As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[UO] Come back, my Lads! - IPY 2.0

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The only blessed key is the original house gold key.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hrrm, you'd think IPY would be guild-house friendly

override367 on
  • Options
    MoorkusMoorkus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm giving this a shot even though I've basically no idea what I'm doing.

I Read the wiki a bit and decided on the mage-tank skill build with a lumberjack / fletcher / carpenter alt for making gold without too much risk.
    So far I've mostly been razor-macroing skills since my classes and projects are pretty time demanding. Went into the starting city dungeon once and got murdered over a tiny amount of reagents, so I've tried to be a bit more careful since then.

Registered on the forum in the OP as Moorkus anyway, don't think this would be much fun solo.

Moorkus on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Moorkus wrote: »
    I'm giving this a shot even though I've basically no idea what I'm doing.

I Read the wiki a bit and decided on the mage-tank skill build with a lumberjack / fletcher / carpenter alt for making gold without too much risk.
    So far I've mostly been razor-macroing skills since my classes and projects are pretty time demanding. Went into the starting city dungeon once and got murdered over a tiny amount of reagents, so I've tried to be a bit more careful since then.

Registered on the forum in the OP as Moorkus anyway, don't think this would be much fun solo.

It's especially important to have friends when you're new to the playstyle. :)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah it's pretty overwhelming when you've no idea what you're doing, I just try to assume that everyone is out to get me.

Edit: I'm not paranoid!

Moorkus on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Edit: I'm not paranoid!

You should be. :twisted:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I've seen people fight / duel in town without going grey, can't figure out how though,
    tried grouping up and it didn't help, google'ing it tells me to spar but it doesn't
    tell me how. So for now I'll wrestle sheep, even though the sound gives me nightmares.

Moorkus on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I've seen people fight / duel in town without going grey, can't figure out how though,
    tried grouping up and it didn't help, google'ing it tells me to spar but it doesn't
    tell me how. So for now I'll wrestle sheep, even though the sound gives me nightmares.

They are very likely guilded, if someone is green (guildmate) or orange (enemy) that means you can freely pvp them.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    That makes sense, thank you.

Moorkus on
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    For now if you are lumberjacking outside cove for money, it might be a good idea to turn off your guild tag if people don't really know you yet.

We seem to have developed a few enemies who attack our tagged players.

Khildith on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Khildith wrote: »
    For now if you are lumberjacking outside cove for money, it might be a good idea to turn off your guild tag if people don't really know you yet.

We seem to have developed a few enemies who attack our tagged players.

Bait em and give em counts.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just collected evidence against one of the KoC guys, so if you guys get pked and I'm on, let me know so I can send hunters after them.

Khildith on
  • Options
    amateursuperheroamateursuperhero Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Who from KoC is playing?

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    Nate The GreatNate The Great Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I can't wait to get off of work and give this a shot.

Nate The Great on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just now found out about crafter areas

AFTER chewing through 12k boards

FML

override367 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    We need to get some screenshots of Fancy Lad Town on here to show off a little

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What are the crafter areas?

CowShark on
  • Options
    NativeSonNativeSon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    all crafting areas have a little wooden sign.

brit's is at the nw armorer/forge

cove is essentially at the forge/in the middle of that open area

NativeSon on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    CowShark wrote: »
    What are the crafter areas?

You also get 200% trade skill gains when crafting in them.

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    Klauster FaulkKlauster Faulk Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am really glad the kings campaigning only happens once a month. The ammount of people spamming repeated slogans around the bank is annoying.

Klauster Faulk on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    haven't seen as many people on and active this week
    how's everyone doing?

i've mostly been working on my thief to get him ready for Kings but he's probably a week or so away still

NativeSon on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think a lot of people were busy this week. We've been on though, just placed another house :)

I'm trying to finally start working my main character some

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I've been waylaid by other things for a bit.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    is that the house on fire you guys were talking about?

awesome.

hope you see you guys back soon! i've mainly been trying to get stealing to GM as fast as possible (before kings start putting up tons of guards and walls) so maybe we can make a guild raid on a smaller town like magincia or serps or occlo or skara or something :]

NativeSon on
  • Options
    Fantastication2Fantastication2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm nearly at 70 stealing with my treasure/treasury hunter, nearly at bandaid resses with my dexxer. My crafter is slacking off badly though. I'm usually playing late night (for most of you folks at least), since I'm back at uni again.

Fantastication2 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    To whomever has access to the Guildmaster account, I was wondering if the Brit Arms twins could get [Crafty, Lad] as their title =P

maybe even open it up to similar requests from other guildies. Keeping the same [ , Lad] theme of course and nothing crazy like [SuPaR KiLlArRrRr, Lad]

NativeSon on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    NativeSon wrote: »
    To whomever has access to the Guildmaster account, I was wondering if the Brit Arms twins could get [Crafty, Lad] as their title =P

maybe even open it up to similar requests from other guildies. Keeping the same [ , Lad] theme of course and nothing crazy like [SuPaR KiLlArRrRr, Lad]

Currently the titles are all the same as there is not any real structure we want to imply. Fancy Lads (and Lassy Lads) for all! :D Only one who doesn't is the GM account.

