As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] RAW DANGER 2 / 絶体絶命都市3 (SET 04 LIVE! Jan 10th

1235»

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I'm sorry, Kaseius.
    Many expected a delay in Disaster Report 4's release following Friday's Tohoku earthquake and tsunami. Irem went a bit further than that: it cancelled the game.

In a brief statement issued today, the company simply said that it has cancelled the game, without providing a reason. It apologized to fans who were waiting for the game and all those related to the project.

Disaster Report 4 is the first PlayStation 3 entry in Irem's disaster-themed adventure series that saw two entries on PS2 followed by one entry on PSP. The game begins with a major earthquake laying waste to a city. Players must deal with collapsing infrastructure as they attempt to escape the city.

The game was most recently flagged with a Spring release time frame and already appeared in playable form at last year's Tokyo Game Show.
    Kaseius wrote: »
    DISASTER REPORT 4 CANCELLED

NOOOOOO

Why'd you have to go and remind him, CJ? :cry:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    B:L wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I'm sorry, Kaseius.
    Many expected a delay in Disaster Report 4's release following Friday's Tohoku earthquake and tsunami. Irem went a bit further than that: it cancelled the game.

In a brief statement issued today, the company simply said that it has cancelled the game, without providing a reason. It apologized to fans who were waiting for the game and all those related to the project.

Disaster Report 4 is the first PlayStation 3 entry in Irem's disaster-themed adventure series that saw two entries on PS2 followed by one entry on PSP. The game begins with a major earthquake laying waste to a city. Players must deal with collapsing infrastructure as they attempt to escape the city.

The game was most recently flagged with a Spring release time frame and already appeared in playable form at last year's Tokyo Game Show.
    DISASTER REPORT 4 CANCELLED

NOOOOOO

Why'd you have to go and remind him, CJ? :cry:

Because he's a sadistic son of a bitch.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I wonder if there'd be something sponsored we could do to raise money for Japan. I figure playing Raw Danger would be in bad taste, sadly.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I'm sad about the game being out-right cancelled, as I was seriously probably the single most excited person on this planet for it.

However, it's really understandable. The events in Japan are really, truly disastrous.

I find it a bit strange that sales for ZZT4 shot up on Amazon after the earthquake. Or maybe amusing. Or something!

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I'm sad about the game being out-right cancelled, as I was seriously probably the single most excited person on this planet for it.

However, it's really understandable. The events in Japan are really, truly disastrous.

I find it a bit strange that sales for ZZT4 shot up on Amazon after the earthquake. Or maybe amusing. Or something!
    Well yes, but the game is set in fictional places and doesn't make light of these tragedies.

It would have been a more touching move to donate part of the proceeds to relief efforts, since the game was near completion. I can only wonder if this was an excuse to axe the project, though. :(

• Options
    edited March 2011
    B:L wrote: »

Well yes, but the game is set in fictional places and doesn't make light of these tragedies.

It would have been a more touching move to donate part of the proceeds to relief efforts, since the game was near completion. I can only wonder if this was an excuse to axe the project, though. :(

Well, it was delayed once according to Wikipedia:
    Initially, the game was planned for a March 10th release, a day before the 2011 Sendai earthquake and tsunami, but was pushed back to a Spring time frame.[2] Chief producer, Kazuma Kujo said the reason for the delay was because the game could not be completed in time.[2] The game was officially cancelled on March 14, 2011[3].

So, it could have been that it just needed a lot more work or something? I don't know. Sadness all around. :(

Kaseius on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well, sad as it is, I'm sure the series isn't dead yet. It might take more time, but it'll be back eventually.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well, sad as it is, I'm sure the series isn't dead yet. It might take more time, but it'll be back eventually.
    I thought IREM was struggling financially, and cancelling a near-complete game after putting in that much money and getting nothing back would mean... :(

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wait, doesn't Kaseius know people in Japan? People of the female persuasion who get him awesome Japanese stuff?

:?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yes -- my girlfriend lives in Japan, along with other friends (including the lady who has been translating this LP, which I have put on hold for a while due to real-life things and the amount of time it takes to get sets done). Everyone's okay, though, thankfully. I also have a trip planned in April, and am going to be there about a month.

also, do I need to make a thread for my Chulip LP? (it sucks)

Kaseius on