As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Feminism [chat]

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    I miss mountain biking. :(

I really need to get a hitch for my car so I can get a bike carrier. I wonder if my Mongoose is any good any more. It's been years since it's been out of the shed.

Just put the bike in the back of the car.

I used to get mine in a Mk 4 Fiesta. The bike itself probably just needs a lube and adjusting. Maybe new tyres, brake pads, and cables depending on how long it's been sitting.

japan on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    It's in Chicago right? I could have sworn I saw it there, not knowing at the time what I was looking at.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I saw Waterhouse's "I Am Sick Of Shadows/The Lady of Shalott" at the AGO once. That was a fantastic makeup for half the gallery being closed.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited March 2011
    The one with a lot of respectably dressed people at a lake, where the whole piece is composed solely of tiny dots is pretty hot as well.

Honk on
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    japan wrote: »
    I miss mountain biking. :(

I really need to get a hitch for my car so I can get a bike carrier. I wonder if my Mongoose is any good any more. It's been years since it's been out of the shed.

Just put the bike in the back of the car.

I used to get mine in a Mk 4 Fiesta. The bike itself probably just needs a lube and adjusting. Maybe new tyres, brake pads, and cables depending on how long it's been sitting.

:?

This is my car:
    100_0894-1.jpg

No way I am getting a full size bike into it lol.

I will get the bike out tomorrow and see how she's doing.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    edited March 2011
    Pointilism? And that piece is like four meters wide or more, it is totally huge.

Honk on
    edited March 2011
    just take the passenger seat down dcmbr

easy-peasy

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    feelin' pretty good this am

Pony on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think I am going to reset my sleep schedule ok. And Choco and I are going back to North York, so I only missed Seroquel for one night. Could have been a lot worse.

Also, made some personal revelations. Can't talk about it, but life has been interesting lately. Making great strides.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited March 2011
    This is my car:

OK yeah, you're going to need a rack.

Apparently this one fits without a hitch:
    http://www.allensportsusa.com/products/102DB
    This is the four bike version but the dimensions look the same
    rK4wo.jpg

japan on
    edited March 2011

Also, made some personal revelations. Can't talk about it, but life has been interesting lately. Making great strides.

Does it stem from punching Pony in the face? Should we all punch Pony in the face to get a revelation?

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Does it stem from punching Pony in the face? Should we all punch Pony in the face to get a revelation?

Holy shit, yes.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited March 2011

I know Cass comes from Scott Pilgrim land but Pony does not count as an evil ex-boyfriend

Close, but not quite.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Is Pony's latest avatar an actual photo of him?

japan on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Honk wrote: »
    It's in Chicago right? I could have sworn I saw it there, not knowing at the time what I was looking at.

Yessir

Honk wrote: »
    The one with a lot of respectably dressed people at a lake, where the whole piece is composed solely of tiny dots is pretty hot as well.

georges seurat's a sunday on la grande jatte

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    This is my car:

OK yeah, you're going to need a rack.

Apparently this one fits without a hitch:
    http://www.allensportsusa.com/products/102DB
    This is the four bike version but the dimensions look the same
    rK4wo.jpg

... those things scare the crap out of me. I am always afraid the bike is going to WTFFLYOFF when I am driving. I was thinking about buying a hitch and rack for that, but that's like $300...

Ehhhhh... I should have bought a truck lol.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    edited March 2011
    Man, you don't need a truck to carry a bike, just something with a sensible boot and folding rear seats.

japan on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    edited March 2011
    Man, you don't need a truck to carry a bike, just something with a sensible boot and folding rear seats.

True, but it's sooo much easier.

Step 1- Lift bike
    Step 2- Place bike in bed
    Step 3- ????
    Step 4- PROFIT!

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Holy shit, yes.

know that there is a price to be paid for this

that price being this week i am going to punch cass in the face

Pony on
    edited March 2011
    everyone says that charlie sheen is testing clean for drugs

but those ramblings just don't seem like the ramblings of a sober man

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Once you do enough drugs your brain doesn't grow back and you left as a crazy. Luckily, he is an amazing crazy and will do far better now than he had been making some sitcom nobody has even seen so much as episode of. Except that he won't be paid millions a week.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited March 2011

Step 1- Lift bike
    Step 3- ????
    Step 4- PROFIT!

