As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Pokemon League: East [Now Over :(]

• RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am looking forward to taking part in this almost as much as I am looking forward to the entirety of PAX east. That being said, "The Wise Man's Fear" and other real life things got in the way, and my flight is going to be spent in getting situated.

I am going to do my best to not swap between leaders, but I'm not sure that'll work.

Legit I'm so glad I got my Shuckle to lvl 50 right before I got that book. If I didn't, between HG/"Wise Mans's Fear"/White, I wouldn't have them to the right level. I spend more time reading the book than playing White.

RainbowTunnel on
  • Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't know if I said this yesterday but I LOVE THAT DOCTOR WHO IS A GYM LEADER!! LMAO Totally made my day when I found out hahaha

Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • FoggyKnightFoggyKnight Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Time to pack my pokemon in their little balls and concentrate on packing my bags and finding directions to various places. :( I think I'm going to spend tomorrow night frantically finishing leveling my two buddies that have fallen behind.

FoggyKnight on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh god, Packing!

Heleor on
  • WizMasterWizMaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm going to spend tomorrow leveling and EV training like crazy. I may skip the EV training. I'm busy packing and baking but I may yet be able to pull it off. Having a good team on the other hand...

WizMaster on
    edited March 2011
    Tomorrow's plane ride is going to be crazy.

Heleor on
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Anybody in this topic staying at the Doubletree Hotel near Tufts so we can have fun Pokemon drinking times?

TheAggroCraig on
  • cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Anybody in this topic staying at the Doubletree Hotel near Tufts so we can have fun Pokemon drinking times?

Well what do you know, I will be! Though I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to drinking. I'll be lurking by the Pokecrawl for fun but if you want to do some pokeman'ing Thursday or something let me know.

cocowoushi on
  • XerlithXerlith Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm finally done. I haven't gotten on here in several days just because I couldn't afford to take time away from training. But my team is now ready. I also got confirmation that my Indigo Plateau hat (or Ash's hat, if you want to call it that [but he did get it in a contest, and it's the Indigo League's logo]) arrived at my friend's house (since the mail room is awful here), so I'll be wearing that.

Aaand...now it's time to pack. I'll be flying to Louisville, picking up my friends and driving 16 hours to Boston. I'll see you all at PAX.

Xerlith on
    You vant to cross, maybe?
    SoulSilver: 5200 4466 6956
    Black: 1721 2788 2039
    PAX East 2014 Checklist: Passes Purchased [X] Passes Received [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel Reservation [X]
  • TheAsianKnightTheAsianKnight Shinywoopwoop Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Xerlith wrote: »
    I'm finally done. I haven't gotten on here in several days just because I couldn't afford to take time away from training. But my team is now ready. I also got confirmation that my Indigo Plateau hat (or Ash's hat, if you want to call it that [but he did get it in a contest, and it's the Indigo League's logo]) arrived at my friend's house (since the mail room is awful here), so I'll be wearing that.

Aaand...now it's time to pack. I'll be flying to Louisville, picking up my friends and driving 16 hours to Boston. I'll see you all at PAX.

Don't forget to flip your hat backwards before each battle!

TheAsianKnight on
    Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    Cosplay Check List: WOOPER [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cocowoushi wrote: »

Well what do you know, I will be! Though I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to drinking. I'll be lurking by the Pokecrawl for fun but if you want to do some pokeman'ing Thursday or something let me know.

If you have Twitter, shoot me a message @TheAggroCraig and maybe I can get an early gym badge :p

TheAggroCraig on
  • RappakRappak Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ugh. I don't think this is cut out for me. I cant grind anymore.

Rappak on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My team is sadly not ready. Like, I was a slacker and don't have them leveled up and with the moves I wanted. Sadness. Gonna get my ass handed to me so hard.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    On the train now - the only thing I have left to do is throw someone into my Pokewalker. I have my son's with me too - I think he put Abra in his but I'm not sure.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • XerlithXerlith Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Xerlith wrote: »

Don't forget to flip your hat backwards before each battle!

Don't worry; you don't have to tell me that.

Xerlith on
    You vant to cross, maybe?
    SoulSilver: 5200 4466 6956
    Black: 1721 2788 2039
    PAX East 2014 Checklist: Passes Purchased [X] Passes Received [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel Reservation [X]
    edited March 2011
    Any one else freaking out? 'Cause Im freaking out.

RainbowTunnel on
  • PoeticMadnesssPoeticMadnesss Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I hope you mean in a good way, because if you do, then I am as well :P

PoeticMadnesss on
    **Pokemon**
    Black: 0647 5155 3272
    Pkmn Breeder
    Certified Gold Card Carrier - (E4, Entralink, Musical, Pokedex Complete)
  • RegimentRegiment Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Is my friend bringing his DS? I need another DS! Augh!

(I'm also not sure I'm done training, since I've been on a White kick for a week. Throh is awesome.)

Regiment on
    I never lose, I just win sideways.
    edited March 2011
    ...I kind of want someone to follow me around for all of PAX, calling me "Champ in the Making", and giving me advice on each gym leader...

PoeticMadnesss on
    **Pokemon**
    Pkmn Breeder
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I literally just bought this today to play people. I will challenge with the first 6 or whatever Pokemon you get.

