As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Mos Eisley [CHAT]ina

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cakemikz wrote: »
    I suffer from Lazy Ass Syndrome.

all my symptoms match but my doctor wants to get me tested just to be sure it isn't something else.

tapeslinger on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yep.... that shit is just unreal- hopefully there's no tsunami and they just have to deal with the quake/aftershocks.

Too late :(

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    I hope MT is well, and any of our other forumites in Japanland!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • LaliluleloLalilulelo Richmond, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    No, there was one, flooding everywhere.

Lalilulelo on
    edited March 2011
    Yeah... i saw that not too long after i made that post.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    :(

This thread needs something not terrible and depressing!

Like eagles. Hundreds of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrRrzOEWvTU

Or animated Tron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THcItXSnngA

Flay on
  • Nineteen HundredNineteen Hundred Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    San Francisco was issued a tsunami warning? From an earthquake in JAPAN?!

Nineteen Hundred on
    There was something important here. It's gone now.
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh man... I just saw pictures of the flooding in Japan.

Flay on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Im not in Japan, yet. But my wife's family is OK. Thanks for the good thoughts, mars!

MagicToaster on
  • The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Flay wrote: »
    Oh man... I just saw pictures of the flooding in Japan.

those images just make your jaw drop to the floor...

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Godfather wrote: »
    I have this rare type of ADD

http://www.second-hand-news.com/overfocused.html

It makes drawing 200% tougher.

Man....that sounds way too familiar....

bebarce on
    edited March 2011
    The following will probably sound terrible.

I was watching videos on CNN of the Earth Quake in Japan, and they were showing an office feeling the tremors, and i saw a robot dog.

And I couldn't focus on anything but the robot dog on the shelf. Thinking "Holy shit that's definitely Japan, they have a robot dog in the office."

bebarce on
    edited March 2011
    I asked for a logo in .eps or .ai. I get a Word document with the logo inside. I reply, "Thanks, but I need it in .eps or .ai" I get a reply with the same logos as .jpgs. I want to see what I'll get next.

MagicToaster on
    edited March 2011
    Excel Cell Art, where each cell functions as a single pixel.

bebarce on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011

Im not in Japan, yet. But my wife's family is OK. Thanks for the good thoughts, mars!

Oh that's a relief! I'm glad to hear her fam is ok, too. One of my roommates is from Taiwan, I just woke up and I'm not sure if any of the crazy tsunami effects ended up reaching her family or not.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Every time this kind of thing happens, I get the urge to volunteer. How cool would that be? To fly halfway across the world and help out? Do something meaningful? Even if I was just doing grunt work, I'd be ecstatic. Pretty bummed about the situation of course, but stoked nonetheless.

(Is that wrong?)

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I admire your determination, but I think you'd be doing the right thing for the wrong reasons. I've done some hard volunteer work in the past that ate up weeks of my time, but it wasn't in exotic locales, just in nowhere reaches of Texas.

It was very fulfilling, but sure as heck wasn't glamorous. It should be more about doing the work itself than where you'd be stationed at, but I already know you know this.

Godfather on
  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nuclear emergecy warning in Japan after earthquakes :o

ninjai on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't quite know how to interpret that smiley

Fugitive on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Godfather wrote: »
    I admire your determination, but I think you'd be doing the right thing for the wrong reasons. I've done some hard volunteer work in the past that ate up weeks of my time, but it wasn't in exotic locales, just in nowhere reaches of Texas.

It was very fulfilling, but sure as heck wasn't glamorous. It should be more about doing the work itself than where you'd be stationed at, but I already know you know this.

Oh yeah. Most definitely. I don't want to help out because it's Japan. I want to help out because they probably need help. It was the same with Haiti. It was the same with Katrina. It was the same with Pakistan.

e: Yeah, the facial expression on that smiley implies a pleasant surprise. Soooo.

ee: Today has been a totally incredible day. I made a breakthrough with my voice, broke my bike in a bit and got some really great exercise, won a seat in a satellite tournament for another game on sunday in which the prize pool is $30,000, started an email exchange with a successful WPT player, built a kickass tower and sky garden in minecraft, and I think I've decided that my name is going to be Heather. Sorry, Alyce.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    edited March 2011
    Fugitive wrote: »
    I don't quite know how to interpret that smiley

In other chats : o = a sad face. So I guess this one is more appropriate. O_o

ninjai on
    edited March 2011
    o: doesn't really work on these forums because that smily is all jacked up.

