As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play Archive - Still open for business!

HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration ThreadCentrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
edited July 2013 in Games and Technology
letsplayarchivebanner1.png
My indie game is better than yours.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Welcome to the Thread!
Welcome to the Penny Arcade Forum archive of Lets Plays! This thread catalogs Lets Plays made by members of our community (whether it be G&T, SE++, or wherever else), whether the Lets Plays are developed on the forum via threads or hosted elsewhere. If you're unaware, a Lets Play is a documenting (via video, screen shot, and maybe journal keeping) of one's playing of a video game. Sometimes they're funny, sometimes they're informative, and sometimes someone just kicks ass at the game.

As with all things on the internet, not all productions are of high quality work. While there are no promises for things promoted via this thread, I have been trying to promote an environment of constructive criticism. Be critical, but be nice. As Tube would put it, be excellent to each other.
Table of Contents
Thread Rules & Guidelines -- (this post)
Let's Plays from the Internet -- (this post)
PA Forumer Let's Plays -- (second post)
PA Forumer Failed LP's of Note -- (second post)
Tech Support / Advice -- (third post)
PA Forumer Stream Channels -- (third post)

Thread Rules & Guidelines

What this thread is for:
  • Asking for co-commentary partners / group commentary. As it may be hard to make this happen, I decided to allow for it here.
  • Asking for technical help. Any software / hardware involved in the LP process is up for discussion here.
    • As of July, 2013 I'm going to recommend people use Help / Advice for this. You can still ask here but over the time this thread has existed, the help for this sorta thing has been stagnant (relatively speaking). And H/A gets traffic for this sorta thing anyway.
    • Going in hand with this, I've axed the tech support section. The times I've tried working on it were never working out anyway.
  • Asking for feedback for test videos and post formats. Wanting to gauge interest in an LP is no longer a function of this thread as of Aug. 10th, 2012.
  • Providing general feedback, information, and techniques for making an LP and resources used in making LPs. If the latest version of some software or hosting service involved in LP'ing totally botches things in some manner, let us know.
  • Getting forumer LP's added to the list, old or new. I only accept completed or nearly-finished submissions. I can and will have biased exceptions.
  • Stream channel announcements. Some of our community members operate channels where they play games streaming live to the internet. These individuals are clear to use this thread to announce when they're starting up a session. I'm going to be opening a list in the near future of stream accounts, as these are growing in popularity while also serving the same entertainment value of LPs.
  • Discussing LPs from other sources on the web. Because there's some good stuff out there.
    • With regard to the list of stuff from beyond the forum; this list is something I'll maintain at my discretion, depending on the general discussion people have about 'em. If I see that something is popular (or just watch something myself), I'll add it.

What this thread is NOT for:
  • Bugging Henroid about updates! I do this on my free time, it's a volunteer service!
    • By extension, asking for a subforum for Let's Plays here. After some demand I went to Tube and made the case for having a subforum. He returned to me with an answer of no, but he digs the idea of this thread.
  • Discussing any of the LPs in our list; they have their own threads for a reason.
    • Despite this rule, PLEASE use some discretion in understanding what necro-posting is. If an LP thread has been lying still for a year or more, it's better you post in this thread rather than resurrect it.
    • I'm going to make the point here that nobody here has to like every LP our community produces. However, because we are indeed a community, I expect criticism to be a step above the normal "it sucks" or "it's shit" attitudes. If you're providing negative feedback about someone's LP, be constructive about it and do not argue with the maker. Help your community improve on things, don't just shit all over it. This is not to be confused with language use of your feedback. You don't have to be a Mr. Rogers.
  • Newly registered users pimpin' their LP's or accounts. Perspectives have shifted, and the short of it is that new users posting their LPs immediately is frowned upon (it falls under the site-whoring rule, as social-media now makes people think they are important). This is a community project at heart, not a catch-all for any content that comes our way. Having your LP listed here doesn't earn you any prestige with us or the internet. New users asking for listing will be ignored, and I don't recommend registering and immediately making your thread as your first interaction.
    • However, new users are not barred from joining in discussion in this thread or any of the listed LPs. The point is to not come to the forum just to promote yourself.

