As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Enforcers Thank You Thread

• FastrFastr Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Enforcers are what make pax go! A huge thanks tot hem all!
    They're so much better then all the wanna be cops yelling at us to fill in the tiny little gaps between people while waiting in a line.

Fastr on
  • KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This thread warms my heart <3 (I was the morning registration guy with the Red Sox cap and huge camera)

Kilonum on
    JfqWFk8.png
  • LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh man, thanks sooooo much to all the enforcers. Big thanks to the ones working the Main Theater at the concerts! Before the shows, you all managed to keep us entertained via pipecleaners and trivia games, and during the shows you kept us all in line, and then between the shows you'd just be cool people to converse with.

Keep on keepin' on, guys. You rock.

Loweryi on
  • IxmasatIxmasat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thank you Enforcers - it takes a certain kind of person to remain perpetually awesome while maintaining the best semblance of "order" that can exist at a PAX, and you all are that type of person and more. Many, many thanks!

Ixmasat on
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    And of course remember that PAX is not just a 3 day sprint for Enforcers. It's a 6 day marathon. 6 days that they are not doing their normal jobs. 6 days that they are not spending with their families (...well, not their "normal" families). 6 days of little sleep, little food, and an excess of physical and mental exertion.

And what do they get in return for all that? A blue, long sleeved t-shirt and the satisfaction of contributing to something they love.

It takes an Enforcer for that equation to work itself out and keep them coming back next time.

Which is why, as a Cookie Brigadier, I'm glad some a few people in our humble group had the forethought to make up a nice bag of cookies for the Enforcers.

The only encounter I had with a specific Enforcer was in line for the Reverse Q and A with Harmonix. The "Line Entertainment Crew" were all there to make sure we were having fun. I was the one who beatboxed for apin and deck of cards. I was also quite happy to help them out as well, because at about the same time, Khoo had tweeted about needing to talk to a Brigadier, and they asked me if I could help them out as well. I gave them my cell number, but told them that I was only a distributer and that I was going to Tweet at Punzie to see if she could help. Either way, I hope that in two years (next year I'll go as a regular con attendee to see everything else) I'll be just as helpful as the enforcers were this year.

I almost wish that there was some sort of Pre-PAX meeting for Enforcers and the MCCA security, so that we can solve the problem of rude MCCA security guards generally being meanies.

feitocomfruta on
  • RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You can't understand how much I love enforcers. Like...

So.

Much.

(Related tangent)
    I've been going to Anime Boston for five years. I liked it, it was fun. The volenteers are pretty cool, too. I mean, they like anime and they're awesome enough to volenteer.

But Enforcers...... they are the cream of the crop. They are passionate, kind, patient, forgiving, personable. Every time I passed one of you guys I had to fight the urge to hug you. So instead I went up to a few of you on different occasions and shook your hands and said how much win you are made of.

Keep being my heros.

RainbowTunnel on
  • RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thank you Enforcers for doing such a great job. I didn't interact with many of you but the ones I did talk to were nice and friendly

To the male Enforcer standing near the right side Main Theatre bathrooms before the Keynote (looking at the theatre), I hope I didn't offend you when I implied that you were a PAX bathroom attendant (it sounded like it to me). I know they need people there to point out where the bathrooms are but I was trying to tell you in my own way that I felt bad that that's where you were placed. It's an unglamorous area to work in but you did great

To the male Enforcer from Gloucester (I think) sitting by the Main Theatre escalators before the X-Play Live taping, it was nice talking to you. I was the girl from Middleton

Rayze on
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Enforcers are awesome, thanks for making PAX a great experience!

Headhunter on
    "Perception is reality." -unknown
  • MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thank you to the several main theater Medical area Enforcers for working with me during the concerts and letting me film without issue, and generally being just fricken cool to talk to!

