As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

TWEWY Pin-Trading - Want in? (UPDATED)

ROFLROFL Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
Hey there, guys! PAX East is coming up. This was brought up last year while I was getting an autograph from Jerry: there hasn't been any TWEWY going on lately. So I was thinking maybe we could bring it back? My brothers and I will be walking around with The World Ends With You so if you want to do any pin-trading or Tin-Pin battle, I say let's do it!
I will be walking around as Tycho if you want to play. We'll be doing some pin-trading, so if you see me and my Gabe, our group of friends will be on TWEWY. If we aren't, we'll switch games so we can play.

TWEWY is one of my favorite games and I'd just love to be able to bring it back. If I can't, then I will still enjoy it, but if I could share that with even some of you, it'd be a great way to spend the Expo.
Hope to see atleast a few of you showing some love to that game while we're there!

UPDATE:

We'll be meeting at the Handheld lounge at 4:30 on Friday and Saturday. I don't know if we'll get this many (though we can hope!) but the first 9 people each day will get a TWEWY O-pin (red skull pin) IRL. I have 18 of them printed up as actual pins. Just a little thank you for coming out to play!

We will have an extra DS if you bring your game cartridge and don't have a DS to play it in. That way you can still play a round of tin pin or trade pins.

My Twitter is The_Protoman and my Gabe's Twitter is The_Megaman if you want updates in case we need to change the meeting place or something like that.

Hope to see you there!

ROFL on

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You have convinced me to bring this game, as I had forgotten about the social aspects of it.

Kai_San on
  • psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This is why I need to bring a bandoleer of DS: One for TWEWY, one for DQ9, one or more for the pokemons.

Odds are good I'll spend most of my time with DQ9 running, trying to trade out some of the maps I got at Prime 2010, but if there is some TWEWY I'll be down with that. :)

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If there's enough interest y'all can use HandHeld for a meet up like the pokecrew and DQ9 folks. Can probably work out a tweet as well if a time(s) is picked out far enough ahead.

Scoots on
  • creid8creid8 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I will definitely have a DS running TWEWY on me at all times.

creid8 on
  • ROFLROFL Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow I'm surprised (though pleasantly) to see a response!

How about Handheld lounge at 4:30 on Friday and Saturday?

What are some alternate times people would like for Saturday and Sunday?

I'll have DQ9 on me as well as a pokewalker, but this will primarily be a TWEWY meet up.
    I warn you, I haven't played tin-pin in a while. I'm probably gonna be rusty at first. I'll make sure to practice a bit.

Just remember. If you see a Gabe and Tycho with 2-3 other guys, that's my group with TWEWY in. Hopefully we'll be hard to miss, so that should make it easier to meet up.

And if you can't make that meeting time, we can try and switch it, or if you see us in the hallway (or waiting in line!) feel free to stop us to play or something.

ROFL on
  • InsanelyZanterInsanelyZanter Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Curses! I recently loaned my copy to a friend. Who wiped the save after he played. So I'm at a shortage of good pins.

I'll play through it again on the ride up I guess, good pins or no, I'll be sure to join in! I'll be the big guy with the zelda scarf.

InsanelyZanter on
    edited March 2011
    ROFL wrote: »
    Wow I'm surprised (though pleasantly) to see a response!

How about Handheld lounge at 4:30 on Friday and Saturday?

What are some alternate times people would like for Saturday and Sunday?
    I could probably make at least one of those times.

creid8 on
  • PukaPuka Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Totally interested in this if I could borrow a friend's DS since my 3 year old nephew broke mine; game slot broken. ):

Puka on
    edited March 2011
    Puka wrote: »
    Totally interested in this if I could borrow a friend's DS since my 3 year old nephew broke mine; game slot broken. ):

I think one of my brothers has an extra DS. We may be able to help you out with that :)

ROFL on
    edited March 2011
    Updated with final info and contact stuff!

ROFL on
    edited March 2011
    Not sure if you checked out the other meet-up times [url=href:http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=137952]here[/url]. Sunday is going to be much more mellow as far as time constraints. Staggering the times (what you have now) could work, but it may get "interesting". How would y'all feel about either earlier or later times on fri/sat?

PM me if you want to hash out!

Scoots on
    edited March 2011
    only issue is earlier I'll be doing something and later may run into the short period of dinner we'd have before getting ready for other lines. I could try pushing it to 5pm if that'd work for people. But unfortunately, I'm planning this to fit into my schedule as well :) and these are the times I'm free.

we could always move from the handheld area. It's atleast a meeting up spot. but we could meander our way to a different location once we got people.

ROFL on
    edited March 2011
    As it is already wednesday...

Just stick with 4:30 and meander if you need to.

Scoots on
    edited March 2011
    Scoots wrote: »
    As it is already wednesday...

Just stick with 4:30 and meander if you need to.

Will do. I don't want to cause any issues with the other people in the handheld lounge. We probably won't get too many people, so I'm not too concerned. Thanks.

ROFL on
    edited March 2011
    What happened? Showed up at 4:30 on Sat but couldn't find anyone. I ran into someone who just happened to be playing TWEWY, and then 2 more people found us. Properly using Mingle Mode was almost impossible in the handheld lounge though, since starting it would immediately pick up 10 people playing Pokemon.

creid8 on
    edited March 2011
    Mingle mode SUCKED in that building. Totally forgot about the civvies..

basically, what happened was Friday, only one person showed up (even though he was fun to hang with for a bit and, dammit, he beat my ass in Tin-Pin!! I need more practice!!)

and Saturday, Gabe and I ended up having a schedule shift big time. we went from free to not free VERY quickly and by the time we COULD run around, the time-slot was over

I apologize GREATLY for this problem!!! We meant to be there but things got hectic very fast (not to mention we were stopped every 5 seconds on our way to anywhere! even while playing DnD people were asking for pictures! (if you asked us, I promise we didn't mind!!! it was actually pretty funny for us. we never expected that!))

So again, I apologize! I feel terribly that we didn't make it!

ROFL on