How the List Upkeep Works:
This is something I've had to change a few times over the course of the time of this thread's existence, so it may change in some way other another. The current method (as of November, 2012) is to post here and hope I notice it. PM'ing me will only frustrate me as the Vanilla forum software has a hard-to-keep-track of PM system. Further, to have your LP listed you have to be at least near completion (again, exceptions are at my discretion). If you've proven yourself to have a track record of completing what you set out to do, even incomplete threads will get listed while in progress.

Let's Plays from the Internet

Notable YouTube Channels and Websites
SirRonLionHeart -- A FANTASTIC, ULTRA, OMEGA LP'er who is eccentric as hell.
Freeman's Mind -- Hear the thoughts of Freeman as he manages the Resonance Cascade. It updates quite rarely.
Retsupurae -- Not a Lets Play channel necessarily. This is run by slowbeef and Diabetus of Something Awful and offers up commentary on bad LPs out there on the net.
Freelance Astronauts -- The Freelance Astronauts hail from Something Awful, but are branching out with their very own site. The games range from classics like Lemmings, to newer hits like Resident Evil 4, and even horrible homebrew games such as the infamous Ballion.

Recommended from the SomethingAwful Lets Play Archive
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 by pokecapn
Sonic Unleashed by pokecapn
Silent Hill by voidburger
Princess Maker 2 by SynthYellow
Battletoads by Diabetus
Dwarf Fortress (Boatmurdered) by various members of the SA community
Jurassic Park: Trespasser by Research Indicates
Animal Crossing by Chewbot
XCOM by GuavaMoment
Knights of the Old Republic 2 by Scorchy
Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 3 by Oyster (if only for the contests)
Dead to Rights by Diabetus and slowbeef
Ultima 4, 5, and 6, Ultima VII: The Black Gate, Serpent Isle, and Martian Dream by Nakar

Henroid on

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    PA Forumer Let's Plays
    LETS PLAY A DINOSAUR

Adventures of Batman & Robin -- by Sollah -- video
    Aerobiz: Supersonic -- by ASimPerson -- video
    Alan Wake -- by Rent and Earwig Squad -- video
    Aliens vs. Predator -- by UltimaGecko -- video
    Bart vs. The Space Mutants -- by atat23 -- video
    Blood Bowl: Dark Elf Edition -- by npc.EXE -- video
    Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay -- by Donhonk -- video
    Chrono Trigger -- by Katrinonous -- video
    Civilization 4 -- by enlightenedbum -- screenshot
    Clive Barker's Undying -- by Skutskut -- video
    Clock Tower -- by Skutskut -- screenshot
    Colonization -- by enlightenedbum -- screenshot
    Crysis -- by Ninja Snarl P -- video
    Daikatana (Demo) -- by Einhander -- screenshot
    Demon's Souls -- by Trynant -- video
    Deus Ex -- by Italax -- video
    Diablo -- by Henroid -- screenshot
    Dirge of Cerberus -- by KZX -- video
    The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind -- by DE?AD -- video
    Fallout 3 -- by atat23 -- video
    Final Fantasy VII -- by Adus -- screenshot
    Fire Emblem 4 -- by Frosteey -- hybrid
    Grand Theft Auto IV -- by Adus -- video
    Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City -- by Adus -- video
    Gunman Chronicles -- by Cyrus106 -- video
    Half-Life -- by ArcSyn -- screenshot
    Half-Life -- by MMAN -- video
    Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories -- by Dragonatrix -- screenshot
    Klonoa: Empire of Dreams -- by Dragonatrix -- video
    The Lone Ranger -- by The Real Inferno -- video
    Lone Wolf -- by Kelor -- text
    Mass Effect 2 -- by Bethryn -- video
    Master of Magic -- by Kayne Red Robe -- screenshot
    Master of Orion -- by Xenogears of Bore -- screenshot
    Megaman, like all of them? -- by various -- video
    Mega Man X2 -- by Blackbeard7 -- video
    Mirror's Edge -- by Bethryn -- video
    Myst (series) -- by Stilts -- screenshot
    The Neverhood -- by AlexPHott -- video
    Nier -- by Rent and Earwig Squad -- video
    Paradox strategy games -- by various forumers -- screenshot
    Prototype -- by Morninglord -- video
    Red Faction -- by SkutSkut -- hybrid
    Revelations: Persona -- by Blackjack -- hybrid
    Rule of Rose -- by Katrinonous -- video
    Shadow Man -- by atat23 -- video
    Shining Force 2 -- by Henroid -- screenshot
    Silent Storm -- by VeritasVR -- video
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. -- by Ninja Snarl P -- video
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. -- by Stolls -- screenshot
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat -- by Ninja Snarl P -- video
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky -- by Ninja Snarl P -- video
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl -- by AlexPHot -- YouTube
    Suikoden -- by Schide -- screenshot
    Tomb Raider Legend -- by surrealitycheck -- video
    Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines -- by Aistan -- screenshot
    Victoria 2 -- by enlightenedbum -- screenshot
    X-Com: Enemy Unknown -- by stilts -- screenshot
    X-Com: Terror From The Deep -- by chiasaur11 -- hybrid

