As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Trading Cards 2011 [Checklist Available!]

1181920212224»

• sykomonkeysykomonkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pax cards delivered, and Confirmed.

#36 Sykomonkey ready for distribution

sykomonkey on
  • JimmyJimJimmyJim Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey I have my cards so you can put me on the confirmed list. Also Its A Me Erin! has hers.

JimmyJim on
  • poisonxpoisonx Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    got my cards a few days ago so i'll be handing them out/trading on friday and saturday only i don't have a sunday pass so trade with me if you can on friday or saturday if you see me...

poisonx on
  • slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I condensed PeasantDave's checklist into one that fits onto a single sheet for those who are interested. PDF and Excel versions are available here.

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    slamonella wrote: »
    I condensed PeasantDave's checklist into one that fits onto a single sheet for those who are interested. PDF and Excel versions are available here.

nice work slamonella! much appreciated!

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'll be at the Westin meetup after the Omegathon.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It was great to finally meet everyone at the Westin meetup! I personally had a blast with the cards this year, and want to thank Dave for organizing this event 2 years running!

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • HolyyakkerHolyyakker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I tweeted about having a good idea earlier so here is...
    Holyyakker's Awesome* Idea

So, you came to PAX East, you had a GREAT time. You traded a bunch of cards, but like a poor Poke trainer you failed to catch them all. So what can you do? If you wanted to send a self addressed stamped envelope to EVERY person on the list that would be well over $100.00 and after PAX you have already spent so much cash that dinner for the next month is going to be raman and alpo.

That is where my idea of awesome comes in. For around $2.00 you can get all** the cards you missed.

Here is my idea in 3 easy steps:
    Step 1
    Print off the checklist (I recommend the one page version found a few posts earlier) and mark off all the cards you collected.

Step 2
    In an envelope put the following:
    • Your completed list
    • Several of your cards
    • Your mailing address (I recommend putting it on your list)
    • $1.00 or $2.00 to cover return postage

Step 3
    Wait patiently.

What I will do...
    I will take all the cards as they come in, along with your lists. Once I reach a "deadline" I will go through and compile a deck for everyone who sent me the above items and mail you the deck missing cards. I can also return extra cards as well (as long as it doesn't send the postage costs too high).
    FAQs
    Q. How long will this take?
    A. I want to give people enough time to see and process this information. Please spread it by word of mouth. Then I need to allow some more wait time for cards to come to me. I am shooting for early to mid April?

Q. How many cards do you need?
    A. Right now I have no idea. Assuming you did accurate trading Total Participants - Number of Cards you Collected = Number of people who didn't get your card. So that is how many I should need maximum. But if you WANT to send me more then I'd have other options like maybe making some decks for people who didn't get a chance to participate (if we wanted to do that.)

Q. What is the $1-$2 for?
    A. This will cover postage and envelopes. My time will be donated. If you really want I can mail back unspent cash or just donate it to Child's Play or something.

More answers as needed...

Confirmed Participants
    slamonella
    psychopez
    King of Mars
    BoomShake
    Bustin98
    skippymchaggis
    durinthal
    fenny
    HolyYakker
    Please let me know what you think - I think Dave and others have done so much organize this great thing I'm more than willing to do this little part to help out.

* There are no guarantees on the part of HolyYakker that this idea is in anyway awesome or even neato.
    ** There is no way for me to send you cards of people who decide NOT to participate in this. So I can't guarantee you'll get 100% of the cards unless I get 100% participation.

Holyyakker on
    "Beware to March of Dimes" - MacBeth
  • slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Since I was considering doing something along these lines myself, I think it's a great idea :)

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, sorry if I was out of line for the following.

Someone had brought Dya's and Rex Beaver's cards down, in hopes of gathering the set for them and passing out their cards. I took it upon myself to get a collection of those who showed up for them.

Dya and Rex Beaver, send me a PM with your addy so I can send what I was able to collect to you.