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Much love to [E]. Special thanks to the late night handheld lounge enforcers (scoots, Rdr, Brian, and the guy with the hat!) for some late night hilarity (the zombie munchkin saturday night was epic).

zerzhul on
  • DivebommahDivebommah Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Would also like to chime in. As an exhibitor, the Enforcers were a massive help telling me where stuff went, where stuff was, when stuff happened, managing lines, entertaining us, etc. You are all awesome. And my colleague Stefanie was totally digging Big Red's cape.

Divebommah on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks, everyone. We wouldn't work so hard if you weren't so awesome. :D<3

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks guys. This thread makes me feel good :)

You guys totally make the show though. Without attendees and your awesome-itude there is no PAX.

3cl1ps3 on
  • DudeWithThePantsDudeWithThePants Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    The enforcers were lovely. Helpful, enthusiastic, entertaining, and often appearing just in time to quell a swell of insanity.

For making my first PAX an even more memorable event than I imagine it would have been otherwise, I thank you.

DudeWithThePants on
  • nawojnawoj Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    thank you attendees... you all make our job easy.

special thanks to the guy from NY who let me ride in his cab back to PAX from the westin @ Copley when the shuttle took forever.

nawoj on
    "He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it." ~DNA
  • Mike TooleMike Toole Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Story time:

On Saturday afternoon, my 11-year-old nephew and I took a break from the expo floor to do some console freeplay gaming. Naturally, it was pretty crowded, so we hung around (processing was speedy, only about a 35-minute wait) and when our turn came, nephew wanted to try Little Big Planet 2, since he didn't have a PS3 and loves games that involve creation. The very kind enforcer handling our processing noted that all copies were checked out but one was due back momentarily, so said we could probably get it if we waited a minute or two. So we waited.

Twenty minutes later, the copy finally came back - through that 20 minutes, our enforcer was very vocal to the runners and other staff that the very next copy of LBP2 absolutely had to come to him so he could pass it to us. When we signed it out, he said that since we'd waited patiently for it, we'd get an entire hour of playtime instead of the usual 30 minutes. Boffo!

So we played, and had fun, and sometime later while we were embroiled in a jumping puzzle, I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was our enforcer, and he gently reminded me that our hour was up. But hey, since we were in the middle of a level, we could have a few more minutes to finish up. So we did, and that was grand.

All this happened at about 3:30pm. At 11pm, I stumbled back in after a killer party to waste some time with Marvel vs Capcom 3, and the guy was still working! I told him he needed some downtime, and he shrugged and said that it hardly felt like work at all. The next morning, I was shaking off the cobwebs by doing a Rock Band tune at the open stage at about 9:30 (if you heard my screeching rendition of "Two Princes," I really have to apologize. But let's face it, you deserved it)... and the same enforcer appeared again, studiously hunting down extra drumsticks so another RB station could be properly equipped! Absolutely amazing.

I've never met an enforcer I didn't like, but I think this dude (blond, a bit stocky, hair going thin on top) was my favorite enforcer of the show. Thanks again, pal - I hope you got to rest eventually!

Mike Toole on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Many thanks to Alex Brewer for helping me out at the very beginning of PAX.
    He has made the phrase "It's not who are but who you know" actually real for me.

I am very glad that I had time to chat with him later while I was waiting for some Ghostbusters.

EDIT:

Arco was incredible as well. It is not his fault that the lights around the screen were not designed to be turned off.
    He did his best and he deserves our thanks.

I was bummed that I did not make into the second Rage panel, but at least I have the decency not to yell at
    enforcers and POLICE officers about it. The heat from that confrontation was so intense that it forced me to flee.
    I could not deal with that situation even if I was getting paid.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • elgefeelgefe Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Thank you Enforcers, you did an amazing job that made my first PAX that much satisfying.
    /salute from a Venezuelan fan.

elgefe on
  • dirkgentlydirkgently Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The entire staff was awesome, but a special thanks to Chad Goode aka "Meatshield". That armor and the blades you made was awesome. I loved hearing about it on sunday evening after you did that photo with the minecraft creeper.

dirkgently on
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't know how many enforcers gave me directions, but thank you all! The BCEC is hella confusing.