Prolific Community Members

Helloween's "I Can Quit Anytime I Want"
    Alien vs. Predator 2 -- video
    Alien vs. Predator 3 -- video
    American McGee's Alice -- video
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent -- video
    Call of Cthulhu - Dark Corners of the Earth -- video
    Cryostasis -- video
    Dead Space -- video
    F.E.A.R. -- video
    F.E.A.R. Extraction Point -- video
    Metro 2033 -- video
    Nier -- video
    Penumbra Overture Black Plague -- video
    Silent Hill: Homecoming -- video
    Silent Hill 3 -- video
    The Suffering -- video
    System Shock 2 -- video

Klyka's LP Archive
    Dark Sector -- video
    Damnation -- video
    F.E.A.R. 2 + Reborn -- video
    Infernal -- video
    Overlord 2 -- video
    Spider-Man: Web of Shadows -- video
    Timeshift -- video
    TRON Evolution -- video
    Velvet Assassin -- video
    XCOM 2012 -- video

joshofalltrades' Sanity Sacrifice
    Josh may not be prolific, but he is profane.
    I Wanna Be The Guy -- video
    They Bleed Pixels -- video
    Quest for Glory (Series) -- screenshot
    VVVVVV -- video

Fishman's XCOM LP
    It spanned many threads and earns a place. -- screenshot
    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5

Kaseius' "I Did Quit, Suck On That Helloween"
    Disaster Report -- video
    Dororo/Blood Will Tell -- video
    Jaws Unleashed -- video
    Katamari Damacy -- video
    Noby Noby Boy -- video
    Raw Danger -- video
    Samurai Western -- video
    Way of the Samurai -- video
    Zone of the Enders -- video

Blain's Perpetual Youtube Channel
    Blood -- YouTube
    Gunman Chronicles -- YouTube
    Heart of Evil -- YouTube
    Shattered Steel -- YouTube
    Star Wars Republic Commando -- YouTube
    System Shock -- YouTube
    The Witcher -- video

cj iwakura's "I'd Rather Be Streaming"
    Dragon Force -- screenshot
    Magic Knight Rayearth -- screenshot
    Shin Megami Tensei -- screenshot
    Shin Megami Tensei 2 -- screenshot
    The Graveyard

The following is a list of Lets Plays done by our community that were far along enough, or high quality enough, to not entirely throw out of the thread. Many feel that abandoned works should be gone entirely, but because I know there's investment involved in these they should be honored in some way.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic by Mifio -- video -- Archived for progress.
    Dwarf Fortress by Ferrus and various forumers -- screenshot -- Archived to give people future ideas.
    Etrian Odyssey 2 by Henroid -- screenshot -- Archived because nyeh nyeh.
    Fantasy General by Kayne Red Robe -- screenshot -- Archived for progress.
    Final Fantasy 2 (NA) by Owenashi -- screenshot -- Archived for progress and encouragement to Owen.
    Legend of Zelda, like, all of them by various forumers -- video -- Archived for confusion.
    The Sims 3 by Moriveth -- screenshot -- Archived for content.
    Afraid of Monsters: Director's Cut -- by Cyrus106 -- video -- Archived for progress.

