As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Undead Campaign

2»

• Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    A dragon itself as the source of the plague would be nasty too... perhaps it can pass the disease through its breath weapon, and has recently emerged to give the town the PCs are in a healthy blast.
    A Dragon with zombifying-breath is an awesome idea and I may have to steal it.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    Kaiju15Kaiju15 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Cool, I think I will incorporate both necromantic undead and plague undead in different adventures during the story. I bet I could also work something out so that a rogue's sneak attack is in some way eqivalent to the headshot on a plague zombie.

Kaiju15 on
    It is your duty as a filmgoer to see Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Kaiju15 wrote: »
    Cool, I think I will incorporate both necromantic undead and plague undead in different adventures during the story. I bet I could also work something out so that a rogue's sneak attack is in some way eqivalent to the headshot on a plague zombie.

For zombie masses you might want to consider giving them some hefty DR but no crit/sneak attack immunity and exceptionally shitty hit points. I'd worked up something like giving them DR 10/- or so and having like 1 or 2 hit points for thugs. With that a power attacking fighter can probably kill one a round, a rogue who gets sneak attack can possibly kill one and spellcasters who use magic would almost automatically kill them.

It really doesn't scale well though. If these monsters were backed up by a real amount of hitpoints they'd rape a lot of parties.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish