As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2011 Hotel Discussion Thread and Poll

18910111214»

• scottish steveoscottish steveo Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    cyphr wrote: »
    Anyone else staying at the Radisson Boston? It's not a PAX-endorsed hotel but I found a great deal for it, and if anyone else is staying there it'd be awesome to meet up.

I'm at the Radisson from Thursday (today... arrive at 4pm local time) until Monday.

I'm Scottish and will be cutting about in my kilt no doubt! :)

scottish steveo on
    Xbox.com Moderator. Xbox Live Ambassador. Xbox Xpert.
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    yanksrul5 wrote: »
    Not to rub it in or anything..Or to be a fanboy to start a city war...But this wouldn't be an issue if it was in New York...hotels every few blocks! Parking would be a complete bitch though! And expensive. but no over crowded problems.

boston does have quite a few hotels, i don't think that's really the issue. there is a HUGE number of people coming to pax, and many of them want to stay in one particular hotel (westin, obviously). and yeah, the expensive factor in new york would basically cancel out any other benefits.

not trying to hate on new york, just saying. this is hardly boston's fault.

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • jma00a1jma00a1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am so sorry for all of you that had booked with the Westin (A Starwood hotel). I had a huge issue with them last year at the Sheraton. last minute cancellation and moved 2 miles down the road. I really wish the PAX organizers would realize that Starwood is not very customer friendly when it comes to bumping people (which i am seeing the do quite a bit now) with confirmed reservations. perhaps next year Marriott might be the answer.

jma00a1 on
    "You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young." "Why, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know, I didn't listen."
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    jthom252 wrote: »
    Has anyone staying at the Doubletree Downtown Boston not received a confirmation number? Unfortunately this kind of fell on being a thing that I hadn't noticed until it being pretty late while I was filling out an authorization form.

I already plan to call up OnPeak tomorrow morning but has anyone else ran into this problem / found a solution?

I haven't gotten one myself, I'm calling shortly though to make sure I'm set to check in tonight.

TheAggroCraig on
  • Got Haggis?Got Haggis? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    awesome, more PAX people staying at the hotel I'm at ;)

Got Haggis? on
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    jma00a1 wrote: »
    I am so sorry for all of you that had booked with the Westin (A Starwood hotel). I had a huge issue with them last year at the Sheraton. last minute cancellation and moved 2 miles down the road. I really wish the PAX organizers would realize that Starwood is not very customer friendly when it comes to bumping people (which i am seeing the do quite a bit now) with confirmed reservations. perhaps next year Marriott might be the answer.

the problem with this is that the bcec is the only convention center in boston large enough to contain us, and the westin just happens to be adjacent to the center. pax could, hypothetically, not include the westin in its discount thing, but that would really only hurt the many many people who would probably still book the westin anyway for the convenience factor. i think the real thing to hope for is that the westin (or onpeak) will learn from this experience and not overbook so heavily next year.

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • cyphrcyphr Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Anyone else staying at the Radisson Boston? It's not a PAX-endorsed hotel but I found a great deal for it, and if anyone else is staying there it'd be awesome to meet up.

I'm at the Radisson from Thursday (today... arrive at 4pm local time) until Monday.

AWESOME. I'll PM you our room number, my friend and I will be out most of tonight on the bar crawl but if you want to hang out/share a cab/whatever, just send me a message.

cyphr on
    steam_sig.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I still have some room in the westin if bumped people still want to stay there. yes i'm whoring myself out :|

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • FakeNateFakeNate Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Please someone help me out...I booked at the Westin 5 months ago, I have my confirmation....and now they're saying I DON'T have a reservation there? WTF is going on here?

FakeNate on
  • Vaygr EmpireVaygr Empire Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oh man, I booked at park plaza through travelocity when I was booking for flight. I did save more money than through Pax discount, but dang, 0.0 miles? OMGWTFBBQ

Vaygr Empire on
  • FrabbaFrabba Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Checked in at the intercontinental! Where all my PAX Partiers at?

Frabba on
    I'm big in Internet Spaceships.
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Frabba wrote: »
    Checked in at the intercontinental! Where all my PAX Partiers at?

Intercontinental here too, as for the partiers i'd guess they're spread between the Pre PAX dinner, the Poke-crawl and the Pre PAX gaming night. and of course there is bound to be a few impromptu get togethers.

Wraith260 on
  • wexogowexogo Registered User new member
    edited March 2011

AWESOME. I'll PM you our room number, my friend and I will be out most of tonight on the bar crawl but if you want to hang out/share a cab/whatever, just send me a message.

Hey, I'm also staying in the Radisson with 3 friends. Let me know if you guys want to game or whatever!

wexogo on
  • SnoochSnooch Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hilton Back Bay here. Where all the PAXies at? My friend and I are lookin to get a little party going in our room tonight.

Snooch on