As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SELECTION SUNDAY

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm not watching this because my wife has the TV right now. Where did Indiana State end up?

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm not watching this because my wife has the TV right now. Where did Indiana State end up?

14 seed versus Syracuse

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    ASimPerson wrote: »

14 seed versus Syracuse

That's pretty much what I expected for them. I knew they wouldn't be any higher then a 12.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Where is St. Johns and who are the top 2 seeds in that bracket?

Goose! on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Found it. Southwest, #6 vs Gonzaga, with Pitt and Florida as 1 and 2. I like that bracket, to be honest.

Goose! on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hahaha one of the CBS analysts has UCLA going to their regional finals.

Obviously the guy missed the past 2 weeks.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    For some reason I thought the all of play-in winners would be playing the #1 seeds.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    For some reason I thought the all of play-in winners would be playing the #1 seeds.

yeah i sort of assumed this too

it seems weird to have them any higher than 16 seed

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    For some reason I thought the play-in winners would be playing the #1 seeds.

there's two play ins for auto-qualifiers (who will be slotted in as #16 seeds)

the other two play ins are composed of the last 4 at large teams in. At large teams are pretty much never seeded lower than 13, those bottom seed lines are for all the tiny single bid conference winners.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    God dammit, Kentucky has Ohio St, North Carolina, and Syracuse.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    For some reason I thought the play-in winners would be playing the #1 seeds.

there's two play ins for auto-qualifiers (who will be slotted in as #16 seeds)

the other two play ins are composed of the last 4 at large teams in. At large teams are pretty much never seeded lower than 13, those bottom seed lines are for all the tiny single bid conference winners.

I like this better then the way I thought it was going to be.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    man i'm suddenly really sad that i'm going to be out of the country until friday

i'll miss you, opening round

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It's much better

I wish all four games were like that honestly

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2011
    how in the butts did illinois get a 9 seed

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Tuesday is going to be some excellent basketball.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    it's sort of weird to pick brackets with these play in games though

with the 16 seeds they don't matter obviously because nobody ever picks a 16 to beat a 1

but now you have to pick the second round games without knowing the results of the play-in

simo on
    bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    This is going to be a tough bracket to pick. There isn't a particularly stand out team to pick to win it all and the rest of the field is really muddled too.

I still want to see Duke lose to a 16 seed.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    fuck that I'm picking Hampton over Duke

Pirate Power

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If Duke loses to Hampton then the rest of the tourney will be ruined for me because nothing could possibly be better.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man some weird seedings. I didn't think Texas should be a 4 (more like a 3) and A&M as a 7 really surprised me. But those seeds don't really matter once they start playing.

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    simo wrote: »
    it's sort of weird to pick brackets with these play in games though

with the 16 seeds they don't matter obviously because nobody ever picks a 16 to beat a 1

but now you have to pick the second round games without knowing the results of the play-in

I think a lot of pools will just have a late Wednesday/early Thursday deadline to allow the results to be in.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Are we doing multiple brackets in the group, raij?

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    multiple brackets are for cowards

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So we don't have to pick the play-in games? I wish we could.

Marth on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Goose! wrote: »
    Are we doing multiple brackets in the group, raij?

1 bracket per person.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    A lot of UT people are bitching over the 4 seed and facing Oakland in the first round. Yeah it's tough but get over it.

Marth on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    i think pretty much the whole big 12 is underranked now that i look at it (except KU obviously)

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The bottom half did get pretty average as the season went on (Mizzou included). There's a good article that I can't find right now that details how the committee does the deed and as the process drags on conference becomes irrelevant.

Marth on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    missouri is not in the bottom half of the big 12 >:(

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well, bottom-ish. They were right in the middle. Now that I think about it, it's odd that 5th place Colorado didn't get in but 6th place Mizzou did.

Marth on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    well, first mizzou is 5th and colorado is 6th. second, although they went 1-1 against each other, mizzou's win was more recent. third, mizzou had a tougher schedule.

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    well, first mizzou is 5th and colorado is 6th. second, although they went 1-1 against each other, mizzou's win was more recent. third, mizzou had a tougher schedule.

Oh, I was going off the tournament seedings, not the last standings.

Marth on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    i do think colorado not getting in is a surprising snub, but they're clearly below missouri

take a look at their non-conference schedules. missouri played georgetown, vanderbilt, and illinois among others. colorado played nobody.

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    i do think colorado not getting in is a surprising snub, but they're clearly below missouri

No questions there.

Marth on
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so I take it with them trying to get all the games on tv there wont be any official online streams this year?

I might be visiting a place without cable for a few days this week and will be a bit bummed if that means having no chance to watch some games

natek on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Marth wrote: »
    So we don't have to pick the play-in games? I wish we could.

so for espn at least the deadline for brackets is the first game on thursday

so you can wait until after the play-in games to pick

simo on
    bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    natek wrote: »
    so I take it with them trying to get all the games on tv there wont be any official online streams this year?

I might be visiting a place without cable for a few days this week and will be a bit bummed if that means having no chance to watch some games

i believe they're still doing official online streams

simo on
    bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    natek wrote: »

According to this, yes they'll still be doing March Madness On Demand.

Marth on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can't believe we got a 2 seed. Was positive it would be a 3 with our loss to Kentucky.
    Lucky us I guess.

Rinder on
This discussion has been closed.