As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forum Badge design

12345679»

• Options
    musecutsmusecuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hoping to grab one today. These designs are sweet!

musecuts on
  • Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So it was brought to my attention that I was on the back of the badge. Granted, I didn't sign up to get one and I didn't bother kropotkin when I saw him at the gaming night last night. As it turns out as well, I'm sitting right behind MelesMeles and kropotkin.

Ah well. Perhaps I'll grab one next East.

<Omicron-8643> on
  • Options
    MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So it was brought to my attention that I was on the back of the badge.

Hmm! Wonder who pointed that out to ya??? ;) YOu can still pick one up at the BYOC office thingy i believe!!!

Also, thought itd be funny to share that... A. I have seen barely any of you people around!!! B. People think i am somehow involved in PAX because my badge is so huge, its phenomenal having people come up to me and say "Hey, what does that badge do?" to which i respond, "Bestow awesomeness unto the wielder."

Thank you so much for putting the badge together kropotkin; and it was nice meeting you!

MASeffect on
    lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pretty sure I saw nO one wearing this today. Makes me sad. I want to trade more cards!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    megaciamegacia Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Pretty sure I saw nO one wearing this today. Makes me sad. I want to trade more cards!

Ditto. Though out of thousands of people it can't be helped.

Digital scavenger QR codes. Now there's something that I can't find. Will keep a keener eye out for both the net two days...

Edit: I wore mine like Gigabrain.

megacia on
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

I've been wearing mine, got it underneath my 3 day pass.

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    DanUNGDanUNG Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    megacia wrote: »

Ditto. Though out of thousands of people it can't be helped.

Digital scavenger QR codes. Now there's something that I can't find. Will keep a keener eye out for both the net two days...

Edit: I wore mine like Gigabrain.

Page 3

DanUNG on
  • Options
    Sentient6Sentient6 Mad Grad Student Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I was wearing one! But we already traded... I had the same experience. Saw one person with a badge.

Sentient6 on
  • Options
    Knuckles056Knuckles056 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I proudly displayed mine today. Nobody asked me to trade, I was disappointed

Knuckles056 on
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've been wearing mine with my trading card in the case and the 3 day pass on the back. Only traded 2 cards today :(

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    HolyyakkerHolyyakker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am wearing it.

I also have my hat on with my cards in my hat.

Whenever I spot a person with cards I've been yelling "CARD!" and holding one out toward them forcefully.

Holyyakker on
    "Beware to March of Dimes" - MacBeth
  • Options
    megaciamegacia Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    @ shirt and bag of holding. Not conspicuous at all in this crowed :)

megacia on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I got maybe 3-4 in a row earlier. I have maybe 15 or so overall I think.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Knuckles056Knuckles056 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Day two wearing it. Still not asked for one card :/

Knuckles056 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Maybe try sitting at the bottom of an escalator and stalk. That is how I found one. Ha.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    hsofpn666hsofpn666 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i got my bage on friday and i only saw two other people with a bage on how many people actually got there bages and lookd at everyone that walked by me

hsofpn666 on
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I saw dozens of folks with them and was asked about mine by several people folks who said they were doing to check out the forums after I explained it to them.

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    i also had people ask me what that bage was i told and one younger kid asked whats a forum

hsofpn666 on
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I grabbed my badge on Friday, but nobody said anything about it except my non-forum friends who were with me.

It looked absolutely amazing though, even better in person than the images in this thread.

BoomShake on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    it looked really good and i heard about a meet up on sunday but could not attend i had work on monday and had to get home

hsofpn666 on
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I saw about a half dozen to a dozen people with the forum badges but I didn't go looking at everyone to see.
    When I went and picked it up on Friday the guy at the booth handing them out ended up asking me all the questions on the list. lol. I got them right obviously.
    While I was walking around I did get a few wondering eyes looking at the badge and a handful asking me what it was. You should put VIP on it next time and really throw people through a loop.

adester on
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    got a glimpse of a few here and there(shoulda said hello but didn't, I'm an idiot for that), but the most notable ones where those worn during the 2nd Q&A(didn't attend the first so can't speak for that) and Themiscyra's while she and Bacon Sandwich were being thoroughly awesome Omeganauts. But then being projected onto such large screens will make just about anything pop.

however now that i think about it i've realised there was a distinct lack of the community coat or arms t-shirts. the only one i say was being worn by Kropotkin as he handed out the badges on Thursday night. a lil bit saddened by that and am now wishing i'd invested in one to help advertise the community. i may not post much or throw myself into the community events(though i really should do both), but this section of the forums and the people who post here are an incredible large part of what makes PAX so special and the more people that know about it the better both the board and PAX will be.

so to everyone that wore their badge, to everyone that signs up because they saw and asked about them, and especially to Kropotkin for putting in the time, effort and cost of designing, making and distributing(and the same to the others that helped with this) them i've got to give a huge Thank You and Well Done!!!

