIONAL on
  • Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, I haven't run into anyone else with a Challenge Coin. Maybe we need a custom lanyard or something to display our nerd.

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Should we organize a meet-up? It seems everyone and their brother are getting one.

How about tomorrow at 4 in the handheld lounge? Because, you know, uhh.. coins are handheld!

<Omicron-8643> on
  • Options
    ShaydeShayde Kitchen Staff Supervisor MargaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Disappointed it didn't get to me before PAX.

Had I had known that it was going to take weeks to process the order and it was to be shipped THE MONDAY BEFORE on the cheapest USPS rate, I'd have been happy to kick in 4 more bucks to get priority mail.

Shayde on
    Shayde

Ex-Agent to the Stars, ex a lot of other things too.
    Pax East 2011, 2012 Veteran. 2014 now loading.
  • Options
    ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm still waiting on mine = /

My tracking number claims that it's been delivered, and was so before I left for PAX. NO sign of it since. Had to call the post office who is now looking into it. I'm sad because I can't just re-order another one... Hope it shows up = (

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I bought one for each of my party members, and they all loved their coins. :3 Will totally look for this thread next year!

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Does anyone have any extras they'd be willing to sell? For whatever reason my coins never reached my house and they have still yet to be found...

I'd really like one, and seeing as I paid for 4, I'd be happy to walk away with at least one... = /

ChronoHawk on

ach.png
  • Options
    Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ChronoHawk wrote: »
    Does anyone have any extras they'd be willing to sell? For whatever reason my coins never reached my house and they have still yet to be found...

I'd really like one, and seeing as I paid for 4, I'd be happy to walk away with at least one... = /

I have an extra one you can have good sir, just get a hold of me with your addy so I can send it out.

Oldmangloom315 on
  • Options
    LordGimmikLordGimmik Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I found out about the coins WAY too late to be part of this awesomeness. I also missed out on the trading card fun. Next year I am in for both. If anybody happens to have an extra coin they are willing to part with, send me a PM. I would like to have something else to remember my first PAX by. This was my first PAX, and my first convention. I feel this was actually a turning point in my life where I realized exactly home many people there are that are just like me! I'm not weird, I'm just part of a group I haven't met yet. Epic.

LordGimmik on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    US Challenge coins has just gained a valued customer...

So after finally concluding that my coins were gone. I decided as a last ditch effort to email USCC. I figured there was no hope of concluding this. Sure enough, I get a call a few days later from a gentlemen trying to get some more information on what happened. He tells me that the coins are listed in the system as delivered. I figure the call will end here, but he tells me that he will be in contact with me in the next day or so as they attempted to come up with replacement coins. The next day, I get an email with a new tracking number.

Ironically, I wasn't getting anything on the tracking and emailed them back, they told me I had to add several numbers for the order #, and they delivered today!

I'll definitely be buying the prime coin this year if we end up making more!

ChronoHawk on

ach.png