Also, to whatever poor enforcer heard me exasperatedly say "I hate this place!" and then walk up behind me and say "Could I help you hate it less?" to which I asked for where the main door was, I was just trying to get lunch, I wasn't bailing on the con!

(I just meant I hate the BCEC... it's so so hard to get around!)

Anyway, thanks guys for being awesome- I hope you aren't short staffed next year too!

Kiashien on
    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thank you very much Enforcers for being awesome for another PAX East! Especially for trying to help me find the Trion (Rift) booth, even though they weren't listed in the directory.

acumen101 on
    Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think that the best compliment that I can give you Enforcers is that I can't wait to be one of you someday. Seriously, if I get to make it to PAX East the next two years, I'll make sure that the second year will involve me being an Enforcer.

feitocomfruta on
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I agree with the sentiment that the enforcers did a good job. They are simply the best option for an event like this. Fans who want to be at the convention helping the convention out. If this were a different sort of event where Wheaton's Law isn't lex terrae I think a different method might be advisable for liability reasons, but for PAX the enforcers are a perfect fit.

zepherin on
  • WeaponIIWeaponII Baltimore, MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A huge 'Thank You' to all the enforcers! From start to finish (and then some) you guys were on top of everything!

WeaponII on
    PAX East: My Second Coming - 2013
    ticket[x] flight[x] hotel/room share[x] time off[x]
  • OcTavius12OcTavius12 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I liked all the enforces except that one guy that called off Talking classics, he was way out of line and on a power trip, sorry but that guy was a straight up dick

OcTavius12 on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    THANK YOU ENFORCERS! You guys were awesome. I got to speak with a bunch of you and you were all super friendly. Love you! (But I'm not IN love with you. Sorry.)

Themiscyra on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for all the kind words!

I do apologize for having to get on to some of you for jumping and making huge forts with the Sumos. I know some of you were upset but it really was for your protection and the sumos protection.

See you all next year!

Rdr on
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Over and over, I'd find myself a bit lost and look around for the nearest splash of red, and was always met with smiles and help. One of my favorite things about PAX is that I never have to hesitate when asking for help.

Special thanks to the Line Entertainment Crew for being just about the coolest people ever, and for giving me an awesome set of buttons that I will cherish forever.

Thank you, Enforcers!

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Enforcers are awesome. <3<3<3 BYOC Enforcers were my favourites! =^.^= Mostly because you guys were stuck in one place and had to talk to me. Mwahahaha!

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • TangoTango Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    OcTavius12 wrote: »
    I liked all the enforces except that one guy that called off Talking classics, he was way out of line and on a power trip, sorry but that guy was a straight up dick

I want to head this one off at the pass right now. I'm the guy responsible for the security we do Enforcer-side at PAX East. The Enforcer in charge of that theater was doing the best he could under difficult circumstances. Furthermore, he was following guidelines that I had set him before I left the theater in case things crossed the line into being unsafe. At the end of the day, PAX has requirements, the MCCA has safety requirements, and -- on a strictly personal level of opinion -- I'm not a fan of Enforcers being insulted by panellists. I think the Enforcer in question showed admirable restraint and, although I'm not an employee of PA and so forth, I fully support his actions.

Edit: Shadowfire, I think there's something in my eye. ;) Thank you, and thank you to everyone for the feedback - whether good or bad. See you next year -- or even in Seattle!

Tango on
  • CaldvanCaldvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    To echo Tango:

There were things going on with that particular case behind the scenes. It's not appropriate for me to go into detail, but while it sucked that the panel was shut down, it wasn't because of an Enforcer on a power trip.

Caldvan on
    [E]
    edited March 2011
    Rdr wrote: »

I do apologize for having to get on to some of you for jumping and making huge forts with the Sumos. I know some of you were upset but it really was for your protection and the sumos protection.