With my old Fiesta I only had to fold the seats and pop the front wheel off.

With the Almera I got to replace it, the bike would fit with its wheels still on.

japan on
    edited March 2011

With the Almera I got to replace it, the bike would fit with its wheels still on.

Popping the front wheel off isn't so easy for me(at least it doesn't look easy), I have disc brakes and suspension.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    edited March 2011

Step 1- Lift bike
    Step 3- ????
    Step 4- PROFIT!

yes dings and cracked paint are ++dollars

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Arivia wrote: »

Step 1- Lift bike
    Step 3- ????
    Step 4- PROFIT!

Where would I get the dings and cracked paint from?

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So are bike racks just not a thing in the states then? It's weird to see people suggesting buying a truck instead of the cheap and easy option.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited March 2011

Popping the front wheel off isn't so easy for me(at least it doesn't look easy), I have disc brakes and suspension.

So do I.

Do you have thru-axles or something? If it's just a standard quick release the wheel should just drop out of the fork/frame. It helps to put a spacer between the brake pads because it's fiddly if you accidentally pull the brake lever, but it isn't difficult. QR15s or Maxles are trickier, but only take a minute or so each.

japan on
    edited March 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Once you do enough drugs your brain doesn't grow back

that's not really true. . .

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    So are bike racks just not a thing in the states then? It's weird to see people suggesting buying a truck instead of the cheap and easy option.

Bike racks are really common, just the hitch mounted variety since most people who have bikes have kids, and most people who have kids have mini-vans or SUVs, and thus don't really need a bike rack, therefore they buy one. Unless they are "active" people and then they usually own Subarus or crossovers, and even those have hitch mounted bike racks.

It's all very complicated.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    edited March 2011

So do I.

Do you have thru-axles or something? If it's just a standard quick release the wheel should just drop out of the fork/frame. It helps to put a spacer between the brake pads because it's fiddly if you accidentally pull the brake lever, but it isn't difficult. QR15s or Maxles are trickier, but only take a minute or so each.

I honestly can't remember. I will have to poke around when I get it out of the shed tomorrow and see whats up.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Once you do enough drugs your brain doesn't grow back and you left as a crazy. Luckily, he is an amazing crazy and will do far better now than he had been making some sitcom nobody has even seen so much as episode of. Except that he won't be paid millions a week.

I'm sure there is a large market for the "rough rebel who plays by his rules and gets all the girls but deep down has a heart of gold" character he plays. And if not, he's got such a wide range, he could play... well... the... rough rebel who plays by his rules and gets all the girls but deep down has a heart of gold and is a city manager role? the rough rebel who plays by his rules and gets all the girls but deep down has a heart of gold and pitches super-fast balls role?

Trust me, you can't hold back such a well-rounded actor.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited March 2011

I have never let facts stand in the way of my strong opinions. And, I've met a fair few people who are all broken from having done too many drugs in the past, so I presumed it was causing lasting effects.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited March 2011

Step 1- Lift bike
    Step 3- ????
    Step 4- PROFIT!

it rattling around in the bed?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

No man, if you Do Drugs then it's exactly like taking pruning shears to your brain.

TL DR on
    edited March 2011

Step 1- Lift bike
    Step 3- ????
    Step 4- PROFIT!

it rattling around in the bed?

Bed liner. Every truck I have owned has had one. Next time I am going to try one of those spray/roll on ones though.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    There is a new PBF comic since the last time I looked.

A yearly update schedule isn't ideal, but what the hell.

Bogart on
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I have never let facts stand in the way of my strong opinions. And, I've met a fair few people who are all broken from having done too many drugs in the past, so I presumed it was causing lasting effects.

Alternatively the man is psychotic from some unknown cause.

Daxon on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Step 1- Lift bike
    Step 3- ????
    Step 4- PROFIT!

Is this step by step instructions on how to steal bikes?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    Ryadic wrote: »

Step 1- Lift bike
    Step 3- ????
    Step 4- PROFIT!

Is this step by step instructions on how to steal bikes?

No...

>.>

<.<

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
This discussion has been closed.