Henroid on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I Want to Make a Lets Play!
    I've axed the tech support section of the thread as of July, 2013. It wasn't fulfilling its intended goal and I wasn't about to make anything come about from it that provided consistent, universal tech advice. But I am going to leave behind just a short list of tips about making LPs:
    • Have plenty of free time to see this through. LPs take a lot of time to do, especially to do right. Have it, or don't try.
    • Be knowledgeable about the game, highly skilled at the game, or regarded as a funny person (by judgment of your peers, not your ego). Otherwise it'll be boring. A combination of any of those things makes it all the better.
    • Don't fake reactions or lack of skill, or do what pewdiepie does. Nobody will like you.
    • Get the community involved. Unlike the other pieces of advice this isn't a need-to-do but it'll help give your LP some unique flavor. Or at least serve a specific audience and be all the more special. How you do this is up to you. Don't let it impede the LP progress though.
    • Never LP a brand new game. I've gone back and forth on this and am decidedly against it again. Please note I don't make the rules here; you can LP games the week of their release all you want, make a thread for it if you want or don't. I just feel you shouldn't and will demonstrate that by not listing the thread here until some time has passed.
    • Making an LP for a game is not a race to glory, to go in hand with the above point. You gain no prestige. None that matters at least.
    • Your first LP should be a game you're familiar with. It'll help you learn if you can manage the necessary time and involvement.

As a general piece of advice,don't do this. (Klyka has our thanks for making a demonstration video)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTjkhCOszb0
    PA Forumer Stream Channels
    In this space will be a list similar to the above lists for PA forumers, only for their stream channels. It will only be links to their channels, not any sort of comprehensive scheduling list.

Henroid on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    can you please remove and/or change a bunch of the 'in progress' lps to abandoned

for instance i know for a fact that Schide's Castlevania lp hasn't been updated for going on five months now. and that's just one example, at least half the 'in progress' lps haven't been updated for half a year or more

Rent on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Do you still have that list you made recently of the in-progress stuff that needed looking at?

If not, I'll jump to it when I get back from work.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Actually, y'know what I've been considering?

There's a general group of folks here that do LPs, and for them I'd list in-progress stuffs. But I'm thinking that any time someone new wants in on the list, they have to complete an LP first.

Henroid on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That would make things easier on you, for sure.

I dunno. I guess it's fair, but if someone is doing an especially long LP and has shown that they're consistent with updating, I think exceptions should probably be made. Morninglord has been doing pretty good with Prototype, for instance.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Why isn't my (completed) Clock Tower listed yet?

Talk about inconsistent updates! :P
    <3

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You need to overhaul the resources part a lot. Take Mediacoder off, or at least make mention of how buggy it is for a lot of people. Add MeGUI for encoding.

Remove Photobucket from the SS hosting or bold the part about how the bandwidth issue makes it shit. Add imgur as a potential host. Put Blip higher on the list. I don't know why it's under Skype in a separated section.

VirtualDub Mod for editing.

Really you should just look at the SA Tech Support thread and use those resources, because I'll be honest when I read this OP it feels very second-rate. Like we have no idea how to do this. I know you linked it, but maybe make the link bigger and center or something.

Adus on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That would make things easier on you, for sure.

I dunno. I guess it's fair, but if someone is doing an especially long LP and has shown that they're consistent with updating, I think exceptions should probably be made. Morninglord has been doing pretty good with Prototype, for instance.

Nah, don't make an exception. I'm cool with it. I just wanted to know if it was going to be updated because thems was the rules you know. You makes the PM you gets on the list.
    If it isn't the case I can stop thinking about it and get back to work.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    BurnsBurns Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Something else to add to the OP might be the video game capture device that Roxio is pushing out. It looks like it would be good for the console LPs. It looks to be about $100, which would peg it as cheaper than Pinnacle Studio?