I have not played a Pokemon game since...original gameboy.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
    edited March 2011
    I am not ready in any way, I decided to train my pokemon since I hadn't touched this game in a while

I've told myself to stand ANY chance I gotta beat lance, gotta beat lance gotta beat... who am I kidding I've gotten my ass handed to me 6 times by that dragon tamer.

What ever it will still be fun <3

TheAsianKnight on
    Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
  • SupahSupah Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Argh! I was distracted by Black! I'm cramming to finish today! I need to level 1 three my pokemon up for moves, and ev train two! Can't stop playing platinum til I'm done >,<!

Supah on
  • DanUNGDanUNG Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Lost to Heleor, won against Rdr. One badge is enough to make me happy :)

Recharging 'til the meetup at 4. Can't wait!

DanUNG on
    edited March 2011
    I didn't battle today. Gonna play some tonight and get a shitty team together for the early meet up tomorrow. I might just hang in the handheld lounge for awhile tomorrow, so just look for a guy with a blue Tron hoodie and orange shoes.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited March 2011
    So I've only battled Rdr, because it's impossible to battle leaders with these lines. So I'll keep standing around awkwardly.

DanUNG on
  • TrionTrion Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I went over to take a picture of the handsome members of the Pokemon League. I prefaced this by saying "Hello. Just when you least expect it, I am Cameron the Photographer!" About half the guys gave me blank stares. I am so disapointed.

:wink:

Trion on
    edited March 2011
    @Trion: And some others facepalmed. Literally.

@Everyone: We're having a LOT of demand, as expected. The lounges are not the best place to catch us, although a lot of us hang out there - the best times to challenge leaders are while they're waiting in line for say, the Expo Hall (in the morning) or for the Concert (a lot of us are going tomorrow night! ;))

Heleor on
    edited March 2011
    Any leaders gonna be at the after hours panel tomorrow? Also, any staying at the park plaza?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited March 2011
    Speaking of the concert line, I'm sorry I didn't see you Propriety ): Even if we didn't battle, it would have been cool to chil.

Also, I'll be Misty for the Pokewalker meetup, but probs changing back into the Witch sometime during the day.

RainbowTunnel on
    edited March 2011
    So the leaders are having their super lunch thing, Im thinking forum challengers should get together too, amirite?

Who's in? Breakfast/lunch somewhere?

DanUNG on
    edited March 2011
    Totally was unprepared for this. Got whooped by Mr Safari Zone. I will be leaving with no badges. I am not even gonna attempt to battle other leaders. Time to start bw and practice for next year.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited March 2011
    DanUNG wrote: »
    So the leaders are having their super lunch thing, Im thinking forum challengers should get together too, amirite?

Who's in? Breakfast/lunch somewhere?

I'd be totally in!

Btw - 2 badges, YEAH!

Badges are nice, but making friends is better (: (you will hear me say that a lot, methinks)

RainbowTunnel on
    edited March 2011
    End of con with 6 badges... feels good
    also anyone cares I was the silver saturday and the zoey friday and sunday :3

TheAsianKnight on
    WOOP WOOP!
    edited March 2011
    The con is over, I'll need to be at home to post the full review and the full hall of fame!

We had 10 people find and defeat 8 leaders, challenge and topple (or at least push slightly on) the four elite four, and defeat an existing champion of the league! That's a great turnout, and I hope everybody who made the final meeting walked away happy. :)

Heleor on
  • RappakRappak Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for doing this. I had a lot of fun! I hope that the people I talked to will keep in touch and trade!

Rappak on
    edited March 2011
    Btw - 2 badges, YEAH!

Badges are nice, but making friends is better (: (you will hear me say that a lot, methinks)

True enough. Could've stayed and got a badge, but had way more fun going to the Jamspace with you and your friend! Still need a Shuckity Shuck though :(

DanUNG on
    edited March 2011
    Btw - 2 badges, YEAH!

True enough. Could've stayed and got a badge, but had way more fun going to the Jamspace with you and your friend! Still need a Shuckity Shuck though :(

I was looking for you today! I wanted to trade ):

this year was FABulous, and expecting another great one in a year to come!

I didn't get to battle Rdr, either!

RainbowTunnel on
    edited March 2011
    I was working the P&S booth all day. You gonna be up in the morning, or have you headed home already?

DanUNG on
    edited March 2011
    I was working the P&S booth all day. You gonna be up in the morning, or have you headed home already?

I'm home, yo. Though sleeping in a few.

RainbowTunnel on
    edited March 2011
    Hey everyone, was a pleasure to meet you many of you and participate in all the fun. I wasn't nearly as social as I had hoped due to the exhaustion of driving up there the night before, lack of sleep, and time constraints. Next year will be different though; I'll be heading to PAX for all three days, relaxing much more, and won't be worrying as much about finding as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time. I'll still be lingering around from time to time on these forums and the PPL forums, along with the chatroom I made for anyone who still wants to hang out and talk, just ask for the link and password and I'll give it to you, or ask for my fb and we can be friendz. With that being said, I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again next year, and this time around I'll actually remember to introduce myself and ask for names. >.<

PoeticMadnesss on
    **Pokemon**
    Pkmn Breeder