As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[LOTRO] I'll see you on the other side. The Barrovian Society 2007-2014

Triple BTriple B Bastard of the NorthMARegistered User regular
edited May 2015 in MMO Extravaganza
Nobody plays LOTRO anymore because it sucks.

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
Triple B on

• Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    wharglebargle

Triple B on
  • martyllianmartyllian Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, I was walking past and saw seagulls circling and crying. You sure that is new thread smell? *sniffs*

martyllian on
    martyllian.jpg
    edited March 2011
    It might just be Zgorin. He's old, you see...and doesn't have the control over his bowels that he once had.

Triple B on
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You might want to fix the part about you being on Evernight. Don't want people to think you've abandoned us.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wait, what's happening to Rune Keepers?

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Stick32Stick32 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    *sniff* MMmmmm it's got that new thread smell...

Stick32 on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Entaru wrote: »
    You might want to fix the part about you being on Evernight. Don't want people to think you've abandoned us.
    Heh, that's true.

If any Europeans are looking for a server to roll on: Evernight is pretty cool. I can help you out with items on it too and can get you in an active kin that's only slightly retarded.

Aldo on
  • IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh hey it's a new thread.

Exciting.

IvanIssacs on
  • KassKass Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This thread looks a lot like the old one. WHERE'S THE NEW PATCH, DAMNIT? GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU GODDAMNED KIDS.

Kass on
    edited March 2011

Heh. Nice catch, thanks.

Suds wrote: »
    Wait, what's happening to Rune Keepers?

Thread title's just a jab at RK's being Turbine's new prostitutes. I figured now that they're officially sponsored prostitutes, they should have access to health insurance. :P

Also, Volume 2 "Solofication" dev diary is up.

My personal favorite tidbit:

Book 6 - Chapter 8: New Devilry
    "...during the development process we discussed if we should remove the Cloak of Shadow and Flame from the loot tables of the final encounter. We decided to leave it in..."

Kass wrote: »
    This thread looks a lot like the old one. WHERE'S THE NEW PATCH, DAMNIT? GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU GODDAMNED KIDS.

Also, listen old man, if Dragon Age 2 hadn't come out today, I'd suggest leveling an alt with me to curb your apparent boredom. But in light of today's circumstances, I'm going to advise you to merely take your damn Metamucil and go play bingo with the rest of the old farts at the home.

Triple B on
    edited March 2011
    Triple B wrote: »

My personal favorite tidbit:

Book 6 - Chapter 8: New Devilry
    "...during the development process we discussed if we should remove the Cloak of Shadow and Flame from the loot tables of the final encounter. We decided to leave it in..."

Mine too. I want to farm that thing so bad and now it'll be relatively easy to do so.

Seidkona on
  • Stick32Stick32 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Did I just miss it repeatedly or did they not mention 2.5.5. Like at all? Are they just going to make those into skirmishes or what?

Stick32 on
    edited March 2011
    Stick32 wrote: »
    Did I just miss it repeatedly or did they not mention 2.5.5. Like at all? Are they just going to make those into skirmishes or what?

Yep, three new skirmishes.

Seidkona on
    edited March 2011
    Heh heh. Dragon Age has effectively put our kinship on temporary life-support. :P

Triple B on
  • wmelonwmelon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I still haven't managed to finish the first one of those. I did just pick up 3d dot heroes though.

wmelon on
    edited March 2011
    I got on for a few and was surprised only one other person was on. It was a stark contrast to the weekend when just about everyone was on.

Seidkona on
  • GlorntGlornt I'm the Bob Ross of Wombats. And I just had a "happy accident"... in my pants!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was off yesterday for Mardi Gras and was wondering where everyone else was in the middle of the day, forgetting that apart from my brother (who was sitting 10 feet away from me but had left his laptop at work), everyone else was probably at work or school. I did level two characters, but something was missing... I think it was the all fart, poop and body parts talk that I'm so used to seeing in the background, although the MOTD helped -- BALLS.

Glornt on
    LOTRO (Landroval): Clontarf (62 Batman), Theorwald (60 LM), Glornt (56 guardian), Onzlo (58 minstrel), Porthian (54 warden), Vilric (54 burglar), Feyerborn (54 hunter), Rudkin (54 champ), Limnon (53 RK)
    Glorntisms
    edited March 2011
    wmelon wrote: »
    I still haven't managed to finish the first one of those. I did just pick up 3d dot heroes though.

Origins is definitely worth putting some time into, and 3D Dot Game Heroes is amazing. :^:
    Glornt wrote: »
    although the MOTD helped -- BALLS.

Just doin' my part, mate. :D

Triple B on
  • wmelonwmelon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Origins is definitely worth putting some time into, and 3D Dot Game Heroes is amazing. :^:

The part where you could pick your model and one of the options was a shark just made the game for me.

wmelon on
    edited March 2011

Tony Danza would approve.

Seidkona on
    edited March 2011
    The part where you could pick your model and one of the options was a shark just made the game for me.

Heh. I rather enjoyed the part where you could make your own model. Though I soon found out I was not talented or patient enough to do so. :(

Tony Danza would approve.

Dammit, Pheny, quit projecting your immeasurable Danzalove onto others.

Edit:

I'm having a thought here...

Turbine has to be noticing the relative emptiness of their servers right now (Landroval at least). I wonder if it won't kick their asses into gear with getting this patch to go live. A boy can dream.

Edit2: Server restarts to happen Thursday morning. One can only assume/hope this is for (or at least in preparation for) the patch.

Triple B on
    edited March 2011
    Good news, lads. [strike]By the time the patch goes live, we'll have a shiny, new Supreme Master Jeweler in the kin.[/strike]

We have a shiny, new Supreme Master Jeweler in the kin. :D

Triple B on
  • Pajama_ManPajama_Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wahoo...

I finally completed my Captain's Rift set. Got lucky on the shoulder roll in a Balrog only PUG.

Of course that took me only two-ish years to complete. :(
    The rest of the pieces are from pre-Moria Rift heyday.

Pajama_Man on
    camo_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    Flash lotto: Symbol of Celebrimbor. Go go go go.

Edit: It's over. Hope someone won.

Seidkona on
    edited March 2011
    Pajama_Man wrote: »
    Wahoo...

I finally completed my Captain's Rift set. Got lucky on the shoulder roll in a Balrog only PUG.

Of course that took me only two-ish years to complete. :(
    The rest of the pieces are from pre-Moria Rift heyday.

You actually found people running the rift? O_o

Well damn...congrats, then.

Triple B on
  • ImperiusVImperiusV Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have a question about legendary weapons. All of the legendary weapons I see in the auction house have a minimum level of 51, so I assumed this was the minimum required to use a legendary weapon. However, just today I aw a guy using a legendary weapon who was level 49. I checked on lotro wiki, and there is indeed a quest to get a legendary in moria.

Then my question is, what is the absolute earliest point you can get a legendary weapon?

ImperiusV on
  • VrayVray Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ImperiusV wrote: »
    I have a question about legendary weapons. All of the legendary weapons I see in the auction house have a minimum level of 51, so I assumed this was the minimum required to use a legendary weapon. However, just today I aw a guy using a legendary weapon who was level 49. I checked on lotro wiki, and there is indeed a quest to get a legendary in moria.

Then my question is, what is the absolute earliest point you can get a legendary weapon?

At level 45 you can start the quest chain in Eregion to get your first legendary weapon.

Also, Turbine is doing some PAX tie-in deal.

lotropointschart_pax2011v3.png

Vray on
    edited March 2011
    That's a lot of points for $100.

But I've already sworn off spending any more money on this game.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited March 2011

You'll give in. We all...give in...

Triple B on
    edited March 2011
    Echoes of the Dead release date: March 21st.

10 days folks.

Seidkona on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I wonder how many weeks it'll take Europe to catch up.

Aldo on
  • KassKass Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    10 days to finish DA2 and get Rift out of my system (at least enough to play here as well). That should be doable. I hope.

Kass on
    edited March 2011
    Kass wrote: »
    Rift

fired=

Triple B on
    edited March 2011

You'll give in. We all...give in...

Nah, I've bought enough points. And I'm not actively playing at the moment. I'll just let my freebie Lifer points build up.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited March 2011
    Pheny, where'd you see March 21st? It's not on the main site or the forums that I can see/find.

Edit: found eeeeet.

Triple B on
  • IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh there's a release date now. Should log in and get my 2nd ages made.

IvanIssacs on
    edited March 2011
    Just in case anyone was wondering, the servers are indeed up.

Triple B on
    edited March 2011
    Zg just made me laugh harder than I have in years, without even trying

this man is a genius

Triple B on
  • GlorntGlornt I'm the Bob Ross of Wombats. And I just had a "happy accident"... in my pants!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There's an "Easy as Pi" lottery going on today (3.14... get it?); the prizes are two stacks of pies, don't remember which kind, but one is some sort of coney pie, and I assume they're both crit-type stacks.

Finally got back on my burg over the weekend after sending him into brief exile for multiple fails at protecting Toki Whitebread; he did finally complete that, and then went on to spank Gurzmat and his little drawf butt-buddy on the first try while still at 41, while my hunter had two fails at 42; I think the difference was burglar's better cc, which kept shorty out of the fight until Gurzmat was already dog-food. That, and the interrupts from stuns.

P.S. Thanks again, Hjartad, for telling me about pandora.com -- I set up 5 channels over the weekend, which covers just about everything I want to listen to... Latin, blues, prog rock, Celtic, and renaissance/medieval. All that's missing now are a couple of classical channels if I can add later (need to figure out how to omit the entire Romantic period and that 12-tone crap).

Glornt on
    LOTRO (Landroval): Clontarf (62 Batman), Theorwald (60 LM), Glornt (56 guardian), Onzlo (58 minstrel), Porthian (54 warden), Vilric (54 burglar), Feyerborn (54 hunter), Rudkin (54 champ), Limnon (53 RK)
    Glorntisms
  • CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, my RK ran through 4 bosses in URU solo the other day. I found out last night I had not spent any points on my LI for god knows how long, so I imagine the next time I try, it may go a little more smoothly. I don't even remember when I last reforged my dps stone.

Cobell on