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    didn't get my badge until saturday, due to feeling kind of overwhelmed all day friday, but i was really excited to get it. answered two questions correctly and claimed my prize. i wish i'd chatted with more forumers than i did (anxiety sometimes gets the best of me), but i kept my eyes out for badge-wearers and felt a sense of pride and camaraderie whenever i spotted one. deepest thanks to kropotkin for getting this together for all of us, and to forumers for just being awesome!

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    didn't get my badge until saturday, due to feeling kind of overwhelmed all day friday, but i was really excited to get it. answered two questions correctly and claimed my prize. i wish i'd chatted with more forumers than i did (anxiety sometimes gets the best of me), but i kept my eyes out for badge-wearers and felt a sense of pride and camaraderie whenever i spotted one. deepest thanks to kropotkin for getting this together for all of us, and to forumers for just being awesome!

can totally relate to this. last year was my first ever con never mind my first PAX and between the keynote and then walking onto the expo floor i was in awe for most or the week end(still managed to pick up my badge ont he friday last year though:P).

as for the anxiety, well yeah, you'd think we'd all be able to get over that for at least 3 days but no. :( still there's always next year. more badges, more time to post on the forums, another solo/lonely PAX thread :P. anything that helps.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    HolyyakkerHolyyakker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I will say I wasn't asked any questions. They asked if my name was on the back and I said "Yeah" and they found it and gave me the badge... I feel like a cheated the system.

/bows head in shame

Holyyakker on
    "Beware to March of Dimes" - MacBeth
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks everyone for the kind words on the badges. I personally never got approached by anyone, but I did my best to call out people with them on. Some looked at me strangely and thought me a little odd for pointing out they had one, even after I told them I had created them. Others demonstrated less social ineptitude by not only thanking me for creating them, but also asked me to sign them too. After 4 years of doing these badges, it was the very first time someone actually requested the author's signature on them; I was touched.

Thanks again for the kind words and I will be designing PAX Prime badge very soon. Watch for the thread everyone!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Holyyakker wrote: »
    I will say I wasn't asked any questions. They asked if my name was on the back and I said "Yeah" and they found it and gave me the badge... I feel like a cheated the system.

/bows head in shame

that's all i was asked last year, this year it was simply ' are any or you on the forum?' to the group if was sitting with at the time.

am not really complaining since as i said the more badges out there the better, but yeah it does seem a lil cheap after you take the time to check(and double check) the questions so you don't mess up at the last second.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

/bows head in shame

I think that was the setup, if your name was on it you didn't have to answer questions. I was asked if I was on it and when I said no, I got the questions.

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wraith260 wrote: »

this year it was simply ' are any or you on the forum?' to the group if was sitting with at the time.

am not really complaining since as i said the more badges out there the better, but yeah it does seem a lil cheap after you take the time to check(and double check) the questions so you don't mess up at the last second.

If you attended the Pre PAX gaming event, then you got the badge as I was handing them out. You only have to ask questions at the BYOC desk, as it could be anyone that approaches for a badge and not be on the forums. The questions only act as a gate-keeper to non-forum folk looking for some swag :shock:

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited March 2011
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »

this year it was simply ' are any or you on the forum?' to the group if was sitting with at the time.

If you attended the Pre PAX gaming event, then you got the badge as I was handing them out. You only have to ask questions at the BYOC desk, as it could be anyone that approaches for a badge and not be on the forums. The questions only act as a gate-keeper to non-forum folk looking for some swag :shock:

ah, didn't realises the questions where limited to the BYOC desk hand out. but again great work, both badges were worn and will be kept with pride. :) can't wait to pick up next years.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I got mine on Friday and wore it each day behind my 3 day pass. Just want to say to Kropotkin you did an amazing job on it and it looked great to finally see the final product and now own it. I didn't see anyone else wearing them so I was a little disappointed by that might have been easier to talk to people if I knew they were forum people but there is always next PAX East.

Had a couple people ask about it so that was kind of cool told them about it/about the forums.

nevermore13 on
  • Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

/bows head in shame

Same for me when I went to the BYOC desk. They asked if my name was on the back, what it was and then I got it. Sort of wanted to demonstrate my forum knowledge by answering the questions.

nevermore13 on