Same with x:

D: , however, is the go to one for me

Nappuccino on

edited March 2011
    Nappuccino wrote: »

Same with x:

I never understood people who do their smilies facing <-- that way... Text goes --> so should smilies : D : ) X D ; D : / [ @$^D (elvis) ]

ninjai on
  • The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ninjai wrote: »
    Nuclear emergecy warning in Japan after earthquakes :o

This is beginning to look like Sim City with the difficulty set to "very hard".
    i'm half-expecting gojira to pop out soon.

The_Glad_Hatter on
    edited March 2011
    Man, all the food i cook burns...
    Oh yeah. Most definitely. I don't want to help out because it's Japan. I want to help out because they probably need help. It was the same with Haiti. It was the same with Katrina. It was the same with Pakistan.

If you really want to help, there are other things you can do. Why don't you call up the Japanese Embassy in your area and ask where you can donate, the Red Cross is also accepting donations. Also, Haiti still needs help. My company is building a pediatric hospital there, if you want to help I can give you some contact info. Many Hatian kids will have fresh drinking water, food and clean clothes for the first time in their lives if you help out, in addition to proper eye, dental, and medical care.

MagicToaster on
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ninjai wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »

Same with x:

I never understood people who do their smilies facing <-- that way... Text goes --> so should smilies : D : ) X D ; D : / [ @$^D (elvis) ]

I do it because I generally don't like automated smilies that come from doing it -> way. (:

melting_doll on
  • PeterAndCompanyPeterAndCompany Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ): .gnisufnoc os era elpoep uoY

PeterAndCompany on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ): .gnisufnoc os era elpoep uoY

goddammit he got flipped all turnways again

Metalbourne on
    edited March 2011
    I have a friend who's at PAX East right now

He asked what exactly he's supposed to do there.

I honestly have no clue what to tell him. I am drawing a complete blank.

Fugitive on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Meet people. Play Games.

Seems like what you would do.

Iruka on
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm actually headed into Boston in a couple hours. I won't be headed to PAX but if anyone is at PAX and wants to hang out I have some time to kill.

Uncle Long on
    edited March 2011
    Iruka wrote: »
    Meet people. Play Games.

Seems like what you would do.

I suggested the nebulous idea that he should "attend panels", but I guess I forgot that there are other people at booths that he might be able to chat with.

All those things aside the whole "play games with strangers a few months before they come out" doesn't seem quite as fun as it did a few years ago.

Fugitive on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Is it weird that when I see some of the people at PAX or Comic-Con or whatever that are waaaaaay too into whatever sort of fandom they're into, I'm a little jealous that I can't muster the same sort of, eyes-pointing-in-different-directions, pants-on-head, this-is-the-best-and-if-you-say-different-I-will-fight-you-in-the-parking-lot enthusiasm for pretty much anything, much less something as (let's face it) ultimately trivial as video games or comic books or movies or whatever. I mean, I love all that stuff, but I don't have that sort of personal emotional investment in it.

I guess I'm just the sort of person who can't say, "WOOOOOOOOO!" in a sincere fashion, and those "WOOOOOOOO!" sayers apparently have a lot of fun.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey, you know what'd be great? Is if I were less open minded.

Metalbourne on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    huh

Tam on
    edited March 2011
    I could never be one of those comic guys, they anger me beyond words.

MagicToaster on
    edited March 2011
    Is it weird that when I see some of the people at PAX or Comic-Con or whatever that are waaaaaay too into whatever sort of fandom they're into, I'm a little jealous that I can't muster the same sort of, eyes-pointing-in-different-directions, pants-on-head, this-is-the-best-and-if-you-say-different-I-will-fight-you-in-the-parking-lot enthusiasm for pretty much anything, much less something as (let's face it) ultimately trivial as video games or comic books or movies or whatever. I mean, I love all that stuff, but I don't have that sort of personal emotional investment in it.

I guess I'm just the sort of person who can't say, "WOOOOOOOOO!" in a sincere fashion, and those "WOOOOOOOO!" sayers apparently have a lot of fun.

I think its because you are a normal, well-adjusted human being, with a firm grasp on the reality of entertainment media.

Although having a group of friends to resonate enthusiasm with would probably get you pumped, but that's more for the overall experience than the expo itself.

Fugitive on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    AoB - I'm the same way. Completely jealous of how passionate some people can be about things and never able to reach that level, even though I share the same exact interests.

Ahh well.

WOOOO videos games! And stuff.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I could never be one of those comic guys, they anger me beyond words.

Yup. It's the main reason why I don't care for comics so much cause of bad fanboy experiences.

Godfather on
This discussion has been closed.