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/console/overview.html

Burns on
    I only posted here for the blue dot.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'd wanna wait on some reviews before adding it.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    We really need our own image hosting solution.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Adus wrote: »
    You need to overhaul the resources part a lot. Take Mediacoder off, or at least make mention of how buggy it is for a lot of people. Add MeGUI for encoding.

Remove Photobucket from the SS hosting or bold the part about how the bandwidth issue makes it shit. Add imgur as a potential host. Put Blip higher on the list. I don't know why it's under Skype in a separated section.

VirtualDub Mod for editing.

Really you should just look at the SA Tech Support thread and use those resources, because I'll be honest when I read this OP it feels very second-rate. Like we have no idea how to do this. I know you linked it, but maybe make the link bigger and center or something.

Well I'm not gonna defend our tech support section, it is kinda thrown-together. Coincidentally though when I was at work today I got struck by a vision of how to format it better. And I'll be taking your notes into things when I rework it.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    Actually, y'know what I've been considering?

There's a general group of folks here that do LPs, and for them I'd list in-progress stuffs. But I'm thinking that any time someone new wants in on the list, they have to complete an LP first.

YES

do this

Rent on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Also
    Rent wrote: »
    I haven't yet gone through "in progress" marks to see if they're still indeed in progress. Something tells me my right-hand man, Rent, will do it for me!

oh yeah right

Afraid of Monsters: Director's Cut
    by Cyrus106 -- video -- in progress

last update one month ago

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    by Schide -- video -- in progress

last update four months ago

Command Ops: Battle from the Bulge
    by bamjo -- screenshot -- in progress

last update one month ago

Grand Theft Auto IV
    by rb_man -- video -- in progress

last update two months ago

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and the Damned
    by Adus -- video -- in progress

completed

Half-Life: Opposing Force
    by Cyrus106 -- video -- in progress

last update two months ago

Half-Life 2
    by Nappucino and Jaramr -- video -- in progress

last post eight months ago

Might & Magic VII
    by VeritasVR -- video -- in progress
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    Discontinued due to lack of interest.

Sniper Ghost Warrior
    by Spartan 0092 -- video -- in progress

there is one post in this thread. it is the OP. that was four months ago.

Persona 2: Innocent Sin
    by Blackjack -- hybrid -- in progress
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Okay, so obviously this hasn't been updated in a while. But don't worry, I am still trucking along! School has just been hectic, and I'm way too exhausted after class to work on updates, and on days off I am...doing school work, usually. I am hoping to get an update out next weekend.

posted two weeks ago

Super Robot Wars W
    by Pata -- screenshot -- in progress

last post five months ago

Wizards & Warriors (Activision, 2000)
    by guar -- format pending -- in progress

last post four months ago

World in Conflict: Soviet Union
    by SimpsonsParadox -- video -- in progress

last post three months ago

Rent on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    As I said in the last thread, just change Lost and Damned to Episodes from Liberty City (and don't make it completed cause, it's not).

Adus on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Huh, shit, I totally lost track of that Fantasy General LP in the midst of life. I guess I'd better take a look at it again maybe.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Burns wrote: »
    Something else to add to the OP might be the video game capture device that Roxio is pushing out. It looks like it would be good for the console LPs. It looks to be about $100, which would peg it as cheaper than Pinnacle Studio?

Any idea on if this will be available to capture from older consoles, like a PS2 or a PS1? I would be very interested if that's the case.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Any idea on if this will be available to capture from older consoles, like a PS2 or a PS1? I would be very interested if that's the case.

if you got component out A/V cables yes it would

or if the component out A/V cables are just like the EssThree's, then yes it would

also you wouldn't need any specific capture for the PS1 since every 3 plays PS1 games naturally

Rent on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

if you got component out A/V cables yes it would

or if the component out A/V cables are just like the EssThree's, then yes it would

also you wouldn't need any specific capture for the PS1 since every 3 plays PS1 games naturally

Cool! By the way, your Nier LP inspired me to go pick it up new for $20 today :P

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    hell

yes

Rent on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Until reviews come out for that device / people here try it, I'm not gonna add it.

And apologies for lack of updating; I intended to work on it last night, but I instead found myself with arms wrapped around my toilet bowl giving up offerings to the porcelain god.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    One of my (many) due updates has just been done. Rent's targeted list of "in progress" LPs that haven't been has been handled. And the last batch of PMs I'd received have been worked in. Also, Adus' long-standing request on the listing of GTA IV: EfLC. Again, if I missed anything please let me know.

My next update coming in today will be on the OP; the "How to add things to the list" section is going to be changed to "How this thread works," which will include the notes from my special announcement, some rewording on things, as well as my new stipulation for newcomers to the thread (that they will be added when their project is completed). I'm also going to make a note that making bump-posts in your thread is ABSOLUTELY NOT FUCKING COOL AT ALL, which I noticed happening in one thread I checked out for its status.

The final update, which isn't going to happen today likely, is gonna be on the tech support section (which, really, it's going to be overhauled). I'll be taking Adus' feedback into things, as well as checking if the SA Thread is viewable again (last time I checked, it wasn't).

In the meantime I wanted to ask you guys something; how would you feel about a flagging system like SA has on their LP Archive? Which is to say, humorous / informative / challenges / etc?

Edit - I just noticed I left Half-Life: Opposing Force up in the listing; I'm gonna leave it there for now, but it's not getting REMOVED entirely, it's gonna get moved to the list of shame. Because it has a lot of updates committed to it.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'd be fine with tags, but that seems like a lot of work and a lot of people to contact with the current list so far.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Not really, the tags would just be based on our watching them. If something is often funny, we mark it as humorous.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That works too. Still, would be more work than you think. Especially if you watch the whole thing.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm also going to make a note that making bump-posts in your thread is ABSOLUTELY NOT FUCKING COOL AT ALL, which I noticed happening in one thread I checked out for its status..

the fuck do you mean by "bump post"

Rent on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm also going to make a note that making bump-posts in your thread is ABSOLUTELY NOT FUCKING COOL AT ALL, which I noticed happening in one thread I checked out for its status..

the fuck do you mean by "bump post"

As in the post contains nothing but this:
    bump

It's a shitty thing to do for threads in general and is frowned on. I'm making a point of it, though, because I don't want Lets Play threads here associated with that kind of behavior.

I've made my way around bumping a thread by finding something to actually post about, and generally more than just a one-liner.

Posting that the next update is available is NOT a bump-post, mind you.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    What if you post a new update but then make a whole new post for the same update but a different host?!

Adus on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Uh, that's fine, because you're saying that the post has been fixed.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    What if you post a new update but then make a whole new post for the same update but a different host?!

<.<

Rent on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Uh, that's fine, because you're saying that the post has been fixed.

But nothing was broken. I'm teasing Rent for the way he posts updates which is to post blip, then make an entirely separate post for viddler.

I don't care that much, I just find it amusing.

Adus on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey, whatever works. I sometimes make interim posts just for MKR's diary entries.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

<.<

Damn it, Rent. What am I gonna do with you?

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

<.<

hey it's important info that people checking the thread might not be aware of

like josh

Rent on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

<.<

hey it's important info that people checking the thread might not be aware of

like josh

huh

what

I am unaware of things

EDIT:

By the way I am learning to appreciate good screenshot LPs. They are difficult to pull off well.

And Syphyre might come into this thread sometime; he's been fun to work with on QFG. Be nice to him if he does, you heathens.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    No I am going to be a jerk to him intentionally

Syphyre? More like Sy-liar (this assumes your name is pronounced Sci-fire)

Rent on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Rent? More like gent

See it's ironic because in the LP thread you are the complete opposite of a gent

You are a rapscallion good sir

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    man whatever

At least I don't do SSLPs

At least I'm not gay

but I repeat myself

Rent on
  • Options