As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC June 2011 Solicits

HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Graphic Violence
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-comics-jun-2011-solicitations-110314.html

Judging by the solicits, it looks like no major character dies in War of the Green Lanterns.

Also, check out the trade and collection solicits. A lot of reprints of classic material from the 70s and 80s. Probably the best part of the solicits.

HadjiQuest on

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not necessarily

Kyle's mask is shattered on the cover and for all we know "CHANGING KYLE'S WORLD" could be solicit talk for "He's dead, Jim."

Also
    Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI and CHRIS ROBERSON
    Art by EDDY BARROWS and J.P. MAYER
    Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
    1:10 Variant cover by GEORGE PÉREZ
    Meet Los Angeles’s newest super hero in the latest Chapter of “Grounded”: Sharif! But Sharif discovers that in today’s current cultural climate, some people don’t want his help – they just want him gone. Can Superman aid Sharif and quell a prejudiced public, or are there some problems too big even for the Man of Steel to solve?
    Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
    :?

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Under JMS I would shriek, but maybe Roberson can make that story palatable.

It's kind of necessary at this point after the insanity that the French Batman has lead to.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ok, since we have a thread for the solicits I'll move this here

That Superman solicit, someone listened to too much of The Clash.....

I just want this stupid social commentary to stop.

Scott Clark drawing Batman Inc. #8 is a joke. A Phillip Tan joke. He can draw Warblade like a pro but Batman and Internet 3.0 is a different story.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Another thing that should be pointed out is that Kelly Sue Deconnick is on Supergirl, which means the other guy and whatever ideas Spencer pitched are entirely gone, and that the book will probably go back to rotating teams of freelancers.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not much is grabbing me. I'm planning on sitting out War of the Green Lanterns and Flashpoint entirely, and a few of the books I had been reading are due to be canceled. But, Ditko's Shade the Changing Man is being put into an Omnibus, so I'll probably get that.

Action Comics looks to be getting roped into the whole Doomsday mini-event, which is unfortunate.

Batgirl looks really fun, teaming Stephanie up with Squire.

I'm kind of curious about what the "new" Wonder Woman will be like, but not really curious enough to read it.

The JSA 80-Page Giant has some good creators attached, and I generally like those characters when they're off doing their own things, as in JSA Classified, so I'll probably buy that.

Nice to see the ad-free Static Shock special, paying homage to McDuffie. I wish someone besides Henderson was writing it, since I'm not a fan of her, but I like Denys Cowan's work, so I might snag it.

Munch on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2011
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Not necessarily

Kyle's mask is shattered on the cover and for all we know "CHANGING KYLE'S WORLD" could be solicit talk for "He's dead, Jim."

Also
    Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
    Meet Los Angeles’s newest super hero in the latest Chapter of “Grounded”: Sharif! But Sharif discovers that in today’s current cultural climate, some people don’t want his help – they just want him gone. Can Superman aid Sharif and quell a prejudiced public, or are there some problems too big even for the Man of Steel to solve?
    Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.

There's racial prejudice, and Sharif don't like it

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Keith wrote: »
    Not necessarily

Also
    Cover by JOHN CASSADAY

Well, racial prejudice is bad.

admanb on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wait. A guy named Sharif getting harassed in Los Angeles?

Only if he lives south of the Ten and is black.

BRIGHTEST DAY AFTERMATH: THE SEARCH #1

Following the events of Brightest Day, the new protector of Earth has been chosen. But one reluctant hero making his return to the DCU is trying to convince Batman, Superman and the others heroes of the DC Universe that this may not be a good thing, because he can see that things are not right and mankind’s brightest days are indeed over.
    Way to sell me, DC. Who writes this crap?

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wait

wait

a big weekly series follow up involves searching for a character who has been missing for a while who reluctantly returns to the hero game?

dc48234comicsnum830pg27.jpg
    Hurrrrm

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    hahaha

Good show.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2011
    that countdown promo is hilarious though

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wait

wait

a big weekly series follow up involves searching for a character who has been missing for a while who reluctantly returns to the hero game?

Hurrrrm

But It's not Weekly.

And it's only 3 issues

MastaP on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    MastaP wrote: »
    Wait

wait

Hurrrrm

But It's not Weekly.

And it's only 3 issues

i think he means it's a followup to a big weekly series

(which was bi-weekly)

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    What Keith said

the joke stands

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not necessarily

Also
    Cover by JOHN CASSADAY

:^: It had to be said.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wait. A guy named Sharif getting harassed in Los Angeles?

Only if he lives south of the Ten and is black.

Local joke high five!

I like that the solicit says that mankind's brightest days are over. Things have just been too fucking bright recently, what with the mass killings, eradication of entire cities and consecutive apocalypse scenarios. Truly, the people of the DCU have been living in the golden age for too long!

Lux on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not necessarily

Also
    Cover by JOHN CASSADAY

As long as it's nowhere near the Casbah

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Whoa, another Absolute Sandman book? Count me in.

Headhunter on
    "Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Man, that series is a damn golden goose.

Crimsondude on