As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 3-9-11: That can't count! Can it?

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Graphic Violence
Superboy #5 is the bestest, it's a real nice done in one issue while simmering subplots:

superboy5a.jpg

superboy5b.jpg

superboy5c.jpg

Krypto played rope-a-dope during the race.

TexiKen on

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You son of a bitch

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You could say it was a photo finish, huh? <3 Blank.

Here, I'll post a cool scene from Venom #1 to go with what you wrote in your thread:

venom1a.jpg

venom1b.jpg

lol Gwen Stacy reference.

TexiKen on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I like that Beast Boy's just being an asshole to Kid Flash.

This week in Doom Patrol: Super-Hip!

Munch on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    noice

I bet Tex wet his pants a little when he read that page

Solar on
    edited March 2011
    NEXT TIME, TEX

Really though, Venom was a great #1, and Remender's little addition to the MU in the form of UN Iron Man peacekeepers is awesome.

And Ant-Man and Wasp is seriously great, just a good old fashioned team-up with very well written characters.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Venom is absolutely fantastic. But I don't think Erik Larsen was too far off the mark when he compared the book to Haunt.

Between Spider-Girl, Venom, and Big Time, this is the best that the Spider-Man books have been since the Clone Saga.

Hensler on
    edited March 2011
    Batman & Robin #21, as always great banter between the two, and the villain is actually kind of original and I like how Gleason interprets him in Gotham:

br21a.jpg

br21b.jpg

TexiKen on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can't for the life of me picture Damien being at the race and grinning like an asshole before cameras, okay I can see him grinning like an asshole at the two guys losing to a mutt but being around such a thing with lots of people? I can't see that, he'd consider it stupid.

Cade on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Why? Why is that not necessary?

I need closure on that!

Crimsondude on
    edited March 2011
    Why? Why is that not necessary?

I need closure on that!

Boom. Winning.

br21c.jpg

it's a nice image that Gleason made, instead of Quitely dive bomb splash from B&R #1 it's a man on the street view of B&R.

TexiKen on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Everyone seems to have forgotten that Venom is allergic to fire. That happened in Thunderbolts too.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Everyone seems to have forgotten that Venom is allergic to fire. That happened in Thunderbolts too.

Well, Carnage evolved to where sonics couldn't hurt anymore after enough people used them on him. I guess you could say the Venom symbiote did the same thing with fire.

Hensler on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow. That is amazing.

Crimsondude on
    edited March 2011
    He is also pretty clearly in pain and Flash is trying to rein him in after saving those civillians

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That's possible. In the olden days jumping through a fire like that would've had the symbiote peeling off Brock and doing anything to get away. Honestly, I'd be fine with stuff like that, if they'd just address it somehow. The book is totally great regardless, I'll be picking it up in future. Between this, Big Time, and Ultimate, I'm back to buying multiple spidey books again on a regular basis.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png