Also, there was a third person's (Forget the name off the top of my head, I'll post again when I recover) that I was a proxy hand out for, had to leave early on a six hour tour, but wasn't able to collect cards you. Sorry man. When/If a system for recoving parts of a set is figured out you, I'll pay the price (inc. any shipping) for you for those card. I gave you my word on it and don't want to leave you hanging.

Everyone at the meetup, thanks for dealing with my scattered brain attempt at rotating 3.5 sets of cards.

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    HolyYakker that's an awesome idea, as I only managed to collect 10 or so cards. I'm thinking for next year we should do some mini-meetups throughout the weekend to give everyone a better chance of getting all of them. I enjoyed doing this, but I feel a bit like I wasted $40. :/

King of Mars on
    Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I agree with KoM.

Being that only a few hundred of us are doing it out of tens of thousands of PAX-goers, meet-ups are necessary. The problem is that most of us leave on Sunday, some even before the convention ends, which means anything after the Omegathon Final Round ends is often an impossible addition. Perhaps a meet-up once or twice a day, each day, would be perfect. Even just one more meet-up at some point in addition to the sunday final would be fantastic.

Holyyakker's idea is something I'd like to get in on.

BoomShake on
  • bustin98bustin98 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I want to participate with HolyYakker. I don't really want to keep all my cards, and would like to complete as much of the set as possible.

bustin98 on
    Xbox Live, PSN, Twitter: bustin98
  • <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    After receiving a Team Snorlax card Thursday night from a very very drunk Pokecrawler, I've decided I'm totally doing this next year.

<Omicron-8643> on
  • skippymchaggisskippymchaggis Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    HolyYakker, that sounds like an amazingly generous offer...and Fenny and I will be taking you up on it, if you're still down!

It was also cool to run into you and chat at lunch!

skippymchaggis on
  • DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm in for the extra list. I know there's a lot of people I missed, though I did get 64 other cards.

Durinthal on
    edited March 2011
    I have no problems doing this for people. It'll take me a little time, but no more than the time people like Dave and others spent putting this awesomeness together. Honestly I'm offering because I'm a cheap bastard and a completionist and I didn't want to mail everyone a SASE for their cards and all the other ideas for doing exchanges I had were organizational nightmares.

I'm going to be editing my post with people who said they are interested, or do you guys think I should start a new specific thread?

Holyyakker on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Obviously I'm willing to help with anything. That said, I already have about 50 different stacks of cards. So while I appreciate the offer to organize post PAX collecting, it might make more sense for me to serve as the hub.

I will post a list of the extra cards I have later tonight.

PeasantDave on
    edited March 2011
    Obviously I'm willing to help with anything. That said, I already have about 50 different stacks of cards. So while I appreciate the offer to organize post PAX collecting, it might make more sense for me to serve as the hub.

I will post a list of the extra cards I have later tonight.
    If you want to do so I have no problem with that. I just figured you might be burned out after the con and the craziness and I have a vacation coming up in April from work. So I probably would have just used one of those afternoons to slam it out. :)

Holyyakker on
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Many of us already gave Dave some of our cards, so I will be waiting until he is ready for us to do the remaining card swap.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    Many of us already gave Dave some of our cards, so I will be waiting until he is ready for us to do the remaining card swap.

I think I collected about 10 cards total, those being people at the PrePAX dinner and Pokecrawl. Plus it didn't help that I slept through the meetup at the Westin and missed it lol. So I will be sending a stack of my cards in for distribution.

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    PeasantDave, are you going to be starting a new thread for this, or just updating the OP of this one? Thanks for organizing this, by the way, if it hasn't been said before.

King of Mars on
    Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • poisonxpoisonx Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I collected 2 cards total I failed, however next year I plan to hand out more and the good news is won't need to buy more cards for next year. However if anyone would like a card i can be happy to mail you out one to trade with.

poisonx on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    PeasantDave, are you going to be starting a new thread for this, or just updating the OP of this one? Thanks for organizing this, by the way, if it hasn't been said before.

I will probably be starting a new thread... stay tuned.

Also, if anyone needs to contact me about stuff twitter is the easiest way to do it.

PeasantDave on