Also makes managing them easier. :P

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    hey, is "Griffen" a Lad? Fant noticed a post on the exile board where "Griffen" accused EZ lootz for Stealing. "Stole from me and other Lad guildmates right in town."

If he's legit, then cool. If no one knows who he is, I'ma do like Fant said and post an exile note about him stealing my name and lying about his post lol

NativeSon on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    No, he's not. Upvote that asshole. He's some character that those Liberty and Justice guys made right before the election (presumably to try to steal the election).

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    lol. they could've at least gone with Gryffin or something more similar.

btw, whomever has the vendor at the Fancy Pad with empty kegs. "[<3]the wind" stopped by looking to see if s/he could get 10 empty kegs. i told em i'd pass the message. they can be contacted either in IRC or the boards as "iego"

:]

i also bumped into the owner of the upcoming tailoring vendor while i was in Vesper. real nice guy :]

NativeSon on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    btw, just found out Smithy is also Tragedy of Catskills Elite. lol, this guy might grow on me

NativeSon on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't follow.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    They're a PvP guild

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Man, I had the most triumphant guard whack of all time yesterday. I was bouncing around to some of the other vendor houses near mine looking for a rune to Trinsic, and two PKs come unhidden to try to para-gank me. As soon as I see the paralyzes come up, I assume I'm dead because I don't have any explosion bags. Some how the idiots totally mess it up, and I start sprinting for the guards after they hit me and break the paralyze. Apparently they were completely ignorant to the guard zone, and continue pursuing me into brit. I walked away with a ton of loot.

It's funny to me how everyone talked about how amazing of a PK they used to be on the IPY forums before launch, and every PK I have run into is absolutely terrible.

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Just wanted to bump for any people not active who follow the thread. The Fancy Lads (our PA guild) has recently merged with another guild on the shard called TRI-- so we've been doing a lot of posting over on their boards. If you're still interested in joining up, just hop in the irc channel (we're still using that) or just PM me. We still have a lot of people playing and it's been a really good time. I'm going to start posting some guild screenshots once I start remembering to take them ;]

Also I've gone red and now kill people mercilessly. Fancy lad gone bad.

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ok, so I have a house in Fancy Town, but I really cant play much anymore.

So someone want to be co-owned to it? You can do what you like with it.

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hippie, we actually have a member that just started playing and could definitely use the house to store his stuff if you'd be willing. Just talk to me in irc at some point when you have time.

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I just started playing this. Made a miner/blacksmith named Calonis. Just minin' away in Minoc.

I missed this game.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Awesome man, let us know if you need any help. And feel free to hop in irc.

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So as I mentioned earlier, my character has become a murderer. Thought I'd share two of my funnier (and massively profitable) PKs so far.

PK Story 1:

I was sitting in one of my houses on Fire Island with my friend while we were dumping loot from a hunt. We are right on the coast of a bay. I see a guy sailing just off the cost towards the bay. You can't recall/gate on or off Fire Island, and this is kind of a remote spot, so I think "this guy must be loaded with gear he's taking to a house or something." I run out of my house and just sort of try to guess where the boat is heading. Yahtzee!

REDhouse.jpg

I catch the guy while he's overloaded on the front steps. His door is open but he apparently can't move, and was just totally caught off guard. I take him out, and the loot is huge. His boat key is still on him. In the boat I find a bunch of exceptional weapons and over 1000 of each reagent (minus 1 or 2, must have got them in the chest on his stairs). So I get all of that + the boat-- easily 10k+ in loot. I felt so bad that I gave him back the small boat. I have a carpenter, so I don't need it anyway. My Co-PK got pissed at my generosity and tried to kill the guy again, but the boat was safely returned.

PK Story 2:

This is like a day later. Somehow I luck out again. After farming some, I swing by Hythloth to see if there are any easy kills. There is this medium ship just parked right out in front (Hythloth is on Fire, so no recall/gate again). Parking a boat right in the front is stupid for lots of reasons. I figure whoever did this was sort of a newbie, so I hide right next to the boat (it's locked) waiting for the owner to come out. After a few minutes, 8 or 9 korean players (speaking in Korean characters) come out and start loading on the boat. The situation seems hopeless, but go big or go home, right? I click the plank to hop on, which allows me to stay hidden, but I don't have stealth so I can't move.

koreansboat.jpg

At this point I just think I'm screwed. I don't understand how they don't realize I'm there, they must see that they can't close the plank. I'm figuring they are just going to sail back to Serp's Hold or something and reveal and kill me. But alas, once they're far enough out in the ocean, they start recalling away, one by one. Lady Luck had shined on me again. As soon as the second to last guy recalls, I combo the poor bastard who was the last one on the boat. He never made it home.

koreanboat2.jpg

I can only imagine the guy's surprise when he realizes a murderer had been hiding on the boat the whole ride. It's one of those PKs that is just so absurd, I feel like even if I were the victim I would have to tip my hat. He had around 6k gold and tons of magic items. Unfortunately no boat key, so I just sail back to Fire Island and ditch the boat.

In the little time it's been up, IPY2 has definitely been the most fun I've had playing UO.

amateursuperhero on