See you all next year!

There *was* a SUMO death, so it's not like your concerns were unwarranted.... it was horrific... sumo blood everywhere....

zerzhul on
  • OcTavius12OcTavius12 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tango wrote: »
    OcTavius12 wrote: »

I want to head this one off at the pass right now. I'm the guy responsible for the security we do Enforcer-side at PAX East. The Enforcer in charge of that theater was doing the best he could under difficult circumstances. Furthermore, he was following guidelines that I had set him before I left the theater in case things crossed the line into being unsafe. At the end of the day, PAX has requirements, the MCCA has safety requirements, and -- on a strictly personal level of opinion -- I'm not a fan of Enforcers being insulted by panellists. I think the Enforcer in question showed admirable restraint and, although I'm not an employee of PA and so forth, I fully support his actions.

Edit: Shadowfire, I think there's something in my eye. ;) Thank you, and thank you to everyone for the feedback - whether good or bad. See you next year -- or even in Seattle!

Thats great if thats your opinion dude, i just think their were a few other ways it could have been handled, and with only 5 mins left. What really bothered people was what was "the last straw" it was him climbing under a table, if he was standing on it again; it would have been like the 8th time and then i could maybe understand it. But its over and done with no reason talking about it anymore. The other 99.9% enforcers i thought were great

OcTavius12 on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    zerzhul wrote: »

See you all next year!

There *was* a SUMO death, so it's not like your concerns were unwarranted.... it was horrific... sumo blood everywhere....

Actually we had 3 sumo deaths.

*pours some of his shitty Heineken into the train aisle for the fallen comfy heroes of the weekend*

Rdr on
  • SpectacledBearSpectacledBear Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thank you to all Enforcers. It was my first PAX and you always answered my questions without batting me about the ears.

Especially thanks to the Enforcers from the Handheld Lounge on Level 1. I made a lame joke, you acted like you didn't hear it, and I got to try out Pokemon SoulSilver. :)

SpectacledBear on
    Currently playing Stardew Valley and I Am Setsuna.

LPr3CtQ.png
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

See you all next year!

Actually we had 3 sumo deaths.

*pours some of his shitty Heineken into the train aisle for the fallen comfy heroes of the weekend*

I always cry at Sumo funerals... *tear* they've served soo much active duty for us, I will always remember them.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • olleeollee OhioRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yes, thank you Enforcers, there are 3 of you with 6inch awesome face pins that was my little thanks, woulda liked to give y'all one...but alas, I am poor.

ollee on
    <Long Time Lurker, Perpetual First Time Poster>

http://www.team9000.net/
  • GloomyBrianGloomyBrian Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Much love to [E]. Special thanks to the late night handheld lounge enforcers (scoots, Rdr, Brian, and the guy with the hat!) for some late night hilarity (the zombie munchkin saturday night was epic).

Somewhere out there is an iphone recording of the Zombie Munchkin of Unstoppable Innuendo...

GloomyBrian on
    edited March 2011

Somewhere out there is an iphone recording of the Zombie Munchkin of Unstoppable Innuendo...

YES THERE IS! Frugus, I'm looking at you! (not in public though... but I want the recording)

zerzhul on
  • TeeArrWilliamsTeeArrWilliams Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Enforcers, you were all incredible. I talked to MANY of you, and every single one of you was friendly and knowledgeable, going above and beyond the call of duty to make sure we were all having a great experience.

To that end, I made sure to get some good pictures of you all doing your thing.

5531289344_f3526a90ae_z.jpg
    IMG_7377 by trwr39

5530703173_8f2a3ecf09_z.jpg
    IMG_7366 by trwr39

5530701269_ee75de03a1_z.jpg
    IMG_7362 by trwr39, on Flickr

5531284154_5b7a80ba7e_z.jpg
    IMG_7353 by trwr39

Thank you all so much. <3

TeeArrWilliams on