As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East IRC Meetup 2011

2»

• SnipethewolfSnipethewolf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This IS still going on! It just has not been a very discussion based thread more of just info! If you need any info on the meet up please refer to my initial post here!

Snipethewolf on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    i am rsvp'ing yes

Organichu on
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Im RSVPing right now...

Sorry I thought I already did.

ZeroHourHero on
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    FWIW, the menu price range is pretty darn acceptable, if that's the way it ends up going.

Also, if we do the buffet option, can you sweet-talk them into hooking us up with some hollandaise sauce? :D

Ummm I hate to be the big bad boss here, but uhhh YA CAN'T GO! Why? It's because saturday morning is the media access period for 1 whole hour, from 9 till 10. As much as you'd love to stuff your face, you're not going to be missing the media access now are you?

Oh and sorry for taking this fellow away from the meet up :(

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• JoshTheaterJoshTheater Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    luckys2.jpg

This is Lucky's???

If so, I'm guessing this google maps picture was taken before Lucky's bought the place. Still, I've been told that Lucky's apparently has no sign. So can we confirm that this is indeed the building and entrance so we can recognize it when we get there?

JoshTheater on
  • JoshTheaterJoshTheater Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Assuming ^that^ is indeed the place, just thought I'd try to make it a little easier for people to find it. I recommend printing out directions from the convention center to Lucky's with google maps, but there's one part that might be a little confusing: you have to take a staircase down from a bridge to get to the next street. I thought I'd take some screencaps on google maps of the bridge and staircase you have to use so people will recognize it:

This is the staircase you need to go down, you can see it right in the middle of the screencap, on the left side of the bridge on Summer Street:
    luckys4.jpg

And here's just a picture of the staircase from the bottom, so you know you went down the right way:
    luckys3.jpg

When you get down the stairs, just go straight a tiny bit and Lucky's should be right there on the right on the corner of Congress Street.

Honestly I doubt anybody will have any trouble figuring that out, but for dumb people like myself I thought it might be helpful. ;-)

On the other hand, if you're not going there from the convention center and are going from the nearest T station (which is South Station), just google map directions from there. You won't have to deal with any weird staircase.

JoshTheater on
  • SnipethewolfSnipethewolf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It seems I messed up on the address for Lucky's, or I accidentally killed a number from there address on updating info some time. It is fixed now... last minute :/

It seems I killed the 3 from 355. The google map location IS and ALWAYS has been correct it was just the typed in location above that was messed up.

Hope to see you all there! I am going to try and get some type of sign put together from scrap stuff in my room for letting everyone know this is the IRC group when you get there.

See you tomorrow!

Snipethewolf on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    meeeeeeeh. 10am is when pax opens. i'm going to the expo hall for a short line.

or most probably i'm getting into the PA make a strip panel line right now.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • wolfsblood101wolfsblood101 Registered User regular
    Ill mostlikely be there, hopefully meet some people, maybe find a few drinking buddies =P

Hotel [X] Travel [X] 3 Days of badges[X] Crew[X] ITS ON!
This discussion has been closed.